• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Tips on leveling up the iron banner guy? Obviously bounties but what else can I do? Does wearing his shaders and emblem help?
Yes, both, as well as the class item if you have it.

The biggest ones are the Nightfall buff (20%) and especially the Tempered buff, which you buy from him and lasts 12 hours- but gets more powerful the later on in the week it is. By Monday it's like freaking 100%+. Make sure you always have it active while doing any IB.

You guys doing Crota? I can bring one of two non-32 characters...

And what is this? byte got a Horn?

Grats!

and he already had an Ice Breaker? wow it is possible?

Nobody asked you to join.

And yes, he got a horn from the Gorgon CP last night.

And yes, I'm just kidding, feel free to join us. We're gonna start from the beginning and roll through it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Tips on leveling up the iron banner guy? Obviously bounties but what else can I do? Does wearing his shaders and emblem help?

Emblem, shader, class item and buff.

After looking at what IB offers this time I'm out. I have a dozen rocket launchers, just dismantled like three of them from recent activities alone and I already have the Timur and 331 Demise which isn't better than my calling.

Holy shit. That's nuts, must have been brushing 1000 pages if not beyond.
haha, not even close.

Here we go!
Next week: Vault of Glass, minimum level 26

Sunday, 8:00PM EST - Sunday Slice-n'-Dice Sword School

Our first class last weekend went swimmingly! Everyone got their hands on the sword multiple times, and we pulled off what will hopefully be the first "classroom kill" of many- got Crota down on a round where we were still taking turns with the sword.

Minimum level is 31.

What we do here is set up an order of sword rotation. We'll load into the Crota CP, start with some tips and drills, and then pop the fight off, let our first participant get in a round of damage to Crota, then the second round, the second person on the list grabs the sword. Then we'll wipe (before the Ogres), and move to the next. Everyone in the fireteam will get a chance to actually do damage with the sword.

Once everyone has had a clean round, we'll move on to the exam. ;) We'll make serious attempts at getting the kill, while still following the rotation with a different player taking the sword for each round of damage, until he dies or we wipe. I'm willing to continue going for the classroom kill as long as the rest of the group is, but if our group is really struggling (and people are running out of time/actually need the kill for the night) I can run it with my Hunter to finish the session.

Sword School utilizes the left side strategy for Crota- please have at least a basic understanding of it before joining. I'll take care of Knights so the rest of the group can focus on the sword.

Roster:
1. Hawkian
2. ocean
3. Rollo Tomasi
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

As usual, most or all of these activities will be streamed at www.twitch.tv/thehawkian
Put me down for an alt for Sword School if you need another. Too damned fun to miss out on.

And I definitely want in on the VoG raid next week. :)

Bladelaw

Class item, emblem, and shader all give you +10% each. The Tempered Buff gives you +15% today, then of course bounties and not losing. I can usually hit Rank 4 in 8 hours between saturday and sunday. Not sure if it's worth it this go around though.

wheres a picture of hawkian, he's next to get photoshopped

Found it:

image.php

noomi

Running ROC strikes for the next hour or so, lets get this train started!

PSN is noomi85 , holla atcha boi!

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I'm getting really annoyed by my connection quality saying its in the red when I have a good internet connection. Does anyone else get this?

gdt

I'm up to around 600 hours now since the week before the Suros was sold last. It's extremely crazy. I don't play other games now so the entirety of the falls games are sitting here neglected.

Butttt I'm feeling like I can start winding down. I'm only missing 4 exotic weapons and the Suros is my most needed out of those. All my characters are 32. I'll do hard raids every week and Nightfalls too but I think soon I can wind down until House of Wolves hits.

But I've probably said that before and I'll most likely stick around doing bounties and roc strikes everyday.

noomi

I'm up to around 600 hours now since the week before the Suros was sold last. It's extremely crazy. I don't play other games now so the entirety of the falls games are sitting here neglected.

Butttt I'm feeling like I can start winding down. I'm only missing 4 exotic weapons and the Suros is my most needed out of those. All my characters are 32. I'll do hard raids every week and Nightfalls too but I think soon I can wind down until House of Wolves hits.

But I've probably said that before and I'll most likely stick around doing bounties and roc strikes everyday.

The Hawkmoon has made you weak, get to grinding guardian!

phen0m24

Nobody asked you to join.

And yes, he got a horn from the Gorgon CP last night.

And yes, I'm just kidding, feel free to join us. We're gonna start from the beginning and roll through it.

Can be on around 9ish if you guys are on, I'll pop on to
mess up your flawless
aid in your victory

SeanR1221

Yes, both, as well as the class item if you have it.

The biggest ones are the Nightfall buff (20%) and especially the Tempered buff, which you buy from him and lasts 12 hours- but gets more powerful the later on in the week it is. By Monday it's like freaking 100%+. Make sure you always have it active while doing any IB.

Emblem, shader, class item and buff.

After looking at what IB offers this time I'm out. I have a dozen rocket launchers, just dismantled like three of them from recent activities alone and I already have the Timur and 331 Demise which isn't better than my calling.

Class item, emblem, and shader all give you +10% each. The Tempered Buff gives you +15% today, then of course bounties and not losing. I can usually hit Rank 4 in 8 hours between saturday and sunday. Not sure if it's worth it this go around though.

Thanks guys. This community is really helpful :)

So what's this buff? Is it that gold circle thing? Do I just use it from my inventory screen? Does it last 12 hours straight or 12 hours of play time?

Thanks guys. This community is really helpful :)

So what's this buff? Is it that gold circle thing? Do I just use it from my inventory screen? Does it last 12 hours straight or 12 hours of play time?

It activates as soon as you buy it so make sure you are ready to play. (edit: yes its the circle thing called a tempered buff that costs 1 mote of light)

12 hours of real time, then you can buy another as soon as it expires.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I actually pretty much quit Destiny for about a month or so before TDB came out. I would just sign on once a week for about 1 hour, run 3 nightfalls, then not touch the game until the following week. Once I complete hard mode once or twice, I'll probably do the same thing with TDB until HoW hits in March.

I actually pretty much quit Destiny for about a month or so before TDB came out. I would just sign on once a week for about 1 hour, run 3 nightfalls, then not touch the game until the following week. Once I complete hard mode once or twice, I'll probably do the same thing with TDB until HoW hits in March.

Most of the people I would play with daily are not playing as much anymore. Pretty much doing what you were doing

Most common reason is resetting some progress after a short period of time (3 months)

So what is the best way to farm black wax idols? I need two more for the embalming orb, but I also saw you need one for every rad rnergy you convert to rad shards (THA fuck).

Anyone trying to knock out HM Atheon 3x tonight around 9PM EST?

I don't have the checkpoint but I'm definitely down for knocking them out tonight.

LiK

Yeah I don't understand it. It says I'm in the green but then when it starts adding people the quality degrades.

I don't think it can handle full Fireteams a lot especially with people in different regions. Weird disconnects to Orbit from MM and also chat issues sometimes. Not surprised we get laggy matches as a result.

Namikaze1

Haven't seen them post today. Let's just two man it. lol
Fig was playing with me earlier for a few hours. She'll be back on later. Twilight is on a break for some reason. Math may not be on. Not sure yet. Todd doesn't get on till close to 6 pm est anyway.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

nowai

I don't think it can handle full Fireteams a lot especially with people in different regions. Weird disconnects to Orbit from MM and also chat issues sometimes. Not surprised we get laggy matches as a result.

If you are the host when you get the red bars, it most likely means either your upload isn't able to handle the increased bandwidth needs or your router is the culprit.

Do you have UPnP enabled? When you run a test to PSN, what's your NAT type?

edit:
Fml. The usual kill everything except the knight strategy?

I actually kill the knight straight away, because I don't like him constantly shooting me.

Kill all the thralls and two of the yellow bar acolytes, leaving one alive and then take a rocket to the knee.

Top Bottom