• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

hydruxo

the faction shader system is crapp

let me just buy one for 3 crucible commendations or something

those things are piling up

Yeah at this point they might as well be the rarest items in the game, I'm rank 28 with Dead Orbit and haven't gotten a single shader. It's dumb.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ha, that's not your fault. PSN messaging is jaw-droppingly bad all the way through. I have no idea why it sends a message when someone opts out of your group; basically disincentives people to use the system.

It's incredible;basically every other online system or website I use has a better messaging system than PSN.
AIM is far superior

zewone

Is VOG destined to be stuck in its current state or does anyone think they will update it to a higher level at a later date? Got the new scout rifle from CE, but nothing compares to the VOC. What I'd give for a VOC at a higher damage.
Hm? It has almost the exact same stats as VoC with better perks.

Korosenai

VoG weapon collection complete! I'm legitimately excited at getting a pulse rifle.

giphy.gif
Timepiece is all I need. No telling how many times I've done gatekeepers for it.

noomi

North Jersey is supposed to get slammed pretty bad between Monday - Tuesday. Usually my job only closes during a state of emergency (bastards), but I will most likely get a delayed opening which means...... Raids all morning!!!!!

spyder_ur

I'll join. The sooner the better.

Snow has been tame this year. We only got a couple of inches yesterday. It was our first major snow day. this upcoming storm is supposed to be ten times bigger than that. And last year was the worst. For a couple of months it was snowing at least twice a week to cause closings and delays. I haven't seen that much snow since I was born.

We got alot last year, but the bigger problem was there was really no melting. Last year was a really cold winter. It's been fairly mild so far this year.

I remember, I think 2010 was really bad. A bunch of storms seemingly every week dropping 6-12 inches. By February and March the sidewalks in the city were like a foot wide because there was really no place to put the snow.

forrest

formerly nacire
Okay GAF, need help with Hard Mode bridge and Death Singer. I have the checkpoint. Thanks in advance.

Forrest_Crump

I really think they upped VoG weapon drop rates including Vex. I've seen so many Time Pieces and FBringers recently, the only one still rare to see is P Foil but admittedly we usually only do this phase once to get to Templar.

Fatebringer....finally.

Thanks crew

My tactical self-res at the start of the fight was the key to victory !!!

MAKE THE SAX MAN IN MY HEAD STOP PLEASE

Mindlog

My reward for beating Crota as a level 31?
My Gjallarhorn unleveled itself. I thought my sound went out, but it wasn't tracking anymore.
pxRAwlE.jpg

Threw it back in my Vault and was ready to rage quit.
Then just be certain I switched back to my Titan.
Now I remember barely seeing what looked like an exotic flash up after some mission. Not going to complain about having a second Gjallarhorn alongside my fully leveled and perfectly safe original Gjallarhorn :D
8NPZ7un.jpg

I still need to kill Atheon once before reset. Anyone up for VoG hard (from Gorgons) three hours from now?

A non-gaf buddy of mine on the Templar kills we just did was asking about Atheon. Send me a message or something if you need 1 more later on and I can play "Destiny Match Maker" as I'm wont to do.

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for the scrubiosity of non-gaffer Bster friends.

Stick around after the music to hear my soothing voice tell you the tale of the last word. Lol.

Someone really needs to tell me if they like that or not.

The readings of the Grimoire cards are great, it does sound like you should consider rehearsing them before you record it though, that's my only criticism.
Loving the Mythocast

Glice

Neo Member
Looking for people to play along side with im a level 26 Titan right now and I play on the ps4, my psn is AboveWolf.

Here's today's Crota Heroic clear with BMO = GOAT and his crew, and my first clear.

Strategy:

1. Group holds center tower outcrop after exiting left.

2. Sword-wielder (initially NarcissisticJay, who did a tremendous job and brought us our initial post-Ogre progress) would hold position at center steps, but still outside of the main courtyard. Minimal risk from thralls, covered from Crota's Fist of Darkness, and no risk from Swordbearer. Allows close proximity to sword drop to maximize time-with-sword. Blade dancers have Vanish to minimize thrall threat further when grabbing sword and reaching rock.

3. Sword-wielder utilizes right rock position. As sword-wielder makes their way to position, a Titan sets up a bubble on top of the right staircase and hold there to aggro Boomers.

4. On command, center fires and sword wielder hits Crota either 3-3 or 3-4. Bladedancer can use blink (even on enrage) between kneels.

5. Group bails to left door (with a Titan Bubble) and waits. Collect orbs for health (Bladedancers can hold left door with hungering blade if health needed if Mask of Third Man isn't available).

6. Repeat 1-4

7. Bail groups right in right Ogre spawn room atop doors. Kill Ogre. Raise Titan Bubble at/near door. Snipe left Ogre. Cursed Thrall is eliminated before proceeding upstairs (another Bubble at right door optional).

8. Wait for Crota to make another movement cycle, then proceed again with 1-4 and enjoy the loot drops. Good idea to have another follow sword wielder to jump rock in case sword goes down due to Crota shenanigans.

Okay GAF, need help with Hard Mode bridge and Death Singer. I have the checkpoint. Thanks in advance.

Forrest_Crump

I tried to grab you a few times today!
Hopefully you can find people. I'd be willing to help tomorrow. I can be Titan and stay back while you go hide in lamps.

forrest

formerly nacire
I tried to grab you a few times today!
Hopefully you can find people. I'd be willing to help tomorrow. I can be Titan and stay back while you go hide in lamps.

I know I was taking work calls and just couldn't make it work. Thanks for the invites though.

LiK

LOL, entered a Tower with a CE HM raid crew celebrating. I decided to sit in the middle of their dance group.

I've had an awesome Destiny week. Got oversoul edict and woc from hm Crota, plus took him down twice. Then finally got Fatebringer and Vex from vog in one run. Also took the time out to finally level bad juju to the perk and lets just say my Warlock it's gonna hang on to that gun. Nova bombs all day.

forrest

formerly nacire
Looking for bridge / death singer hard

Full CE normal

2x Atheon Hard

If anyone is or wants to run any of these give me a shout.

Forrest_Crump

1.) Remember Crota goes right first then left, as seen here in the video I saved (sword runner's perspective):

692133_o.gif

2.) Crota then goes from left back to right:

sax-guy-o.gif

3.) When he gets back to the middle HIT HIM HARD:

reverse-1275988660_sax-guy.gif

Don't forget the obligatory Tower celebration team picture:

images
images
images
images
images
images