• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Anybody up for some xbox one sword practice in hm this evening (GMT)? I've got the checkpoint and need to get used to using the hunter invisibility method.

Edit: added GMT time

Midas

I thought I saw someone yesterday say they received a Song of Ir Yut from Heroic CE, but I don't know and haven't seen any normal CE content drop personally.

What about Crux of Crota, you may then be compelled to ask? I don't believe they exist.

Edit: Nvm. Looks like it is confirmed.

Seems like I have to farm Crota on normal as well then. I want that sniper rifle.

Crux? One drop confirmed.

HunRevan

Yesterday was a good day. Finally, leveled Eris to max and could trade my energy to shards to get my hunter to 32. I soloed the abyss on hard and got an oversoul edict. Then I worked on my titan alt and got it to 27 from 16. Now I have 32 hunter, 31 warlock and 27 titan. Gotta get my titan to 30 today to finish the weekly stuff with her too.

Jinjo

Not sure what time certain people will be available but we may be firing up another proctology exam soon-ish.

I'm a prisoner of war work for the next 6 hours unfortunately, but after that I'm game.

You know, I just realized, I haven't played on First Light or that one Mars map for like three months!

Where's my First Light Bungie?!

They threw it out of control and in the vehicle playlist I think.

ocean

Banned
You know, I just realized, I haven't played on First Light or that one Mars map for like three months!

Where's my First Light Bungie?!
Both were removed from regular playlists and only show up in Combined Arms. For some inexplicable reason they haven't done the same with Skywatch which I think is bigger than Cosmodrome patrol.

Steroyd

so, thinking about starting some alts.
best way to get from 0 to 20?

Do nothing but heroic difficulty, just play the big story mission icons to unlock other planets faster, use crucible to get to the heroic level, and do as many bounties as you can possibly do, I got my 2 alt characters to level 20 only doing 7 story missions.

Guys, when do Exotic Bounties appear?

Is there a level restriction or are just random?

I think both, you have to be level 20 before they start randomly appearing.

Midas

Do nothing but heroic difficulty, just play the big story mission icons to unlock other planets faster, use crucible to get to the heroic level, and do as many bounties as you can possibly do, I got my 2 alt characters to level 20 only doing 7 story missions.

I would say skip harder difficulties. It's like 400 xp extra, it's not worth the time.

Ridwald

Guys, when do Exotic Bounties appear?

Is there a level restriction or are just random?

It seems pretty rare to have them before you're level 20 (but i sort of recall of a friend, i think, who had one before being 20), after that it's completely random. The only way to get them is to do your bounties regularly, the more bounties the better. If you have TDB, doing bounties for Eris can unlock an exotic weapon bounty with the vanguard/crucible bounties dealer as well !

Which should I use for my non-exotic arc sniper? LDR or Longbow? Just got Longbow ands it's perks seem better.

It's all about the perks. The vendor LDR is cool cause it has armor piercing rounds, which are very useful against the sword bearer when he hides behind rocks and walls

staypuft64

Neo Member
Finally got that bar-steward.

Took him down last night using the 2 bubble technique from the left; one guy on the middle balcony (to snipe Knights behind pillars, wizard and Ballerhorn Crota), others stayed left to focus ads, wizards and sword bearer and hit Crota. Then making sure we haul ass to the bottom right tower to destroy the Ogres early. Took us 4 swords and we finished while he was postulating with enrage - ignore the Oversoul! Worked a charm.

The reward for my troubles? A shiny Word of Crota :D One happy Guardian

MrS

Banned
Is there a light level requirement for hard Crota? My hunter is 24 and I want to get the first chest in hard CE.

recks

Is there a light level requirement for hard Crota? My hunter is 24 and I want to get the first chest in hard CE.
You need lv30 for Hard mode and lv27 for Normal. The first chest (behind the doors) is a single drop, so it doesn't matter if you get it on normal or hard.

Shito

You need lv30 for Hard mode and lv27 for Normal. The first chest (behind the doors) is a single drop, so it doesn't matter if you get it on normal or hard.
Moreover, you can't select hard mode until you beat Crota in normal mode first.

Jinjo

It's always three levels below the level of the content. So 27 for normal CE, 30 for hard CE. The chests don't give double loot so you're just as well off getting it on normal. In which case you need 3 more light levels.

Manp

It's all about the perks. The vendor LDR is cool cause it has armor piercing rounds, which are very useful against the sword bearer when he hides behind rocks and walls

i just got a solar LDR from a vanguard package with high caliber, armor piercing and skip rounds. hope that will take care of SB.
it also has clown cartridge which i like a lot.

Longbow is also great. same impact as Icebreaker and 5 rounds (i can get 8 with clown cartridge).

:)

Maxed out Fang of Ir Yut. Liking a lot. Definitely one of my favorites. Just wish Target mark was better especially if it could be seen through walls. Would help keep track of that pesky Swordbearer.

Word of Crota up next. Hopefully I remember not to get Hive Disruptor for it lol.

MrS

Banned
It's always three levels below the level of the content. So 27 for normal CE, 30 for hard CE. The chests don't give double loot so you're just as well off getting it on normal. In which case you need 3 more light levels.
Probably not going to be able to get it cause I can't even buy armour yet cause my vanguard rank is so low. Thanks for the replies.

Jinjo

I'm with #Teamfirsttry
onsixthattemp
for final Crota kill as well.

You were part of the OG Team First Try
hard
as well right? Let's assemble the Avengers again and get it done one final time this week.
Only to do it again tomorrow lol.

I need help carrying for the bridge part as well though. I needs the precious AR.

Is it's ability glitched too? I thought that was only for the Hammer...

Phantom Gift works in a similar fashion as White Nail. By "rapidly" they really mean "consecutive" again. Therefore explosive rounds and the hive disruptor perk (can) break the chain.

Greenymac

Maxed out Fang of Ir Yut. Liking a lot. Definitely one of my favorites. Just wish Target mark was better especially if it could be seen through walls. Would help keep track of that pesky Swordbearer.

Word of Crota up next. Hopefully I remember not to get Hive Disruptor for it lol.

So hive disruptor causes problems with the handcannon? Wtf

Well, it finally happened. I had a dream about Hard Mode Crota. In my dream Crota rushed me and tried to swipe at me. Then I woke up to my alarm. Talk about a rude awakening! And it only took five days to have a dream about the bugger. :p

Jinjo

Thinking about it all they really need to do is get rid of the "consecutive" requirement to fix it. It wouldn't help the Black Hammer as that thing only has three rounds in the mag anyway, and it slightly buffs the Word of Crota as well, cause it's pretty lackluster atm.

Hive disruptor might be worth it for the Word of Crota though depending on how much extra damage a single HC round does versus 3x hive major bonus damage. Most likely your DPS will be higher with the disruptor perk. Explosive rounds is another story though.

You were part of the OG Team First Try
hard
as well right? Let's assemble the Avengers again and get it done one final time this week.
Only to do it again tomorrow lol.

I was, and they told me not to tell anyone that we didn't kill him on first try so..

Oh shit

Nuszka

Would the hive disruptor be not better in the end, additional bullet from landing 3 precision shots with a 12 round mag is not that usefull in my opinion, think i would rather have the extra damage against hive majors and ultras. Will work on my Word of Crota tonight and decide later on.

Top Bottom