• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

You are luckier than others then, or at least luckier than us by far. Just wiped our last run because Crota "killed" the sword runner with no animation while kneeling when the immune shield popped up. I can upload a clip later.

It's not just about the glitches, at all. TDB is one of the laziest excuses for content "expansion" I've ever seen, the most flagrant example of disc-locked "DLC" I can think of for sure. CE is terribly designed and a very poor excuse for a supposed "raid," as I've talked about many times around here. As much as I want to continue helping this community I need to take a step away from the game for my own well being, if I plan to continue participating in future expansions (and I sincerely hope that Bungie can "win" me and my teammates back, but that is up to them).

Take it easy friend. Everyone probably needs a bit of a breather. Play casually or not at all.

I have yet to run hard mode but already know I don't have the patience for it. A fun run and then done for me I suppose.

Daemul

f9nRJzl.gif

Come on Hawkian, not like this.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You are luckier than others then, or at least luckier than us by far. Just wiped our last run because Crota "killed" the sword runner with no animation while kneeling when the immune shield popped up. I can upload a clip later.

It's not just about the glitches, at all. TDB is one of the laziest excuses for content "expansion" I've ever seen, the most flagrant example of disc-locked "DLC" I can think of for sure. CE is terribly designed and a very poor excuse for a supposed "raid," as I've talked about many times around here. As much as I want to continue helping this community I need to take a step away from the game for my own well being, if I plan to continue participating in future expansions (and I sincerely hope that Bungie can "win" me and my teammates back, but that is up to them).

I don't know why anyone would trust anything Bungie does at this point. It's not like this is one month after launch. We're closing in on half a year now.

Take it easy friend. Everyone probably needs a bit of a breather. Play casually or not at all.

I have yet to run hard mode but already know I don't have the patience for it. A fun run and then done for me I suppose.
This is what I meant when I said casual players actually have more fun with this game than people who are the most dedicated to it.

Wait for the hard raid solutions to go up in a weeks, replicate the video with a few friends or even an LFG group, then go back to playing other games until March.

Just looking at some of the angst the game has caused some people in the thread and I can tell you that it's just not worth it.

People hoping for a challenging and FUN Hard Mode raid were met with artificial difficulty and extreme frustration... 'Twas the straw that broke a few backs.

That's the only thing I don't get. Did anyone really expect anything different? Sure we hoped for it, but we all knew what they were going to do. There isn't even a path from the lights to the bridge, just a bright white loading screen. They weren't going to change anything for HM, just ramp it up.

We knew that we would be current underleveled since before the dlc came out.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That's the only thing I don't get. Did anyone really expect anything different? Sure we hoped for it, but we all knew what they were going to do. There isn't even a path from the lights to the bridge, just a bright white loading screen. They weren't going to change anything for HM, just ramp it up.
I think everyone knew that when the raid was going to be 33, it was going to be more cheap than not.

What made the thread implode yesterday? I don't understand.

Well I have previous stated many times before, I was beginning to burn myself out on Destiny. The only reason I still continue playing, was due to this community. I personally believe this community is great and I am always happy to help out whenever I am available.

However I enrage yesterday due to the Hard Mode. Perhaps I did cause myself to enrage since I just kept attempting to kill Crota for ~5 hours straight. Within those ~5 hours, all the worst "glitches and bugs" occur when Crota was 1 sword break away from death. Personally I find it disappointing for Bungie to not fix any of those glitches. It doesnt matter that Hard Mode is level 33, just the frustration of losing the fight when its not your fault and there is noting you can do to prevent it.

The Dark Below was a very piss poor "expansion content". In addition, the regrind exotic weapons, gears, commendations, etc are design to keep people playing. I dislike how RNG works and alot of other players do get screw over on loot drops even tho they have been playing the game since launch. Why dont they give us a proper update to fix the glitches that are able to be fix? Instead they add anti cheese patch that screws over some portion of the game. And to fix those screw up causes by the patch, they take ~2 months. Plus I hate how Bungie always state " we are listening" but will they actually do anything? Meh of course they will in Destiny 2..

well take care DestinyGAF :) you guys were the best and I had a great time playing with everyone.

Well I have previous stated many times before, I was beginning to burn myself out on Destiny. The only reason I still continue playing, was due to this community. I personally believe this community is great and I am always happy to help out whenever I am available.

However I enrage yesterday due to the Hard Mode. Perhaps I did cause myself to enrage since I just kept attempting to kill Crota for ~5 hours straight. Within those ~5 hours, all the worst "glitches and bugs" occur when Crota was 1 sword break away from death. Personally I find it disappointing for Bungie to not fix any of those glitches. It doesnt matter that Hard Mode is level 33, just the frustration of losing the fight when its not your fault and there is noting you can do to prevent it.

The Dark Below was a very piss poor "expansion content". In addition, the regrind exotic weapons, gears, commendations, etc are design to keep people playing. I dislike how RNG works and alot of other players do get screw over on loot drops even tho they have been playing the game since launch. Why dont they give us a proper update to fix the glitches that are able to be fix? Instead they add anti cheese patch that screws over some portion of the game. And to fix those screw up causes by the patch, they take ~2 months. Plus I hate how Bungie always state " we are listening" but will they actually do anything? Meh of course they will in Destiny 2..

well take care DestinyGAF :) you guys were the best and I had a great time playing with everyone.

Damn, you too?
Come on rawr

Why does this feel like senior year of high school all of the sudden

Rubenov

Waw, we got the strategy down don't quit now

I was expecting too much from hard CE, I thought these were reasonable but realistic changes.

- Abyss stops you walking if hit level 10...so teams need a smooth run between lamps.
- Bridge to blind-over-time people not on pads.
- Death circles during the liturgy
- No chalice and only sword super hurts Crota.

Instead it just 'now you taking lots more dmage and need do a crapload more'. Didn't enjoy hard CE at all. Gonna kill him a few times then done until HoW out, and if it following the same logic of challenge then sod it all.

Mattiator

Sums up exactly how I feel to the tee. I met some awesome people and had some awesome times. I appreciate all the help I have gotten over the last few months and hope I have helped others too. I am looking forward to playing other games in the future with everyone I met!

CROTA STRATEGY USED

1. Bubble with blessing at the crystal

2. Clear trash, make sure everyone is using supers to make a nice reserve of orbs

3. Go to Left side stairs, but do not go out until everyone is ready, heal, heavy synth. Etc. swordbearer does not come out until someone exits the area.

4. 2-3 people on the swordbearer, one Titan with Ghorn and a warlock to make a shit ton of orbs (that player should not use their super at the crystal but save it) to help with healing and supers

5. Rest of the players on the knights in the left tower, do not shoot them immediately, wait for them to take their positions and then fire, firing early will stagger and fuck up path finding and then you may not see them behind there

6. Take out wizard and the swordbearer should go down at the same time, and a Titan should pop a blinding bubble on the left tower to blind the next 2 boomers that will come out usually around the second Crota kneel

7. DPS on Crota, Ghorns all the way, swordbearer does their thing going up the left side rock, we aimed for 3 swords, so you have to be careful you don't do too well (come on Bungie!) in case you leave Crota with too little health and hit the enrage

8. Regroup inside the left area and wait for Crota to move to centre, heal up, pop heavy ammo, etc start doing #4-6 just before he goes centre, don't wait

9. ogres, rush down to the left tower inside since it is the closest, have the team jump up above the doors, suppress ogre with suppression grenade once he comes out the door (they will still melee but should be fine since you are above the door, do not use the coffins, too low). DPS ogre, then be safe and kill the second ogre from that room, a blessing of light bubble is very useful here too

10. Go back to left stairs when safe, ensure Crota is not there, wait if needed

11. Rinse repeat for the last kneels

Cosmos, we doing this strat right?

Top Bottom