• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Bogeypop

;_;

I would have tried to creepily join your party chat (if it existed) but would be too worried/expecting it to cause NAT issues with other party people.

And now Twitch tells me "No Channels Live"...

I'll go live in a sec if you really want to watch a stream. :p Might do a Chris playthrough of REmake HD. Should be fun since I'm not as familar with Chris as I am with Jill.

Full Auto is useless and broken.

Zen Moment is also useless on an already stable gun. Third Eye much better.

Everything else is identical, so the one with better perks is better.

It's not as broken as people make it out to be. Full auto pretty much always works

Also, VoC has a much much better close quarters scope on it. I personally play most of the PVE in this game in close quarters so I find that to be another advantage for the VoC

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks again. Running the hard strat with no chalice on normal mode was great practice.
Yeah, even with the slight modifications we made there, everything we did in the run that finished him was a viable hard mode strategy.

Chalice. Pfft. Funny how it seemed at the time like that was limiting in terms of healing, just having to pass it around. Chalice on normal is an actual hindrance now. it totally screwed me up that first time I was holding it. XD

fake edit: Just watched it, yep, the sword disappeared at the end, no more hits :)
also, I saw a melee knight that could have ended the run, we just barely got him; on hard, he wouldn't have been there, but we couldn't have killed the boomers that time or we'd have had a wizard on us.

Hmm sorry to hear that, sucks for sure. I've become convinced over the course of this week that a lot of the crazy shit people see is due to networking errors, not necessarily as simple lag all the time.

A certian, unnamed, Unknown DGAFer was getting kicked over and over during a run earlier today and crazy buggy shit was happening all the time as well. I could be talking out my ass but it's a possible red flag if people keep getting kicked. Sadly the encounter design is not accommodating to the realities of online gaming, often with players from all around the world.

I don't think I can deal with another Crota fight right now but I'd be happy to jump in your party chat if you have one and discuss strats in more detail if that would help.
post-11756-I-understood-that-reference-gi-GkxF.gif

Auchs, got some sisters issues in this day so, any hard templay runs?

No worries, we were trying to get in touch with you but we also didn't want to make everyone wait around too long.

We busted it out 5x real quick actually, haha. A whole lot of Fate Bringers dropped, including several people who got it for the first time. I've still got the CP if you want to get a group together some time tomorrow maybe to run it.

No worries, we were trying to get in touch with you but we also didn't want to make everyone wait around too long.

We busted it out 5x real quick actually, haha. A whole lot of Fate Bringers dropped, including several people who got it for the first time. I've still got the CP if you want to get a group together some time tomorrow maybe to run it.

Yeah, I think firehawk even sent me a PM, sorry guys.

Glad fatebringers dropped for the other guys

Dunk#7

Looking for 1 titan (hopefully with ruin wings) for HM Crota kill.

I'm running sword and it will be my 4th completion. Just helping others through.

PSN: Dunk7

Edit: Nevermind we found one sorry

Just ran my little brother through his 2nd crotas end completion. He's gotten sword breaker 2 weeks in row. Poor kid.

Smart loot my ass
Oh well, fun run, good night gaf

At least with a shotgun you have to get close to whoever you're trying to kill. Fusion rifles have too much range for a one shot kill weapon. Especially the super fast charging ones that negate the weakness of the weapon which is supposed to be the charge rate.

Running around with a shotgun or a fusion rifle as your primary weapon and getting easy kills isn't my idea of fun. I use TLW, and nothing is more satisfying than getting a kill with it. I can probably get cheap kills if I just run around with a special weapon but I don't like doing that

I think TLW is way better than fusions rifles in pvp, and I have almost every legendary fusion rifle. TLW is as close to easy mode as you can get on the close quarters maps.

I think people just notice fusions rifles more because they seem to come out of nowhere a lot of the time. Hand cannons and Suros are still better, especially if the connections aren't crisp. If someone is on a red bar, fusion rifles can hit them perfectly and barely take the shield down.

Got this thing tonight via nightfall. Doesn't seem too bad

2XCyqK0h.jpg

I've gotten a few of these, they are pvp monsters as long as they have accelerated coils. I think I like the Final Rest II a little better, but the Purifier is probably my second favorite. It's amazing at longer range because of the stability/impact combo. If you're used to using the lower stability FRs (which is most of them), you'll be amazed as how easily you're able to pick off guys from range without having to shoot at their feet. This is basically the same gun as the Plug One.1, btw.

GhaleonEB

So, my warlock is level 20 now. I hoped I'd vault up to level ~25 by equipping the legendary gear in my vault, but every single piece requires hunter class. All six of them. 0_o

I did go up from mostly green/uncommon weapons to legendary ones from the vault, jumping over 100 damage in one swoop. Went from struggling through story missions (I play them all on the hard settings, usually at a 1-2 level disadvantage) to utterly crushing the daily. It was almost comic. One shots everywhere.

So far, Hunters >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Warlocks. The speed, the agility, the blades of death, the fashion sense.

Nearly all my deaths are due to feeling like I'm stuck in molasses when floating around. Hoping I can adjust now that I'm a bit more capable.

What are the two unique perks there? I've got a solar version with Ac Coils that's pretty vicious.

(Vacuum) Increase ammo radius pick up haha and Grenadier.

that purifier is nasty

I had the 300 damage version of that and it has been heavenly for VoG.

I've gotten a few of these, they are pvp monsters as long as they have accelerated coils. I think I like the Final Rest II a little better, but the Purifier is probably my second favorite. It's amazing at longer range because of the stability/impact combo. If you're used to using the lower stability FRs (which is most of them), you'll be amazed as how easily you're able to pick off guys from range without having to shoot at their feet. This is basically the same gun as the Plug One.1, btw.

Nice I can't wait to try it out! I've only used the Light of the Abyss lately which has been great up close/mid range. I haven't had plug one or this before.

mcfrank

So, my warlock is level 20 now. I hoped I'd vault up to level ~25 by equipping the legendary gear in my vault, but every single piece requires hunter class. All six of them. 0_o

I did go up from mostly green/uncommon weapons to legendary ones from the vault, jumping over 100 damage in one swoop. Went from struggling through story missions (I play them all on the hard settings, usually at a 1-2 level disadvantage) to utterly crushing the daily. It was almost comic. One shots everywhere.

So far, Hunters >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Warlocks. The speed, the agility, the blades of death, the fashion sense.

Nearly all my deaths are due to feeling like I'm stuck in molasses when floating around. Hoping I can adjust now that I'm a bit more capable.

Just had the same experience. Thought I was going to jump right to level 27 or 28 but most things decrypted to the wrong class or to energies. I don't know if I can bring myself to do the mid 20s grind again.

Top Bottom