• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

LordofPwn

My successful run on hard crota took 4 attempts.

- Titan tried, felt too slow.
- I try with my hunter, 1st sword disappears, i go stab the gatekeeper
- We get to ogres, forced the 1st ogre back into door, he teleports to mid, someone died to boomers
- We get past ogres, next swordbearer is up the stairs and at entrance to hallway, we try to melt him. he runs and hides in mid. someone gets killed by boomers. we kill over soul, reset, and i blink strike on crota for final sword hits. nearly hit enrage on time.

next time i try a crota kill. knights aggressive destroy people at crystal, crota takes 5 rockets and doesn't flinch, sword disappears, moral fades away, heavy synths get eaten. we legitimately think we can do it with 4 31s, or 5 man it with 2 32s. i shake my head.

I was playing Double Skirmish last night and had the most glorious Striker Titan shoulder charge stop. He came running around the corner and was closing in the 15 feet that stood between us. And I pop my Thunderdome right as he charge. DENIED! And then I blasted him with my shotty and he dead.

Defender > Striker

I still have to check that mode out.

1) Does that count towards Play 5 "Skirmish" bounty?
2) 1 Titan Shoulder charge doesn't kill you inside? That's good to know.

Ambitious

Destiny 1 feels like it's being worked on by skeleton crew while everyone else is working Destiny 2.

That's what I assume as well. A small skeleton crew whose only job is to put the final touches on the DLC and release it, including smaller fixes. They probably have very little leeway when it comes to more significant changes.

Does salvage ever appear in PvP? It is the last trophy I need, and I never see that game mode. Can it appear day to day or is it a weekly reset thing?

I still have to check that mode out.

1) Does that count towards Play 5 "Skirmish" bounty?
2) 1 Titan Shoulder charge doesn't kill you inside? That's good to know.
1) It sure did! Which I was ultra thankful for.
2) I rock Armor of Light, so yes. I can absolutely guarantee you'd get wrecked inside of the Thunderdome with Blessing of Light or Weapons of Light.

rNilla

I've had zero random remarks on my Glowhoo and usually see a bunch of other 'hoos in the Tower. I must live in an area with a high concentration of quality Guardians.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've never played an mmo type games but aren't they usually subscription based? If the community wants more content, I believe they need to find a way to bring in more money to be constantly working on the game no?
If Bungie's product strategy team is wise (and my instinct is that they are, despite all we have to say about the game's development and live support), they don't give a crap about what's usual.

GW2 is a good example of a game with no subscription fee and frequent free content updates, but a sprawling cash shop with opportunities for microtransactions at every turn. Everything in the shop is a convenience or cosmetic item without gameplay advantage. This model works well as people are willing to spend oodles of money on decorating their virtual avatar and there are no required charges nor charges for content itself in the intervening periods (the upcoming expansion being the first exception to this- however, it's still not following industry norms as they're establishing a new discounted base game price of $10; no level cap increase, no gear tier increase).

Destiny's model is completely different, still jettisoning a subscription fee (I would never have given the game a second thought if it had one), no microtransactions, but relatively frequent paid DLC with incentive to "keep up" and all-too-frequent content rotations that highlight the new stuff making it essentially a paid premium to "have it all, have it now;" which actually is similar in some sense to a subscription fee (though the value proposition is still dramatically different), putting them in position to overcharge for the amount of content included in each pack.

Bungie and Activision have made plenty of money from Destiny already, new methods of bringing in more are not at all what they need.

I've gotten over 20+ random friend requests over the weekend and deleted them all. lol

Wierd, I haven't gotten any. Thought I would. I don't want to add any randoms either but it would be fun to be the cool kid.

I was always the last picked for sports too.

Dynedom

I'm trying to PM recruit for 2 back to back crota checkpoint runs this Friday around noon or 1pm EST if you want to try to join up. I think we learned a good bit from that marathon yesterday.

If it's the same time as we did before, definitely count me in.

1) It sure did! Which I was ultra thankful for.
2) I rock Armor of Light, so yes. I can absolutely guarantee you'd get wrecked inside of the Thunderdome with Blessing of Light or Weapons of Light.

Sweet, thanks! Haha yea I rock Armor in PvP a lot as well. Weapons of Light in IB most of the time. I've never been shoulder charged or tried to shoulder charge a bubble'd person before.

Dynedom

Cool man, I'm still waiting to hear back from Phaethon and SoulClap to figure out the roster for it. I'm a nerd and like planning this crap out in advance!

Ain't nothing wrong with that. You need to organize these things, given the lack of matchmaking haha.

Destiny 1 feels like it's being worked on by skeleton crew while everyone else is working Destiny 2.

Makes you wonder how much there is to really work on. People had glitched into areas for both expansions back in the beta. The areas were near comolete. The new Strike for HoW has recently been glitched into as well.

The reef raid is probably there too but no way to confirm. It is also basically done, just polish and big fixes left.

stb

Anyone want/need to run Hard Mode VoG (whole thing or Oracles -> Atheon if someone has the CP) then Normal Mode CE tonight, any time after 7:30pm Eastern/6:30pm Central?

1) stb (PSN berried_treasure)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
a1)
a2)

Quote and add yourself, please.

If you only want to do one or the other, include that in your response.

stb

(sorry for the quick re-post, I got bottom-of-the-paged)

Anyone want/need to run Hard Mode VoG (whole thing or Oracles -> Atheon if someone has the CP) then POSSIBLY Normal Mode CE tonight, any time after 7:30pm Eastern/6:30pm Central?

1) stb (PSN berried_treasure) - both
2) stb's friend
3) captscience (PSN captscience) - HM VoG
4) Sh0k (PSN Shokleeto) - both
5) forza_aldi (PSN forza_aldi) - HM VoG
6) squidhands (What's your PSN again?
a1) Orochinagis (PSN?)
a2) Abylim (PSN Abylim)

Quote and add yourself, please.

If you only want to do one or the other, include that in your response.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
yay! thanks fig!
B8TFIEACYAA1sRZ.jpg:large
lol Hawkian, you bastard. That was mine!
:D

<3

Anybody have even a rough idea of HM Templar's total HP? Or a source for where to find such info?

Seems like HM Crota is between ~260,500 and 264,000 HP based on the "lowest damage" kill I've bothered to go back and watch to add up the hit markers. Very strange though since he gets some odd markers to pop up at times (one R2 is 15,301 but sometimes I see 104 or 208 marker pop which is the same as Wolfpack rounds...?)

Edit: so maybe that rough figure is a decent estimate for Templar? Just speculating about that....

Top Bottom