• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Namikaze1

it's Sir Gjallarhorn. show some respect, goddamnit.
I wish I had enough people in that clan to make that my PS clan. That clan tag lives on by 3 Xbox players. I was the last of the PS players.

Eh, I could join anytime since I was the one who created it. :p

Dazzler

stupid question alert: If you only have one character, you should only run each raid once a week, right?

Or do you still get chests after your first raid?

And you get a Hawkmoon! And you get a Hawkmoon! And you get a Hawkmoon!
Seriously what's with everyone getting one lately?

Not me though. Never me.

hdW2w.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Here we go! This week's Newbie Raid (our first for CE) actually filled up completely before making this post, which is a DGAF first. o_o
However, please do note the times and if you're available feel free to reply to be put down as an alt for tonight's/tomorrow's raids, and the Sunday Sword School roster which is completely open.

No clinic hours this week as I'm busy Fri. night and will be setting up Iron Banner groups lots of the rest of the weekend.

Wednesday, 9:00PM EST - Static CE Raid

My hardy raid group, kicking ass every week and blazing through CE legit as of our last attempt- mm-mm good. I think we're all here this week, but feel free to ask for an alt slot as you never know when we might need one last-minute. For these we'd want relatively experienced people.

1. NarcissisticJay
2. Palom12
3. Squall ASF
4. Union Carbine
5. wins1991
6. Hawkian

ALTS: schwagger15

Thursday, 9:00PM EST - Hawkian's Hellmouthful of Awesome Inaugural Crota's End Newbie Raid

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. This will be our first one ever for CE, so please bear with me! Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Minimum level to attend is 30.

Roster:
1. KanameYuuki
2. kamicowzi
3. Hawkian
4. Dave_6
5. M3Rocket
6. NatCat_49

ALTS: xxx shiv xxx, Shokleeto

Next week: Vault of Glass, minimum level 26

Sunday, 8:00PM EST - Sunday Slice-n'-Dice Sword School

Our first class last weekend went swimmingly! Everyone got their hands on the sword multiple times, and we pulled off what will hopefully be the first "classroom kill" of many- got Crota down on a round where we were still taking turns with the sword.

Minimum level is 31.

What we do here is set up an order of sword rotation. We'll load into the Crota CP, start with some tips and drills, and then pop the fight off, let our first participant get in a round of damage to Crota, then the second round, the second person on the list grabs the sword. Then we'll wipe (before the Ogres), and move to the next. Everyone in the fireteam will get a chance to actually do damage with the sword.

Once everyone has had a clean round, we'll move on to the exam. ;) We'll make serious attempts at getting the kill, while still following the rotation with a different player taking the sword for each round of damage, until he dies or we wipe. I'm willing to continue going for the classroom kill as long as the rest of the group is, but if our group is really struggling (and people are running out of time/actually need the kill for the night) I can run it with my Hunter to finish the session.

Sword School utilizes the left side strategy for Crota- please have at least a basic understanding of it before joining. I'll take care of Knights so the rest of the group can focus on the sword.

Roster:
1. Hawkian
2. ocean
3. kreepmode
4. squidhands
5. Dark1421
6. Pyretramp

As usual, most or all of these activities will be streamed at www.twitch.tv/thehawkian

LordofPwn

LOL, all these names for the Gjallarhorn.

Hypehorn
Hollahorn
Ballerhorn
Cheesehorn
YOLOhorn

BTW, so happy I finally unlocked the Wolfpack rounds perk the other day. Beast mode engaged!

Forgot the best 1, "GODHORN"
Also there are the "Horny!" and "Horn-Nots!"

You forgot Überhorn.

It's what some called the 331 Gjallarhorn version.

There's Gjally also.

And then there's God Killer, my nickname for it.

Anyway, who the heck calls it the Horn-Nots?!

Sarah Michelle Gellarhorn

it's Sir Gjallarhorn. show some respect, goddamnit.

Official Gjallarhorn Lexicon:

Hypehorn
G-Horn
G-Thang
Ballerhorn
Überhorn
Sarah Michelle gellarhorn
Jelly Horn
Jello Horn
Tha Horn
Horn
Gjallarback Girl
Jaeger Horn
Gally
Horny
God Horn
God Killer
Cheese Horn
Golden Ticket
Yolo Horn
Sir Gjallarhorn
Jesus Horn
Admiral Gjallarback
Bjallarhorn
Gjallagod
Gjalladoge
DPS
Easy Mode
GOD MODE!
Horn O' Plenty

Old Gjaller*

Has anyone gotten a fucking IB weapon to drop for them ?!?! I'm rank 3.25 and rank 1.5 on two characters, haven't seen a single damn drop, blargh.

Regardless, it's been lots of fun, gg everybody! I'll be back for more later.

stupid question alert: If you only have one character, you should only run each raid once a week, right?

Or do you still get chests after your first raid?

You get the raid drops once per character per week, yes.

If you do hard VoG first you get all the normal and hard drops in that one run, otherwise you can do normal then hard and get drops each time (nobody really does this anymore). Crota's End has only the one drops each week for normal mode.

Mindlog

Hypehorn
G-Horn
G-Thang
Ballerhorn
Überhorn
Jelly Horn
Jello Horn
Tha Horn
Horn
Gjallarback Girl
Jaeger Horn
Gally
Horny
God Horn
God Killer
Cheese Horn
Golden Ticket
Yolo Horn
Sir Gjallarhorn
Jesus Horn
Admiral Gjallarback
Also its most common name: DPS

Hypehorn
G-Horn
G-Thang
Ballerhorn
Überhorn
Jelly Horn
Jello Horn
Tha Horn
Horn
Gjallarback Girl
Jaeger Horn
Gally
Horny
God Horn
God Killer
Cheese Horn
Golden Ticket
Yolo Horn
Sir Gjallarhorn
Jesus Horn
Admiral Gjallarback

Forgot Gjallagod

Sullichin

Anyone else not using the icebreaker after receiving the black hammer?

I used to have my icebreaker equipped always, it was my go to exotic. Black Hammer even with the small ammo reserve it is still hella fun and useful. Strikes with the black hammer are just pure awesomeness.
I don't use Icebreaker since I got Efrideet's Spear with unflinching and field scout. I pretty much have it to replenish ammo since Efrideet's has better impact, same as black hammer I believe. It's my choice for stunlocking strike bosses since I don't have black hammer.

raindoc

My personal Sir Gjallarhorn is called Barbara.

I don't use Icebreaker since I got Efrideet's Spear with unflinching and field scout. I pretty much have it to replenish ammo since Efrideet's has better impact, same as black hammer I believe. It's my choice for stunlocking strike bosses since I don't have black hammer.

Haven't used IB since i got Black Hammer. Wouldn't have believed this a couple of months ago, but there are alternatives.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
When I get one, some day, eventually, we can add Ghallahorn.

I kept thiniking you're the same Ghaleon who use to run Season's beatings.

If anybody needs a person for CE later on I'll join. Also will run Atheon two more times if any group is around.

Got Mida Multi-Tool and a second Gjallahorn from 2/3 Nightfalls. Haven't decided whether I just want to attach the extra Gjalla to an alt or to level it and get the two shards.

Can't wait to level the MMT up to that second perk. It's gonna be fun.

milkham

My personal Sir Gjallarhorn is called Barbara.

Haven't used IB since i got Black Hammer. Wouldn't have believed this a couple of months ago, but there are alternatives.

i played with a guy who had names for the individual rockets, he'd call out LUCILLE! when firing the first one, i dont remember the other names

Had a pretty awesome Raid this week for my Warlock

Abyss - Energy
Bridge - Boots
Ir Yut - Energy
Crota - Helmet

Bonus -
Crota gave me a 2nd Gjallerhorn.

ocean

Banned
Here we go! This week's Newbie Raid (our first for CE) actually filled up completely before making this post, which is a DGAF first. o_o
However, please do note the times and if you're available feel free to reply to be put down as an alt for tonight's/tomorrow's raids, and the Sunday Sword School roster which is completely open.

No clinic hours this week as I'm busy Fri. night and will be setting up Iron Banner groups lots of the rest of the weekend.

Wednesday, 9:00PM EST - Static CE Raid

My hardy raid group, kicking ass every week and blazing through CE legit as of our last attempt- mm-mm good. I think we're all here this week, but feel free to ask for an alt slot as you never know when we might need one last-minute. For these we'd want relatively experienced people.

1. NarcissisticJay
2. Palom12
3. Squall ASF
4. Union Carbine
5. wins1991
6. Hawkian

ALTS:

Thursday, 9:00PM EST - Hawkian's Hellmouthful of Awesome Inaugural Crota's End Newbie Raid

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. This will be our first one ever for CE, so please bear with me! Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Minimum level to attend is 30.

Roster:
1. KanameYuuki
2. kamicowzi
3. Hawkian
4. Dave_6
5. M3Rocket
6. NatCat_49

ALTS: xxx shiv xxx

Next week: Vault of Glass, minimum level 26

Sunday, 8:00PM EST - Sunday Slice-n'-Dice Sword School

Our first class last weekend went swimmingly! Everyone got their hands on the sword multiple times, and we pulled off what will hopefully be the first "classroom kill" of many- got Crota down on a round where we were still taking turns with the sword.

Minimum level is 31.

What we do here is set up an order of sword rotation. We'll load into the Crota CP, start with some tips and drills, and then pop the fight off, let our first participant get in a round of damage to Crota, then the second round, the second person on the list grabs the sword. Then we'll wipe (before the Ogres), and move to the next. Everyone in the fireteam will get a chance to actually do damage with the sword.

Once everyone has had a clean round, we'll move on to the exam. ;) We'll make serious attempts at getting the kill, while still following the rotation with a different player taking the sword for each round of damage, until he dies or we wipe. I'm willing to continue going for the classroom kill as long as the rest of the group is, but if our group is really struggling (and people are running out of time/actually need the kill for the night) I can run it with my Hunter to finish the session.

Sword School utilizes the left side strategy for Crota- please have at least a basic understanding of it before joining. I'll take care of Knights so the rest of the group can focus on the sword.

Roster:
1. Hawkian
2. OPEN
3. OPEN
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

As usual, most or all of these activities will be streamed at www.twitch.tv/thehawkian
I'd like to sign up for the Sunday Sqord school if it's avalable. I might be 32 by then but I'd have to get lucky with Radiant shards with my two remaining CE runs for the week.

As for next week's VoG, my little brother is dying to go and I'll make sure to have him at 26 by then (he's 25 already). Saving two spots for us both would be ideal but if not I'd totally trust him to join you guys by himself. He understands English pretty well and he speaks it too though definitely as a second language.

Let me know! This is such a cool service you give our community man, serious props out to you.

Top Bottom