• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Right, class specific armor is fine. But to not provide any kind of notice in game that armor is class specific, at all. I just spent the weekend leveling a new character under the premise that I would not have to re-do the legendary grind because there was zero indication in the UI that any of my armor was specific to my hunter.

I'm not regrinding another character, and my hunter is at the 31 wall, so aside from the odd weekly and raid, I'm on Destiny hiatus.

I don't know how you've gone the entire game without noticing that armor is class specific.

Anyways, just get some marks and get your vanguard to level 3. It shouldn't take too much longer to get into the high 20's.

I don't know how you've gone the entire game without noticing that armor is class specific.

Anyways, just get some marks and get your vanguard to level 3. It shouldn't take too much longer to get into the high 20's.

I think the armor available in the Hall of Guardians is purchasable at Vanguard Rank 2. At least commendations can be switched between classes, so Ghaleon may not need to grind out Rank 3.

Being able to purchase armor for all classes is something I hope changes with Comet or is the norm in Destiny 2. Have never played MMOs or any other game like Destiny to know whether that's a norm or just another artificial barrier to players.

raindoc

See my above post. Like most things with Destiny's systems, my issue is with the total lack of indication in-game about how it works. My entire leveling strategy was premised on making use of a vault full of legendary gear my hunter had no use for.

honestly, you must be one helluva lucky guy if you brought a toon to 31 without ever having other class-armor dropping for you.

lupin23rd

Would love to join a group to take down HM Crota if one comes up, in the meantime will be farming glimmer at gatekeepers. Feel free to join up if needed, PSN is lupin23rd

Steroyd

If he never got a Rahool drop for another class, it's pretty easy to not be privy to the system.

You can always vault rare engrams and then decode them to the other class, sometimes you get a armour for another class but it's heavily weighted to the class you're decoding it from.

Feorax

Would love to join a group to take down HM Crota if one comes up, in the meantime will be farming glimmer at gatekeepers. Feel free to join up if needed, PSN is lupin23rd

I have the Crota CP, and could do with taking him down ASAP. I'm happy to try and organise a group to get it done.

1. MattIgoe
2. Lupin23rd
3. kreepmode
4. raindoc
5. stantron
6. mikeworks

Edit: Full

kidko

No worries. You scored the GKeeper loot about 5 seconds before you got booted (presumably for being AFK, or maybe you had to sign off quick). haha

Wow nice. I should have specified to boot me if I didn't come back in a few minutes!

Murphy's Law in full effect - baby sleeps like a rock all weekend while I do solo stuff grinding up my titan alt. Soon as I get the confidence to try some group content, he wakes up screaming and won't go back to sleep! BABIES, MAN

GutZ31

Also to whoever the fuck figured out the heavy ammo trick for the Crota fight you are a genius. After 6/7 hours of taking on Crota I used like 2 packs. It's so much better doing that. Never have to worry about heavy at all, and because of that you can go super aggressive on the swordbearer and ogres and just get your ammo right back for Crota.

What? Why have I not heard of this new fangled tech?

I have the Crota CP, and could do with taking him down ASAP. I'm happy to try and organise a group to get it done.

1. MattIgoe
2. Lupin23rd

I'm down, 32 hunter with ghorn. Would be nice if we had someone who knows how to use the sword.

psn is kreepmode.

raindoc

1. MattIgoe
2. Lupin23rd

if you guys don't mind me bringing a 31 Hunter we're 3.
(got G'Horn)

Dammit, got Crota down to 1 hit left. 1 fucking hit left and a boomer got the sword carrier. I feel bad because I was supposed to stagger boomers but when he Enraged and I forgot what I was doing and just watched Crota for the kill.

ocean

Banned
Right, class specific armor is fine. But to not provide any kind of notice in game that armor is class specific, at all. I just spent the weekend leveling a new character under the premise that I would not have to re-do the legendary grind because there was zero indication in the UI that any of my armor was specific to my hunter.

I'm not regrinding another character, and my hunter is at the 31 wall, so aside from the odd weekly and raid, I'm on Destiny hiatus.
Cheap track to level 30 requires 12 Strange Coins and 75 Marks.

Helm: Xûr Exotic
Gauntlets: Eris Bounty
Chest: just equip the best blue drop you find
Boots: Buy any for 75 Marks

You'll have to grind a little for those 75 Marks and Reputation level 2 but it's not too bad.

With the helm at +36 Light, the Gauntlets at +33 and the Boots at +33 you'll hit level 30 (assuming you find an 18 Light Blue chest, which is a given).

Once at 30, you can do everything in the game with your new character. VoG, CE, Nightfall, Weekly, Daily... you'll be set. Then you begin the admittedly slow process of replacing your stuff with Raid drops.

Midas

I don't think I got a reply last time I asked, so I'll try again... :)

Is it "confirmed" that Crota only drop primaries in hard mode? I'm still missing Black Hammer and Hunger of Crota...

Jinjo

See my above post. Like most things with Destiny's systems, my issue is with the total lack of indication in-game about how it works. My entire leveling strategy was premised on making use of a vault full of legendary gear my hunter had no use for.

Yeah I only saw that post after I posted. I completely agree. The levelling/armor system is not straightfoward. It always takes me half an hour to explain everything to friends that just picked up the game, and even then they often have questions or make wrongful assumptions about what works and what doesn't.

I mean, even we chased the fabled RNG drops with the whole lootcave back in the day, because we didn't fully understand the whole mark/rep situation and how that would gain us armor. The short term pay-off vs long term gain also played a role obviously.

Is it "confirmed" that Crota only drop primaries in hard mode? I'm still missing Black Hammer and Hunger of Crota...

I thought I saw someone yesterday say they received a Song of Ir Yut from Heroic CE, but I don't know and haven't seen any normal CE content drop personally.

What about Crux of Crota, you may then be compelled to ask? I don't believe they exist.

Edit: Nvm. Looks like it is confirmed.

Raybunny

Yes it is confirmed. You can get the pulse riffle as a possible reward at the abyss completion and you can get the auto riffle as a possible reward at the bridge completion. Scout riffle and hand cannon as far as we know only at Crota Boss.

Edit: http://www.bungie.net/7_Crotas-End---Hard-Mode/en/News/News?aid=12510

I think it's break time until House of Wolves, I really don't have anything to do anymore. I'm hoping Trials of Osiris is sometime in February, that would tie me over until HoW in March. If not, oh well.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Lol

Hard crota kill: Everyone in party gets a gun... except me.

3 shards, 4 energies, Helmet that I was wearing, Glowhoo.

GG.

I can come to help out.

Ok, cool, if we can get at least 1 more we could fire it up soon. Don't need a full 6 I suppose.

Edit: lol true that Kartik. Like a break of fresh air. I'll be back in 5, but my buddies jw and Lord Khufu are still in the same party with me, another buddy Silky joined as well so we might already have 6.

Lol

Hard crota kill: Everyone in party gets a gun... except me.

3 shards, 4 energies, Helmet that I was wearing, Glowhoo.

GG.

Make sure to check the 3rd perk on that helmet. A CE helm w/ Infusion is a big improvement over one without it...

DrBo42

Anyone on that can help finish Crota normal on X1? My buddies are trying to finish it and get me some gear (I'm 28) but everyone else is appropriate level. We're at Crota fight.

I can't sleep. Still on a high from finishing off Crota. No one on my team had beat Hard CE, but we managed to pull it off in 2 swords with no Titans in the party and a Warlock Sword Carrier. It was a perfectly executed run.

After beating it, the fight isn't nearly as hard as I first thought it was, but it still can be tricky. No lag is very important, and having folks know their roll and do it well helps.

ocean

Banned
Got a Blue Rocket Launcher, 294 attack and with Tracking. Not bad :p

It's called Big Rig, wonder if it's a reference to that classic masterpiece of a game?

Jinjo

It's so nice having Icebreakers & Gjallarhorns on all my toons. Can't live without it anymore.

If Bungie won't upgrade vault space/fix vault exchanging I'll just free myself of those shackles.

CLBridges

Alright, got the Crota Hard kill on my 31 hunter and got the helmet, shader and Plan C. Now with the helmet I can reach 32 with my hunter and comfortably look for a group to get through everything prior to Crota. Hopefully I can get the Raid auto rifle, only need that and the scout.

Top Bottom