• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

zewone

No trial, she can't do anything else that requires PS+ nor has the little yellow + next to her screen name.

PS4.

Its fuckin weird.

Does she play on the PS4 of someone who does have plus? If someone with PS plus has activated that as their primary PS4, it gives plus capabilities to everyone who uses that box.

i think thats called love

MjAxMS01MTNkMmMxYjQzNTNjNzkx.png

phen0m24

What if you feel like you HAVE to do something but also enjoy it... what is that called? Addiction? WebMD didn't have any help for me. I'm just trying to classify my symptoms and standard nomenclature doesn't seem to be helping me out.

Maybe your attorney knows a guy

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I know we all have different semantics, but I imagine Bungie would consider someone coming on once a week for the Weekly reset activities an "Active Player", rather than a quitter. They probaby mark that as successful retention and it is.

As long as numbers show those types of players buy the dlc and expansioms, they will keep the status quo.

I like the status quo. I don't feel the need to log i every day and play for 4 hours. I mean, I still do because it's fun, but I don't NEED to. That's what will drive me away, if it ever gets to that point. MMOs often get that way with me and then I move on when it gets to be too much.

Does she play on the PS4 of someone who does have plus? If someone with PS plus has activated that as their primary PS4, it gives plus capabilities to everyone who uses that box.

I'm pretty sure she said her bf doesn't have it either but... this must be it, surely. Guess I'll find out tonight.

Awesome GAF IB train we had tonight guys. At the end there it was more a highspeed bullet train though lol. Good games.

Yup yup, almost IB rank 3 and once I hit 4 I'm switching to my Titan lol. Need something other than pure strength light 36 armor. Gonna have to go glimmer farming.

So does anyone have the Normal GK check point?

M3Rocket

There are too many Hawkmoon drops this week. Far too many!

Is it Hawkmoon Appreciation Week or something?!

I got my first one out of the Gorgon chest right after reset this week. After I got my first Vex and Hunger of Crota post-patch but pre-reset within the same timeframe. I'm not sure Bungie didn't tweak the exotics drop rate on the patch?

Interesting, I think you must mean 20- but thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

OT19 looks like it linked to HaloGAF |OT:Anniversary| which then links to Halo |OT20|. So they were behind an OT number for 20 and 21, and they skipped 22 altogether to get back on track.

As far as the rest of what you posted... we don't really have to get into it, but just examining the two active OT communities (the ones still currently iterating) really is the most fair and equitable comparison I was able to come up with after quite a bit of research. After all, in theory a direct comparison between the two isn't adequate (skewed against Destiny) just because the Halo ones span multiple games, while what we are in now is the 15th Destiny (1) OT. It's fascinating to me and blows my mind that they're anywhere close to one another, but not an actually "fair" comparison anyway. It'd be considerably less legitimate a comparison to add up every individual game's OT's on top of the current ones and call that Halo OT# vs. Destiny's OT15. Meanwhile (though I can't find Halo 3's for whatever forum-related reason), Reach itself had 7 OTs, Halo 4 had 2, Master Chief Collection still on its 2nd. So making a direct individual game-to-game comparison just wasn't that interesting.

I don't want to mislead anyone at all or try to fudge numbers. If you were to add up every "any-Halo-game"-themed thread there would be WAAAAAAAAAAY, way more threads than 15, and it's pretty fair to imagine that Destiny may never catch up in that sense. Just pointing out why I originally looked at the two active subcommunities to compare, since nothing else comes close.
Oh yeah I get that, I'm just saying. What you want to do is compare the "thread growth rate" of the two communities; destiny is the clear winner here. There is no need to wait for the number OT's to pass that of the current run of halo community OT's. As you already know, the current numbered halo threads are over a period of at least 3 years. Destiny? Since September.

No contest, really. This will only slow substantially if there is massive fragmentation of the newly formed destiny community, like there is with halo after every release of a new game.

Sullichin

Can only play tonight and Monday, scared I might not be able to get to IB rank 5.

I have so many 300 damage Timurs Lashes in my Vault. I really need to just delete them

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh yeah I get that, I'm just saying. What you want to do is compare the "thread growth rate" of the two communities; destiny is the clear winner here. There is no need to wait for the number OT's to pass that of the current run of halo community OT's. As you already know, the current numbered halo threads are over a period of at least 3 years. Destiny? Since September.

No contest, really. This will only slow substantially if there is massive fragmentation of the newly formed destiny community, like there is with halo after every release of a new game.
You're right, that would have been a really interesting and directly comparable metric that I didn't think to analyze explicitly. Maybe for the next OT I can look at some of the other OTs I mentioned back in OT11 and get some interesting numbers.

bummer.
1062 pages. I was pretty much right on the money.

Something tells me you're viewing 50 posts per page like some kind of deviant.

Sure, that'll leave 2 spots. :)
Deviant is my middle name

50 posts per page master class will not bear such insult.
dillon_predatoracszd.gif

it's less posts per page. it's half as many posts per page. it's more clicking and more pages for the same amount of posts. why would you do that to yourself.
I do a lot of my viewing at work, and 100 ppp would kill me if it were full of gifs

holy shit at that bish salt to close out the halo 3 thread. pretty solid.
inorite

hydruxo

I wanted to get some Atheon & Crota runs in tonight, but Always Sunny and Workaholics new seasons start tonight sooo that's not happening

Soooo still no word on when/if we're getting a bigger vault? I created a 3rd character just to hold more weapons and now that his slots are maxed I'm having to delete some convenient duplicates.

Just finished listening to the Mythocast. Great job to Todd, Hawkian, Fig, Nami, and Greenymac!

Any raid groups forming for this evening for CE or VoG HM? I will be on around 6:00 CST.

Qwell

Reeaaaallly hope my Titan gets some raid gear tonight, even just the chest or helm so I can feel like I'm making progress. I have plenty of mats now just need him to get 1 or 2 more pieces so I can have the trifecta lvl 32s Hopefully some folks are up for Crota in a few hours and not just slaving away at IB.

rNilla

Just finished listening to the Mythocast. Great job to Todd, Hawkian, Fig, Nami, and Greenymac!

Agreed. I meant to comment on this--I listened to the latest episode last night and thought it flowed well and kept my attention for the full hour. There are some people talking over each other issues but that's hard to avoid with Skype. Nice work everyone!

Top Bottom