• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Dave_6

Is it possible to take a 28 character through the Nightfall/weekly if I had two 30 or higher folks on my team? I'd really like to take my Titan through both tonight if possible.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Need 2 for Crota , preferably at least 1 32 for swordbearer. Our guy had to leave.

PSN: Ourobolus

I can help if you guys guide me as in tell me when he's down, etc. Plus we'll need someone to take care of the knights and of course get DPS going.

Is it possible to take a 28 character through the Nightfall/weekly if I had two 30 or higher folks on my team? I'd really like to take my Titan through both tonight if possible.

More than possible.

Deadstar

More like 45 minutes. I will be running it 3 times sometime before next tuesday. If you want you can join me. If you would like to do it sooner I'm sure there will be groups forming or you can just post here and people might be able to help out.

Cool, I may be interested. I've got two friends who want to do the raid so I'll need to see if they have other people with them that want in. If I can't get into one I'll definitely let you know.

image.php

hehehe, yeah, got it now. I took a quick read-through... yikes.

If this community ever devolves into that, I'm outtie.

Cool, I may be interested. I've got two friends who want to do the raid so I'll need to see if they have other people with them that want in. If I can't get into one I'll definitely let you know.

ok. Just PM me here. It's more reliable than PSN (I'm guessing you're on PS4)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Deadstar, you'll absolutely be able to succeed with a GAF group if you join up with Sword, just bear in mind that jumping directly into the Hard raid before knowing it at all may be a little jarring. Most pressingly, you can't be revived (at all). Just something to keep in mind!
hehehe, yeah, got it now. I took a quick read-through... yikes.

If this community ever devolves into that, I'm outtie.
i'll toss an extra parachute behind me for you, lol
Oh wow thanks! Now the setting that I changed on the computer affects the mobile site too...
HAWKIAN YOU BEAUTIFUL BASTARD
Oh my... 100ppp conversions.

Hey everyone. Looking to do 1-2 CE runs. PSN is greyblade. Sign up below!

1. MrAnderson(greyblade)
2. Freygar
3.kitaj84
4.ourobolus

Deadstar, you'll absolutely be able to succeed with a GAF group if you join up with Sword, just bear in mind that jumping directly into the Hard raid before knowing it at all may be a little jarring. Most pressingly, you can't be revived (at all). Just something to keep in mind!

i'll toss an extra parachute behind me for you, lol

That's true. Can he/she go through one of your newb raids first? Or are they full?

Great, I figured it would be plus I have maxed FB and P&T plus a decent Arc heavy and the Ballerhorn.

Yeah those are great arc weapons. Just be careful cause you will die very quickly. I was a 32 and those arc tracking shots from the captains/vandals are deadly

Yes, PS4. I'll pm you if I can need to join a group. Thanks!

There may be a space left for the next one but that's not until a week from tomorrow :(

It's better if you can wait a week and learn the raid instead of us just telling you what to do. you will also be under leveled so there is a good chance that you will die and since you can't revive you will likely just sit some of it out. It's up to you how you want to do it. If you decide to just jump into the hard raid it's fine by me. Just know that long term its better to learn the normal raid first.

Daemul

I actually pretty much quit Destiny for about a month or so before TDB came out. I would just sign on once a week for about 1 hour, run 3 nightfalls, then not touch the game until the following week. Once I complete hard mode once or twice, I'll probably do the same thing with TDB until HoW hits in March.

I've been at this stage for the past month, and it's been.....

227839420.gif

It feels like a massive weight has been lifted from the shoulders. I've been playing other games and gaming no longer feels like chore, which is what it had become with Destiny.

The game had become a massive pain, pretty much a second job, and I really didn't enjoy playing it at all. I had applied the sunk cost fallacy and told myself that I've upgraded so many of my weapons and stuff, that I might as well finish upgrading the rest.

This changed with the discovery that exotic progress would be reset, and I just stopped giving a fuck. I've only re upgraded 3 out of my 20+ exotics, with the rest being left to rot, and once I had beaten the story and the Raid for the first time, I just started logging in on Tuesdays for Nightfalls and Raids(Weekly Heroic's can go and fuck themselves) and a quick 5 mins on Friday if Xur has anything I want.

I have missed out on a couple weeks of playtime because I just couldn't be bothered logging into the game though lol

stb

Do what I do with my better half. We had a talk and I told her, Tuesday is forever known as "Destiny Tuesday". Every other day of my life is hers. Except Tuesday. Last week she wanted to do something on a Tuesday and my only reply was "What day is today?" She replied, "Right, right. I forgot. Destiny Tuesday. Okay, then tomorrow." Have set aside designated play times helps a lot.

That said, she is traveling for work for the next 2 weeks... sweet. I mean, that sucks, will miss her, etc etc :p

Tuning in late to this "marriage vs games" thing (which should probably be its own thread), but I have a similar solution. I have 2 "evening" things, "shooting dudes" (video games) and taping my podcast (Tapezilla /shamelessplug). What we have arrived at is that I just let her know in advance (as much as possible) when I'm planning on doing which. She and I affectionately call raids or any other planned Destiny activity a "nerd date" and I just let her know I planned one and we make cooking/tv/movie/whatever plans accordingly. I try to tape the podcast on the same night every week, so it's just understood I have plans that night.

Rather than prescribe a specific solution, my advice would be to talk to her about what sort of communication/planning would work for you both. It isn't necessarily about doting, but communication, in my opinion. No one solution is gonna work for every couple.

Greenymac

Hey everyone. Looking to do 1-2 CE runs. PSN is greyblade. Sign up below!

1. MrAnderson(greyblade)
2. Freygar
3.kitaj84
4.ourobolus

If you guys start about 6:15 id be down for 2 runs...If I cant make the first run, maybe i can fill in for someone in the second run.

Dave_6

Yeah those are great arc weapons. Just be careful cause you will die very quickly. I was a 32 and those arc tracking shots from the captains/vandals are deadly

Yeah I know I will have to stay back and play safe. Good thing I will have the bubble shield too.

patchday

Yo does GAF still run normal VoG? My bro is on some kinda weird kick. He returned to Destiny after a long break and now he wants to run the raid. But I dunno if people still run the newbie VoG L26. Maybe Hawkian still walks noobs through it I'll have to check for his posts.

Top Bottom