• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

I call mine HornO'Plenty
(the other sits in the vault, unupgraded, waiting for HoW LOL)

and why I have 160 heavy packs in the vault

Now listen here CreamedO'Corn... I am the one that came up with HornO'Plenty (
maybe
)... this is now the second time I'll have to call my attorney today.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'd like to sign up for the Sunday Sqord school if it's avalable. I might be 32 by then but I'd have to get lucky with Radiant shards with my two remaining CE runs for the week.
You're in!

Remember if you get dupe armor drops you can dismantle them (or the originals if the new ones have better rolls) and give the shards to your other character as well. Also, if you're taking part in IB the Gloves can save on radiant shards significantly.
As for next week's VoG, my little brother is dying to go and I'll make sure to have him at 26 by then (he's 25 already). Saving two spots for us both would be ideal but if not I'd totally trust him to join you guys by himself. He understands English pretty well and he speaks it too though definitely as a second language.
That's no problem at all, though with a little bit of a language barrier he'd definitely want to get to 26 first. Shoot me a PM and I'll reserve you the spots?
Let me know! This is such a cool service you give our community man, serious props out to you.
thanks a bunch :)

Sh0k

Here we go! This week's Newbie Raid (our first for CE) actually filled up completely before making this post, which is a DGAF first. o_o
However, please do note the times and if you're available feel free to reply to be put down as an alt for tonight's/tomorrow's raids, and the Sunday Sword School roster which is completely open.

No clinic hours this week as I'm busy Fri. night and will be setting up Iron Banner groups lots of the rest of the weekend.

Wednesday, 9:00PM EST - Static CE Raid

My hardy raid group, kicking ass every week and blazing through CE legit as of our last attempt- mm-mm good. I think we're all here this week, but feel free to ask for an alt slot as you never know when we might need one last-minute. For these we'd want relatively experienced people.

1. NarcissisticJay
2. Palom12
3. Squall ASF
4. Union Carbine
5. wins1991
6. Hawkian

ALTS:

Thursday, 9:00PM EST - Hawkian's Hellmouthful of Awesome Inaugural Crota's End Newbie Raid

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. This will be our first one ever for CE, so please bear with me! Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Minimum level to attend is 30.

Roster:
1. KanameYuuki
2. kamicowzi
3. Hawkian
4. Dave_6
5. M3Rocket
6. NatCat_49

ALTS: xxx shiv xxx

Next week: Vault of Glass, minimum level 26

Sunday, 8:00PM EST - Sunday Slice-n'-Dice Sword School

Our first class last weekend went swimmingly! Everyone got their hands on the sword multiple times, and we pulled off what will hopefully be the first "classroom kill" of many- got Crota down on a round where we were still taking turns with the sword.

Minimum level is 31.

What we do here is set up an order of sword rotation. We'll load into the Crota CP, start with some tips and drills, and then pop the fight off, let our first participant get in a round of damage to Crota, then the second round, the second person on the list grabs the sword. Then we'll wipe (before the Ogres), and move to the next. Everyone in the fireteam will get a chance to actually do damage with the sword.

Once everyone has had a clean round, we'll move on to the exam. ;) We'll make serious attempts at getting the kill, while still following the rotation with a different player taking the sword for each round of damage, until he dies or we wipe. I'm willing to continue going for the classroom kill as long as the rest of the group is, but if our group is really struggling (and people are running out of time/actually need the kill for the night) I can run it with my Hunter to finish the session.

Sword School utilizes the left side strategy for Crota- please have at least a basic understanding of it before joining. I'll take care of Knights so the rest of the group can focus on the sword.

Roster:
1. Hawkian
2. OPEN
3. OPEN
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

As usual, most or all of these activities will be streamed at www.twitch.tv/thehawkian

Can you please add me as an ALT for Thursday Night Crota newbie raid ... PSN Shokleeto.

Thanks !

Who wants toast?
D0QRzzU.jpg

GlamFM

Banned
Guys, I'm sitting in orbit and wanna do something.

Somebody wanna do something?

Daily heroic
Vog hard.
Weekly heroic

cilonen

Is the vault generally considered safe storage these days?

There were reports on reddit back in October of a couple of people losing their entire stash, but not heard anything since. Has that been definitely fixed? Anyone had any issues recently?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Can you please add me as an ALT for Thursday Night Crota newbie raid ... PSN Shokleeto.

Thanks !
You got it! Sorry this one filled up so fast.

There were reports on reddit back in October of a couple of people losing their entire stash, but not heard anything since. Has that been definitely fixed? Anyone had any issues recently?
I don't know, I never changed my Vault behavior whatsoever and I simply can't accomodate the idea of that happening in my play habits. It was never a confirmed reproducible bug, to my knowledge. If I lose everything in my vault I'd likely just quit and that would be that. I've never not considered it completely safe storage.

ocean

Banned
You're in!

Remember if you get dupe armor drops you can dismantle them (or the originals if the new ones have better rolls) and give the shards to your other character as well. Also, if you're taking part in IB the Gloves can save on radiant shards significantly.

That's no problem at all, though with a little bit of a language barrier he'd definitely want to get to 26 first. Shoot me a PM and I'll reserve you the spots?

thanks a bunch :)
Thanks a million, I'll PM you with details later in the week. As for IB gloves, I already maxed my Raid Gauntlets. I'm only missing two bubbles on my Helmet and I only have a single Radiant Shard :p I'd need to get 13 Shards between my Titan and Warlock (excluding Crota cause I already did it on both) so it's a bit of a long shot.

Never done sword but it looks so fun!

Official Gjallarhorn Lexicon:

Hypehorn
G-Horn
G-Thang
Ballerhorn
Überhorn
Sarah Michelle gellarhorn
Jelly Horn
Jello Horn
Tha Horn
Horn
Gjallarback Girl
Jaeger Horn
Gally
Horny
God Horn
God Killer
Cheese Horn
Golden Ticket
Yolo Horn
Sir Gjallarhorn
Jesus Horn
Admiral Gjallarback
Bjallarhorn
Gjallagod
Gjalladoge
DPS
Easy Mode
GOD MODE!
Horn O' Plenty

Old Gjaller
:`(

TP-DK

So first Crota raid gives me Mida Multi Tool, second raid gives me Hawkmoon and the third gives me Gjallarhorn.

Thank you Rngesus.

Numpt3

Doing the Crota raid earlier and we didn't to get to the shrieker hallway chest quick enough.. upon which one guy completely lost his shit, cursed at everyone and rage quit. lol.

cilonen

I don't know, I never changed my Vault behavior whatsoever and I simply can't accomodate the idea of that happening in my play habits. It was never a confirmed reproducible bug, to my knowledge. If I lose everything in my vault I'd likely just quit and that would be that. I've never not considered it completely safe storage.

I think I'm the same regarding if it all disappeared. Good call though, I think I'm going to trust it a bit more.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Who the fuck am I kidding. The thirst is fucking real.
You poor dear. :p On this topic, I really ought to start advocating ya'll pick a day of the week to not play any Destiny. I think it's one of the things that keeps me from getting frustrated with the game in general, and it's an opportunity to play/progress in other games which are by and large getting neglected during most of my play sessions these days.
Thanks a million, I'll PM you with details later in the week. As for IB gloves, I already maxed my Raid Gauntlets. I'm only missing two bubbles on my Helmet and I only have a single Radiant Shard :p I'd need to get 13 Shards between my Titan and Warlock (excluding Crota cause I already did it on both) so it's a bit of a long shot.

Never done sword but it looks so fun!
It is! and going for the "classroom kill" is ridiculously fun to pull off. Last Sunday we were giving it "one last shot" before we were gonna just started doing it like normal to finish off the kill, and got him down on that attempt, with 3 people touching the sword. felt so cool.

realcZk

a little image i made as a tribute to fatebringer and its creator
with the release of the vault of glass, lead raid designer luke smith bestowed greatness on the destiny community

behold the fatebringer and its creator in all his glory

yu2Kh49.png

E92 M3

In one of the past updates Bungie has stated they have implemented more tracking for vault storage to prevent or alleviate sudden loss of items. Nonetheless, if I lost my vault I'd quit instantly and feel like an idiot lol.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's time for Hawk to just play IB and end the noob raids and classes.
:p hey I cut out an entire weekly help activity this week to provide for my IB time. Might even get a group going tonight; I have my Raid and I want to do a couple of Nightfalls but I expect both to go pretty darn quick.

LiK

with the release of the vault of glass, lead raid designer luke smith bestowed greatness on the destiny community

yu2Kh49.png

Luke's main gun is a Venation III tho.

yu2Kh49.png

I would probably give up gjallarhorn for a 331 Fatebringer

Me. Every. Day.

You poor dear. :p On this topic, I really ought to start advocating ya'll pick a day of the week to not play any Destiny. I think it's one of the things that keeps me from getting frustrated with the game in general, and it's an opportunity to play/progress in other games which are by and large getting neglected during most of my play sessions these days.

Hawk, this is an excellent idea. I hope I can practice this. I mean for fucks sake I have an XboxOne with MCC and Sunset Overdrive, both of which I've barely touched.

Coconut

Banned

yu2Kh49.png

What the fuck is this shit?

Sunday, 8:00PM EST - Sunday Slice-n'-Dice Sword School

Our first class last weekend went swimmingly! Everyone got their hands on the sword multiple times, and we pulled off what will hopefully be the first "classroom kill" of many- got Crota down on a round where we were still taking turns with the sword.

Minimum level is 31.

What we do here is set up an order of sword rotation. We'll load into the Crota CP, start with some tips and drills, and then pop the fight off, let our first participant get in a round of damage to Crota, then the second round, the second person on the list grabs the sword. Then we'll wipe (before the Ogres), and move to the next. Everyone in the fireteam will get a chance to actually do damage with the sword.

Once everyone has had a clean round, we'll move on to the exam. ;) We'll make serious attempts at getting the kill, while still following the rotation with a different player taking the sword for each round of damage, until he dies or we wipe. I'm willing to continue going for the classroom kill as long as the rest of the group is, but if our group is really struggling (and people are running out of time/actually need the kill for the night) I can run it with my Hunter to finish the session.

Sword School utilizes the left side strategy for Crota- please have at least a basic understanding of it before joining. I'll take care of Knights so the rest of the group can focus on the sword.

Roster:
1. Hawkian
2. ocean
3. kreepmode (Rollo Tomasi)
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

As usual, most or all of these activities will be streamed at www.twitch.tv/thehawkian

Sign me up for sword school!

kidko

yu2Kh49.png

hella creeped out rn

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawk, this is an excellent idea. I hope I can practice this. I mean for fucks sake I have an XboxOne with MCC and Sunset Overdrive, both of which I've barely touched.
Haha yeah just pick a day! For me it's Tuesday... probably not ideal for most of you guys. Hell some of you have every single weekly lockout activity completed by the first time I boot Destiny up post-reset, lmao. But Tuesdays are when GW2 content patches his and the best day for my friend to come over in the evenings for Smash/SM3D World (beat the first castle and got halfway through World 2 last night... feels just like when we used to play 64 together 15 years ago, so fucking fun).

yu2Kh49.png

I wish there was a like button...

cilonen

I'm convinced the player population is getting bigger rather than smaller.

Trying to run bounties, competition for the collect-a-thons and specific popular spots like the citadel or ember caves on Venus and the hive tunnel on earth pretty much always have someone farming them. I'm also getting more tower spam than ever. It's a Wednesday, this is supposed to be a quiet day.

Top Bottom