• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Jinjo

Would the hive disruptor be not better in the end, additional bullet from landing 3 precision shots with a 12 round mag is not that usefull in my opinion, think i would rather have the extra damage against hive majors and ultras. Will work on my Word of Crota tonight and decide later on.

That's what I'm thinking too. 12 bullets worth of hive disruptor bonus damage in the end will be more damage than the extra 4 HC rounds you can get.

blazeuk

Had to use LFG website to join a CE normal run yesterday with my Titan alt, got up to Crota before wiping a few times and stopping - the game just loves to give me shards and energy.

If anyone is needing another to beat Crota on normal (level 30 Titan), send an invite PSN: blazeuk. Hopefully I can get it done before the reset.

noomi

Would the hive disruptor be not better in the end, additional bullet from landing 3 precision shots with a 12 round mag is not that usefull in my opinion, think i would rather have the extra damage against hive majors and ultras. Will work on my Word of Crota tonight and decide later on.

Yes it would, the bullet refill sucks right now. I did a full upgrade and the hive disrupter is worth it over the 1 bullet refill.

Also exploding bullets kills the reload perk as well.

Just go ahead and get it ;)

But if you land all shots that amounts to 16 straight shots without reloading.

Sounds better than having 12 rounds with Hive Disruptor. Would have to see some damage calculations to be sure.

Jinjo

But if you land all shots that amounts to 16 straight shots without reloading.

Sounds better than having 12 rounds with Hive Disruptor. Would have to see some damage calculations to be sure.

But you only " win" 4 extra bullets this way. If you add up the damage from the HD perk vs the extra 4 bullets I'm pretty sure the HD perk wins. And you don't have to take into account aiming and hitting those extra 4 bullets too. This is only when up against a Hive Major btw, it still works against all other enemies.

Yes it would, the bullet refill sucks right now. I did a full upgrade and the hive disrupter is worth it over the 1 bullet refill.

Off-topic, but you're avatar always gives me a laugh everytime I see it.

Rubenov

noomi,

Looks like I'll be able to make the reset crew tomorrow if you guys are still up for it

noomi

Off-topic, but you're avatar always gives me a laugh everytime I see it.

haha thanks, it's actually from the oneyg youtube channel, one of the stupid crazy cartoons that guy made. The faces on the characters are priceless, I forget which one it's from maybe dragon ball peepee lol.

noomi,

Looks like I'll be able to make the reset crew tomorrow if you guys are still up for it

Awesome man, I was just asking the guys about a person to fill the 6th spot, it's all yours if you want it. Are you still traveling?

haha thanks, it's actually from the oneyg youtube channel, one of the stupid crazy cartoons that guy made. The faces on the characters are priceless, I forget which one it's from maybe dragon ball peepee lol.

Haha yeah I've seen that one, it's why I recognize it.

Rubenov

Awesome man, I was just asking the guys about a person to fill the 6th spot, it's all yours if you want it. Are you still traveling?

Yeah traveling, but have my PS4 with me and should be in my room around 03:50 EST

Yes! Just fully maxed Fang of Ir Yut.

Word of Crota and Fang are now fully maxed. Working on Oversoul Edict next. I hope I get that Auto Rifle tomorrow!

Some serious love/hate going on right now. I didn't get on util late (and Drizzay was already in a full group), so I decided to finish up leveling Eris. A quick round of patrol the Cosmodrome, and I had six bounties complete and finally got the awesome Eris shader with a half an hour till bed time.

At that point I get an invite to do Crota on normal. I still need it on my Warlock, so why not? 10 minutes, 15 tops, right? With people coming and going, heading back to the tower, switching toons, getting bored of waiting and going off to do some bounties, it took a 45 minutes just to get started. At that point we began to try to kick his ass. Lag says NO. We couldn't get his shields down. At first we thought it was some of the noob's load outs. Nope. Then we focused on timing. Nope. 5 rockets all at the same time, zero shield damage.

45 minutes later, we lost a crew member, and headed back to the tower for heavy packs. An hour past my bed time I gave up.

Raybunny

Some serious love/hate going on right now. I didn't get on util late (and Drizzay was already in a full group), so I decided to finish up leveling Eris. A quick round of patrol the Cosmodrome, and I had six bounties complete and finally got the awesome Eris shader with a half an hour till bed time.

At that point I get an invite to do Crota on normal. I still need it on my Warlock, so why not? 10 minutes, 15 tops, right? With people coming and going, heading back to the tower, switching toons, getting bored of waiting and going off to do some bounties, it took a 45 minutes just to get started. At that point we began to try to kick his ass. Lag says NO. We couldn't get his shields down. At first we thought it was some of the noob's load outs. Nope. Then we focused on timing. Nope. 5 rockets all at the same time, zero shield damage.

45 minutes later, we lost a crew member, and headed back to the tower for heavy packs. An hour past my bed time I gave up.

Unfortunately that happens quite often. If I got enough time after Crota HM, count me in to join and help you out. I can even bring a friend into it. Lets run that thing easy peasy.

noomi

Yes! Just fully maxed Fang of Ir Yut.

Word of Crota and Fang are now fully maxed. Working on Oversoul Edict next. I hope I get that Auto Rifle tomorrow!

Nice! After maxing the word of crota, I am working on the fang right now, only half way maxed but it's already a beast! Which scope do you use? I use the middle one, even though it takes the range and stability down a bit, I just prefer it overall.

Auto rifle is all I need, hoping with 3 chances tomorrow it drops, seems very usefull! It's the last weapon I need from Crota too ;)

I have no idea what happened to my Oversoul Edict. I think I may have scrapped it along with my 3rd Word of Crota. Fortunately I haven't done the Lamp section with my Titan, and it's pretty useless.

Nice! After maxing the word of crota, I am working on the fang right now, only half way maxed but it's already a beast! Which scope do you use? I use the middle one, even though it takes the range and stability down a bit, I just prefer it overall.

Auto rifle is all I need, hoping with 3 chances tomorrow it drops, seems very usefull! It's the last weapon I need from Crota too ;)

I like using the first scope for fang.

Me too! Let's hope for the AR tomorrow! I'm very pumped for reset runs again.

Unfortunately that happens quite often. If I got enough time after Crota HM, count me in to join and help you out. I can even bring a friend into it. Lets run that thing easy peasy.

Thanks, but I'm stuck at a hotel tonight due to the incoming snow storm. No big deal really. Now that I can trade at Eris, I should have enough shards to get to 32 on my Warlock. I'm just annoyed that I lost track of time and got to bed so late.

Edit: Private managed to respond to this post v in ^ that post. Well done sir.

Some serious love/hate going on right now. I didn't get on util late (and Drizzay was already in a full group).

Any time today work for you? Even just a HM Crota? We'll make sure it's a good team with reasonable connections and knock it out quick.

I want to say you are EST but maybe I made that up?

Edit: Private managed to respond to this post v in ^ that post. Well done sir.

Any time today work for you? Even just a HM Crota? We'll make sure it's a good team with reasonable connections and knock it out quick.

I want to say you are EST but maybe I made that up?

I am EST. Right at the bottom of that storm, probably 6-8 inches tonight. I really think that I'll be done with Crota after a couple of more shards, and the auto rifle (x3?). If I'm invited, I'll do it, but I just have way more fun with VoG. I don't know why, but I've been getting cranky doing the big C. I just don't have much patience if we go past the half hour point during any phase. Where with VoG, I could spend hours trying to best the Templar.

I don't like being cranky, I like joking and having fun.

Lnkn52

I am EST. Right at the bottom of that storm, probably 6-8 inches tonight. I really think that I'll be done with Crota after a couple of more shards, and the auto rifle (x3?). If I'm invited, I'll do it, but I just have way more fun with VoG. I don't know why, but I've been getting cranky doing the big C. I just don't have much patience if we go past the half hour point during any phase. Where with VoG, I could spend hours trying to best the Templar.

Good luck with the storm, but I do agree with your points. If I join a group that is taking too long on CE raid, I would rather quit than wait.

Jinjo

Haha yup same. We will need them for reset tomorrow!

Does anyone know if the Hive Disrupter perk fucks up Fang too? I left it for now. Otherwise it's maxed.

No, it only messes with the precision spree perks of which there are only two, Phantom Gift & White Nail.

If I'm invited, I'll do it, but I just have way more fun with VoG. I don't know why, but I've been getting cranky doing the big C.

Kartik and I posted about this earlier, but a VoG raid is like a breath of fresh air after slumming it down in the Hell Mouth. The timing is so tight and lag/glitches are so prevalent I'm usually more relieved something didn't go wrong instead of excited that we played well.

Just wanted to make sure you or anyone else who actually does want to beat it gets a chance. I have a lot of fun playing and joking with everyone here.

Steroyd

Haha yup same. We will need them for reset tomorrow!

Does anyone know if the Hive Disrupter perk fucks up Fang too? I left it for now. Otherwise it's maxed.

Unless the fang has a perk that relies on crit hits, I can't see how hive disruptor would fuck anything up.

recks

If you still need to kill it and see me online, hit me up and I'll help you anytime.

Black Wax is too valuable for heavy. I wait for Xur and stock up when he comes. He provides the best deal for heavy ammo.

Not really. The 2 best glimmer farming spots in the game don't require Black Wax. And now that I have all characters on 32 I don't need to convert energy into shards.

That said, I usually just wait for Xur tho.

So Saturday I found a group on LFG for Crota. These guys were great, sword carrier was a beast. We swiftly beat it in a bout a half hour. About 5 or 6 tries.

Sunday, not so much. Between 2 different groups, the first group being all LFG, the second group was 3 of my friends and 2 from LFG..... it took 7 hours to beat Crota!!! I was furious.

I can't say either group was bad, it was just a whole bunch of herky jerky stuff that was never going right, then we would get Crota down to a sliver of health and something bad would happen.

One of our main problems is with the Swordbearer being a jerk and running and hiding to the left or right or hiding behind the rock so we can't shoot at him.

And also, after a few hours people start running out of heavy synth which makes things more problematic.

But I did get Word of Crota for my 7hrs of trouble, which I'm happy about.

I'll be blizzard'ed in Tuesday so I'll run it twice again and hope for Fang.

Kartik and I posted about this earlier, but a VoG raid is like a breath of fresh air after slumming it down in the Hell Mouth. The timing is so tight and lag/glitches are so prevalent I'm usually more relieved something didn't go wrong instead of excited that we played well.

Just wanted to make sure you or anyone else who actually does want to beat it gets a chance. I have a lot of fun playing and joking with everyone here.

Yeah, I'll do Crota for the people, not the encounter. I wish the raids got you more XP, or more bounties weren't tied to "...without dying", so I wouldn't feel so rushed just so I can go get some busy work done to level up my stuffs. I do think finishing off my Warlock, and maxing my Hunter helm will be enough for me to consider shit complete and not be in a hurry to just get it done.

Really liking the sights (or lack of) on Word of Crota..

Not sure I care if I lose the phantom gift.. Seems the disruptor gives a better addition then adding a max of 4 rounds per mag.

Am I looking at it wrong?

At that point I get an invite to do Crota on normal. I still need it on my Warlock, so why not? 10 minutes, 15 tops, right? With people coming and going, heading back to the tower, switching toons, getting bored of waiting and going off to do some bounties, it took a 45 minutes just to get started.
This drives me batty. I'm conditioned from my WoW days, where if everyone agrees to run something at a certain time, then everyone needs to be ready to go at that time. And if they're not, then someone else who is ready to go takes their place. Your situation was a little different, but I would've been so frustrated.

LiK

A shared vault without the need to switch characters would be so damn convenient. Saw the rumor about changing gear through the app. BRING IT BUNGIE.

Really liking the sights (or lack of) on Word of Crota..

Not sure I care if I lose the phantom gift.. Seems the disruptor gives a better addition then adding a max of 4 rounds per mag.

Am I looking at it wrong?

If you activate the disruptor... it will take Phantom Gift away.

I think its worth it to just throw on disruptor.

E92 M3

Not really. The 2 best glimmer farming spots in the game don't require Black Wax. And now that I have all characters on 32 I don't need to convert energy into shards.

That said, I usually just wait for Xur tho.

I just have a thing against using resources that aren't easily renewable lol. Big time hoarder.

Bridge on Normal is too damn easy. Why are they dying?

Because that's what happens when you cheese it and never learn to do it properly.
Death goes from:

1) Just plain death by getting overwhelmed by enemies.
2) Not leaving the totem even when you're about to die (just say you need to leave to regen so the guy leave the middle pls...)
3) Leaving the totem and forgetting to let the others know about that.
4) Death by Hallowed Boomer on the far side.

I almost lost it when we got everybody to the other side and died by totems because one guy decided it was a good idea to step into the middle plate to get heavy ammo and stood there reloading his G-Horn. :( He thought the plate would not activate once everybody had passed.

Edit: That said, we did get Corridor-Deathsinger-Crota with no deaths, so it's all about them learning the bridge.

Top Bottom