• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Rehsa

Thanks for the Crota kill GDT! Got Fang, first primary from my first run today after nothing earlier. Fucking rocket killed me from the corner when I was shooting from that same spot the whole time -.- but androo was smooth on the sword!!

Thanks for the Crota kill GDT! Got Fang, first primary from my first run today after nothing earlier. Fucking rocket killed me from the corner when I was shooting from that same spot the whole time -.- but androo was smooth on the sword!!

Niiiice. Congrats everyone for what sounds like sticking it out awhile (some folks at least). I can only assume you followed my detailed Sax Man strat to a T. GG.

Anyone up for VoG hard now? Only Gatekeepers and Atheon. We have 2 so far (kadey?)

I was going to hop on in a bit to solo hm templar but can hop in for this if you need bodies. As always priority goes to those who still need loot.

Rehsa

Niiiice. Congrats everyone for what sounds like sticking it out awhile (some folks at least). I can only assume you followed my detailed Sax Man strat to a T. GG.

Yessir! I think it took us 6 tries, fucking knights coming in and a couple of thrawl deaths, but the rest was butter!

So Fang is the first Scout to not have the ammo clip bug? Or is it fixed for all the new Scouts?

GhaleonEB

Just had the same experience. Thought I was going to jump right to level 27 or 28 but most things decrypted to the wrong class or to energies. I don't know if I can bring myself to do the mid 20s grind again.
Yeah, not sure how I'm going to juggle this. Starting up an alt was in large part premised on passing down my spare legendary gear, so as to put it to use. I have no desire to re-grind to land new legendaries. :\

Hah, we'll see. I'll roll a Titan probably around the time of expansion 2. Def disappointed with Warlocks so far, but then the Hunters are just a great fit to how I play. It's been hard to adjust.

gdt

Awesome run guys. Only took 5 or 6 tries, not bad at all.

I knew if I busted out the big guns, we'd all come through. We all have the eye of the tiger!

We walked up to Crota like whats up bitch.

eye-of-the-tiger.jpg

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

Thanks man! Congrats. Thanks for trusting me with the sword dudes. Thought I might choke in HM. I wondered what that GAURDIAN DOWN came from at the end there, haha.

The grind with new characters is so numbing. Titan-alt is finally just shy of Vanguard Rank 2, and will hopefully be 30-31 in a couple of weeks.

And then there's the Warlock still at level 2..

Rehsa

Thanks man! Congrats. Thanks for trusting me with the sword dudes. Thought I might choke in HM. I wondered what that GAURDIAN DOWN came from at the end there, haha.

Yeah I never moved and the last one BAM! Dude you were rockin' it, GG

gdt

So, my warlock is level 20 now. I hoped I'd vault up to level ~25 by equipping the legendary gear in my vault, but every single piece requires hunter class. All six of them. 0_o

I did go up from mostly green/uncommon weapons to legendary ones from the vault, jumping over 100 damage in one swoop. Went from struggling through story missions (I play them all on the hard settings, usually at a 1-2 level disadvantage) to utterly crushing the daily. It was almost comic. One shots everywhere.

So far, Hunters >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Warlocks. The speed, the agility, the blades of death, the fashion sense.

Nearly all my deaths are due to feeling like I'm stuck in molasses when floating around. Hoping I can adjust now that I'm a bit more capable.

You get used to their movement. I like it now really. Can jump around and hover all over the place. Angel of Light is cool too. In fact, Warlocks have dope perks all over the place. Way more options than a hunter.

I actually love playing all 3 classes. So much fun to switch up between all three, and get them all to max. I wish they could meet each other +_+

Rehsa

I have all three with Glowhoo and no bows yet :/.

Well I've only really been raiding this weekend so haven't been out with the pleabs so much I guess.

Well I will bow to you sir, I only have 1 32 :( now I will have to do a ton of bounties to level this thing up ASAP

Rehsa

^Agreed about playing 3 classes, only way to go for me. I'll never delete a character, way too attached by now.

Out of curiosity were you standing on the window ledge? Or somewhere else?

Yeah I was on the ledge in the middle, close to the left post. Shot him first down no problem, then second killed me. I may have moved a little or got bumped, but I don't think I did.

Also agree on three classes, I need to work on my level 3 Titan tho lol

Looks like VoG is firing up soon.

We can 5 man GK+At rather easily if we want but shouldn't be hard to get a 6th.

Yeah I was on the ledge in the middle, close to the left post. Shot him first down no problem, then second killed me. I may have moved a little or got bumped, but I don't think I did.

When he Enrages before that final shield break, thralls spawn in the crystal room immediately behind you and can smack the stuffing out of you through the glass. Probably hit you as you were firing and threw off your aim (my guess anyway).

GhaleonEB

Just had the same experience. Thought I was going to jump right to level 27 or 28 but most things decrypted to the wrong class or to energies. I don't know if I can bring myself to do the mid 20s grind again.

Okay, what makes this really frustrating is, when I look at my gear in the vault as a Hunter, not one piece says they require a hunter to equip. And it's all standard gear; one item was purchased from the Vanguard. Yet my Warlock can't use any of it. It's all just fodder to dismantle at this point.

The hell. :(

kidko

Okay, what makes this really frustrating is, when I look at my gear in the vault as a Hunter, not one piece says they require a hunter to equip. And it's all standard gear; one item was purchased from the Vanguard. Yet my Warlock can't use any of it. It's all just fodder to dismantle at this point.

It will tell you if a *different* class is required, but not if your current class can equip it.

Rehsa

Looks like VoG is firing up soon.

We can 5 man GK+At rather easily if we want but shouldn't be hard to get a 6th.

When he Enrages before that final shield break, thralls spawn in the crystal room immediately behind you and can smack the stuffing out of you through the glass. Probably hit you as you were firing and threw off your aim (my guess anyway).

Ah good point! I forgot about that, probably what happened then. Need to make sure to keep to the front of the ledge next time

^Edit: yeah you can also stand on the side back by the wall instead of on the ledge in front of the glass. Still far enough away that Boomers+Crota don't aggro on you.

Attacked by a beaver, moving slow but grabbing weapons on my way soon

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
A 42 round mag? You kidding me?
As if we didn't know it was a pos from looking at its stats. Bungie didn't put any effort in designing TDB weapons. HoW weapons are gonna turn out to be underwhelming as well if we go by the stats and perks.

Edit: babyghost are you joining?

xCobalt

Awesome run guys. Only took 5 or 6 tries, not bad at all.

I knew if I busted out the big guns, we'd all come through. We all have the eye of the tiger!

We walked up to Crota like whats up bitch.

Thanks for organizing man. That was a pretty smooth run.

gdt

^Agreed about playing 3 classes, only way to go for me. I'll never delete a character, way too attached by now.

Yeah I don't get it. I could never delete any of my characters. They are my babies now.

In fact I was thinking of some kind of mode or pass where you can use all three at the same time. Maybe split screen or loan out to a friend who can't switch weapons (or destroy gear). It'd be so much fun to use all three at once outside of raiding.

But that's crazy talk I guess.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

right, it doesn't say another class is required because it's hunter gear and you're on a hunter. all armor is class-specific.

gdt

They are darked out or something when you look at it with the wrong class.

zewone

You can't buy gear for a different class (unless Xur exotic), just to be aware.

gdt

Also to whoever the fuck figured out the heavy ammo trick for the Crota fight you are a genius. After 6/7 hours of taking on Crota I used like 2 packs. It's so much better doing that. Never have to worry about heavy at all, and because of that you can go super aggressive on the swordbearer and ogres and just get your ammo right back for Crota.

GhaleonEB

Hmm? That's pretty standard. A reason your Hunter can't wear Ruin Wings or Starfire Protocol. Class specific armor.

Right, class specific armor is fine. But to not provide any kind of notice in game that armor is class specific, at all. I just spent the weekend leveling a new character under the premise that I would not have to re-do the legendary grind because there was zero indication in the UI that any of my armor was specific to my hunter.

I'm not regrinding another character, and my hunter is at the 31 wall, so aside from the odd weekly and raid, I'm on Destiny hiatus.

Jinjo

That is a really crummy system. :\

It's pretty much like every other RPG class system out there. Can't equip magerobes on a warrior etc. What makes it annoying is being unable to buy Warlock armor as a Titan for instance or vanguard rank not being shared among characters.

It's pretty much like every other RPG class system out there. Can't equip magerobes on a warrior etc. What makes it annoying is being unable to buy Warlock armor as a Titan for instance or vanguard rank not being shared among characters.

Yep. I don't see the issue with class-specific armor, but the inability to buy armor with other classes (especially since with Xur we have that ability) is ridiculous. We already have 3 or so barriers to buying armor in the first place, and it sort of kills the drive to explore new classes.

gdt

Right, class specific armor is fine. But to not provide any kind of notice in game that armor is class specific, at all. I just spent the weekend leveling a new character under the premise that I would not have to re-do the legendary grind because there was zero indication in the UI that any of my armor was specific to my hunter.

I'm not regrinding another character, and my hunter is at the 31 wall, so aside from the odd weekly and raid, I'm on Destiny hiatus.

I think all armor info says "x armor" up top. Hunter Titan Warlock as the x.

But yes I figured that out quick too. Luckily I waited till I had a full set before making alts. It was awesome.

Edit: but when the new raid comes around I'll be dieing for classats again. Well, maybe not cause last time I was still racking up exotics now I got them all. Mostly anyway.

GhaleonEB

See my above post. Like most things with Destiny's systems, my issue is with the total lack of indication in-game about how it works. My entire leveling strategy was premised on making use of a vault full of legendary gear my hunter had no use for.

Top Bottom