• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

patchday

Fatebringer.. Midas Tool... Hawkmoon.. Black Hammer...

So many guns needs leveling. I dont mean to sound ungrateful this game has truly rained down loot from the sky upon my humble guardians. But its going to take quite awhile to get these guns up to snuff

Deku Tree

I think I'm close to hitting 200 Ass shards. I know for sure I'm already over 200 with energy.

Here's mine.... 429 & 591 ....

k005Vsi.jpg

Almost 600 ass shards and about 370 ass energy in my vault. Did Hard Atheon 3x last night. Got a bit more plus a Vex which immediately became another exotic shard

I didn't know the Nechrochasm doesn't require any XP to level up. All you need is the Crux for insta-339 Nechrochasm.

That's awesome! GG, Bungie

Hmm...unless I misunderstood the latest PD video. http://youtu.be/axWbtrbDDNM
Edit: video states no XP required to unlock all of its abilities and starts at 339. Maybe it does still take XP to raise it's attack value...?

That's still great news!

Oh yeah GG Bungie. If that's right I hope it is an indication of how exotic upgrades will work in the HoW DLC.

KeRaSh

Serious question: Why are people so in love with the Fang scout rifle? The perks seem very underwhelming to me. Is it because people loved the VoC so much and project that love on this new version? Am I missing something?

KxoZz

I just don't go in. If Crota is on the right, I duck in the left window. If Crota is on the left, I duck in the right window.
This.
Same after ogres. Instead of risking our lives going up the stairs past the cursed thralls we go through the middle, jump up in the middle and hide by the window.

LiK

Serious question: Why are people so in love with the Fang scout rifle? The perks seem very underwhelming to me. Is it because people loved the VoC so much and project that love on this new version? Am I missing something?

people are comparing it to the Fatebringer more than VoC because of the Arc damage.

Jinjo

Because it's the least crappy new raid primary from a steaming pile of crap.

If I beat VoG on Normal the first time, any subsequent Normal runs will not yield me any loot from the chests, correct?

When completing the raid on Hard without having completed normal, at each drop point the player will receive a loot reward for both Normal and Hard. Chest #3 will give two rewards, one for Normal and one for Hard. Subsequent attempts on Normal mode will not drop any loot, nor will any chest contain a reward.
source:http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_of_Glass

noomi

Dat stability & impact!

Also, I bet we see a bunch of posts about the crux of crota dropping tomorrow, in b4 crux!

So I think my addiction has been broken.

I played the beta for this game, didn't really like it. Picked up the game only cause gamestop called and said my game was ready for pickup. I had completely forgotten about it. Was forever 29, hit 30, DLC drops and everyone is 31. Crota raid drops and I'm still playing. About 800 hours in and for the first time I got bored. Think I'll come back once the next raid drops.

PS: Still no horn, or fatebringer. I also ran up to Crota on hard with two characters With no weapon drops.

Edit: I also injured my middle finger so gripping the controller has been a little bit harder. Maybe once that heals I'll be sucked back in :p

I was at this point as well then drops started raining from the skies and I became reinvigorated. Saint-14 finally dropping for me started it all.

Jinjo

If I beat VoG on Normal the first time, any subsequent Normal runs will not yield me any loot from the chests, correct?

When completing the raid on Hard without having completed normal, at each drop point the player will receive a loot reward for both Normal and Hard. Chest #3 will give two rewards, one for Normal and one for Hard. Subsequent attempts on Normal mode will not drop any loot, nor will any chest contain a reward.

Correct. This lasts until the weekly reset on tuesday, then you can run through all the content again for drops.

LiK

there will always be loot after weekly reset.

If you activate the disruptor... it will take Phantom Gift away.

I think its worth it to just throw on disruptor.

Doesn't the phantom gift only stops working when you use it on hive majors? In that case its not as big of a loss as BH since BH is designed to rip apart hive majors while Crota canon is more like a general weapon against all common enemies. You don't encounter Hive majors for 90% of the time so I don't mind giving up that perk.

E92 M3

Can I has Sapphire Wire?

Sure, I will never use that many.

Crazy, I also have exactly 241 coins. I don't understand how you have so many unused rad materials though.

I only upgrade weapons that truly deserve it (Black Hammer and Fang). Other than that, the 2 level differential for damage is minor.

oh snap dat medallion of fail

Tried to get 5 before IB ended, but didn't feel like purposely sabotaging matches lol.

That's a lot of radiants. Three characters at 32 with that much saved?

I made 2 extra hunters when TDB came out, so everything is shared.

Is anyone who has beaten HM Crota willing to help me get through this lame-ass boss fight tonight around 9pm (EST)? I've spent about 14-16 hours trying to clear and still got nothing. I'm determined to beat it before the reset, though. 32 Warlock, I mostly play DPS since I've got a Gjallahorn.

Well, that was a pretty crappy weekend. Had to send all day Saturday helping a friend move, and then all day yesterday entertaining the parents.

Did I miss anything of note?

LiK

Can I has Sapphire Wire?

just Glimmer farm and buy the helms from Vanguard QM. that's how I I maxed my alts.

Well, that was a pretty crappy weekend. Had to send all day Saturday helping a friend move, and then all day yesterday entertaining the parents.

Did I miss anything of note?

Luke provided the best reply to future changes to Destiny.

I beat Crota HM with all three characters.

I got Fatebringer, finally.

patchday

Sure, I will never use that many.

I only upgrade weapons that truly deserve it (Black Hammer and Fang). Other than that, the 2 level differential for damage is minor.

Tried to get 5 before IB ended, but didn't feel like purposely sabotaging matches lol.

I made 2 extra hunters when TDB came out, so everything is shared.

Yeah I stopped at IB rank 4 too. Just didnt have any steam left.

That stuff feels rarer to me than radiant shards. On alts the class materials are always a big roadblock in levelling up.

I have to second this. I think I bitched about it just yesterday. I thought that once I got my toons to 30, the class mat grind would finally come to an end. But nooooo, now I have to do it all over again with raid armor, and even worse, exotic armor. Fuck. Always out of platesteel and hardonic stuff. I would totally be rocking some awesome gear that let me regen health by picking up an orb if I had an abundance of mats. Instead, I'll stick to Suros.

Jinjo

Sadly not. Might just do Exclusion Zone for an hour at some points I want to have 40 heavy ammo synths for tomorrow - currently at 25.

Surely someone on GAF must have the normal GK checkpoint for us to steal. Let's see tonight. First I wanna do a Crota HM run and after that we'll see how much I feel like farming still lol.

Because it's the least crappy new raid primary from a steaming pile of crap.

Idk, I really like the Oversoul Edict and I hate pulse rifles, plus I've heard good things about the auto rifle.

Word of Crota kinda sucks so I'll give you that. I'll only be pulling that one out for void weeklies.

Omni

No bubble, we use your strategy up top.

Is it confirmed that if the sword carrier does no damage against ads, he can wait on the rock in front of the sword bearer door and not take any damage?

Someone on my team did this yesterday. I remember specifically thinking why he was able to do so. So it's plausible at least

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Ran out of vault space and my characters had none as well. Had to dismantle all the dupe exotics and got 12 exotic shards :lol

It's kinda painful to dismantle some weapons like Hawkmoon.

LiK

Idk, I really like the Oversoul Edict and I hate pulse rifles, plus I've heard good things about the auto rifle.

Word of Crota kinda sucks so I'll give you that. I'll only be pulling that one out for void weeklies.

I really like the Abyss Defiant so far. The ability to switch between hip fire bonus or zoomed in for additional dmg is really great for people who prefer one mode over another. It also sounds better than the Suros. Can't wait to get Perfect Balance for it. I wish it had better Impact tho.

MrS

Banned
Surely someone on GAF must have the normal GK checkpoint for us to steal. Let's see tonight. First I wanna do a Crota HM run and after that we'll see how much I feel like farming still lol.
Somebody must have it.

We still gonna finish the raid with the homies AlphaHelix et al? I want to get in on that - still pissed we couldn't do it yesterday.

rNilla

Somebody must have it.

We still gonna finish the raid with the homies AlphaHelix et al? I want to get in on that - still pissed we couldn't do it yesterday.

I'm pretty sure I have the normal farm checkpoint if either of you need it later.

Also Dr Dezztinay ^^^^^

I really like the Abyss Defiant so far. The ability to switch between hip fire bonus or zoomed in for additional dmg is really great for people who prefer one mode over another. It also sounds better than the Suros. Can't wait to get Perfect Balance for it. I wish it had better Impact tho.

Suros does more dmg per hit. But it feels like Abyss defiant has a slightly faster fire rate under focus fire.

I really like it, especially for dealing with wizards.

Seep

Fang is okay but it's no VOC also the marker perk is useless you can't see the target through obstacles so what's the point?

How are you guys stopping the Knights running through the glass in the crystal room before the barrier drops? It's getting very annoying.

Top Bottom