• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

lunlunqq

I ran the sword for a Colonel Crota kill and he assured me that would absolve my sins for once or twice failing to show up to a scheduled Fun Run... but other Fun Run associates may feel differently....

There will be a lot of people trying to finish off Scrota tonight, no worries.

No worries, dr. The fun rans are for fun after all and we appreciate it when you are running the sword. Just make it so much easier. We will have fun no matter what.

rNilla

I'm in the Nightfall right now.

Fang damage:

- Acololyte / Knight - outside: 345 crit, w/ burn: 3055 crit
- Yellow Knight w/ burn 1375 crit + 408 perk (when shield is down)

Loaded up The Wakening Level 30, Fang (maxed) does 459 crit + 408 perk on Yellow Knight.

And normal Level 30 Acolytes are 1019 crit.

So looks like all is well.

Frostburn

I've got a Crota HM checkpoint/need a Crota HM finish before reset. Anyone needs a Level 32 Warlock (or wants to join one), lemme know.

Level 32 with maxed out Gjally.

PSN: Dynedom

I need another HM Crota kill, 32 Hunter... anyone down for starting a group before reset?

Atkison04

I've got a Crota HM checkpoint/need a Crota HM finish before reset. Anyone needs a Level 32 Warlock (or wants to join one), lemme know.

Level 32 with maxed out Gjally.

PSN: Dynedom

Sorry that it took us so long yesterday man. Ended up being about 6 hours before we finished it up.

Dynedom

I need another HM Crota kill, 32 Hunter... anyone down for starting a group before reset?

I'll join up on you. Might be able to bring a level 32 Titan for dat bubble.

Sorry that it took us so long yesterday man. Ended up being about 6 hours before we finished it up.

No worries man. I couldn't pull that off. Was going to become a hindrance with my drowsiness (could see myself starting to lose concentration). Glad you guys finished it. Hopefully I can do it tonight and sneak one in.

realcZk

if (HiveDisruptorBubbleFilled())
HiveDisruptorDmg = Normal_Dmg * Hive_Disruptor_Percentage;
else
HiveDisruptorDmg = 0;

if (enemyis(gun.burn()))
BurnDmg = Normal_Dmg * Burn_Percentage;
else
BurnDmg = 0;

Output Dmg = NormalDmg + HiveDisruptorDmg + BurnDmg;

How hard can something like that be?

Behold, the current code:
it starts around line 679,878,695 of destiny.c

679878694 // KW I'm trying out new random algorithm so rngesus always has the last word.
679878695 // "Mine, not yours..." RNGesus to the Players, 365 days a year.
679878696 int random() {
679878697 return 0;
679878698 }

679878699 /* hive disruptor perk
679878700 * 12/13/2014 by KW - one giant fucking hack, need to eventually fix this if i can ever find what i named
679878701 * the god damn global variable we use for the hive disruptor bonus base damage */

679878702 int calculate_hive_disrupter_bonus_damage() {
679878703 int bonus_damage_multiplier = random();
679878704 return _BASE_BULLET_DAMAGE;
679878705 }

679878706 /* 12/14/2014 by GK - KW, pretty sure the hive disruptor bonus base variable is within 200k lines or so
679878707 * of the heavy ammo reserve global variable, problem is we had the damn intern name those and it would
679878708 * be a PITA to figure out which is which. */

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Loaded up The Wakening Level 30, Fang (maxed) does 459 crit + 408 perk on Yellow Knight.

Haha you keep beating me the punch here. Just did the same thing.

Lvl 30 boomer crits:

Wakening - 423
NF - 1268

Frostburn

No worries man. I couldn't pull that off. Was going to become a hindrance with my drowsiness (could see myself starting to lose concentration). Glad you guys finished it. Hopefully I can do it tonight and sneak one in.

I will be able to make runs at him starting a bit later today if that is okay. Just doing some bounties in between work sessions till about 4

Dynedom

I will be able to make runs at him starting a bit later today if that is okay. Just doing some bounties in between work sessions till about 4

What time are you thinking (hours from now)? I'm in Dubai and it's about 10:30 PM here. I can max out to about 2 am here, lol.

I feel like the Crota HM kill either takes < 30 mins or it ends up being a very long time. IMO this is an indication of inconsistent glitches, a certain UNKNOWN lag and bugs. Which makes the encounter more frustrating due to the tight timing of smacking Crota around.

zewone

Haha you keep beating me the punch here. Just did the same thing.

Lvl 30 boomer crits:

Wakening - 423
NF - 1268
Thanks for confirming, guys.

Fears alleviated. Hive Majors perk does not break Arc burn bonus.

I feel like the Crota HM kill either takes < 30 mins or it ends up being a very long time. IMO this is an indication of inconsistent glitches, a certain UNKNOWN lag and bugs. Which makes the encounter more frustrating due to the tight timing of smacking Crota around.

There is also a small factor in fireteam composition. Last night we got stuck for a long time and there were 2 folks that felt like they were more a liability to get killed or miss time rockets than they were a help. We rarely got Crota below half health. Those 2 eventually left and we got 2 more solid folks. Instant improvement on our performance and only took a few more attempts to get it down. Lag was not a factor for either team composition.

You can usually tell within one or two attempts if your team has the chops.

I feel like if it keeps glitching it's better to orbit. Dismantle the party. Pick a new leaer and join him already inside Crota's chamber.

Not sure if it helps, but that's usually what we did on VoG when we got enemies regenerating health.

There is also a small factor in fireteam composition. Last night we got stuck for a long time and there were 2 folks that felt like they were more a liability to get killed or miss time rockets than they were a help. We rarely got Crota below half health. Those 2 eventually left and we got 2 more solid folks. Instant improvement on our performance and only took a few more attempts to get it down. Lag was not a factor for either team composition.

haha very true, I guess I was basing what I said assuming the fireteam is good. I did manage to kill Crota HM with lvl 31s but like you said, it also depends on the lvl 31 players.
maybe this just means I dont play around scrubs or maybe I am the scrub D:

Alright, one more time before I have to head back to work.

Any generous 32s out there (or skilled 31s) that can sneak me through hard mode abyss?

I'm like 4 shards away from getting my alt to 32.

Last night I did my last nightfall with a random PUG. So, I found out something I didn't know before. 1 of my 2 teammates rushed into phogoth while me and a person was fighting the knights outside the room. The phogoth rusher died and we all got sent to orbit. I never knew this was a thing! I know when you enter that shrieker room and traverse backwards you get booted but didn't know because it only senses 1 person in the end that died we all go back. Kind of dumb. Is it hard to check if others are alive not in the final area?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
so much pages overnight

microtransactions would be a great way to cause me to quit and never look back, if that's what they're going for :D

pretty counter to the model they are running with so far though.

I feel like if it keeps glitching it's better to orbit. Dismantle the party. Pick a new leaer and join him already inside Crota's chamber.

Not sure if it helps, but that's usually what we did on VoG when we got enemies regenerating health.

Yeah I think thats something I have to do. I tend to enjoy playing with people around the world but that lag is grinding down my enrage timer.

so much pages overnight

microtransactions would be a great way to cause me to quit and never look back, if that's what they're going for :D

Yea I don't care if I never get a Thunderlord or Heart of Praxic Fire at this point. Microtransactions would be the end all.

lunlunqq

so much pages overnight

don't give them ideas please... i'd stop playing immediately if that happens. :(

except that the hawkmoon is on sale for a reasonable price. I'd buy one for $0.99!

rNilla

OK, one more test and then I'll shut up about this.

Fang damage:

- Level 30 Acololyte / Knight - no burn: 1019 crit, w/ burn: 3055 crit
- Level 30 Yellow Knight - no burn: 459 critc + 408 perk, w/ burn 1375 crit + 408 perk (when shield is down)

vs

Another NITC (same impact) damage:

- Level 30 Acolyte - 1019 crit
- Level 30 Yellow Knight - 459 crit

That's exactly what we've been doing last few days and it seems to be helping. Of course we're not sure

Lnkn52

so much pages overnight

I've never played an mmo type games but aren't they usually subscription based? If the community wants more content, I believe they need to find a way to bring in more money to be constantly working on the game no?

Being 32 makes you so popular lol.

rAFLcSa.jpeg

Steroyd

Fuck Titan Strikers.

Having one shoulder charging git is bad enough having 3 on one team doing the exact same thing makes my blood boil.

OK, one more test and then I'll shut up about this.

Fang damage:

- Level 30 Acololyte / Knight - no burn: 1019 crit, w/ burn: 3055 crit
- Level 30 Yellow Knight - no burn: 459 critc + 408 perk, w/ burn 1375 crit + 408 perk (when shield is down)

vs

Another NITC (same impact) damage:

- Level 30 Acolyte - 1019 crit
- Level 30 Yellow Knight - 459 crit

Damn, the burn factor is nearly 300%. Crazy

Steroyd

I've never played an mmo type games but aren't they usually subscription based? If the community wants more content, I believe they need to find a way to bring in more money to be constantly working on the game no?

On the flipside for $20/£20 *barf* it sure as hell should have had more content than the TDB provided.

Atkison04

I'm trying to PM recruit for 2 back to back crota checkpoint runs this Friday around noon or 1pm EST if you want to try to join up. I think we learned a good bit from that marathon yesterday.

Fuck Titan Strikers.

Having one shoulder charging git is bad enough having 3 on one team doing the exact same thing makes my blood boil.
I was playing Double Skirmish last night and had the most glorious Striker Titan shoulder charge stop. He came running around the corner and was closing in the 15 feet that stood between us. And I pop my Thunderdome right as he charge. DENIED! And then I blasted him with my shotty and he dead.

Defender > Striker

Top Bottom