• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That's the sax player for Moldova in the Eurovision Song Contest from a couple years ago right? I loved that guy. Moldova got robbed!
Yep! Epic pelvic thrust!

I just played this for my gf. She wanted it to stop after 30 seconds. Pfft weakling. Grats LiK!
Only 9 hours 59 minutes and 30 seconds to go! lol

Are we playing or what? You have to level those weapons you got
For some reason I want Fatebringers and it just happened. RIP.
At least VoG is pretty chill!

Works for the Templar fight as well!

gdt

Crota is being a tremendous dick today. Can't down him no matter how excellent the team is. If any team is up for a HM Crota kill I still need 1 fuuuuck. Last night was a 40 min run today it's like 6 hours altogether.

Hawkmoon is the last holy grail.
1928882_o.gif

Choose wisely

Crota is being a tremendous dick today. Can't down him no matter how excellent the team is. If any team is up for a HM Crota kill I still need 1 fuuuuck. Last night was a 40 min run today it's like 6 hours altogether.

Are you getting noticeably delayed hit markers when shooting the adds? Are there many/any red bar connections in the fire team?

Yeah, after the 2 hour mark past there was no way I was gonna quit without finishing it off. I'm definitely thankful for the community here because it is hardcore as hell to run that shit for 6 hours straight. I think crota forgot to drop me a weapon though. That's 2 hard mode completes with no primary drop.

Dayum. At least you guys got it under 10! Gonna have to hear about it tomorrow.

JustGotWicked is legitimately sorry he couldn't finish off Crota the times you guys got him to low health. I've been reading horror stories about runs like that.

I'm down for Crota, then I can help Forrest. I'll be on in a few, just having some wine to relax after work.

gdt

Are you getting noticeably delayed hit markers when shooting the adds? Are there many/any red bar connections in the fire team?

Nah. Just weird bugs and despawns all day. Just 10 mins ago sword despawned on enrage when it shouldn't have. Knights ignored sniper when they shouldn't have. Etc.

1.) Remember Crota goes right first then left, as seen here in the video I saved (sword runner's perspective):

692133_o.gif

2.) Crota then goes from left back to right:

sax-guy-o.gif

3.) When he gets back to the middle HIT HIM HARD:

reverse-1275988660_sax-guy.gif

Don't forget the obligatory Tower celebration team picture:

images
images
images
images
images
images

I like this strategy.

LiK

Nah. Just weird bugs and despawns all day. Just 10 mins ago sword despawned on enrage when it shouldn't have. Knights ignored sniper when they shouldn't have. Etc.

tip: go back to orbit and choose a different person to be team leader/host the game. it might make a difference.

A few people kept getting kicked but that's about it.

Hmm sorry to hear that, sucks for sure. I've become convinced over the course of this week that a lot of the crazy shit people see is due to networking errors, not necessarily as simple lag all the time.

A certian, unnamed, Unknown DGAFer was getting kicked over and over during a run earlier today and crazy buggy shit was happening all the time as well. I could be talking out my ass but it's a possible red flag if people keep getting kicked. Sadly the encounter design is not accommodating to the realities of online gaming, often with players from all around the world.

I don't think I can deal with another Crota fight right now but I'd be happy to jump in your party chat if you have one and discuss strats in more detail if that would help.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I started reading the Grimoire. It's a shame the actual game doesn't convey the same epic feeling reading the Grimoire has. I want to see some kind of animated short of some of the stuff. Like Eris and how her crew failed miserably, the battle at Twilight Gap, etc.

I started reading the Grimoire. It's a shame the actual game doesn't convey the same epic feeling reading the Grimoire has. I want to see some kind of animated short of some of the stuff. Like Eris and how her crew failed miserably, the battle at Twilight Gap, etc.
I would love animated shorts like the ones for Halo.

Abylim

You should jump in on stuff like this:

Even if you don't need the glimmer, it doesn't hurt to have the checkpoint, and you'll be stuck in a small room with some cool people with nothing to do but chat.

Also, the lists stand out and are great ways to get a group together:

**EXAMPLE***

Hard Mode Crota - Starting as soon as full:
Requirements 31 and a good attitude.
1)Abylim
2)Hudson
3)
4)
5)
6)

**END EXAMPLE**

Thanks for the suggestions, I didnt do the list format, and you're right, it does stand out.

I'm not upset about it or anything, just wish it was easier to group up with peeps.

It doesnt help that I'm not always on my laptop browsing Gaf. If I browsed the thread a bit more I'd be able to jump into a raid or two

Bogeypop

I believe in us my fellow Sword School peers. After this break Crota is going down in one. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
And I promise not to go for extra swings

Honestly, I found the Eris/Crota's End Grimoire content lacking compared to the VoG content.

Hopefully they expand things more in the direction and beyond with what they did with VoG in the future. And fix that Ghost/Grimoire card in the Hive Breeding Ground on Earth (I believe it's the Darkness 3 card).

zewone

Spray and play vs full auto

Besides that how is it better? Plus I think solar damage might be more useful than arc for general use

VoC is a legend.

#EpicSax
Full Auto is useless and broken.

Zen Moment is also useless on an already stable gun. Third Eye much better.

Everything else is identical, so the one with better perks is better.

rNilla

Some kind of visual presentation of the Grimoire would be great because then I would actually know what's on them. No reading please, thanks.

I believe in us my fellow Sword School peers. After this break Crota is going down in one. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
And I promise not to go for extra swings

Somebody streaming this action?

Full Auto is useless and broken. .

I never had a lot of issues with the full auto like some people did/do. Maybe because I squeeze the fuck out of those triggers when shooting. FA isn't the most essential perk but damn I always enjoy using it.

Drain You

So I think my addiction has been broken.

I played the beta for this game, didn't really like it. Picked up the game only cause gamestop called and said my game was ready for pickup. I had completely forgotten about it. Was forever 29, hit 30, DLC drops and everyone is 31. Crota raid drops and I'm still playing. About 800 hours in and for the first time I got bored. Think I'll come back once the next raid drops.

PS: Still no horn, or fatebringer. I also ran up to Crota on hard with two characters With no weapon drops.

Edit: I also injured my middle finger so gripping the controller has been a little bit harder. Maybe once that heals I'll be sucked back in :p

Mindlog

Is there any ways to upgrade your existing legendary weapons like you can for exotic or do you need to repurchase?
Unfortunately there's no upgrade path and for a few exotics the old variants are stronger in the crucible.

For Vanguard Marks the LDR Sniper Rifle is widely praised.
For Crucible Marks the Serpentine Rapier is a very strong Scout Rifle.

So I think my addiction has been broken.

I played the beta for this game, didn't really like it. Picked up the game only cause gamestop called and said my game was ready for pickup. I had completely forgotten about it. Was forever 29, hit 30, DLC drops and everyone is 31. Crota raid drops and I'm still playing. About 800 hours in and for the first time I got bored. Think I'll come back once the next raid drops.

PS: Still no horn, or fatebringer. I also ran up to Crota on hard with two characters With no weapon drops.

I'm starting to feel my addiction waning a bit finally

my to do list is growing small

1 character left for level 32
4 exotic weapons left
2 crota weapons left .. also 2 vog but hardly essential ones (timepiece and foil)
still need a few exotic armors but nothing essential outside of helm of saint 14 and praxic fire

not sure whats left to do after that

crucible i guess but I'm over that for a while after iron banner week

Bogeypop

Somebody streaming this action?.

dat classroom kill, so clean! should have streamed that

Somehow I knew I'd be the one to kill Crota during Sword School. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I was streaming it, but it's all ogre now. You can catch the VoD if you'd like. Or come and watch me play another game, dunno what I'm going to play though.

EDIT: Here's the VoD. No Party Chat since I prefer asking for permission to record people's voices.

Some crappy luck on our runs there. Sorry I couldn't stick around any longer. Engage was near. I'll be fishing for my first Crota kill after reset. But I think I really have the strat down now. Thanks for that and good luck.

Take it to the limit, gdt, take it to the limit.

Crucible is boring after iron banner. So many people just messing around.

Reminds me back in the day when Nightfall was fairly hard. Everything softer the nightfall felt easy.

Rehsa

I was streaming it, but it's all ogre now. You can catch the VoD if you'd like. Or come and watch me play another game, dunno what I'm going to play though.

EDIT: Here's the VoD, dunno if it's all caught up though. Might have to wait half an hour. Also no Party Chat since I like asking for permission to record people's voices.

That was a smooth kill, kinda glad you picked up that sword instead of me lol

;_;

I would have tried to creepily join your party chat (if it existed) but would be too worried/expecting it to cause NAT issues with other party people.

And now Twitch tells me "No Channels Live"...

Top Bottom