• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

I just want to go home and play Iron Banner. Stuck at work. First time I'm actually interested in it. Hoping to get to rank 2, maybe 3 today, so the weekend grind isn't as long.

patchday

8501 iirc

With a 257 Final Boss Arc Sniper I did 10k crits. Oruboros (spelling?) was hitting it for like 12k. This was in Nightfall!

I generally think NF is so much more fun and fast paced then the normal strike and weekly heroic. I love NFs but do not enjoy these missions outside of NF. Sure the weeklies are much easier but they take so much more time. Wish we had the option to increase difficulty on Weekly heroic to nightfall hard but also get to enjoy Arc burn bonuses

NF was so much fast paced and entertaining.

I helped my bro do this mission as a normal strike (Devil's Lair) and I thought it really sucked balls to kill the tank. Maybe I needed some gaffers there to bring the pain Idk. I normally only stick to NFs myself but my bro wanted me to play with him and he's too low for NFs

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is the Universal Remote worth upgrading? Not sure if a primary shotgun is a good or bad thing.

Namikaze1

What's funny is the pure outrage I received when I suggested that Ice Breaker wasn't something that was "necessary" in TDB (I was arguing that it wasn't a mandatory upgrade at Xur if you had a level 300 one). Some people in this thread flipped out! I haven't used my ice breaker in such a long time. I just leave it in the vault.
I personally like my two LDR 5001 over Ice Breaker.

Jinjo

Goddamn fucking randoms. We were winning on Firebase, had A & B then some idiot goes and caps C. We lose the match, fuck man.

Any spots on an IB train somewhere? Got about an hour.

commish

I helped my bro do this mission as a normal strike (Devil's Lair) and I thought it really sucked balls to kill the tank. Maybe I needed some gaffers there to bring the pain Idk. I normally only stick to NFs myself but my bro wanted me to play with him and he's too low for NFs

I did this strike last week and all 3 of us had the raid sniper. The tank was dead in under 15 seconds. It was actually pretty funny. One of the guys on my strike said "okay... now I just feel dirty about what just happened to that tank."

Do you prefer to have Exotics equipped as Prime Special or Heavy?

Also I completed CE final boss last night legit for the first time. With the right crew, it was pretty easy. took 4 tries.

hydruxo

You mean like this?

X8Ufi_zps62cda975.gif

hydruxo

If it makes you feel any better I've had nothing, but horrible luck in VoG. Still don't have any of the sought weapons from there.

I've gotten the Vex 9 times, just got another one last night haha. I've been pretty lucky with RNG, I just don't have Gjalla, Universal Remote, Hard Light and 4th Horseman.

TP-DK

Got two legendary engrams from leveling the cryptarch today. One of them turned into Ruin Wings, which I already have.

The other turned into Up For Anything auto rifle. I'm not really a fan of weapons with low impact, but one of the perks for it fills the stability bar, which I think could make it pretty fun to use, even though the range is bad too.

kidko

331 weapon does more damage than 300 weapon against the same level enemy, whereas being level 31 instead of 30 doesn't increase damage against a level 30 enemy. If that makes sense. (talking about PvE now, instead of IB. Supposedly 31 would make you do more damage in IB to a 30 but the difference doesn't seem very significant).

OK cool, thanks for the heads up. I need to fully embrace this 331 new world.

PuMa

Mythocast Episode 2 - Damn Randoms, You Scary!

https://www.spreaker.com/user/7944038/episode-2-damn-randoms-you-scary

Sorry were late. Episode 2 had to be redone because it didn't actually record because reasons. Let me know if the audio is better. I tested it with ultimate ears, sennheisers, and an LG soundbar. Thought it was ok. Dose sennheisers doe.

Thanks for listening!

Thought I would post this again since I put it up late last night.

Great listen while I'm at work!

commish

Do you prefer to have Exotics equipped as Prime Special or Heavy?

Nowadays, I have an exotic as my primary 95% of the time. It's just more fun, even if it is not the "optimal" build. I used to argue that the Vex wasn't that useful because it took up an exotic slot, which was better served with an ice breaker or ballerhorn, but I don't really agree with that anymore, unless it's a progression raid.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm for Atheon guys.

Oh that run took 1:13 hour. And more than half of it is us idling.

Got Ir Yut again and Universal Remote.

Less than 600 rep to Eris rank 4 and I get a gold star, er, can get to level 32.

Question: Should I level my raid helm or gauntlets first to get to 32. Or rather, what Exotic would be better to have for the raid? Either Don't Touch Me or the Symbiote/Third Man combo. I am leaning to use Don't Touch Me. Any opinions?

I will probably lelevel it all eventually but would rather funnel extra mats to my alt firdt.

Sometimes I really like Crucible and other times it sends me into a furious murder frenzy. Typically on matches where I melee a guy 3 times, nothing happens, then he kills and t bags me. Had to mute my mic a few times to not blow out anyone's ear drums. &@*^!&^@ !)(@***

Mythocast Episode 2 - Damn Randoms, You Scary!

https://www.spreaker.com/user/7944038/episode-2-damn-randoms-you-scary

Sorry were late. Episode 2 had to be redone because it didn't actually record because reasons. Let me know if the audio is better. I tested it with ultimate ears, sennheisers, and an LG soundbar. Thought it was ok. Dose sennheisers doe.

Thanks for listening!

Thought I would post this again since I put it up late last night.

Cool. Best name for a Destiny podcast.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Reading these threads with all the GHorn posts gives the impression that they drop a lot and I should be getting one any day. But nope.

It's worse because I could have bought it the first week but I didn't have enough coins and it's not like anyone knew at that point how good it was...

Nightfall rewards this week were pretty average.

Mida Multi tool (number 3)
Badger CCL (number 3)
One Way Ticket (number 3)

Literally everything I got from the Nightfalls this week was my third copy of something.

Sometimes I really like Crucible and other times it sends me into a furious murder frenzy. Typically on matches where I melee a guy 3 times, nothing happens, then he kills and t bags me. Had to mute my mic a few times to not blow out anyone's ear drums. &@*^!&^@ !)(@***

I know what you mean. When I melee a guy 2+ times first and then he ends up killing me then he dies from my pre-death melee afterwards. Worse when they don't die and tbag you, I agree.

When people tbag and they don't deserve the tbag, idk why but it frustrates me. Like they stole a kill from their teammate when I was having a 1 on 1 battle, etc.

Top Bottom