• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Deku Tree

saw this over on reddit
someone got a 365 damage pulse rifle in their postmaster
zu3QMEH.jpg

So is this a glitch that reveals that 365 attack is the new higher attack value for HoW? Level cap bump to 33? Vendors sell level 33 armor? Require 2.0 Commendations?

Or is it a photoshop?

After playing around 350 hours, I think my team and myself are going to stop playing Destiny. We enjoyed a lot of that hours, but after the first weeks when we began to discover the almost inexistent story, lore, characters, the enormous lack of content and the excessive grind to do everything, a few friends called it off. Then we keep playing five friends, even we purchased the expansion pass, hoping that TDB (And HOW) would bring more or less new content.

Then TDB came out, and we found that only a few parts of the ¿¡three!? story missions and the two strikes (PS4 here) were new, the rest were reused assets. And the new vendor was another grind. Anyway the core gameplay was fun, so we keep playing, even we leveled a few alts, and we did our VoG 30 and CE weekly runs. But now the grind and repetition is beginning to wear, CE 33 is a joke (and at least in my case was my last chance for Bungie for show something decent in terms of design) and the RNG of this game is terrible, only two of the five of the crew have Gjarhorns, and they have received it at least two times. Same with other weapons and exotics in general.

So what now? I don't know if we will try to get the Platinum, or try a bit CE 33, but at least myself (who usually is the person that organizes the raids and gets everyone together) I'm going to stop playing, or at least no so much. Maybe helping some friends with the Nightfall, if they miss someone for a raid, but nothing more (I'm not going to organize more raids, that for sure, nor keeping leveled the alters). No more doing the same bounties again and again, and grinding like a bitch to level some equipment. Also I love to explore in my games, and I'm bored to tears to go the same places again and again for the 20th time. And also I'm very disappointed with Bungie.

About the last part, is specially a salty wound. Never had a Xbox or X360, but played a lot of the Halo games (SP and MP) in a friends house, and it was pretty good. When Destiny was announced I couldn't stop telling my friends how amazing was Bungie and how Destiny was going to rock (even I got a friend to buy a PS4 for this game). Then we got what we got, and even then I keep my faith in Bungie, and I hope that TDB would bring at least entire new missions and Strikes. And we got a lot of refurbished shit (minus the raid). That was the final straw.

TL;dr I was dissapointed with the game, but it was fun to play and enjoy with the friends (and I had hopes with TDB). Then TDB came out, it was very dissapointing, but I keep playing because of my friends, but the grind has wear me, and CE 33 extremely lazy design has opened my eyes, and I'm going to stop playing the game.
Alright bye

2 of us looking to join on a Crota's checkpoint on HM. Our usual group isn't able to get together tonight.

ArkkAngel007
NuTr1x

or 4 to join on Deathsinger.

I have a feeling we'd have better luck with the former lol

Mattiator

Hey lun I have to get my kiddos to bed. :(

Like many others today I feel very burned out. 828 hours in this game and my 32s are underleveled for a raid? Color me passive aggressively disillusioned. (Rant inbound)

"We don't want to relevel our gear."

Too bad.

"You want us to respect your time in the game."

They do what they want anyway.

Every time we speak out - they do what they want anyway. We're playing the game wrong. Not as intended. Bugs still there. Characters with dozens or hundreds of hours in them = underleveled? Only to do it all again in a few weeks?

Meh. 828 freaking hours. Holy crap.

Hamster = leaving wheel for a while.

Respect! :)

blackflag

My plan is to beat Crota HM because we've come so close so many times. The only play for 4 hours at reset every week. That's probably all I'll be doing until I see how HOW is. If there's anoth IB I'll probably do that because I enjoy the better competition.

Karl2177

So is this a glitch that reveals that 365 attack is the new higher attack value for HoW? Level cap bump to 33? Vendors sell level 33 armor? Require 2.0 Commendations?

Or is it a photoshop?

Looks like a weird bug. If bungie.net also displays it as level 34 damage, then it's probably going to be that way forever.

Cruxist

His Titan looks like he's level 5. How would he end up with that?

His Reddit post said he downloaded the demo on 360. His account is also linked to BNet through his PS4 (which is his main player). He had a Christmas Package waiting for him and boom.

So once again, a very specific set of criteria.

Rubenov

I'm here guys, not going anywhere. I'll be here through all expansions, and handle disappointments in stride. I've had so much fun; might have to make new friends though if too many leave.

Am I missing something? You two are good people but this doesn't seem like the nicest or most considerate response to someone who was taking the time to post their feelings in depth, whether or not you agreed with them. I apologize if I'm missing something but it doesn't seem very fitting of DGAF...
What else is there to say? All I'm saying is bye.

Why do you need a long ass post justifying why your leaving? We know this game sucks we get it. Let it go. I'm sick of it.

zewone

Am I missing something? You two are good people but this doesn't seem like the nicest or most considerate response to someone who was taking the time to post their feelings in depth, whether or not you agreed with them. I apologize if I'm missing something but it doesn't seem very fitting of DGAF...

Edit: okay, make that three... what am I missing people?
I just wasn't expecting that when I scrolled down and it caught me off guard. lol

Hugstable

Banned
Lol my luck is so weird, after having just spent tons of marks and a vanguard commendation to get the legendary Warlock chest, I got a random drop in a strike that had a pretty equivalent warlock chest peice, just with strength instead of intellect. Like they shoulda gave me this before I spent all my marks!

Edit: okay, make that three... what am I missing people?

You aren't missing nothing, I can't believe what I've just read. I'm a lurker in the majority of GAF threads, around 1k posts since 2005, and here in this thread more of the same. English is not my native language, and I'm kind of shy. I've done a few raids with gaffers, just yesterday I tried CE 33 with gaffers, even I helped to cheese the bridge. I vented my feelings, I enjoyed this game a lot but I'm very burned, and then some people is "ok thx bye lol". I'm beginning to understand Hawkian's decision.

Why do you need a long ass post justifying why your leaving? We know this game sucks we get it. Let it go. I'm sick of it.

Why do you need to give an unpleasant response though? If you are so sick of it then feel free to ignore any posts like that. People have a right to post how they feel and you have a right to ignore those posts if you don't care or relate to it.

I grew to love this community because people here were so nice and considerate to one another. I don't understand why we would start treating people differently now just because some people disagree about the future of the game.

LiK

Why do you need to give an unpleasant response though? If you are so sick of it then feel free to ignore any posts like that. People have a right to post how they feel and you have a right to ignore those posts if you don't care or relate to it.

I grew to love this community because people here were so nice and considerate to one another. I don't understand why we would start treating people differently now just because some people disagree about the future of the game.

Now now, let's all hug.

Look at what this raid is doing to us! Lol

Top Bottom