• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Lima

Ugh, never gonna use that.

Word.

I will never use it. It's not even useful for the first phase of the Crota Raid because Mida Multi Tool is king there. You just equip it and run. Everyone in our group that doesn't have it just gets left behind to die.

I don't really think that comparison stacks up. That mission doesn't involve 5 other people depending on you to win the currently hardest event in the game. Also, they can't one shot you and you are essentially in god mode. People get stressed because they know they are essentially the only way to win the fight.

That is the thing though. The other 5 people are way more important because they are the ones taking down Crota and calling out shield status etc. The sword carrier just does his thing.

rNilla

VoG weapon collection complete! I'm legitimately excited at getting a pulse rifle.

giphy.gif

No problem man! Glad I could help and as I said it was fun being part of #TeamEpicSax lol. Would like to join but it's past midnight here and gotta work tomorrow lol. Send me an invite whenever you see me online though! Still got a 31 Hunter to clear it on this week too.

I can't remember if I friended you, but in case I haven't just add me on psn (JinjoNL).

I will send a FR

Glad to have you as a part of the #TeamEpicSax community lol

oSoLucky

After many, many VoG runs, I still don't have Timepiece, Fatebringer, Vengeance, Foil. I only have Song, Nechro, Word and Abyss left in CE. This drop rate. I love seeing 3-5 weapons dropping every kill with how fast this content is getting phased out.

D_psipher

This game, so I did HM VOG last night with some friends and got two Fatebringers from the Templar and then a Timepiece from the Gatekeepers. We also looted the Gorgon chest and it gave me a Patience and Time and someone else got Hawkmoon. Then we tackle Atheon and I get a Hawkmoon drop as well. This game trying to make me feel better after giving me crap for weeks for nightfall and raids. Now the only desired exotic left is the horn.

Lima

Thx
It doesn't bring it to 3 like you get with the perk "tripod"?

Nope it sadly doesn't. Seems like an oversight if you ask me simply because if you select the perk it still shows the up arrow next to the mag size but it doesn't actually increase.

Thanks guys for that HM run from the bridge to Deathsinger. Sorry my swordbearer skills were subpar, but I appreciate everyone's patience.

Good luck and kick Crota's teeth in!

That is the thing though. The other 5 people are way more important because they are the ones taking down Crota and calling out shield status etc. The sword carrier just does his thing.

In my experience thus far this hasn't been as much of an issue as the swordbearer either dying to crota or not doing enough damage. I really wish they would develop a raid without a "relic" item. I suppose its hard to make the encounters unique though as they are stuck I'm the limitations of an FPS MMO.

mcfrank

Sword disappearing when you almost have crota dead is rage inducing. Also, getting nothing but energy all week when I still need shards is rage inducing.

phen0m24

You should jump in on stuff like this:

Even if you don't need the glimmer, it doesn't hurt to have the checkpoint, and you'll be stuck in a small room with some cool people with nothing to do but chat.

Only problem is, if you're playing with Hudson you're gonna have a bad time. :p Lol kidding he's awesome and one of the classiest folks here.

Yeah Abylim when nobody knows you it's a tad touchier.I saw your post about Xyor and at the time my son was playing or I would have popped in to help.

If you can get into a glimmer farm or a raid, introduce yourself as new to GAF and you'll definitely make some friends. Please forgive us if we are occasionally clique-y and fickle but we aren't anti-new people by far. It may just appear that way.

:)

Navy Bean

I still think the sword carrier is the main impediment to finishing Crota. If you don't have a good one then you have no chance. The other 5 have relatively easy roles: don't die, shot swordbearer, don't die, shot Crota, don't die, repeat.

Ok can someone explain this gatekeeper farming method to me. Im only aware of the exclusion zone farm spot.

Have Gatekeeper checkpoint, load up VoG. Kill all the Major Vex. Profit.

You get about 500 per run with a consumable, plus the beads that you turn into the Cryptarch.

With enough people, each run lasts about 30-45 seconds.

phen0m24

Ok can someone explain this gatekeeper farming method to me. Im only aware of the exclusion zone farm spot.
It's amazing.

Bring a Gunslinger, a striker or a voidwalker.
the supers fill up fast, and you go behind each other killing the yellow bar enemies. if you kill two yellows with your super you generate 8 orbs. Guy behind you goes next, etc. Make the loop around the room and then jump/wipe in the center.

592 glimmer with Polyphage about every 40 seconds.

PS much easier on normal mode gk.
Duh

ocean

Banned
Hive Disrupter works on Abyss Defiant as far as we know?
It works on every CE weapon except Black Hammer where it was disabled. The issue is that it broke another perk on Black Hammer and now does the same to Word of Crota. The rest of the weapons are ok.
The gatekeepers checkpoint at Vault of Glass is full of Vex Majors. Unlike every other encounter in either Raid, this part gives you glimmer and XP. Nowhere else in the game will you find that many Majors together in a nice tight spot. You run a circle around the room killing them while ignoring the gatekeeper (if you kill him the majors despawn). Then you wipe and repeat.

It goes really quick in a group because you use Supers and give each other orbs. It's several (and I mean several) times more glimmer per minute than anything else in the game.

Homeboyd

Sword disappearing when you almost have crota dead is rage inducing. Also, getting nothing but energy all week when I still need shards is rage inducing.
Reddit says it's caused by a cursed thrall exploding near the sword. Not sure if that's always the case but apparently one scenario that can cause it to happen.

rNilla

Atheon never stood a chance. Twice. Nice work team!

▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - (/) (°,,°) (/)

Top Bottom