• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

What is the word on Hard Light or Monte Carlo. Trying to decide what I should focus on leveling next. I am a Scout Rifle guy now, but that's mostly because the bullet hose AR's suck ass. Hard Light looks to be a bit better at a glance. Maybe Monte Carlo is better in PvP with the melee perks.

EL CUCO

Last night was the first time I took out my maxed 331 Crucible Rapier to the Raid.

I LOVE it. Outlaw + Firefly make it feel like a Fatebringer with a scope.

Coconut

Banned
Can I sneak up to level 32 with two 36 light pieces (boots and gauntlets) fully upgraded exotic chest and a 33 light helmet? Or do all the legendaries need to be 36 light?

3 fully leveled legendaries and one fully level exotic will sneak you up to 32.

What is the word on Hard Light or Monte Carlo. Trying to decide what I should focus on leveling next. I am a Scout Rifle guy now, but that's mostly because the bullet hose AR's suck ass. Hard Light looks to be a bit better at a glance. Maybe Monte Carlo is better in PvP with the melee perks.

Looking at the stats looks like hard light is more of a PvE weapon a stat you are looking for in aPvP weapon are things that boost impact.

NITC has field scout? Or am I forgetting the default mag size? I would go with that if it has FS. My most desired perk roll is a nice scout with Outlaw/FS/Firefly.

RNG would give me Gjallarhorn before something like that.

We really need a reroll feature at the gunsmith. I would play that all day, spend whatever necessary, until I got my perfect perk roll.

noomi

Hard light seems to be pretty good for pvp :) monte carlo can be fyn, but from what I understand it is not too great for hunters.

MC > HL, but like you said neither is top tier.

Last night was the first time I took out my maxed 331 Crucible Rapier to the Raid.

I LOVE it. Outlaw + Firefly make it feel like a Fatebringer with a scope.

Yup, the 13 mag is a little sad but still my favorite new vendor weapon.

RNG would give me Gjallarhorn before something like that.

We really need a reroll feature at the gunsmith. I would play that all day, spend whatever necessary, until I got my perfect perk roll.

YES PLS. It wouldn't make "sense" but could be a perfect sink for the ass mat piles of long time players. I'd be happy even if all re-rolls took Motes.

I got a LOT of Exotics last night, none of them needed...

2x Hard Light
2x Thunderlord
1x Plan C
1x Truth

From 3 Nightfalls and 3 Crota Raids. What really sucks is that I have 331 versions of all of these already. These are essentially just Exotic Shards now, which isn't too bad. And 3 raids each week, and I still don't have Black Hammer...!!!!

33 hours into the work week, and 88 hours of work since ive had a day off. need me some destiny.

Come back to us Pwn. Destiny is your job.

Just got one shotted by an unupgraded 237 attack blue fusion rifle by a guy 6 levels below me. Da fuq Bungie.

I thought 6 levels below did 0 damage....? Blah, stupid IB. Level differences still need to be more extreme, I mean normal Crucible is always available.

E92 M3

NITC has field scout? Or am I forgetting the default mag size? I would go with that if it has FS. My most desired perk roll is a nice scout with Outlaw/FS/Firefly.

Just default 20.

snmZAqF.jpg

That's it; I'm a bit ambivalent.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
snuggles Gheleon's Demise
I got Do Gooder V in the nightfall last night, rolled with counterbalance and glass half full, with the option for high caliber/fitted stock/skip rounds.

Good drop? Which option should I take?
With fitted stock, it could be pretty decent. Overall it'd have very high stability after that. Generally I don't like any auto rifles with low impact, but then again I had a bunch of fun with an Unwilling Soul-09 that rolled with some good perks for me months ago and everyone hates that gun, so give it a shot.
I don't have Hard Light but If it's for PvP primarily, Monte Carlo is probably just the better bet all around.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Thunderlord is so sexy.

Perfect balance or field scout tho?

Sure is, just started leveling mine, got it yesterday on the Nightfall. I'm going field scout. Could always use more ammo. Although if Ruin Wings were more consistent I would go perfect balance.

dB Viper

2x Hard Light
2x Thunderlord
1x Plan C
1x Truth

From 3 Nightfalls and 3 Crota Raids. What really sucks is that I have 331 versions of all of these already. These are essentially just Exotic Shards now, which isn't too bad. And 3 raids each week, and I still don't have Black Hammer...!!!!

I'd trade you a black hammer for a Hard Light... just trying to get one more my collection. Grr.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hard light seems to be pretty good for pvp :) monte carlo can be fyn, but from what I understand it is not too great for hunters.
Surprised to hear that it's pretty good in PvP, I don't find myself getting killed by it often at all. Would be fun to play around with one day.

Monte Carlo could be an awesome setup for a Throwing Knife build. useless for bladedancers.

Just default 20. .

Makes sense now, I had forgotten. Anyone know what an NITC mag w/ field scout is?

snuggles Gheleon's Demise.

I had a 300 version but never appreciated it. Spent all my motes getting nice rolls of Peruns and Jolders for all 3 element types. And now we can't get the scout, fusion, or MG this time ;_;

Getting that sniper to drop and a good Timur's roll would partially make up for it.

Dazzler

Hard Light is my go-to PVP gun. Absolutely shreds people at close quarters

treat it like you would a submachine gun in other shooters and it really shines

Come back to us Pwn. Destiny is your job.

I thought 6 levels below did 0 damage....? Blah, stupid IB. Level differences still need to be more extreme, I mean normal Crucible is always available.

I honestly think Bungie didn't apply the damage modifiers to weapons and only to your abilities like grenades etc...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Will rerolling an Iron Banner gun change it's stats or just its special upgrades?

I bought the Auto Rifle last time and although its aweskme in some respects the impact is just too low to go head to head against hand cannons and higher impact weapons

Yeah, Auto Rifles are garbage. I tried to do the AR headshot bounty for IB and it felt like I was shooting marshmallows.

Suros or a 331 Vanquisher w/ decent perks is the only thing tolerable for that bounty. Unless I'm mistaken, the other high impact ARs like Shadow Price don't have 331 versions?

Yeah, Auto Rifles are garbage. I tried to do the AR headshot bounty for IB and it felt like I was shooting marshmallows.

My Vanquisher VIII with perfect balance is about the only gun that can complete that bounty. It's ridiculously stable.

and yeah, think I'll dismantle that Do Gooder V. thanks for the advice, guys

YES!!! After being ghornless since launch I finally got my first one today from deathsinger, which was followed immediately by a second one from Crota. 2 in < 10 minutes, crazy.

Nuszka

Completed a view IB games and it's hard to play with uncoordinated randoms who don't even know witch point to keep just running around from one to another. If anyone here is running some IB let me know as I don't think I can endure any more of it , coming close to second rank but think if I don't find a group I will leave it at that.

SgtCobra

2x Hard Light
2x Thunderlord
1x Plan C
1x Truth

Don't complain, I've only got shards and energies from all nightfalls/raids.

noomi

Surprised to hear that it's pretty good in PvP, I don't find myself getting killed by it often at all. Would be fun to play around with one day.

Monte Carlo could be an awesome setup for a Throwing Knife build. useless for bladedancers.

Yeah, not many people use it, but in the right hands it can be very good. Plus looks and sounds awesome :D

To be honest though.... any AR can be good. I remember leveling one of my alts and I did pure crucible from level 12 - 16 using a white rarity auto rifle. I came out in 1st place almost every single round, and was getting kills all over the place. I had some high level players rage quit and msg me with hate lol. Fun times!

E92 M3

YES!!! After being ghornless since launch I finally got my first one today from deathsinger, which was followed immediately by a second one from Crota. 2 in < 10 minutes, crazy.

LOL RNG is a troll, it's like me getting two Timepieces at once for my first time. Or two VOG boots when I needed them back in the day.

Top Bottom