• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

LiK

Because that's what happens when you cheese it and never learn to do it properly.
Death goes from:

1) Just plain death by getting overwhelmed by enemies.
2) Not leaving the totem even when you're about to die (just say you need to leave to regen so the guy leave the middle pls...)
3) Leaving the totem and forgetting to let the others know about that.
4) Death by Hallowed Boomer on the far side.

I almost lost it when we got everybody to the other side and died by totems because one guy decided it was a good idea to step into the middle plate to get heavy ammo and stood there reloading his G-Horn. :(

LOL, I see. Man, sometimes I wish people who cheese would at least look up legit tactics on YouTube so they know the gist of it. Annoys me when people say they've only cheesed a spot and have zero clue about how to do it.

This drives me batty. I'm conditioned from my WoW days, where if everyone agrees to run something at a certain time, then everyone needs to be ready to go at that time. And if they're not, then someone else who is ready to go takes their place. Your situation was a little different, but I would've been so frustrated.

Eh, I'm not mad. You can't always be the 6th guy invited, sometimes you're the first. If party chat wasn't crapping out on me, I could have done other stuff until the group was ready, but I had to be in fireteam chat to talk to anyone last night. I can handle a slow to form group, if we can knock out the encounter fast, and I can tolerate lag if we didn't spend time getting together.

But both in one night...ugh.

I almost lost it when we got everybody to the other side and died by totems because one guy decided it was a good idea to step into the middle plate to get heavy ammo and stood there reloading his G-Horn. :( He thought the plate would not activate once everybody had passed.

Edit: That said, we did get Corridor-Deathsinger-Crota with no deaths, so it's all about them learning the bridge.

Holy shit that is a funny / awful way to wipe a flawless run. Makes me want to reload my GHorn while standing on a disappearing platform in the VoG jumps.

As I always said for VoG, the encounters didn't kill people but rather the stress. It was just normal Lv26 VoG for crying out loud, practically anyone now can play through it "flawlessly" if there was nothing on the line, so to speak.

LiK

Eh, I'm not mad. You can't always be the 6th guy invited, sometimes you're the first. If party chat wasn't crapping out on me, I could have done other stuff until the group was ready, but I had to be in fireteam chat to talk to anyone last night. I can handle a slow to form group, if we can knock out the encounter fast, and I can tolerate lag if we didn't spend time getting together.

But both in one night...ugh.

I would say 10 min to grab gear or finish up Weekly/NF is acceptable. Hell, I can even bear with people's real life stuff. But if they're just doing Bounties or playing PVP, quit that shit and join up. Waiting for people to join up is one of the biggest hassles with Raids.

E92 M3

Holy shit that is a funny / awful way to wipe a flawless run. Makes me want to reload my GHorn while standing on a disappearing platform in the VoG jumps.

As I always said for VoG, the encounters didn't kill people but rather the stress. It was just normal Lv26 VoG for crying out loud, practically anyone now can play through it "flawlessly" if there was nothing on the line, so to speak.

The jumping platforms are so hyped that everyone gets sweaty palms, knees are heavy and everyone becomes spaghetti.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I would say 10 min to grab gear or finish up Weekly/NF is acceptable. Hell, I can even bear with people's real life stuff. But if they're just doing Bounties or playing PVP, quit that shit and join up. Waiting for people to join up is one of the biggest hassles with Raids.

I like when parties form in a party before in the game. That way I can just do whatever before joining up and playing.

I see Titan hulk smashes are still OP in crucible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbGWaZVqxiM

Least I had the last laugh

B8R5BHkIMAEXPkZ.jpg

Homeboyd

Not really. The 2 best glimmer farming spots in the game don't require Black Wax. And now that I have all characters on 32 I don't need to convert energy into shards.

That said, I usually just wait for Xur tho.
Now Eris' main use for me is the opposite direction, shards to energy. Maxed 3 or 4 CE weapons and still have a bunch of energy, but I can see the use in converting shards to energy since I don't need the shards anymore.

LiK

we should be given a currency/mats conversion NPC in general. What's the point of of getting ass shards/energy when we're at level 32?

Yeah at least on VoG everybody knows what they have to do already. It's all about execution and getting no bugs.

It's hard to blame the guy when he doesn't know the encouter rules tho. Last night was all about learning. Now they need to practice so we can try again on the weekend.

Langy

I know it's day before reset day and everything but not had any chance for any raid this week yet..every time something looks promising real life shit happens instead :/

However i should have all today free and really want to do either one or both raids if possible.

Does anyone have anything ready to go soon or planned that i could join up in?

Lvl 31 on PSN, username Langoit.

Gonna jump on Resi Evil Remaster for a bit so if anything starts up pls invite me and i'll join up ASAP. Thanks

I find myself getting less tolerant about people going to the tower to get gear. I KNOW that I'm a unique butterfly, but I have one of everything that I need on all of my toons at this point. CE Hard Mode sure, but anything else...you should have a decent enough loadout on your toon to get it done. Put your VoC on one, and your FB on another. You don't NEED GHorn every time, just buy a RL with tracking. LDR is fine for the boomers, and if you don't pick up enough ammo, let someone know and get on rocket duty.

Edit: See, even thinking about Crota is making me cranky.

noomi

I like when parties form in a party before in the game. That way I can just do whatever before joining up and playing.

+1

This is why I always send out party chat invites 10-15 minutes before we do anything. People need to get ready, vault stuff, swap characters, finish up whatever, this way we can still talk to one another and get organized before hand.

Off-topic.... snow is here, supposed to get very bad tonight and into tomorrow. Tuesday work is closed, and Wednesday we will have a delayed opening. Looks like I'll be doing all my raids, nightfalls, weeklies...etc :D

we should be given a currency/mats conversion NPC in general. What's the point of of getting ass shards/energy when we're at level 32?

Upgrading Vanguard/Crucible/Iron Banner/Queens Wrath gear and weapons I guess.

Since I usually just skip to Raid Gear/Weapons I have no use for them.

bosseye

I need so many Radiant Shards, like 45 of the damm things to hit lvl 32 and I only have 4. I don't even want a Raid helmet from Crota as it will be just one more thing requiring shards.

For some reason I'm finding Eris bounties a real chore to do too, they seem to take forever so I'm not even Rank 2 with her yet. I'm a ways off changing energy for shards with her yet. And having said that I only have like 6 Radiant Energy too, so even if I was Rank 4 I still couldn't realistically do much more leveling of armour.

#forever 31 ha ha.

Get grinding.

I know it's day before reset day and everything but not had any chance for any raid this week yet..every time something looks promising real life shit happens instead :/

However i should have all today free and really want to do either one or both raids if possible.

Does anyone have anything ready to go soon or planned that i could join up in?

Lvl 31 on PSN, username Langoit.

Gonna jump on Resi Evil Remaster for a bit so if anything starts up pls invite me and i'll join up ASAP. Thanks

I still need:

1) Hard VoG with Warlock/Titan. Don't really care if I do this or not tho.
2) Hard CE Lanterns/Bridge with Hunter. I'd love some help to get this done. I can't solo the lanterns on hard yet.

I also decided to get the Rapier. So if I could somehow get 50 Crucible shards by the end of today (I have 1 lol), that would be great.

EL CUCO

I didn't know the Nechrochasm doesn't require any XP to level up. All you need is the Crux for insta-339 Nechrochasm.

That's awesome! GG, Bungie

LiK

I find myself getting less tolerant about people going to the tower to get gear. I KNOW that I'm a unique butterfly, but I have one of everything that I need on all of my toons at this point. CE Hard Mode sure, but anything else...you should have a decent enough loadout on your toon to get it done. Put your VoC on one, and your FB on another. You don't NEED GHorn every time, just buy a RL with tracking. LDR is fine for the boomers, and if you don't pick up enough ammo, let someone know and get on rocket duty.

Edit: See, even thinking about Crota is making me cranky.

yep, I rarely ever switch gear for anything. I only did it once cuz my raid crew wanted me to have a maxed weapon for my alt in CE HM. but I don't really care. Every character has a specific weapon set that I get used to. Switching gears is a hassle because of the load times.

yep, I rarely ever switch gear for anything. I only did it once cuz my raid wanted me to have a maxed weapon for my alt in CE HM. but I don't really care. Every character has a specific weapon set that I get used to. Switching gears is a hassle because of the load times.

You had 0 maxed weapons, LiK. :p

Jaeyden

Effrideet's spear is my new go to sniper in CE Hard. Rolled it with Spray and Play, Armor Piercing, and Final Round last week. It hits so hard and I can't overstate how awesome Armor Piercing is at Crota. Swordbearer can hide behind rocks all he wants. Ogre's get sniped while they are still behind the barriers. Deathsinger tries to hide? Nope. Makes sniping the Hallowed Boomer and Wizards at bridge even easier from awkward angles. Sorry Black Hammer, you've been replaced.

Effrideet's spear is my new go to sniper in CE Hard. Rolled it with Spray and Play, Armor Piercing, and Final Round last week. It hits so hard and I can't overstate how awesome Armor Piercing is at Crota. Swordbearer can hide behind rocks all he wants. Ogre's get sniped while they are still behind the barriers. Deathsinger tries to hide? Nope. Makes sniping the Hallowed Boomer and Wizards at bridge even easier from awkward angles. Sorry Black Hammer, you've been replaced.

Does armor piercing goes through the window? It would be awesome to snipe her from outside.

Namikaze1

I hate switching gears between characters. Thankfully, all three now have 331 primary and special weapons. My titan is the only one that has 331 heavy, my hunter has a maxed out 300 Gjallarhorn, and my Warlock can have the 331 Thunderlord in the bank once I decide to log on.

LiK

I hate switching gears between characters. Thankfully, all three now have 331 primary and special weapons. My titan is the only one that has 331 heavy, my hunter has a maxed out 300 Gjallarhorn, and my Warlock can have the 331 Thunderlord in the bank once I decide to log on.

I maxed all three Vexes just to never have to switch them. i'm currently leveling my two Ballerhorns with my Alts. Also have Ice Breakers on all three characters.

noomi

So.... after the past few days of perfecting Crota hard mode strats, the best one for us is the team moving in-front of the glass, the sword carrier does no damage against ads, grabs swords and goes up alone (blade-dancer). For ogres move to room under boomers.... done.

Did I miss anything? I know some people still use the titan bubble tactic, but it's not really necessary anymore.

So.... after the past few days of perfecting Crota hard mode strats, the best one for us is the team moving in-front of the glass, the sword carrier does no damage against ads, grabs swords and goes up alone (blade-dancer). For ogres move to room under boomers.... done.

Did I miss anything? I know some people still use the titan bubble tactic, but it's not really necessary anymore.

Nope. That's it. Just remember to jump down from the window when Crota panic enrages because if you don't thralls will kill you through the window (this needs a fix bungie).

No bubble, we use your strategy up top.

Is it confirmed that if the sword carrier does no damage against ads, he can wait on the rock in front of the sword bearer door and not take any damage?

LiK

Is it confirmed that if the sword carrier does no damage against ads, he can wait on the rock in front of the sword bearer door and not take any damage?

I heard of this too but I don't think anyone I played with tried this.

Bunch of ppl tested it. It's not consistent tho.

Worked for our group. Didnt work for Kadey's group.

Make sure to have someone on boomer duty just to be safe.

Lnkn52

If you have a titan in your group, you can always setup a bubble near the left door so your party won't get hit by boomers when going in for the rotation.

noomi

Nope. That's it. Just remember to jump down from the window when Crota panic enrages because if you don't thralls will kill you through the window (this needs a fix bungie).

Good tip about the thralls, will keep that in mind for tomorrow, thanks ;)

We did this a day or two ago and it seemed to work, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything good hehe.

Worked for us, but might not be effective 100% of the time, will try again tomorrow x3.

If you have a titan in your group, you can always setup a bubble near the left door so your party won't get hit by boomers when going in for the rotation.

I just don't go in. If Crota is on the right, I duck in the left window. If Crota is on the left, I duck in the right window.

Bunch of ppl tested it. It's not consistent tho.

Worked for our group. Didnt work for Kadey's group.

Make sure to have someone on boomer duty just to be safe.

Yeah, the Boomers can be real inconsitant. I'm getting better at knowing when they are aggro'd. One time I was just scoped in, staring at them while they stared back. Everyone's like "boomers man, shoot them!". Nope. If they aren't aggro'd, I leave them alone.

That said, their stare hypnotized me, and I forgot to move when Crota went right and got dead.

I just don't go in. If Crota is on the right, I duck in the left window. If Crota is on the left, I duck in the right window.

This helps keep the Boomers from aggro'ing. No one needs to cross in front of them.

Top Bottom