• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

I think I'm gonna take a break. See how long I can last. Maybe come back to do the Weekly for Xur. Otherwise, I've already exhausted all there is to do except level up items. Bleh.

LiK

Lag can totally ruin a good PVP match. Sometimes you wonder why you're missing or your shots aren't taking down a guy as quickly as before. Lag. Red bars everywhere.

Righty10

Do any of you guys own a PSTV and play Destiny on through the remote play function? How well does it work?

Thinking about getting one to use in the office when the wife wants to watch TV.

k1t4j

Anyone planning on doing CE tonight (GMT schedule)?

I can do a fresh run and I have a deathsinger CP, either or really.

I am on PSN

Midas + Don't Touch Me in the Abyss

Sogood.gif

Really liking Don't Touch Me. Outside of OHKO, it neutralizes the Lightswitch modifier. Almost feels like cheating.

SkylineRKR

Besides Ice-Breaker and Gjallahorn, are there any other weapons I should be ashamed of not having?

Hawkmoon and Thunderlord, which are like the only 2 exotics I don't have yet. Xur can sell one of those, but its starting to look like Hard Light, Remote and Thunderlord will never enter.

I'll bet on another Plan C friday.

I maxed out my arc Longbow Synthesis for this week's Nightfall...

Holy shit. That thing is all impact.

Got to the Devil Walker and used two rockets from my arc Valedictorian, which broke a leg and brought him down. Switched to my Longbow to hit its weakpoint...killed it before it even got up once. That thing is bananas. Whole encounter took less than 30 seconds.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Hawkmoon and Thunderlord, which are like the only 2 exotics I don't have yet. Xur can sell one of those, but its starting to look like Hard Light, Remote and Thunderlord will never enter.

I'll bet on another Plan C friday.

Friday is ghorn. I've already checked.

Jinjo

So after I finally got my auto-rifle headshot bounty in IB I could finally start playing with my maxed Hawkmoon.

Sogood.gif

Namikaze1

Hey LIK

giphy.gif

Does anyone have Zoba's guide to Iron Banner from last time? I didn't play last Iron Banner, but since I'm doing this one I don't want to play like a bozo.

Lag can totally ruin a good PVP match. Sometimes you wonder why you're missing or your shots aren't taking down a guy as quickly as before. Lag. Red bars everywhere.

I think slight lag is worse than a lot of lag. You can't quite tell if you're just sucking or its lag. It also causes me to rage so much more....

Played one IB match this morning with randoms. We were down about 3k halfway through, but managed to mount a pretty good comeback. Lost 20,230 to 20,180. Damn close match.

Have no desire to go back to it without a GAF party. Also, hit 31 this morning, woot, woot! Won't be able to hit 32 until I get an exotic chest piece or better legendary gear.

Born2Live

I'm still on the Icebreaker hype train but that's because I only got it on Monday. I'll tell you what gun has taken me by surprise, Multitool. It's so much fun to play with and that's before I've unlocked any of the perks it seems to go well with my Gunslinging Hunter.

Steroyd

Bungie need to fix that auto aim bullshit, went against a team and of course they operate in groups, reticule gets pulls across when someone is nearly dead, contoller break worthy.

My fiancé finally complained last night to me.

She said that ever since I got this game, I don't pay attention to her anymore, I don't go to bed at the same time with her anymore. I felt really bad and guilty last night.

tonight I will take her out to dinner, give her some much needed attention. Then when she falls asleep, I will be back to the grind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pringles

Stupid question maybe... but what REALLY is so good about Gjallarhorn? I have a Hezen Vengeance and it kills most people dead.. and my Super Good Advice also tears pretty much everything to pieces and makes quick work of bosses..

I usually prefer Legendaries in the Heavy slot because I have so many Primary/Special exotics that I like using.. Suros, Mythoclast, Icebreaker, Patience and Time, The Last Word etc.. is Ghorn really so much better than those guns, which have all had similar hype-trains?

EL CUCO

I've played a plenty of PvP with randoms and can usually carry a team to a win, but Iron Banner brings out the absolute worst in randoms...

E92 M3

My fiancé finally complained last night to me.

She said that ever since I got this game, I don't pay attention to her anymore, I don't go to bed at the same time with her anymore. I felt really bad and guilty last night.

tonight I will take her out to dinner, give her some much needed attention. Then when she falls asleep, I will be back to the grind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give her the horn.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
LOL. We are getting our asses kicked by Atheon. Fucking bugs and glitches.
What's happening?
Stupid question maybe... but what REALLY is so good about Gjallarhorn? I have a Hezen Vengeance and it kills most people dead.. and my Super Good Advice also tears pretty much everything to pieces and makes quick work of bosses..

I usually prefer Legendaries in the Heavy slot because I have so many Primary/Special exotics that I like using.. Suros, Mythoclast, Icebreaker, Patience and Time, The Last Word etc.. is Ghorn really so much better than those guns, which have all had similar hype-trains?
wolfpack rounds, its unique perk, cause it to do the most damage to a single target of any weapon. there's really no more to it. Compared to Super Good Advice in particular, you may not yet have seen what "quick work" looks like.
Awesome, I love the pretender :p

Homeboyd

One gjallarhorn rocket w/ clusters does probably the same damage as 2 (or more) of your hezens. It's ridic. And it tracks (both rockets and cluster bombs)

Invective plus Juggernaut, nothing stops the Invective train. lol

Just got Dragon's Breath from IB, if I didn't have Ghorn I'd be excited.

Weird, can anyone who is more familiar with the community explain why Halo's OTs skip from 21 to 23?

I know there must be a legit reason, at the beginning of OT23 there are people asking for the title to be changed to "the right number," so it must have said OT22 to begin with. But the final post in OT21 links you to the current one which is OT23. Wha?
It's because OT21 was named something different, Halo |Anniversary| or something. So when the next thread was made, the OP made a mistake in numbering it 21.

While the destiny threads are catching up, and they certainly move a lot faster than the current halo threads, the actual actual number of threads isn't as close as you think. The current numbered halo community threads started sometime during Reach's lifetime, I don't remember when. As far as I know, there are plenty more before that for Reach, Halo 3, and starting with Halo 2. And many of these were before the 20,000 post limit per OT was imposed. So there are some real mega-threads.

You'd be better off going into the Halo OT and asking there, though, as someone who actually knows about this can give you some full, accurate information as to how many community threads there have been. Ghaleon in here may even know.

The destiny threads will surely pass that number eventually, but not as soon as it seems.

Messiek

After months of not getting my Gjallarhorn I started to think the same way... After I got my Gjallarhorn I changed my mind.
Ghorn doesn't have a hype train, it's the hype itself. It's a GOD weapon, all exotics are nothing now.

EL CUCO

Tracking and Wolfpack rounds. Trust us...the hypehorn is real.

Also, Wolfpacks track enemies as well. Cluster bombs are very inconsistent.

Jinjo

All these IB trains starting just when I'm about to head to the gym. Man. It's Destiny gains versus real life gains all over again....

These trains better still be going when I get back.

I'm still on the Icebreaker hype train but that's because I only got it on Monday. I'll tell you what gun has taken me by surprise, Multitool. It's so much fun to play with and that's before I've unlocked any of the perks it seems to go well with my Gunslinging Hunter.

Yep, damage isn't the greatest, but you move so fast. The agility upgrade + Multi-Tool makes you run almost as fast as sprint without the gun.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I made a post just yesterday saying how it's the game's best scout rifle and severely underrated. I use it often.

Ryck

If anyone with a Gorgon checkpoint on hard would be so kind as to hook it up I would be ever so grateful.

Ps4: Ryck007

Ditto to what everyone else said.

It is the DPS king, and there isn't a close second. It is so OP, that it will still out DPS every arc and void weapon with their burn modifier active. Whenever there is a Solar burn. RIP strike boss. Sub 5 minutes is not unrealistic.

coy

I maxed out my arc Longbow Synthesis for this week's Nightfall...

Holy shit. That thing is all impact.

Got to the Devil Walker and used two rockets from my arc Valedictorian, which broke a leg and brought him down. Switched to my Longbow to hit its weakpoint...killed it before it even got up once. That thing is bananas. Whole encounter took less than 30 seconds.

I have those two weapons as well and maxed them both for NF. I used Thunderlord as my exotic but would switch to Valedictorian when I wanted to hit hard. As for Longbow, it is quickly becoming my go-to sniper when Black Hammer is not feasible. Arc burn is so much funner these days.

Also, my Valedictorian has proximity detonation so it is a monster in PvP. Another reason I maxed it was for IB where it did quite well.

Tracking and Wolfpack rounds. Trust us...the hypehorn is real.

Also, Wolfpacks track enemies as well. Cluster bombs are very inconsistent.

Ha bro I just don't know if I want to praise the Ballerhorn just yet. To me it only seems good for dealing with end strike/raid bosses. People talk about it as if they always run around with it but I think it is similar to IB. I normally run around with Hawkmoon since I use my primary weapon the most. But if I'm in a situation where I need high hitting unlimited shots for an enemy that moves around a lot I would switch to IB. So I imagine I would do the same if I ever get blessed with Ballerhorn. Only when I want to take down a boss fast would I pop it on and use it, run out of ammo and then switch back to Hawkmoon.

Top Bottom