• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

E92 M3

Fang is okay but it's no VOC also the marker perk is useless you can't see the target through obstacles so what's the point?

How are you guys stopping the Knights running through the glass in the crystal room before the barrier drops? It's getting very annoying.

I'd say Fang is better than VOC - with VOC only have full auto for it's advantage. At this point, though, I am used to firing scout rifles without it.

boofa

Neo Member
Surely someone on GAF must have the normal GK checkpoint for us to steal. Let's see tonight. First I wanna do a Crota HM run and after that we'll see how much I feel like farming still lol.

I desperately need a Crota HM kill as my group struck out all weekend because of random red connections. I also have a gatekeeper normal CP to go along with my 32 Warlock and Ghorn :)

No love for Exclusion Zone? Why sir?

It feels lonely.

Running in circles super-ing the fuck out of Vex majors while shooting the shit with Destiny-friends on mic is fun to me, in and of itself.

There's a couple Destiny "projects" I want to work on today, including some type of detailed GK farm strat post. First things first right now: solo HM Templar for the lulz.

it's a good alt when you can't wait for someone to give CP and you can solo it more easily.

True.

I always stash my GK beads and cash them in when I need glimmer but a team isn't available. Hasn't been an issue yet.

Fang is okay but it's no VOC also the marker perk is useless you can't see the target through obstacles so what's the point?

How are you guys stopping the Knights running through the glass in the crystal room before the barrier drops? It's getting very annoying.

ADS them. Triggers their AI for football-swim-move evasion.

Their AI also seems to be triggered if you pop Defender bubbles, so be careful.

realcZk

according to damage calculations Focused Fire on Abyss Defiant is awful. Massive reduction in damage.

i've barely used the gun but there was definitely a noticeable damage increase when using focused fire (at least for crit shots). whether or not it provides more overall DPS or not I didn't bother checking.

EDIT: just checked that reddit post... so it does increase bullet damage by 33% per bullet, but the gun fires 61% slower so it's a net loss of DPS

Seep

I'd say Fang is better than VOC - with VOC only have full auto for it's advantage. At this point, though, I am used to firing scout rifles without it.

Higher stability higher base mag and full auto, these raid weapons seem a step back from VOG.

I actually haven't seen that happen once yet. Guess I've been lucky...

Very lucky, it was happening 9/10 times the other night left knight right knight and just to piss us off even more both together. Shit was infuriating.

LiK

i've barely used the gun but there was definitely a noticeable damage increase when using focused fire (at least for crit shots). whether or not it provides more overall DPS or not I didn't bother checking.

I tested it during a Roc strike. it was a 20+ HP difference with ADS against the Nexus, iirc.

E92 M3

Higher stability higher base mag and full auto, these raid weapons seem a step back from VOG.

Very lucky, it was happening 9/10 times the other night left knight right knight and just to piss us off even more both together. Shit was infuriating.

Overall the weapons are a step down, but the Fang's stability is a nonissue and it has Spray 'n Play which makes reloading trivial. Full auto is the cool thing about the VOC.

WipedOut

Still need to fight Crota one more time tonight on xbox1 if anyone wants to get a team together, I have Crota Checkpoint. Still looking for a word of crota. Got fang on both of my other runs. PM me and I'll add you to the list, will probably start about 9pm eastern.

1. WipedOut

Jinjo

Somebody must have it.

We still gonna finish the raid with the homies AlphaHelix et al? I want to get in on that - still pissed we couldn't do it yesterday.

Seems drizzy & rodiard got our backs. Seems like it, but I think a few might not make it until late and others can't run it late. So it might not happen.

No love for Exclusion Zone? Why sir?

Thank you

The music man, the music. That's why.

patchday

Ran out of vault space and my characters had none as well. Had to dismantle all the dupe exotics and got 12 exotic shards :lol

It's kinda painful to dismantle some weapons like Hawkmoon.

Wish they'd up the vault space. I'm getting rdy to get my dismantle on

It feels lonely.

Running in circles super-ing the fuck out of Vex majors while shooting the shit with Destiny-friends on mic is fun to me, in and of itself.

There's a couple Destiny "projects" I want to work on today, including some type of detailed GK farm strat post. First things first right now: solo HM Templar for the lulz.

True.

I always stash my GK beads and cash them in when I need glimmer but a team isn't available. Hasn't been an issue yet.

Hey man. If you're around this evening, I wouldn't mind doing a little glimmer farming before reset if you need someone to join or if you have the CP.

EL CUCO

according to damage calculations Focused Fire on Abyss Defiant is awful. Massive reduction in damage compared to hip fire..

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...damage_comparison_abyss_defiant_vs_vision_of/
Where it shines is Hive Majors and Wizards. It's a very situational weapon, and it does OK in PVP. Surprisingly, I do better with the PR in PVP than this one. At the very least, I'd put it miles above AE. Overall, probably somewhere around Shadow Price/Vanquisher. The Solar damage is nice, but Suros is still king.

EDIT: just checked that reddit post... so it does increase bullet damage by 33% per bullet, but the gun fires 61% slower so it's a net loss of DPS

for susained DPS against Hive majors hip fire would be better since more bullets = more chances for Hive Disruptor. Focused Fire would be more useful in PVP.

noomi

Question....

Does anyone know if Crota can roll double exotics? Meaning if I complete normal mode crota, do I still have a chance at an exotic after beating him in hard mode?

I know deathsinger loot doesn't give you 2 rolls, if you complete normal you get NOTHING from hard :(

LiK

Where it shines is Hive Majors and Wizards. It's a very situational weapon, and it does OK in PVP. Surprisingly, I do better with the PR in PVP than this one. At the very least, I'd put it miles above AE. Overall, probably somewhere around Shadow Price/Vanquisher. The Solar damage is nice, but Suros is still king.

for susained DPS against Hive majors hip fire would be better since more bullets = more chances for Hive Disruptor. Focused Fire would be more useful in PVP.

some dude in PVP outgunned my Vex with a Defiant. the faster RoF was the main issue. It's pretty nuts. Once I get Perfect Balance, I'll try it in PVP.

Still need to fight Crota one more time tonight on xbox1 if anyone wants to get a team together. Still looking for a word of crota. Got fang on both of my other runs. PM me and I'll add you to the list, will probably start about 9pm eastern.

1. WipedOut
If you would let a 31 join I can run with my warlock. Cleared it twice already with my titan so know the strategy. Have maxed hoc and black hammer.

Will understand if you want to get it done with all 32s.

Seep

ADS them. Triggers their AI for football-swim-move evasion.

Their AI also seems to be triggered if you pop Defender bubbles, so be careful.

ADS did nothing but the bubble was up from what I remember even though we pop it after radar comes back up just before barriers drop and still they're already swinging swords at us.

Overall the weapons are a step down, but the Fang's stability is a nonissue and it has Spray 'n Play which makes reloading trivial. Full auto is the cool thing about the VOC.

Yeah Spray 'n Play is nice even better with chain of woe.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Idk, I really like the Oversoul Edict and I hate pulse rifles, plus I've heard good things about the auto rifle.

Word of Crota kinda sucks so I'll give you that. I'll only be pulling that one out for void weeklies.

I know I'm the only one who seemingly l likes Word of Crota, but why does it kinda sucks? It does more damage than FB, has a faster rate of fire, and reloads faster. How does that suck...?

Question....

Does anyone know if Crota can roll double exotics? Meaning is I complete normal mode crota, do I still have a chance at an exotic after beating him in hard mode?

I know deathsinger loot doesn't give you 2 rolls, if you complete normal you get NOTHING from hard :(

I don't think anyone knows for sure, whether Crota, left Gorgon chest or Atheon. We do know:

(1) HM Atheon- Vex and "any other exotic" are separate rolls, you can get 1 of each

(2) I'm not aware of anyone getting an exotic, on the same character in the same week, from both normal and hard Gorgons. Would be interesting to hear if anyone is sure about this happening to them...

some dude in PVP outgunned my Vex with a Defiant. the faster RoF was the main issue. It's pretty nuts. Once I get Perfect Balance, I'll try it in PVP.
I was having some challenging encounters against it yesterday, too. Be sure to keep us posted! I've been focusing on leveling up my Fang, then I'll get around to my Abyss.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I want to love the MIDA, but it's just too weak for my liking =/

What the... do I just like the guns that everyone else hates?! Haha, I think MIDA is best scout rifle in game.

People REALLY like firefly and outlaw.

Such overrated perks. Firefly is good against trash mobs in certain sections of the game. Outlaw is good but WoC has reload buffs which are better imo, since it doesn't require a precision kill.

WipedOut

Still need to fight Crota one more time tonight on xbox1 if anyone wants to get a team together. Still looking for a word of crota. Got fang on both of my other runs. PM me and I'll add you to the list, will probably start about 9pm eastern.

1. WipedOut - Lvl 32 Hunter
2. Misterthirsty - Lvl 31 Warlock

Anyone really good with the sword?

I will say, the Mida-Multi Tool has the best trigger squeeze and feedback than any gun in any shooter I have ever played. It is an absolute joy to use.

E92 M3

Even though I don't have it, it's a very good sign that the Necrochasm comes fully upgraded. Good work on Bungie's behalf.

ADS did nothing but the bubble was up from what I remember even though we pop it after radar comes back up just before barriers drop and still they're already swinging swords at us..

ADS can influence their movement, but it doesn't control it. They are wild and crazy guys.

If it is a serious problem everyone can just stay up on the doors like in the bottom right tower vs. ogres. Also, it's a good opportunity for building team communication: I'm facing the right side so hopefully I can trust my teammate to call out if a knight is charging from the left side.

LiK

What the... do I just like the guns that everyone else hates?! Haha, I think MIDA is best scout rifle in game.

it is. hair trigger + faster mobility already makes it a pretty great PVP gun. I just wish it had optional auto-fire. an exotic should have that, imo.

E92 M3

Such overrated perks. Firefly is good against trash mobs in certain sections of the game. Outlaw is good but WoC has reload buffs which are better imo, since it doesn't require a precision kill.

I like guns with more punch - it doesn't feel like it hits hard enough and it's certainly not the best choice of exotic.

LTWood12

With double rolls, did anyone get both the Fang & Word off of a single Crota fight this week? Going to give him Hell tonight until I beat him.

KeRaSh

people are comparing it to the Fatebringer more than VoC because of the Arc damage.

I thought Fatebringer was in style because of the Firefly perk. Arc damage was a nice little bonus.

Because it's the least crappy new raid primary from a steaming pile of crap.

Perk-wise the auto rifle seems far superior.

Dat stability & impact!

Yeah, it seems exactly like a normal scout rifle. The perks aren't something to write home about, though. Active radar while ADSing is near useless in PvE, faster reload with an empty mag isn't a game changer and I'm not sure what highlighting enemies even does.

I would use the MIDA more if it weren't for the fact that I prefer the Vex these days.

I'll have to play with the Vex more often. I put mine in the vault for the 2 kills with a fusion bounty, and left it there. So many guns, so little time. I wish they leveled faster so I could play with them.

Top Bottom