• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

So necrochasm looks pretty terrible.

That's a shame.

Hate to say it, but it really looks like Bungie has a real phobia now about creating any weapons that stand out. We'll never see another ice breaker, horn, fate bringer or vex (original version) ever again I don't think.

The idea behind the original vex was great. Trophy weapon, looked badass and hit hard everywhere. Force to be reckoned with and feared, and hard to get.

Then the cheese. Then the flood of vex into the wild.

And that, was that. Nerfapalooza. No more trophy weapons.

Well, the raid MUST give you weapons to overcome the raid itself at least for the raid you get the weapon. The mythoclast was supposed to take you to CE N to get you geared enough to get new weapons but still It buggers me to use outsiders weapon of the raid to pass trought.

Even when is not required it those weapons deals more damage than the raid weapons you get.

Well, the raid MUST give you weapons to overcome the raid itself at least for the raid you get the weapon. The mythoclast was supposed to take you to CE N to get you geared enough to get new weapons but still It buggers me to use outsiders weapon of the raid to pass trought even when is not required it deals more damage than the raid weapons you get.

I found that a little difficult to follow.

Bogeypop

I think Pigeon become disillusioned by me getting all the Legendary Engrams and Ships, and left. One of the Engrams turned into Ass Energy, and the other became this
thought it was Praxic Fire for a second, but then did a double take
</3

4KaSJT7.jpg

YkNm86Z.gif

Couldn't find the "Bruce-Wayne-Reading-the-Newspaper" gif

That's a shame.

Hate to say it, but it really looks like Bungie has a real phobia now about creating any weapons that stand out. We'll never see another ice breaker, horn, fate bringer or vex (original version) ever again I don't think.

The idea behind the original vex was great. Trophy weapon, looked badass and hit hard everywhere. Force to be reckoned with and feared, and hard to get.

Funny enough, I got my first vex from a cheese you did I think. Lol

Belated thanks. Done worry I earned several since then the right way

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Looking for sword school signups to get started soon, however I don't have a Normal Crota checkpoint so I'm working my way through the full Raid first.

For those who don't know, sword school is where we load up the Crota checkpoint, establish an order, and keep taking turns running the sword and wiping, to give everybody a chance with it. After everyone is comfortable we'll try a few times to actually get him down as a team, continuing the order. If we struggle for this I'll flip over to my Hunter and just run sword to get it done for us. Minimum level 31.

Post a PSN if you want in either for a Normal raid up to Crota (now), Sword school (whenever we get to Crota), or both.

I think Pigeon become disillusioned by me getting all the Legendary Engrams and Ships, and left. One of the Engrams turned into Ass Energy, and the other became this
thought it was Praxic Fire for a second, but then did a double take
</3

Saw the image and assumed it was nami, since its not

Congrats!

Sp not bad

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I expected no less. It's a low impact, high RoF AR. In my opinion, those are all garbage.

Pretty much. I knew it was junk since it was first announced.

I mean the raid weapons in CE are bad since most of them looks like were designed to help you for the next raid instead of helping you in the current raid. So you have to use non raid weapons to pass the raid which is bad.

Not sure about bad... the sniper, rocket and fusion are among the best. The hand cannon and scout rifle are also pretty good, and lot of folks like the AR.

Funny enough, I got my first vex from a cheese you did I think. Lol

Belated thanks. Done worry I earned several since then the right way

Yeah, but the cheese isn't to blame.

Bungie just doesn't seem to have the ability to deal with these things expeditiously. They keep telling us about this amazing operations centre for Destiny, and all this data that flows that they pour over.

You would think they would have seen the problem quick and taken that weapon off the loot table until they could implement a proper fix.

Gamers are going to find ways to shortcut content. That's just the way it is - and for a gaming company to not be able to that, and when they finally do it's too late, they had to effectively destroy the weapon as we knew it.

It's the one screwup I'll probably never forget.

Future

Shotguns make sense though. Obviously if I get shot at close range with a shotgun I expect to die. It's intuitive. Being one shoted from far away with anything other than a sniper rifle doesn't make sense and it disrupts the flow of combat. And I disagree with it taking much skill. A LOT of people just stand there and point and get free kills. At least with shotguns you're not guaranteed a kill unless you get a headshot (assuming they have full shield)

The bigger problem to me is that you get so much special ammo that they might as well be primaries. I was doing the thorn bounty with a void fusion rifle, equipped it at the start and never switched to primary. Always full of ammo from all the ammo crates. Even if I don't open it chances are there are some ammo lying on the ground nearby.

Basically this means all 12 players can equip one shot deaths right at the start continuously. It's not so bad as long as you are in on the party. But I wouldn't mind a mode where special ammo was... Well, special. In halo weapons like the fusion rifle were considered power weapons that were rare. Now they are commonplace, equippable by everyone and there are other power weapons way above that in supers and heavys.makes the gameplay Mario kart like where you may just die instantly all the type as you can't predict anything

Give me an iron banner with no special ammo at the start, with special ammo getting earned somehow... Like with first blood, protecting a point, or somethin.

LiK

Nothing I hate more than playing with randoms in Control than people who don't go rush points when we're losing. No one cares about your dipshit K/D

I mean the raid weapons in CE are bad since most of them looks like were designed to help you for the next raid instead of helping you in the current raid. So you have to use non raid weapons to pass the raid which is bad.

I remember when Bungie was describing the VoG before the game launched, they stated that there were things you needed to obtain in the raid to progress to the next part of it.

Turned out to be pretty untrue.

And that oversoul related perks on raid armor had me convinced that the oversoul would be a much more prominent foe than it is in hard mode. They are pretty much a waste. If you're shooting the oversoul in HM, you've lost a person and your chances for success just went down anyways. So who cares about those perks?

E92 M3

That's a shame.

Bungie has a strong philosophy of nerfing weapons instead of bringing others up to par. I am convinced all of the coveted weapons we have now were created by accident. Now, they purposely go out of the way to make sure no weapon is special or badass. Black Hammer is fantastic and Fang of Ir Yut is a great scout, but you're right we don't have any trophy weapons right now. Imagine the Necrochasm with the impact of Shadow Price. Now that is something worth desiring!

Yeah, but the cheese isn't to blame.

Bungie just doesn't seem to have the ability to deal with these things expeditiously. They keep telling us about this amazing operations centre for Destiny, and all this data that flows that they pour over.

You would think they would have seen the problem quick and taken that weapon off the loot table until they could implement a proper fix.

Gamers are going to find ways to shortcut content. That's just the way it is - and for a gaming company to not be able to that, and when they finally do it's too late, they had to effectively destroy the weapon as we knew it.

It's the one screwup I'll probably never forget.

The new raid weopons are a sign we may never see the power level of that of vog. No more fullauto scouts, no more fb. No more vex. There is a reaon why you still see folks using voc and fb for hard crota despite being under level. There that good.

Sound like bungie just had a balance issue from the start. The current state of pulse rifles is a testament to that.

But when we defeat the hardest content the game had to offer we should be rewarded with something like vex. Notre our will never happen again

Everybody here ready to do hard VoG? PS4 by the way

Templar runs
1. Boguester
2. firehawk12
3. moris
4. McArkus
5. Orochinagis
6. Friend of Bster

@moris, McArkus and Orochinigais: send me friend requests if you want to do it now. My PSN is DrDrizzay101.

Was having fun with Vex in Crucible today. Even fighting through terrible lag I could feel it's power. One of the few Exotics that really deserve the title of Exotic.

The feedback on the gun is out of this world. Fun watching people melt. Had one match that right at the start I killed someone and moments later they respawn close by and I destroy them again. Next I see "xxxx has departed" Lol.

word of crota is kinda lame. seriously disappointed.

fatebringer > word of crota

Agreed, though I'm glad to have something to replace Atheons Epilogue for Void Burns.

Shame that we don't have a trophy weapons meant to carry over to the House of Wolves raid. Though I suppose there's always Gjallahorn.

McArkus

Templar runs
1. Boguester
2. firehawk12
3. moris
4. McArkus
5. Orochinagis
6. Friend of Bster

@moris, McArkus and Orochinigais: send me friend requests if you want to do it now. My PSN is DrDrizzay101.

Done!, lets get those fatebringers

Templar runs
1. Boguester
2. firehawk12
3. moris
4. McArkus
5. Orochinagis
6. Friend of Bster

Good luck and may the gods rain fbers for everyone

mattxt08

Banned
can someone take me along a hard mode crota kill on ps4 tonight? did it on normal on all 3 chars, now wanna kill him on my 32 warlock.

The Vex used to be so beautiful.

:(

It was, yeah. I remember when I got mine, pretty early on. People would ask to see it, and it was such an impressive mob melter.

That great feeling of having looted something fantastic.

Last night our regular group cleared HM three times. Got all the weapons. The auto rifle is cool, the non auto scout rifle 'I am told' is good..but otherwise...yawn.

The hardest content in the game has no obvious jealousy invoking weapon. Doesn't Bungie know that premium loot is probably the best draw for a game like this?

E92 M3

word of crota is kinda lame. seriously disappointed.

fatebringer > word of crota

Yeah, Bungie made the Fatebringer by accident. They didn't anticipate it would be so good lol. Kinda shocking they gave the Word such low impact.

I got mine mere days before it got nerfed. Those were four glorious days.

I got mine a week before. PVP was glorious, in a trollish type of way. Unfortunately, they shouldn't have nerfed it for PVE.

Rehsa

Looking for sword school signups to get started soon, however I don't have a Normal Crota checkpoint so I'm working my way through the full Raid first.

For those who don't know, sword school is where we load up the Crota checkpoint, establish an order, and keep taking turns running the sword and wiping, to give everybody a chance with it. After everyone is comfortable we'll try a few times to actually get him down as a team, continuing the order. If we struggle for this I'll flip over to my Hunter and just run sword to get it done for us. Minimum level 31.

Post a PSN if you want in either for a Normal raid up to Crota (now), Sword school (whenever we get to Crota), or both.

I'd like to get in on that sword school Hawk, Moridhin on your FL. If you need another for the raid I haven't done either on my Warlock yet

Templar runs
1. Boguester
2. firehawk12
3. moris
4. McArkus
5. Orochinagis
6. Friend of Bster

I'm available in case any one drops out or has to leave.

All this talk about weapon balance has me concerned about future content and them trying not to create anything too OP so everything becomes unremarkable and boring.

E92 M3

All this talk about weapon balance has me concerned about future content and them trying not to create anything too OP so everything becomes unremarkable and boring.

Bungie have been doing that for years! Halo 3 beta was the first sign of that and even Halo 2 shipped with under powered weapons. They love to nerf!

Dammit Sage!

That's how it is right now. That future is here.

Just 1 data point so far. Exotics are trash in TDB, but Raid weapons seem decent. Black Hammer is best Legendary Sniper in the game and arguably best overall. Hunger of Crota is the best Legendary RL in the game. AR is solid, but yeah, a lot is underwhelming.

House of Wolves better deliver. So far I have only seen an Exotic Shotgun at DedtinyDB. Nothing to get too excited about.

:(

It was, yeah. I remember when I got mine, pretty early on. People would ask to see it, and it was such an impressive mob melter.

That great feeling of having looted something fantastic.

Last night our regular group cleared HM three times. Got all the weapons. The auto rifle is cool, the non auto scout rifle 'I am told' is good..but otherwise...yawn.

The hardest content in the game has no obvious jealousy invoking weapon. Doesn't Bungie know that premium loot is probably the best draw for a game like this?

But but...Glowhoo!

Once you get a taste of pre-nerf Mythoclast, everything pales in comparison. It was up there with Gjallarhorn. Now, it's just pretty good. Not even worth it in PvE (for me) since there's no upgrade for it.

Necrochasm is a pathetic excuse for even a raid weapon, never mind exotic.

Do you remember how cool dragons breathe seemed before we got our hands on it? Still looks cool though.

Was actually wondering if nlb would be good for atheon and oracles. Probably not. Have had it for a month and never equipped that or the 4 horseman. Unless I was swapping guns from alts

As tyler said that future of here

Top Bottom