• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

I have noticed that only the side the SC goes to will boomers even notice so we ignore the other side. We have 1 person on permanent boomer duty so as sword carrier goes up we engage the one near side boomer in continuous stunlock. The other boomer usually ignores, but if they do pay attention, 1 shot was usually enough to get them off.

Yep, jumping from the sides is super important in HM, given the Boomers bullet-spongey-faces. Like you said, there's generally only 1 Boomer you really have to worry about and only while the sword runner is attacking.

As much as it pains me to admit, Hunters are easily the best/easiest sword runners for HM Crota right now. I use my BDancer super invis on my first approach, then either blink strike or fall back to the rock and crouch-invis for the second shield break. You can jump up way early and start smacking away. Just be careful to not get more than 14 total R2s over the first two swords. Then get 15-17 on shield break #5 for an easy finish on the final, enraged shield break.

Theoretically it should be reasonable to do 14 total R2s across the first two swords then hit him hard for another 4 R2s on the 5th shield break to kill him before he could enrage due to low health. As long as you are aware of the crystal thralls, the enraged shield break isn't any different than the first 5 (edit) so it's not really a great risk/reward to potentially push the 5th combo too hard.

PuMa

No one speaks about Oversoul Eddict :( . It's been the only weapon that has dropped for me. So any reviews?

I've seen a few mentions. I don't have it yet, but many people seemed surprised that it was actually pretty decent, even for a PR with low impact.

I have everything except for Word and just fully leveled my Fang, still working on defiant. So far I would say Fang is on Par with VOC if not better.

I think if the Fang was full.semi auto then it might be OP, maybe that is why they excluded it. The thing packs some punch.

Yeah. I just hate pulling triggers. Auto on a Scout is a game changer to me.

Fang is strictly outclassed by the vendor SRs IMO, except for Arc damage and Hive Disruptor. Regardless, those 2 attributes still make it useful for a good amount of content in the game, and I'm fine with having to carry a more diverse loadout for different situations.

Call me crazy also, but Oversoul Edict is the best feeling Pulse Rifle that I've used so far and I have been having a lot of fun with it(going for the grimoire since I never use the peasant guns).

I think it's the auto fire as well.
Just started upgrading mine so we will see.
So far the only Pulse rifle I enjoy using is Bad Juju. I just got red death tho.

noomi

Exactly. I also think it's because the perks on WoC and Fang are kind of lame. Third Eye isn't very exciting and neither is Phantom Gift.

Due to the black hammer and word of crota perks being broken, my thought is that Bungie might actually take some time to re-balance these weapons.... maybe.... maybe not? :|

I always feel guilty pawning off some of them onto you fine folks. I just keep my fingers crossed that they won't do something ridiculous on the mic and/or in the game, haha. Usually disappointed :p

In all seriousness they are good people and fun to play with... it's definitely a good thing that very few people take this shit as seriously as I do.

Yeah, funny as hell lol. But mainly really only play PvP with them. Only alternative is to lag/lose with randoms anyway, so I might as well laugh with friends.

realcZk

Spot on. There are just too many variables out of the fireteam's control. The Swordbearer running and hiding being one of the biggest. i'll be interested to see if they lower it to 32 because of the backlash. Really enjoyed playing w/ you last night Qwell.

Yeah, lots of annoying variables for sure. The best thing for the swordbearer is to have armor piercing sniper rifles if you got em, shooting him behind a pillar will kill him quick or make him come outside to play. Also, sunsinger + angel of light makes it easy to get a line of sight on that snakey bastard.

Sword timing definitely is critical on hard and thats why a gjallarhorn or two makes it so much easier to reliably get 3xR2s in every time with any class (even slow warlocks), because you don't have to worry so much about timing issues getting you killed (except for when Crota says fuck it and decides to instantly stand up from a kneel, or randomly kill you because his animation state wasn't synced to his shield damage)

Daemul

Anyone know if Public Event packages still award dat sweet 5000xp? I haven't done a public event since Bungie fixed the bug where PE packages weren't being sent to the postmaster.

Spot on. There are just too many variables out of the fireteam's control. The Swordbearer running and hiding being one of the biggest. i'll be interested to see if they lower it to 32 because of the backlash. Really enjoyed playing w/ you last night Qwell.

To me the only real variable is the Swordbearer.
When he decides to hide it can totally destroy a perfect run.

The glitches are not a variable. They are just that: Glitches. And they need to be fixed.
Bungie should be ashamed there are so many happening right now.

Lnkn52

What is this Luke post people are talking about?

Originally Posted by LukeSmith

No it won't.

Nothing specific to announce at this time, but the mistakes we made with the DLC1 reward economy will not be repeated:

Mistakes like:
Vendor gear invalidating the effort of VOG Raiders
Upgrading an Exotic reseting its talents

Our philosophy about rewards/loot continue to evolve as we see how players play and react.

We will continue to improve acquisition stories and frequency (My understanding of the perception is that Crota's End drop rates are much improved vs. Vault of Glass: footnote below), lessen the grind and get players to the fun parts of their arsenal faster.

On CE drop rates vs. VOG:
The Forever 29 meme was a killer for us.

We sat down and talked about the rewards for VoG and the rates vs. CE and ended up with the following:
increase drop rates globally in CE: we wanted dedicated players to be around 32 or real close by the time Hard mode came out.
increase the variability of perks that a given piece can roll.
the goal here: players would reach 32 easier than 30, but would have more customization and options to build the perfect set (in terms of stats, perks, weapon affinities)
The part where this didn't work as well as we'd hoped is with the Shard economy. Shards are a are a barrier between you and equipping a sweet new piece of gear.

We want fewer barriers to equipping upgrades. The shard economies erect these barriers between players and the new piece of gear they just got.

We're not intending to adjust the shard economy for this Tier -- we don't want to invalidate player effort (again). But removing the barrier between that new drop you're excited to get and actually being able to equip it as a member of your arsenal are something we will do going forward.

Nuszka

Question....

Does anyone know if Crota can roll double exotics? Meaning if I complete normal mode crota, do I still have a chance at an exotic after beating him in hard mode?

I know deathsinger loot doesn't give you 2 rolls, if you complete normal you get NOTHING from hard :(

That is what i am wondering as well, but in a different note, if doing normal Crota cp and then hard gives me seperate chances of getting raid helmets or should i just do hard? From what i know about exotic drops from Crota , a guy from lfg did it first on normal and on sunday while we killed Crota on hard he was the one to receive Ghorn.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I think the only reason people are saying the word of crota is bad, is that it just isn't as good as the fatebringer. Now this doesn't make the word of crota a bad handcannon by any means, I still think it's a great option.

But fatebringer is really an amazing weapon overall. I always thought it was more of an exotic in disguise anyway.

I'm arguing that it's better than the FB, dammit! I'm just alone on my island of WoC love :(
That is what i am wondering as well, but in a different note, if doing normal Crota cp and then hard gives me seperate chances of getting raid helmets or should i just do hard? From what i know about exotic drops from Crota , a guy from lfg did it first on normal and on sunday while we killed Crota on hard he was the one to receive Ghorn.

I always thought that the crota kills were separate, meaning that you wouldn't get double rolls on exotics for doing it on hard.

To me the only real variable is the Swordbearer.
When he decides to hide it can totally destroy a perfect run.

The glitches are not a variable. They are just that: Glitches. And they need to be fixed.
Bungie should be ashamed there are so many happening right now.

How many hard Crota kills are you going to be able to join us for at reset? I know you wanted to save some for the Black Hammer attempts.

KxoZz

Just noticed what a grimoire score whore I've become. I spent 2 hours reloading earth patrols just to get 20 VIP kills for 5 grimoire points...

Now the problem is shall I try this again tonight? Or just do 3 quick Atheon runs to try to get some exotics.

I ran the sword for a Colonel Crota kill and he assured me that would absolve my sins for once or twice failing to show up to a scheduled Fun Run... but other Fun Run associates may feel differently....

There will be a lot of people trying to finish off Scrota tonight, no worries.

raindoc

I like all of the new primaries I got (WoC, Fang, AD) and I'd like to use these new toys as often as possible... makes me wish for a global inventory, or at least a weapons cache in my ship(s) like never before.

Steroyd

Re: Crota's health enrage during final shield break and thralls spawning in crystal room

(1) Stand far forward on the ledge in front of the window like real byte said. Only possible risk is that you slip off the edge. Shouldn't matter much as long as you can get your rockets there.

Had more than a few sword kills where between 2-4 teammates died during this enrage, but they got the shield break so it didn't matter.

(2) You don't have to stand on the ledge in front of the window at all. Stand on the platform at either side of the ledge, just make sure to stay far enough back and the Boomers + Crota won't aggro on you.

You kind of do have to stand on the middle ledge to get a good non sight of the swordbearer hiding behind cover, but after that yeah you don't need to be standing there anymore when the swordbearer goes down.

Vault size should've been doubled as soon as Expansion hit. Get with the times, Bungie.

I have limited space and I cleared a lot of 300 level weapons that I woild never level up. It better be in place asap. House of Wolves will suck with so much inventory management if they can't get it done by then.

How many hard Crota kills are you going to be able to join us for at reset? I know you wanted to save some for the Black Hammer attempts.

Decided that I'll do all 3 if we are fast enough.

Reset happens at 7 AM here and I need t be at work by 9:30.

If we do 1 full and 2 just Crota kills I should be able to do all 3.

If I get The Fang on one of these kills I will repeat that char on the remainning kills and leave the rest to do normal first tho.

Best post by Bungie yet.

I don't understand why Bungie refuses to have a candid update like Luke's comments on their site. I get that PR has to be sensitive and carefully worded, but what DeeJ is doing now is a disservice to the community and generally pokes the Hornets nest.

Vault size should've been doubled as soon as Expansion hit. Get with the times, Bungie.

It is bad for me as a Shader collector to see shaders goes to the same space as materials and the now recent vanguard/crucible tokens, I had to delete some of my shaders to make space.

Lnkn52

Well I scrapped mine (on accident?) while discarding dupe Words of Crota, and I didn't even notice until today. Review: "Not even mad out of 10".

people like that gun and it's a Pulse Rifle.

I've seen a few mentions. I don't have it yet, but many people seemed surprised that it was actually pretty decent, even for a PR with low impact.

To me it lacks impact (just like bad juju) and doesnt have great perks (NOT like bad juju).

I guess I'll put it in the to upgrade list. Right after Red Death and Bad Juju.

Decided that I'll do all 3 if we are fast enough.

Reset happens at 7 AM here and I need t be at work by 9:30.

If we do 1 full and 2 just Crota kills I should be able to do all 3.

If I get The Fang on one of these kills I will repeat that char on the remainning kills and leave the rest to do normal first tho.

Sounds good!

Just waiting on Kadey to see if she is down and we have a full group.

LiK

I don't understand why Bungie refuses to have a candid update like Luke's comments on their site. I get that PR has to be sensitive and carefully worded, but what DeeJ is doing now is a disservice to the community and generally pokes the Hornets nest.

Let's post more about some useless stats about how many stupid coins people used. No one gives a fuck.

E92 M3

Yeah, they really should hire a community manager...

I honestly think Deej is restricted a lot, but besides he doesn't seem to get that we don't care about fancy word play. Just give us the raw news/data. If there is none, so be it.

Lima

Left staircase strategy is still the best. Tried middle twice and it just sucks. Plus it's no fun. I want to shoot things.

Setup left, produce some orbs down in the pit so sword carrier gets the super and down him 3 times on the first sword so you can kill him with the second because ain't nobody got time for them ogres.
Not even Ghorns needed. Did it with only two yesterday. The guys that took down Crota's shield used HoC and Radegasts Fury lol.

Qwell

Yah that is another thing Luke didn't mention that I'm VERY much interested in, really sick of having to dismantle guns. I love options.

noomi

That's good to know, maybe it is better to do normal mode first then followed by hard. Either way whatever we decide doing, normal mode doesn't take long anyway, so I'm up for 3x and 3x ;)

I'm arguing that it's better than the FB, dammit! I'm just alone on my island of WoC love :(

I always thought that the crota kills were separate, meaning that you wouldn't get double rolls on exotics for doing it on hard.

Nah, I like the WoC very much as well, I think it's a great handcannon.... I actually stopped using the fatebring and moved it to an alt....

E92 M3

Left staircase strategy is still the best. Tried middle twice and it just sucks. Plus it's no fun. I want to shoot things.

Setup left, produce some orbs down in the pit so sword carrier gets the super and down him 3 times on the first sword so you can kill him with the second because ain't nobody got time for them ogres.
Not even Ghorns needed. Did it with only two yesterday. The guys that took down Crota's shield used HoC and Radegasts Fury lol.

Downed him 3 times with only 2 people shooting rockets? Doesn't seem bad at all.

--

In terms of vault space it will be raised with the DLC 100% guarantee. No way they still ignore it.

ocean

Banned
Question about HM Crota: In yesterday's run, someone from the team suggested to jump down from the ledge when Crota enrages. I had serious audio issues, so I might have misheard that. And I wasn't able to understand the explanation at all, as the audio kept cutting out.
However, when he enraged, two or three others indeed jumped down and were promptly killed by the Gatekeeper. I stayed on the ledge and kept shooting Crota, but it was too late. We were killed by the Oversoul.

What was that about? What possible reason could there be to leave the ledge?
I couldn't ask them afterwards either, as I was in a real hurry and had to leave.

Upon enrage, Thrall start attacking you from behind the window. You might get lucky and get your rockets out for the final kneel, or you might not. It's tricky. Jumping seems like a bigger risk though.

Top Bottom