• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Jinjo

Is that for PvP, PvE or both?

I am primarily a PvE player but do a fair amount of PvP.

Primarily PvE, but you can remove a few of the >'s for TLW when taking PvP into account. TLW is a close range monster, but Hawkmoon and Thorn are awesome from mid-range. Thorn has a delayed two-shot with DoT and Hawkmoon has the RNG two-shot, which triggers more often than you think.

Primarily PvE, but you can remove a few of the >'s for TLW when taking PvP into account. TLW is a close range monster, but Hawkmoon and Thorn are awesome from mid-range. Thorn has a delayed two-shot with DoT and Hawkmoon has the RNG two-shot, which triggers more often than you think.

Cool, I will probably just do Hawkmoon first since it is a more exclusive club.

rNilla

You still looking for people? If so I'll join.

Yes, you make 5. Just need 1 more.

Still need 1 more Guardans for HM VoG Gatekeeper + Atheon (and Gorgon chest if anyone needs it).

1. It's Nilla Time
2. ms1582
3. ruthlesbarbarian
4. EroticSushi
5. GRiP17-
6. GKW212

EDIT: Full!

leaving.gif

Abylim

T-bagging is so stupid that it just makes me laugh. If I get bagged I just get more fired up to kill that guy and bag back. I understand why it bothers people though, it's extremely juvenile.

Could you elaborate on your experiences? Having a bad time with groups of Gaffers or just a pain to actually get responses when you are looking to run a certain activity?

The regulars around here are admittedly pretty clique-y at times but just because we've spent a lot of time playing together. We can all relate to the annoyances of no match making which is why we started trying to form dedicated groups together. If you can start finding people who are willing, able, and fun to reliably run your raids/NFalls/etc. each reset it helps a lot. But obviously the most frequent posters you might see around here are already in "committed relationships," ha.

Aside from one raid, I just dont get any groups. Asked for some help with killing Xyor, twice, and not even a reply.

During Iron Banner I never got a group with any Gaffers, even though I asked quite frequently. I totally get that its not everyones job to group with me, but I brought it up because its consistent. Its not just here though, as I said, its destinyLFG and Gfaqs as well. Its just another annoyance with this game. In WoW I could sit in Stormwind and advertise for a run. That was in the older days of WoW, now you can just use LFR or LFG to find runs.

I've always found this community to be really helpful. Due to working weird shifts I'm not able to run things at set times each week. So my usual team get together when they can. Dgaf has given me loads of help and I've reciprocated where able.

Whether that help is running me through crota on hard with thorough explanations or a quick run through a nightfall. All the way back to little gems like Hawkians levelling guide.

I mean no disrespect to Gaf, the one raid I did with gaf was great. It was just Crota, but everyone was in a good mood, and it was nice.

They at least require skill when timing the charge right and trailing your target.

Shotguns are just easy mode.

At least with a shotgun you have to get close to whoever you're trying to kill. Fusion rifles have too much range for a one shot kill weapon. Especially the super fast charging ones that negate the weakness of the weapon which is supposed to be the charge rate.

Running around with a shotgun or a fusion rifle as your primary weapon and getting easy kills isn't my idea of fun. I use TLW, and nothing is more satisfying than getting a kill with it. I can probably get cheap kills if I just run around with a special weapon but I don't like doing that

Messing around with Abyss Defiant today. It is a pretty nice AR and always good to have another Solar primary. Liking the Focus Fire perk, guess it is like a poor man's Suros.

It feels good to handle but it also reminds me why I like Scout Rifles better. It just doesn't feel quite as efficient in time-to-kill as racking up precision shots on a good Scout.

Thanks for helping us out last night (I'm ck716). I'm thinking about running another hard Crota with my warlock or hunter in a little bit since I won't be playing tonight. If you're interested let me know.

In regards to TLW, I find that it has decent range. It's a lot better than the stat would suggest. The only issue with TLW is that it's a terrible weapon to use when there's lag and of course there's lag more often than not.

gdt

Hey guys. I got kicked and it seems like the whole team called it a day. The bugs we had today were insane. By far the most I've ever seen. More than the rest of my game time put together.

I still need one more Crota hard kill, so any teams going?

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
They at least require skill when timing the charge right and trailing your target.

Shotguns are just easy mode.

Shotguns make sense though. Obviously if I get shot at close range with a shotgun I expect to die. It's intuitive. Being one shoted from far away with anything other than a sniper rifle doesn't make sense and it disrupts the flow of combat. And I disagree with it taking much skill. A LOT of people just stand there and point and get free kills. At least with shotguns you're not guaranteed a kill unless you get a headshot (assuming they have full shield)

Hey guys. I got kicked and it seems like the whole team called it a day. The bugs we had today were insane. By far the most I've ever seen. More than the rest of my game time put together.

I still need one more Crota hard kill, so any teams going?

I Still need one also.

Lima

Omg people make the biggest deal about being the sword carrier. Have you played the story mission Sword of Crota? If answer is yes then you are good to go. are you a hunter? If yes even better then you enjoy easy mode with sword because of blade dancer.

Aside from one raid, I just dont get any groups. Asked for some help with killing Xyor, twice, and not even a reply.

During Iron Banner I never got a group with any Gaffers, even though I asked quite frequently. I totally get that its not everyones job to group with me, but I brought it up because its consistent. Its not just here though, as I said, its destinyLFG and Gfaqs as well. Its just another annoyance with this game. In WoW I could sit in Stormwind and advertise for a run. That was in the older days of WoW, now you can just use LFR or LFG to find runs.

I mean no disrespect to Gaf, the one raid I did with gaf was great. It was just Crota, but everyone was in a good mood, and it was nice.

You should jump in on stuff like this:

Anyone want to glimmer farm at gatekeeper?

Join on in! There now.

Cosmos_Man

Fireteam is open. Just join on in!

Even if you don't need the glimmer, it doesn't hurt to have the checkpoint, and you'll be stuck in a small room with some cool people with nothing to do but chat.

Also, the lists stand out and are great ways to get a group together:

**EXAMPLE***

Hard Mode Crota - Starting as soon as full:
Requirements 31 and a good attitude.
1)Abylim
2)Hudson
3)
4)
5)
6)

**END EXAMPLE**

Sorry guys we ended up getting full and just killed the Deathsinger. I'll still probably run VoG glimmer farm after this if anyone needs it.

Jinjo

Thanks for helping us out last night (I'm ck716). I'm thinking about running another hard Crota with my warlock or hunter in a little bit since I won't be playing tonight. If you're interested let me know.

In regards to TLW, I find that it has decent range. It's a lot better than the stat would suggest. The only issue with TLW is that it's a terrible weapon to use when there's lag and of course there's lag more often than not.

No problem man! Glad I could help and as I said it was fun being part of #TeamEpicSax lol. Would like to join but it's past midnight here and gotta work tomorrow lol. Send me an invite whenever you see me online though! Still got a 31 Hunter to clear it on this week too.

I can't remember if I friended you, but in case I haven't just add me on psn (JinjoNL).

oSoLucky

I actually felt the same way for a while. I really just started posting in the OT maybe 2 weeks ago, and it's still only a few times a day. I've gotten some good runs in with good people though who have seen me play and it's almost like networking. Just gotta find those first couple groups to get your foot in the door. I ended up Swording a few Normal CEs last week on my 32 Titan and I played with a lot of those same people this week, so sometimes it helps to help others if you're looking to expand.

Omg people make the biggest deal about being the sword carrier. Have you played the story mission Sword of Crota? If answer is yes then you are good to go. are you a hunter? If yes even better then you enjoy easy mode with sword because of blade dancer.

I don't really think that comparison stacks up. That mission doesn't involve 5 other people depending on you to win the currently hardest event in the game. Also, they can't one shot you and you are essentially in god mode. People get stressed because they know they are essentially the only way to win the fight.

Top Bottom