• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

With double rolls, did anyone get both the Fang & Word off of a single Crota fight this week? Going to give him Hell tonight until I beat him.

I didn't see anyone get 2 primary weapons from a single HM Crota over the maybe 15 clears I did last week. The lucky ones got Fang + Word from the clears on their 3 characters. I got the Fang twice and no weapon once.

realcZk

I know I'm the only one who seemingly l likes Word of Crota, but why does it kinda sucks? It does more damage than FB, has a faster rate of fire, and reloads faster. How does that suck...?

I don't have WoC yet but I assume its pretty good. Sure, some stats are lower than FB like impact and range, but I imagine those shortcomings are made up by the faster rate of fire/reload and hammer forged if you wanna roll that way. Quickly landing three precision shots in a row is easy with a handcannon (especially if it lets you take as long between shots as the black hammer does) so people should be activating the perk pretty regularly.

Outlaw+Firefly are great perks for a handcannon IMO, the fatebringer is just fun as hell to shoot and pretty damn satisfying to pop a head and watch thrall shrapnel collide with other mobs. I think firefly really shines in arc burn nightfalls since it does arc damage, and you can't deny fatebringer's usefulness during the abyss section of Crota's End. Few things are more satisfying than popping a thrall and watching 20 more explode right before they were about to maul your fireteam member to pieces.

I've currently been using my fang of ir yut and have been pretty pleased with its performance thus far. Would love to snag a WoC eventually.

LTWood12

I didn't see anyone get 2 primary weapons from a single HM Crota over the maybe 15 clears I did last week. The lucky ones got Fang + Word from the clears on their 3 characters. I got the Fang twice and no weapon once.

i figured that was the case. is one of the weapons guaranteed on the first clear?

What would it take for you to do a 16th this fine evening to help out a struggling lieutenant.

Perk-wise the auto rifle seems far superior.

Probably true, I have both but they're un-leveled so I haven't used the perks hands on.

The problem is comparing the weapon classes themselves ever since ARs were nerfed and SRs were buffed. HCs are my PvP go-to but I'd pick ARs over SRs on most maps if forced to choose. For PvE, ARs are just too weak and don't mesh well with many PvE activities (similar to shotties vs. snipers/FRs).

I know I'm the only one who seemingly l likes Word of Crota, but why does it kinda sucks? It does more damage than FB, has a faster rate of fire, and reloads faster. How does that suck...?

I like it cause its something new to look at. Fatebringer is starting to burn an image into my brain cause its always equipped.

I was being a little facetious, but I've never used FB; I just got one to drop this weekend so I have no idea how they compare. So if you're comparing WoC to that then sure it sounds great. I'm coming from the perspective of why would I equip WoC over anything else in the primary slot? I can't think of any.

i figured that was the case. is one of the weapons guaranteed on the first clear?

What would it take for you to do a 16th this fine evening to help out a struggling lieutenant.

No guaranteed weapon for the first HM clear. It would be interesting if someone had a character that never cleared normal but did HM first. No idea if that would guarantee a primary...

lol I'll be around all day/evening (EST) in one form or fashion. I might be trying to do something stupid like solo hm crota but otherwise I'm happy to help whenever.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I don't have WoC yet but I assume its pretty good. Sure, some stats are lower than FB like impact and range, but I imagine those shortcomings are made up by the faster rate of fire/reload and hammer forged if you wanna roll that way. Quickly landing three precision shots in a row is easy with a handcannon (especially if it lets you take as long between shots as the black hammer does) so people should be activating the perk pretty regularly.

Outlaw+Firefly are great perks for a handcannon IMO, the fatebringer is just fun as hell to shoot and pretty damn satisfying to pop a head and watch thrall shrapnel collide with other mobs. I think firefly really shines in arc burn nightfalls since it does arc damage, and you can't deny fatebringer's usefulness during the abyss section of Crota's End. Few things are more satisfying than popping a thrall and watching 20 more explode right before they were about to maul your fireteam member to pieces.

I've currently been using my fang of ir yut and have been pretty pleased with its performance thus far. Would love to snag a WoC eventually.

I use my MIDA on that first part of Crota and just outrun everything. :) FB is one of the best guns in the game (still), so I can definitely appreciate its awesomeness. Most people say WoC isn't so good because of its relatively low impact, but I honestly don't know how that translates in-game.

LTWood12

No guaranteed weapon for the first HM clear. It would be interesting if someone had a character that never cleared normal but did HM first. No idea if that would guarantee a primary...

lol I'll be around all day/evening (EST) in one form or fashion. I might be trying to do something stupid like solo hm crota but otherwise I'm happy to help whenever.

Sounds good Boguester. hope to talk to you this fine evening.

What the... do I just like the guns that everyone else hates?! Haha, I think MIDA is best scout rifle in game.

Such overrated perks. Firefly is good against trash mobs in certain sections of the game. Outlaw is good but WoC has reload buffs which are better imo, since it doesn't require a precision kill.

I'm with you on both of those. MIDA is the best scout in the game (although my Badger with firefly and luck in the chamber would have something to say about that). Impact isn't the best but it's other perks are awesome.

I also agree that Firefly is fairly situational. Spray and Play is, in my opinion, the best reload perk as it only requires the mag to be empty.

I managed to get every raid primary besides Word (which I'm hearing isn't even that good).

What's so great about the Fang? I was just going to level up the auto rifle.

stb

Any groups doing the following this evening after 7pm Eastern?

- HM VoG (Oracles -> Atheon)
- Normal CE (whole thing)
- HM CE and wouldn't mind a dragging a 31 titan with maxed IB and Horn through it (whatever portion of it we can do)

PSN Berried_treasurE

LTWood12

What's your PSN Bogue?

compared to Suros or in general?

According to his test Focus Fire will increase damage by about 30% but decrease RoF by about 66%, reducing the overall damage per second value (just like Suros). The upside is that you can land almost every hit as crit with FF on.

No drop on Hard Crota was a huge letdown in light of the new smart loot drop system and for how long we beat our heads against it. It is ant-climactic to take him down and just come away with a fugly shader and watch everyone else get something cool.

realcZk

I managed to get every raid primary besides Word (which I'm hearing isn't even that good).

What's so great about the Fang? I was just going to level up the auto rifle.

im assuming in terms of raid primaries, the fang is the king of overall sustained dps output against hive majors, which can be pretty important since they take a shitload of damage to drop in hardmode CE. if scout rifles are your thing, that's awesome and you will be pleased wth the fang, but I don't feel like it makes enough of a difference to warrant using it over a gun type you prefer like the word of crota or abyss defiant.

protip if you are using the abyss defiant, people are avoiding focused fire because it actually causes a net loss of DPS (bullets do more damage but gun doesn't fire fast enough to break even), so hip fire might be the way to roll in PvE, if you care about doing the most dps with it, especially against hive majors with more chance to proc hive disruptor.

Anyone use MIDA on boomer duty? Im assuming stagger perk would help a lot and keep dmg low as to not spawn the wizard with knight kills. Usually use ice breaker but there has been times I have gotten both knights really low because they both are trying to shoot sword.

#Foreverboomerduty

E92 M3

No drop on Hard Crota was a huge letdown in light of the new smart loot drop system and for how long we beat our heads against it. It is ant-climactic to take him down and just come away with a fugly shader and watch everyone else get something cool.

I never did normal and got 3 weapon drops on each kill. Seems like the game only allows one weapon from Crota per week.

So what's the general consensus on the defiant vs the fang?

Two different beasts. The AR is the slayer of wizards though.

WipedOut

wait, so if you did it on normal you won't get weapon drops on Hard?

Ambitious

Question about HM Crota: In yesterday's run, someone from the team suggested to jump down from the ledge when Crota enrages. I had serious audio issues, so I might have misheard that. And I wasn't able to understand the explanation at all, as the audio kept cutting out.
However, when he enraged, two or three others indeed jumped down and were promptly killed by the Gatekeeper. I stayed on the ledge and kept shooting Crota, but it was too late. We were killed by the Oversoul.

What was that about? What possible reason could there be to leave the ledge?
I couldn't ask them afterwards either, as I was in a real hurry and had to leave.

Dazzler

spent the weekend getting my alt warlock up to level 29, most of that spent scrounging around for Hadronic Essence

Good to go with two characters for the weekly reset on Tuesday, feels good man

maxiell

I have seen this a few times and although I possess no way to be sure, I think you are on the money.

Homeboyd

So what's the general consensus on the defiant vs the fang?
Fang is top tier. Best of the new batch.

Abyss is a good all around AR, but I just rarely use AR's ever. It's disorienting wizards upgrade is very nice though. Great for an AR, but Fang is just a better weapon overall.

Anyone use MIDA on boomer duty? Im assuming stagger perk would help a lot and keep dmg low as to not spawn the wizard with knight kills. Usually use ice breaker but there has been times I have gotten both knights really low because they both are trying to shoot sword.

#Foreverboomerduty

Haven't tried it. Ice Breaker staggers plenty and takes them out with 6 crits. Most times you can ignore the 2nd boomer as they usually ignore the sword carrier. One Headshot is enough to distract them if they waver.

LiK

#Foreverboomerduty

Ice Breaker has been hit or miss with Boomer Duty in recent days. It seemed to work with my main but even when I hit them in the fucking head, they still go after the Sword Master. I ended up just switching to VoC to make them raise their shields. They seem to like ignoring getting shot. I've ended up getting them to very low health as a result.

Haven't tried it. Ice Breaker staggers plenty and takes them out with 6 crits. Most times you can ignore the 2nd boomer as they usually ignore the sword carrier. One Headshot is enough to distract them if they waver.

even staggering them no longer takes away their attention from the Sword Master from my HM runs.

realcZk

So, has anyone seen a raid special/heavy weapon drop in hardmode CE yet? I've done it 3 times and have not seen them at any checkpoint. Wondering if they will be normal mode only, or if they will eventually be added into HM.

Jinjo

Question about HM Crota: In yesterday's run, someone from the team suggested to jump down from the ledge when Crota enrages. I had serious audio issues, so I might have misheard that. And I wasn't able to understand the explanation at all, as the audio kept cutting out.
However, when he enraged, two or three others indeed jumped down and were promptly killed by the Gatekeeper. I stayed on the ledge and kept shooting Crota, but it was too late. We were killed by the Oversoul.

I couldn't ask them afterwards either, as I was in a real hurry and had to leave.

Thralls spawn in the crystal room behind you and can hit you through the shield. Going to either left or right might have been a better option yeah.

lunlunqq

I spent all my gaming time last night with a good team on my first HM Crota try and didn't get him down. We used the proven strategy, used the heavy ammo trick, generated a lot orbs in the beginning. We did everything but we still got screwed by problems/glitches such as swordbearer hidding away from us, sword disappearing on drop, crota magically seeing the invisible sword holder, etc... Some of these happened when we got Crota down to just one swing away from death... Just one more hit and the sword disappeared...

While I ain't even mad because the team really have done everything right, I can see why people hate this fight this much.

Now the problem is shall I try this again tonight? Or just do 3 quick Atheon runs to try to get some exotics.

lazybum

Neo Member

thrall can melee you from behind up top during enrage (and other random times,when they shouldn't).

Looking to get a group together for VoG hard. Also looking to get it done relatively fast. PSN is Reignofsparrows

1. Reignofsparrows
2. Sparrows' friend

Top Bottom