• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

*waiting for rNilla to finish off Knights*
tumblr_mwn4lmWLMt1shf8zxo1_250.gif

Dwalls

Neo Member
All I want is the thread to not be filled with posts about leaving that's all. That's not good for the OT.

If you think that's ok fine. You have the ability to ignore my posts.

This is all I'm gonna say on this matter anymore.

It's quite possible the thread will be filled with nothing but the posts you'd like to read fairly soon ;)

M3Rocket

I'm sorry that this was your experience. I know there are many lurkers around this thread and I appreciate you taking the time to post your feelings, whether or not they were received kindly by everyone.

One of the other reasons I grew to love DGAF is getting to know people from literally all "around the world" (it's the name of my clan after all). It's taught me to be more compassionate and accommodating to people from different life backgrounds and languages. Many people don't feel comfortable using voice comms because English isn't their first language, and it's important to accommodate our differences.

I'm sorry DGAF but I'm disappointed. There's no reason to stop being nice to each other.

I understand the frustration with the game. I don't understand the frustration that seem to have now changed the attitude this community has towards each other.

Namikaze1

Let it go, let it go
I am one with the wind and sky
Let it go, let it go
You'll never see me cry!

Here I stand
And here I'll stay
Let the storm rage on!

gdt

Damn. I joined a party of non gaffers and boy was it frustrating. Me and deathfromabove had to bail, but I guess he's done for the night too. This dude was constantly killing Knights over and over, I kept saying to use your super -_- Need those health orbs. He seemed nice but it's just frustrating playing outside of Destinygaf I guess.

Anybody doing Crota? Need another kill on my Hunter.

I understand the frustration with the game. I don't understand the frustration that seem to have now changed the attitude this community has towards each other.

Yep, exactly.

It's hard for me to ignore posts when people suddenly pile on to be unpleasant to a new-ish poster in these threads.

What has always made this community strong was kindness, patience and consideration. We've always been able to disagree and debate with one another in this type of manner, the community was never based around only agreeing with each other but rather showing respect regardless of these differences.

I will always love this community and I will be back but it's clear that I really need to step away not just from the game but from this thread. God bless everyone and please take care of each other.

Lnkn52

Damn. I joined a party of non gaffers and boy was it frustrating. Me and deathfromabove had to bail, but I guess he's done for the night too. This dude was constantly killing Knights over and over, I kept saying to use your super -_- Need those health orbs. He seemed nice but it's just frustrating playing outside of Destinygaf I guess.

Anybody doing Crota? Need another kill on my Hunter.

I hate joining those type of parties. I don't like to be rude but sometimes you just have to abandon ship quickly and swiftly.

Haybro

Yep, exactly.

It's hard for me to ignore posts when people suddenly pile on to be unpleasant to a new-ish poster in these threads.

What has always made this community strong was kindness, patience and consideration. We've always been able to disagree and debate with one another in this type of manner, the community was never based around only agreeing with each other but rather showing respect regardless of these differences.

I will always love this community and I will be back but it's clear that I really need to step away not just from the game but from this thread. God bless everyone and please take care of each other.

I think the community's still good. It's just the thread gets a little cliquish at times. It's cyclical like that!

I've met some awesome people from here. I hope you stick around.

I'm sorry. I've read too many posts about people quitting the game. It's really been "a thing" on GAF for people to post about quitting Destiny. I've never seen it before with other games. It gets quite tiring. But it has nothing to do with you and your feelings about why you don't want to play anymore. Anyway I'm sorry to you.

No problem, but in my case at the end is more sadness of what could have been Destiny, what it is now and how repeatedly Bungie seems to screw any chance to improve the game. Its frustrating ><.

All I want is the thread to not be filled with posts about leaving that's all. That's not good for the OT.

If you think that's ok fine. You have the ability to ignore my posts.

This is all I'm gonna say on this matter anymore.

The problem is you are going to read a lot of them I think, and if I wanted to create a new topic they would point me here. And the ability to ignore is also in your side. The "hamster wheel" nature of Destiny (its said in that way in English I think) and the inability of Bungie to release new content is going to burn a lot of people.

Also changing subject, I'm beginning to believe all the rumours about the DLC (TDB and HOW) was almost finished before Destiny, and now Destiny staff is working in Destiny 2 and they have a skeleton crew with Destiny. I don't have another explanation to the lack of polish in the raid and the almost inexistent new content.

People are just joking. It's not like we're laughing at them. It's all in fun.

If people want to see legitimate nasty attitudes, go back to the OT1 and launch threads.

But given how tense things have been since yesterday, the posts don't come off as they should be.

Namikaze1

I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light
He's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life

I think the community's still good. It's just the thread gets a little cliquish at times. It's cyclical like that!

I've met some awesome people from here. I hope you stick around.

Thanks for your response, I appreciate it. I've formed way too many strong bonds in this community to ever disappear for good. No amount of tension nowadays can change the experiences we've shared together. I went from 2-3 friends on PS4 to 300+ exclusively due to this game and mainly this thread. You are all good people in my book.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
What is this, DestinyLFG.net?? c'mon now

I declined for that reason, "we've downed him twice, need Ghorn + Ammo Packs then you could join"

I'd rather do it on my own term and w/o being asked to go out of my way to appease a certain requirement

If Bungie has their finger on the pulse of the unity at all, a Xur Gjallarhorn sale might bring some back from the precipice. Throw in a Helm of Saint 14 (or at least a helm engram) for good measure and baby, you've got yourself a stew going.

Any vids of clears with no Titans?

I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light
He's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life

My poor ears.