• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

rNilla

All this talk about weapon balance has me concerned about future content and them trying not to create anything too OP so everything becomes unremarkable and boring.

Seems like a tough spot. How do you make something better than Gjallarhorn or Ice Breaker without breaking the game? Or do they just need to be phased out by ending the upgrade path to the latest max damage?

As much as I like Gjallarhorn it would be great not to use it for the next 10 years, or even in Destiny 2.

Seems like a tough spot. How do you make something better than Gjallarhorn or Ice Breaker without breaking the game? Or do they just need to be phased out by ending the upgrade path to the latest max damage?

As much as I like Gjallarhorn it would be great not to use it for the next 10 years, or even in Destiny 2.

tumblr_lrgxj1ywIU1qbkj32.gif

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Why are those weapons godly? Because they have cool creative perks. New guns should get the same. This latest round of exotics didn't even try.

But but...Glowhoo!

Once you get a taste of pre-nerf Mythoclast, everything pales in comparison. It was up there with Gjallarhorn. Now, it's just pretty good. Not even worth it in PvE (for me) since there's no upgrade for it.

Necrochasm is a pathetic excuse for even a raid weapon, never mind exotic.

Whoever came up with that shader at Bungie should have their cubicle and inside/outside of their car painted that colour as punishment.

LiK

I still like the Vex. Still good for both PVE and PVP. Wonderful gun. Maybe things will change once I max Abyss Defiant but Vex still great for me.

I still like the Vex. Still good for both PVE and PVP. Wonderful gun. Maybe things will change once I max Abyss Defiant but Vex still great for me.

I wish I never had my hands on the pre-nerf version.

Every time I pick it up and use it, I think of what it was. Now it's 'very good', but it's hard to forget what it was in it's glory days and that sours my desire to use it at all.

I must of grinded heavily at reset. I forgot I did Atheon HM 2x. . so when I asked people for Atheon 3x I only needed him once lol. It was cool to help out though but god, the grind screws with your memory.

LiK

Every time I pick it up and use it, I think of what it was. Now it's 'very good', but it's hard to forget what it was in it's glory days and that sours my desire to use it at all.

They need to bring it back to how it was for PVE. it's fine for PVP now.

LTWood12

The HM Crota kill has evaded me due to time constraints up to now, but I really want to do this tonight. I'd love to have someone w/ experience coach us through the fight, but I know that's alot to ask. Anyway, PS4 Crota HM Fight at about 9:10 CST (50 minutes from now).

1. LTWood12-32 Titan
2. T-44-32 Hunter

I've tried to beat Crota on hard mode for the last three days. I've put in at least four hours every day, and have tried with three different groups (six hours today). Everytime there is some random BS reason that it fails. The sword disappears, Crota doesn't kneel. Crota kneels and stands up immediately. Crota jumps down. Crota follows us into the "safe room". I'm a pretty decent FPS player and I thought I was on pretty decent teams, am I missing something?

We've been using the center room strategy. Take Crota down, hit him 3 times, take him down, hit him 3x, go to the right safe room, kill the ogres, repeat.

If anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate it as I'm getting pretty frustrated dealing with all the glitches and artificial damage limits of fighitng level 33 monsters.

Edit: I am 32 and have been playing with 32s and everyone has a gjallahorn except for me, I have a maxxed out crota's hunger.

bump if anyone has any feedback i'd really appreciate it.

What do I spend my marks on, if I don't want to buy the Rapier or any other weapon? Just farming mats? I am at 200 Vanguard and 200 Crucible marks and can't think of a single thing to spend them on.

Oh, and I have already bought a blue speedy-bike and upgraded it to a legendary.

I'm sure glad I never got it pre-nerf, then! I'd hate to have some negative opinions on a weapon.

commish

Yeah, Bungie made the Fatebringer by accident. They didn't anticipate it would be so good lol. Kinda shocking they gave the Word such low impact.

Let's not forget that the fatebringer was definitely not as universally loved when it was first announced/released. I think the Word of Crota will grow on people. I am really digging it the more I use it.

rNilla

Hive Disruptor doesn't work against Soul of Crota. I want my Glimmer back.

Alos, Word of Crota is no Bringer of Fate but the former is certainly a lot better against Knights.

Atkison04

Yeah it happens. When crota behaves it takes a couple of runs to tighten up the timing and everybody settle into their roles but if crota starts buggin out then it can drag out for hours and hours.

Yeah, after the 2 hour mark past there was no way I was gonna quit without finishing it off. I'm definitely thankful for the community here because it is hardcore as hell to run that shit for 6 hours straight. I think crota forgot to drop me a weapon though. That's 2 hard mode completes with no primary drop.

I know you Icebreaker blueberries want to show everyone that you finally got one, but stop using it in PvP. Really, it's embarrassing. Never seen a single one in multi even though tons of people had them, but now I've been seeing them all the time. You are not camping some bullet sponge boss, use a better sniper rifle.

commish

I'm not trying to be mean, but if you know the strategy, you just have to play better and execute the strategy better. Besides the glitches, what part are people dying on?

What are you doing 50 minutes from now :)

Probably still working on an essay, if I'm actively on just let me know if you need me to run with you through Atheon.

Best tip for HM Crota:

Don't get upset or frustrated with your team. Laugh it off and blame and curse Bungie's coding. Most people know I don't speak on my mic often but when I do during HM Crota it is because I'm trying to lighten the mood or give out calls if I'm the sword bearer. The middle strategy and tower for ogre is the best strategy.

What's your opinion of No Land Beyond?
Ha! Well, I meant in the same vein as what Tyler was saying. Love-it, then despise it sort of thing...

I've got the No Land Beyond, and I've not even fired a single shot in it. I just don't even bother leveling up most of my exotics. I wish I had that kind of time, but 60-hour weeks just don't allow for that sort of unrestrained max-even-the-poo-weapons kind of time.

E92 M3

Just have to fight through the glitches, unfortunately.

What do I spend my marks on, if I don't want to buy the Rapier or any other weapon? Just farming mats? I am at 200 Vanguard and 200 Crucible marks and can't think of a single thing to spend them on.

Oh, and I have already bought a blue speedy-bike and upgraded it to a legendary.

Materials are always good.

Let's not forget that the fatebringer was definitely not as universally loved when it was first announced/released. I think the Word of Crota will grow on people. I am really digging it the more I use it.

WoC is a cool gun, but it does need more impact.

Yep, they can't have an escalating arms race with every new release. There needs to be crap weapons for there to be good ones, but it can be hard to balance. Experimenting with more unique perks is probably a good bet.

mattxt08

Banned
The HM Crota kill has evaded me due to time constraints up to now, but I really want to do this tonight. I'd love to have someone w/ experience coach us through the fight, but I know that's alot to ask. Anyway, PS4 Crota HM Fight at about 9:10 CST (50 minutes from now).

1. LTWood12-32 Titan
2. T-44-32 Hunter

Im up for trying a 32 Crota Kill.. 32 Warlock with maxed ghorn etc

Only exotic weapons I have maxed since the DLC came out are Gjallarhorn and Ice Breaker.
I'm working on my upgraded Icebreaker now, but it is a ssslllooowww process.

Gjalllerhorn dropped from Crota for me, so that was a must-upgrade. I've got my staple of weapons that I cycle through and I've them maxxed, but everything else just sits there and languishes. I do fill out the ugprades for my Legendaries, but I normally upgrade them to a point, often not even bothering with that last tree.

I guess you would say I am very loyal to my beloved weapons. Haha!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
By center room, you mean the ledge outside the windows yeah?

You head into the ogre room after the 12th hit (4 kneels), not after two sets of 3... but if you've been making it past ogres you get that. How close have you had him anyway?

other than that... a lot of it is really just settling into roles... lag can kill you easily as well. It's tough though. really punishes mistakes.
I'm sure you get tons of requests Hawkian, but if you'd be willing to help us out with Crota tonight I'd love to learn some strategy from you.
Hard? sure later on but I have sword school right now on Normal crota.

Oh well, Guess I missed the HM Templar train.

Weapon balance is off cuz they can't figure out how to separate the advantages between PVE and PVP

More like Bungie needs to buff the Crucible weapons and nerf the PVE weapons when you enter a PVP match, thats how PVP gears and weapon only option to shine for me.

Namikaze1

Here's my plan to be Kell. Fallen seem to respect violence and big capes. I'm really violent, and I found this cape.

Every time I see a Walker, I call for air support. Of course we don't have any. But some day....some day.

LOL

LTWood12

By center room, you mean the ledge outside the windows yeah?

You head into the ogre room after the 12th hit (4 kneels), not after two sets of 3... but if you've been making it past ogres you get that. How close have you had him anyway?

other than that... a lot of it is really just settling into roles... lag can kill you easily as well. It's tough though. really punishes mistakes.

Hard? sure later on but I have sword school right now on Normal crota.

Fantastic. Thanks man. We're doing it around 9:10 Central. If you finish up sword school and are up to it, shoot me a message. If not, no biggie.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Okay looking for 4 who want to get some stress-free sword experience, and learn some tips for hard mode in a controlled environment.

Please post PSN. At Crota CP.

rNilla

Since TDB dropped I've maxed two Sarah Michelle Gellarhorns, Ice Breaker, Patience & Time, Red Death and MIDA Multi-tool.

Hawkmoon sits unleveled at the top of the vault where it will likely remain. The only gun with more dust in my vault is The Stranger's Rifle. This hurts you.

Top Bottom