• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yo does GAF still run normal VoG? My bro is on some kinda weird kick. He returned to Destiny after a long break and now he wants to run the raid. But I dunno if people still run the newbie VoG L26. Maybe Hawkian still walks noobs through it I'll have to check for his posts.
I do, yes. Thing is I've started CE too, so it's every other Thursday now. If your bro wants a spot for the next one (1/22) let me know, I think that would actually fill it up.... already.... O_O

So I got a bit of a mystery on my hands GAF. I have a friend who just started playing Destiny a couple weeks ago, and she is somehow playing it with no PS+ membership. Fireteams, strike playlist, crucible, everything. Definitely doesn't have PS+. Is this a thing now or has the internet been broken?

stb

I would use Icebreaker mostly when soloing nightfalls/weeklies, but ever since Bungie made it more difficult to solo I really haven't given it as much love.

The ammo regen is very nice, I just wish it was a bit faster. I feel like Bungie made ammo regen a bit slower since the exotic update :(

Same here man, and the Black Hammer + YOLOhorn combo is great. Hope you get it next week bud.

I was just saying last night that I swear the slowed down the Ice Breaker ammo regen in one of the last 2-3 patches.

xErotic

So I got a bit of a mystery on my hands GAF. I have a friend who just started playing Destiny a couple weeks ago, and she is somehow playing it with no PS+ membership. Fireteams, strike playlist, crucible, everything. Definitely doesn't have PS+. Is this a thing now or has the internet been broken?

Is she on PS3 or PS4?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Uh? Weird?

Not a new PS4/trial month or whatever?
Is she on PS3 or PS4?
Oh...

Daemul

first time. anyway, i probably missed your posts. thread goes fast. i love you.

tZOS8.gif

I actually pretty much quit Destiny for about a month or so before TDB came out. I would just sign on once a week for about 1 hour, run 3 nightfalls, then not touch the game until the following week. Once I complete hard mode once or twice, I'll probably do the same thing with TDB until HoW hits in March.

I know we all have different semantics, but I imagine Bungie would consider someone coming on once a week for the Weekly reset activities an "Active Player", rather than a quitter. They probaby mark that as successful retention and it is.

As long as numbers show those types of players buy the dlc and expansioms, they will keep the status quo.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I know we all have different semantics, but I imagine Bungie would consider someone coming on once a week for the Weekly reset activities an "Active Player", rather than a quitter. They probaby mark that as successful retention and it is.

As long as numbers show those types of players buy the dlc and expansioms, they will keep the status quo.
This is accurate yeah

I certainly encourage everyone to take the same approach he described though...

It feels weird to have to stipulate this for a shooter (I've uttered the same words many, many times before), but: if the game ever starts to feel like a chore, or a job, or a checklist, or a something you HAVE to do, stop playing immediately. It's not going to magically break through at some point and become enjoyable to keep pursuing in that fashion; it's only going to get worse.

Destiny should be the game you play when you feel like playing Destiny, and that's it.

Jinjo

Awesome GAF IB train we had tonight guys. At the end there it was more a highspeed bullet train though lol. Good games.

This is accurate yeah

It feels weird to have to stipulate this for a shooter (I've uttered the same words many, many times before), but: if the game ever starts to feel like a chore, or a job, or a checklist, or a something you HAVE to do, stop playing immediately. It's not going to magically break through at some point and become enjoyable to keep pursuing in that fashion; it's only going to get worse.

Destiny should be the game you play when you feel like playing Destiny, and that's it.

What about people like me that don't think it is so much a chore or commitment but I just want to murder RNGesus?

So I'm having a pretty good week.

First Crota raid of the week on my Titan netted me the last 2 raid armors, meaning I can now reach level 32.

Today my Crota raid netted me the raid helmet on my warlock, and since I already have the gloves and boots, I can now reach level 32.

All I need is a chest or helmet for my Hunter and I'll be set.

Well... set for gear. I still need a butt load of rad mats.

So I'm having a pretty good week.

First Crota raid of the week on my Titan netted me the last 2 raid armors, meaning I can now reach level 32.

Today my Crota raid netted me the raid helmet on my warlock, and since I already have the gloves and boots, I can now reach level 32.

All I need is a chest or helmet for my Hunter and I'll be set.

Well... set for gear. I still need a butt load of rad mats.

Funny how I hate getting rad mats until I need them to get to 32 lol

aaaand that is the first time I've seen that HOLY SHIT AMAZING.

This is accurate yeah

What if you feel like you HAVE to do something but also enjoy it... what is that called? Addiction? WebMD didn't have any help for me. I'm just trying to classify my symptoms and standard nomenclature doesn't seem to be helping me out.

Funny how I hate getting rad mats until I need them to get to 32 lol

aaaand that is the first time I've seen that HOLY SHIT AMAZING.

I think I'm just behind because I never bothered farming the second chest. Though I do have a decent stack of energy I guess I could convert over. I'd like to get a Black hammer first though.

edit: 25 energy currently.

realcZk

What if you feel like you HAVE to do something but also enjoy it... what is that called? Addiction? WebMD didn't have any help for me. I'm just trying to classify my symptoms and standard nomenclature doesn't seem to be helping me out.

i think thats called love

Top Bottom