• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

LiK

Do what I do with my better half. We had a talk and I told her, Tuesday is forever known as "Destiny Tuesday". Every other day of my life is hers. Except Tuesday. Last week she wanted to do something on a Tuesday and my only reply was "What day is today?" She replied, "Right, right. I forgot. Destiny Tuesday. Okay, then tomorrow." Have set aside designated play times helps a lot.

That said, she is traveling for work for the next 2 weeks... sweet. I mean, that sucks, will miss her, etc etc :p

That's good. Sometimes I wonder why some dudes here can't play without their SO hassling them. Negotiate play times.

noomi

At this point I don't want Xur to have Ghorn, I'd rather get it from a drop now that I've waited 4 months to get it. Plus, PVE would be so ridiculously boring if every single person had one.

There is definitely a good feeling with getting an exotic through a drop/reward rather than getting it through Xur. You feel like you've "earned" it :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Regarding your earlier question, here is the answer I got from a poster I know who is a regular over at Halo GAF:
It was in between 19 and 20! CHECK YOUR FACTS HALOGAF >:{

;P
At this point I don't want Xur to have Ghorn, I'd rather get it from a drop now that I've waited 4 months to get it. Plus, PVE would be so ridiculously boring if every single person had one.
soooo boring

-____-

hydruxo

There is definitely a good feeling with getting an exotic through a drop/reward rather than getting it through Xur. You feel like you've "earned" it :)

Yep! Don't get me wrong, I'd be stoked to buy one from Xur but nothing beats getting an exotic from a drop that you've been waiting to get.

Hoodbury

Every time someone posts about getting a Gjallarhorn, a little bit of me dies inside tbh

I like to look at the positive of not having the horn. When Xur has heavy synths on sale, all the Ghorn owners spend like crazy to get them. Ghorn users are always complaining about ammo drops, about being broke due to buying ammo synths, having to wait for the synth cooldown, etc.

When Xur sold the heavy synths and everyone was posting they are stocking up, I was like oh I better do that too. I bought 40 of them and haven't used one yet.

I have my Icebreaker maxed and will gladly do boomer duty for free. :)

Plus, I have never had to "farm for glimmer" in my Destiny career.

I won't even raid with anyone if they don't have a ghorn. Before a raid starts, I make everyone equip it so that I know we are operating at maximum effectiveness.

Ha

I love the LFG posts that demand 31+, max IB/Horn, yet they are 30 and don't have the weapon themselves.

I dont think you have to worry, dont think Xur will ever have it again.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yep! Don't get me wrong, I'd be stoked to buy one from Xur but nothing beats getting an exotic from a drop that you've been waiting to get.
well, I definitely agree with that. sometimes I feel like I'm gonna log in and the whole "since Hawkmoon" thing was a dream and my character is still back at level 27 with a primary purple engram in my inventory that turns into 2 energy.
No, I'm totally serious.

Also, whenever someone posts that they don't have a ghorn in this thread, I put them on ignore. Pretty sure their posts are going to be substandard anyway.
Well, I do that too. It's just good sense.

Don't let Xur kill your gjallarhorn drop moment. He killed my TLW drop moment :-/

It's why we play right? You play and play hoping for a certain drop. The more specific the drop the harder it is to attain. This is how it's supposed to be.

LiK

No, I'm totally serious.

Also, whenever someone posts that they don't have a ghorn in this thread, I put them on ignore. Pretty sure their posts are going to be substandard anyway.

lol

I think two maxed Ballerhorns are more than enough to take him down each time. Everyone else can keep an eye out on those boomer Knights.

noomi

Anyone else not using the icebreaker after receiving the black hammer?

I used to have my icebreaker equipped always, it was my go to exotic. Black Hammer even with the small ammo reserve it is still hella fun and useful. Strikes with the black hammer are just pure awesomeness.

LiK

I used to have my icebreaker equipped always, it was my go to exotic. Black Hammer even with the small ammo reserve it is still hella fun and useful. Strikes with the black hammer are just pure awesomeness.

Ice Breaker still the best weapon for NF

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
lol

I think two maxed Ballerhorns are more than enough to take him down each time. Everyone else can keep an eye out on those boomer Knights.

Yeah it's always overkill on the shield these days, especially if people are level 32. Shield goes down immediately.

Coconut

Banned

I still use my IceB the black hammer is ugly. Once I level the PandT I'll use that as my primary sniper.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Atheon bugs today

1. Relic holder jumping into the oblivion when they looked like they made the jump.

2. Teleporting 2 people and in another case teleporting dead people.

3. Enemies pretending they are neo dodging bullets.

4. Relic shield going away immediately.

5. Suppression field staying.

6. Big guy teleporting to relic area and bum rushing before relic was picked up.

*Icebreaker is always used to refill ammo. Black Hammer is great for non-mobile oppoents. Like the tank in Taurus raid and Fallen Walker. Atheon too if he stays still. Did close to 100k damage on him in one time's vengeance with it.

hydruxo

I still use Ice Breaker alot, it's always nice to not have to worry about ammo. I'll pull out Black Hammer for strike bosses though.

IB is still a special utility weapon for a lot of situations, but BH being a Legendary makes it the king.

Messiek

I abandoned my icebreaker the day I was blessed with a Hollahorn.
When Crota decide to give me a Black Hammer , it will be my go to sniper.

ethomaz

Banned
Ice Breaker have no use if you are a Ghorn user... I stop to use it for VoG choosing Praedyth's Revenge instead Ice Breaker.

Now I'm looking for Black Hammer.

Ghorn is the only Exotic I use in PVE.

Anyone looking to do a Hard VOG?
If you make a group I down for it.

I have not sniffed a Gallahorn nor a Suros Regime in 4 months.

But I get all raid gear in my first 3 play throughs. I guess I have good luck with gear horrific with weapons. I just got Vex this last weekend after VOG every week since the game came out.

I don't understand how I ran out of class mats on my main. I used to have tons.

I have been feeding all my engrams to alts for over a month, but still.

But I get all raid gear in my first 3 play throughs. I guess I have good luck with gear horrific with weapons. I just got Vex this last weekend after VOG every week since the game came out.

Same here. I got all my VoG gear in like 6 runs. All my CE gear in 4. Many top tier weapons, both exotic and raid, elude me.

E92 M3

Well, to be fair, the Suros was sold two or three times.

I don't understand how I ran out of class mats on my main. I used to have tons.

I have been feeding all my engrams to alts for over a month, but still.

Oh man, that would be an odd feeling.

noomi

Ice Breaker still the best weapon for NF

I would use Icebreaker mostly when soloing nightfalls/weeklies, but ever since Bungie made it more difficult to solo I really haven't given it as much love.

I still use Ice Breaker alot, it's always nice to not have to worry about ammo. I'll pull out Black Hammer for strike bosses though.

The ammo regen is very nice, I just wish it was a bit faster. I feel like Bungie made ammo regen a bit slower since the exotic update :(

I abandoned my icebreaker the day I was blessed with a Hollahorn.
When Crota decide to give me a Black Hammer , it will be my go to sniper.

Same here man, and the Black Hammer + YOLOhorn combo is great. Hope you get it next week bud.

Top Bottom