• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Wow IB really does work the way it's supposed to? A lvl 21 Bladedancer had to hit me 3 times to kill me just now.

Never mind why he was able to hit me that much. >_>

dB Viper

At least you can roll for it with motes (some weeks).

That's what I did when he was selling the helm engram a few weeks back. Bought 1 and turned into the Obsidian Mind. :D

First time I've ever gotten a Warlock helm gambling. It's always been Hunter or Titan which I never needed...

EL CUCO

Hunger of Crota is a beautiful launcher. You should try to get that one.
Definitely. HOC is awesome. On one of our CE runs last night I never even had to bring out the Horn. Handled Wizards, Shriekers, and Deathlipsyncer just fine. Ghorn was freaking overkill, IMO.

Interesting, I think you must mean 20- but thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

OT19 looks like it linked to HaloGAF |OT:Anniversary| which then links to Halo |OT20|. So they were behind an OT number for 20 and 21, and they skipped 22 altogether to get back on track.

As far as the rest of what you posted... we don't really have to get into it, but just examining the two active OT communities (the ones still currently iterating) really is the most fair and equitable comparison I was able to come up with after quite a bit of research. After all, in theory a direct comparison between the two isn't adequate (skewed against Destiny) just because the Halo ones span multiple games, while what we are in now is the 15th Destiny (1) OT. It's fascinating to me and blows my mind that they're anywhere close to one another, but not an actually "fair" comparison anyway. It'd be considerably less legitimate a comparison to add up every individual game's OT's on top of the current ones and call that Halo OT# vs. Destiny's OT15. Meanwhile (though I can't find Halo 3's for whatever forum-related reason), Reach itself had 7 OTs, Halo 4 had 2, Master Chief Collection still on its 2nd. So making a direct individual game-to-game comparison just wasn't that interesting.

I don't want to mislead anyone at all or try to fudge numbers. If you were to add up every "any-Halo-game"-themed thread there would be WAAAAAAAAAAY, way more threads than 15, and it's pretty fair to imagine that Destiny may never catch up in that sense. Just pointing out why I originally looked at the two active subcommunities to compare, since nothing else comes close.
Looks like they scrubbed history past 2013. :-(

The Halo 3 OT was one huuuuuuuuuuuuuge ass thread, like from release to ODST.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Definitely. HOC is awesome. On one of our CE runs last night I never even had to bring out the Horn. Handled Wizards, Shriekers, and Deathlipsyncer just fine. Ghorn was freaking overkill, IMO.

You can never have enough Overkill!

Deku Tree

I do man were getting married.

Following up on what I said before, just for clarity, and thank you guys for the affirmations.

I heard someone say once: "How you get them is how you keep them."

So if you date, spend time, go out, read together, watch shows together, talk about things - once you get married and you change negatively - those things above start dropping off? Trouble is brewing.

I used to think "Oh well I'm sitting in the living room, she's watching CSI, I'm playing Battlefield. We're together." Yeah. No. Please learn from my mistakes.

When you hear "I didn't marry you to look at the back of your head" you're doing it wrong.

There's a saying "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." Not true. Absence makes the heart look elsewhere.

Be very very careful. Please. Your wife will take care of you, your kids, your home, as you grow old together. Us gamer goofballs will move on when the new hotness comes out. Don't let that be your marriage. Water it, cultivate it, and take care of it and it will blossom.

[/end of divorced dad PSA advice rant]

Listen to this man IMO. Gotta take care of your wife and your family first. Destiny is just a game, a source of entertainment, a relief from the stress of daily life, whatever it is to you it can never be a true replacement for the real life pleasures of love and family.

ethomaz

Banned
Guys I'm running out of space in vault... so I need some help to know which Legendary are worth of hold:

Doctor Nope
Red Hand IX
Strange Suspect
Bad Seed Down
Timur's Lash
Super Pox VLO
Unfriendly Giant
Admonisher III
Unwilling Soul-09
Shadow Price
Venation III
Grim Citizen III
The Devil You Know
The Comedian
Broken Truth-LR1
Purifier III
Exodus Plan RS/1
The Culling

I will hold the Raid Weapons and the 331 version.

raindoc

all that Halo OT confusion... we can do better, DestinyGAF!

next thread's going to be:

Destiny |OT 16753| RNG, RNG everywhere!

Dave_6

LOL, all these names for the Gjallarhorn.

Hypehorn
Hollahorn
Ballerhorn
Cheesehorn
YOLOhorn

BTW, so happy I finally unlocked the Wolfpack rounds perk the other day. Beast mode engaged!

Namikaze1

Hypehorn
Hollahorn
Ballerhorn
Cheesehorn
YOLOhorn

BTW, so happy I finally unlocked the Wolfpack rounds perk the other day. Beast mode engaged!
You forgot Überhorn.

It's what some called the 331 Gjallarhorn version.

Guys I'm running out of space in vault... so I need some help to know which Legendary are worth of hold:

Doctor Nope
Red Hand IX
Strange Suspect
Bad Seed Down
Timur's Lash
Super Pox VLO
Unfriendly Giant
Admonisher III
Unwilling Soul-09
Shadow Price
Venation III
Grim Citizen III
The Devil You Know
The Comedian
Broken Truth-LR1
Purifier III
Exodus Plan RS/1
The Culling

worlds_smallest_violin_poster_by_dr_j33-d32tvet.jpg

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

Hypehorn
Hollahorn
Ballerhorn
Cheesehorn
YOLOhorn

Forgot the best 1, "GODHORN"
Also there are the "Horny!" and "Horn-Nots!"

milkham

Doctor Nope
Red Hand IX
Strange Suspect
Bad Seed Down
Timur's Lash
Super Pox VLO
Unfriendly Giant
Admonisher III
Unwilling Soul-09
Shadow Price
Venation III
Grim Citizen III
The Devil You Know
The Comedian
Broken Truth-LR1
Purifier III
Exodus Plan RS/1
The Culling

i'd dump doctor nope, unwilling soul, any of the pulse rifles, and choose between grim citizen and shadow price for which you like better, should probably dump any old launchers for new versions as well

Stupid question maybe... but what REALLY is so good about Gjallarhorn? I have a Hezen Vengeance and it kills most people dead.. and my Super Good Advice also tears pretty much everything to pieces and makes quick work of bosses..

I usually prefer Legendaries in the Heavy slot because I have so many Primary/Special exotics that I like using.. Suros, Mythoclast, Icebreaker, Patience and Time, The Last Word etc.. is Ghorn really so much better than those guns, which have all had similar hype-trains?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgosj_XrxxM

Taking down Gorgons with Gjallarhorns

#forevernothunderlord
#forevernohawkmoon

I know. I know. First world problems. Still resent all you bastards who recieve them though.

Congrats TP-DK

phen0m24

Thanks Doc and Deku.

Looking into my sons' eyes everyday knowing they will bear these scars with me forever KILLS me on the inside. When someone starts telling me they're giving up or they don't care or what not I'll move heaven and earth to get them to look at their situation from another (often their spouse's or kids') perspective. Almost like my calling now.

wish I had

Hawkmoon and Thunderlord, which are like the only 2 exotics I don't have yet. Xur can sell one of those, but its starting to look like Hard Light, Remote and Thunderlord will never enter.

I'll bet on another Plan C friday.

Need both of those too. The nicest weapon I've gotten so far has got to be Fatebringer and VOC. I need to start running the new raid too.

Top Bottom