• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

LiK

I'm convinced the player population is getting bigger rather than smaller.

Trying to run bounties, competition for the collect-a-thons and specific popular spots like the citadel or ember caves on Venus and the hive tunnel on earth pretty much always have someone farming them. I'm also getting more tower spam than ever. It's a Wednesday, this is supposed to be a quiet day.

Run around as a 32 in Tower and instant friend requests.

coy

Wanted to peek in one last time before lunch is over...

yu2Kh49.png

Ahaahhahahhah! You've done God
horn
proud.

LordofPwn

2 more hours....I did take the day off yesterday so I shouldnt be complaining...
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...
im 38 hours into my work week already and 93 hours in without a day off.

a little image i made as a tribute to fatebringer and its creator
with the release of the vault of glass, lead raid designer luke smith bestowed greatness on the destiny community

behold the fatebringer and its creator in all his glory

falseidol.jpeg
repent! for RNGesus is the one true god!
really hope he makes this his twitter photo

spyder_ur

Here we go! This week's Newbie Raid (our first for CE) actually filled up completely before making this post, which is a DGAF first. o_o
However, please do note the times and if you're available feel free to reply to be put down as an alt for tonight's/tomorrow's raids, and the Sunday Sword School roster which is completely open.

No clinic hours this week as I'm busy Fri. night and will be setting up Iron Banner groups lots of the rest of the weekend.

Wednesday, 9:00PM EST - Static CE Raid

My hardy raid group, kicking ass every week and blazing through CE legit as of our last attempt- mm-mm good. I think we're all here this week, but feel free to ask for an alt slot as you never know when we might need one last-minute. For these we'd want relatively experienced people.

1. NarcissisticJay
2. Palom12
3. Squall ASF
4. Union Carbine
5. wins1991
6. Hawkian

ALTS:

Thursday, 9:00PM EST - Hawkian's Hellmouthful of Awesome Inaugural Crota's End Newbie Raid

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. This will be our first one ever for CE, so please bear with me! Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Minimum level to attend is 30.

Roster:
1. KanameYuuki
2. kamicowzi
3. Hawkian
4. Dave_6
5. M3Rocket
6. NatCat_49

ALTS: xxx shiv xxx, Shokleeto

Next week: Vault of Glass, minimum level 26

Sunday, 8:00PM EST - Sunday Slice-n'-Dice Sword School

Our first class last weekend went swimmingly! Everyone got their hands on the sword multiple times, and we pulled off what will hopefully be the first "classroom kill" of many- got Crota down on a round where we were still taking turns with the sword.

Minimum level is 31.

What we do here is set up an order of sword rotation. We'll load into the Crota CP, start with some tips and drills, and then pop the fight off, let our first participant get in a round of damage to Crota, then the second round, the second person on the list grabs the sword. Then we'll wipe (before the Ogres), and move to the next. Everyone in the fireteam will get a chance to actually do damage with the sword.

Once everyone has had a clean round, we'll move on to the exam. ;) We'll make serious attempts at getting the kill, while still following the rotation with a different player taking the sword for each round of damage, until he dies or we wipe. I'm willing to continue going for the classroom kill as long as the rest of the group is, but if our group is really struggling (and people are running out of time/actually need the kill for the night) I can run it with my Hunter to finish the session.

Sword School utilizes the left side strategy for Crota- please have at least a basic understanding of it before joining. I'll take care of Knights so the rest of the group can focus on the sword.

Roster:
1. Hawkian
2. ocean
3. Rollo Tomasi
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

As usual, most or all of these activities will be streamed at www.twitch.tv/thehawkian

Put me down as an alt for tonight in case someone doesn't make it, although I might keep my eye on other raids around that time. Also a maybe for sword school, but having got my first Crota swordbearer kill last night I am basically Crota's worst nightmare so he'd run away. Plus someone who has never touched it might benefit more.

Also, you're the man for continuing to do all these for newbies and veterans alike.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm convinced the player population is getting bigger rather than smaller.

Trying to run bounties, competition for the collect-a-thons and specific popular spots like the citadel or ember caves on Venus and the hive tunnel on earth pretty much always have someone farming them. I'm also getting more tower spam than ever. It's a Wednesday, this is supposed to be a quiet day.
:p I definitely caution you against drawing any conclusions about the overall player population based on experiences like this. Destiny does not use a typical MMO online infrastructure or anything close to it.

That said, check out the subscriber growth on the destiny subreddit for example, on a day like yesterday, compared to a subreddit like Minecraft (which is overall a much more active sub).
A80EoAi.jpg

Greenymac

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...
im 38 hours into my work week already and 93 hours in without a day off.

repent! for RNGesus is the one true god!
really hope he makes this his twitter photo

I feel like I work my 9-5 then do a 6-10 shift on destiny. Shits like a part time job with no benefits and no breaks.LOL

phen0m24

Hawkian I have a buddy from work and his friend who are both 29, one Hunter one Warlock who want to raid. They have run PvP with Fig, have NF'ed with me (hey, so I carried them, so what - they were 27 at the time) and want to get in the loop.

As soon as I can get confirmation from them (one was chicken until I told him Josh did it) I hope to possibly put them down for next Thursday's VoG?

PhillyUpp 29 Hunter
Pijin 29 Warlock

:p I definitely caution you against drawing any conclusions about the overall player population based on experiences like this. Destiny does not use a typical MMO online infrastructure or anything close to it.

That said, check out the subscriber growth on the destiny subreddit for example, on a day like yesterday, compared to a subreddit like Minecraft (which is overall a much more active sub).
A80EoAi.jpg

Why so much growth yesterday?

Um, so Xyor isn't spawning. I've done everything right and the only enemies that are spawning are a few wizards and yellow cursed thralls. And they only spawn if I go up to the doors on the top floor. Is this just broken for me?

Edit: Oh, googling has told me I need to be damaging Phogoth too. Bleh.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Put me down as an alt for tonight in case someone doesn't make it, although I might keep my eye on other raids around that time. Also a maybe for sword school, but having got my first Crota swordbearer kill last night I am basically Crota's worst nightmare so he'd run away. Plus someone who has never touched it might benefit more.

Also, you're the man for continuing to do all these for newbies and veterans alike.
Gotcha, I'll come to you first if we need somebody :D
Why so much growth yesterday?
No no, my point was yesterday wasn't an aberration.
O0CZTgR.png
p1oPPMp.png
ESMj0DF.png

it's just a really fucking popular game, lol

Um, so Xyor isn't spawning. I've done everything right and the only enemies that are spawning are a few wizards and yellow cursed thralls. And they only spawn if I go up to the doors on the top floor. Is this just broken for me?

When I did it I couldn't tell if it was from a certain amount of time that elapses, or if you have to take Phogoth's health down. IIRC it was the 3rd or 4th dropship when Xyor finally spawns in.

Yep, he has to be down to like 25%.

Bladelaw

Yep you need to beat up on Phogoth a bit too.

Is Phogoth around 25% health?

phen0m24

Want to eat a ton of beef jerky and some really salty potato chips tonight while we roll through the raid one more time? I'm convinced we can easily three man the whole thing flawlessly.

You guys doing Crota? I can bring one of two non-32 characters...

And what is this? byte got a Horn?

Grats!

and he already had an Ice Breaker? wow it is possible?

Top Bottom