• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

My successful run on hard crota took 4 attempts.

- Titan tried, felt too slow.
- I try with my hunter, 1st sword disappears, i go stab the gatekeeper
- We get to ogres, forced the 1st ogre back into door, he teleports to mid, someone died to boomers
- We get past ogres, next swordbearer is up the stairs and at entrance to hallway, we try to melt him. he runs and hides in mid. someone gets killed by boomers. we kill over soul, reset, and i blink strike on crota for final sword hits. nearly hit enrage on time.

next time i try a crota kill. knights aggressive destroy people at crystal, crota takes 5 rockets and doesn't flinch, sword disappears, moral fades away, heavy synths get eaten. we legitimately think we can do it with 4 31s, or 5 man it with 2 32s. i shake my head.

you descibed my 1st run attempt to a freaking T. glad we werent the only ones with bad luck

I got hit by the boomers in the right ogre room. they shot me thruogh the cieling. what the holy hell was up with that

WipedOut

Still need to fight Crota one more time tonight on xbox1 if anyone wants to get a team together. Still looking for a word of crota. Got fang on both of my other runs. PM me and I'll add you to the list, will probably start about 9pm eastern.

1. WipedOut - Lvl 32 Hunter
2. Misterthirsty - Lvl 31 Warlock
3. oddworld18 - Lvl 32 Hunter
4. Axoman909 - Lvl 32 Warlock

Anyone really good with the sword?

Still need a swordbearer and Titan.

Lemnisc8

Any folks running a normal crota run on ps4 that welcomes someone whose inexperienced? Looking to go asap

If so, please add

tUKEGib

Wait, did anyone else see this? Is this true?

•Crux of Crota has a 0% chance to drop if you don't have Glowhoo

Glowhoo Crocs Confirmed

jzKievx.png

Sullichin

Got a PSN message after a rumble match, was anticipating trash talk.. just someone saying GG after a close match. Some people will teabag you with desperation every time they get a kill, but it turns out there are actually people playing for friendly competition.

Got a PSN message after a rumble match, was anticipating trash talk.. just someone saying GG after a close match. Some people will teabag you with desperation every time they get a kill, but it turns out there are actually people playing for friendly competition.

I've only ever got one message like that. Two close matches; they won the first one, I won the second. It's nice to have friendly competition once in a while instead of teabagging.

stb

me, Bogue, and Benicillin are running Crota a little after 8 CST tonight. you're welcome to join.

HM or normal? I've yet to do HM and don't want to be a hindrance.

You guys still doing this? Can I tag along? 31 Titan w/ maxed Ice Breaker and Ghorn, but haven't tried HM CE yet. Definitely looking for NM CE, but I'd love to tag along on Hard if you don't mind a 31.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Free shards.

I have had 4 of my last 5 Legendary engrams be shards/energy. They aren't even exciting to get anymore.
Get anything good?

Up for Anything with Reactive Reload, Perfect Balance/Field Scout and Rangefinder. If I didn't have my delectable Vanquisher on my 'lock already I'd give it to him, but yeah, a couple energy.

Ascedant mats could definitely stand to be removed from the engram loot table. It should be the player's call- get an item you don't want, that's shards or energy. Feels antagonistic to have the decision made for you by the Cryptarch.

Walkin my dog and then I need 1 more lunchtime Nightfall and 2 more lunchtime weeklies!

R0ckman

I've only ever got one message like that. Two close matches; they won the first one, I won the second. It's nice to have friendly competition once in a while instead of teabagging.

Sometimes these close matchers are better than matches where you stomp the competition. Those are fun/humorous, but not exciting. The worst is obviously when you have a team of complete rejects. Some of them even have the audacity to get mad when the the Crucible master yells at them and tells them to stop sucking.

Sometimes these close matchers are better than matches where you stomp the competition. Those are fun/humorous, but not exciting. The worst is obviously when you have a team of complete rejects. Some of them even have the audacity to get mad when the the Crucible master yells at them and tells them to stop sucking.

I'll always take a close match over a beat down

WipedOut

confirmed by bungie? no.

But from my understanding it takes the same spot as glowhoo on the loot table and your guranteed glowhoo on your first run. so there is no way for it to drop on your first try.

So what if you equip Glowhoo on a player that has not done it? will that increase the chances of getting it this week?

Deku Tree

If you do Hard CE but not Normal do the normal loot drop bubbles fill in on Bungie.net and in the Mobile App?

It seems like the first week only Primary weapons have been dropping for people in the CE raid on Hard. But I wonder if Secondary weapons will drop from the Hard CE raid after you have done it once. I am still missing the Hunger of Crota and I really want it. I have gotten at least three sometimes four of every other non-Primary CE raid weapon.

Why can't I get the Hunger?

Shito

Up for Anything with Reactive Reload, Perfect Balance/Field Scout and Rangefinder. If I didn't have my delectable Vanquisher on my 'lock already I'd give it to him, but yeah, a couple energy.

Ascedant mats could definitely stand to be removed from the engram loot table. It should be the player's call- get an item you don't want, that's shards or energy. Feels antagonistic to have the decision made for you by the Cryptarch.

Walkin my dog and then I need 1 more lunchtime Nightfall and 2 more lunchtime weeklies!
Yeah, I hope Bungie wisen up to this decision one day, just like they did for the amount of coins a nightfall can give... Made a bit more sense in their first design for legendaries, when they could decode to blues and were a bit more frequent to come by. Now though they are so rare that it's almost an insult to have them decode to mats...

Ah so the Hunger of Crota is the new Hezen's Vegence (from VoG). I see I will need to strive to get that out of Crota this week then

HOC is little ghorn, HV is pretty trash. unfortuanlty was my go to rocket launcher for a long time. I am more than happy to have a HOC in my inventory. they are hardly comparable at all.

WipedOut

If you do Hard CE but not Normal do the normal loot drop bubbles fill in on Bungie.net and in the Mobile App?

It seems like the first week only Primary weapons have been dropping for people in the CE raid on Hard. But I wonder if Secondary weapons will drop from the Hard CE raid after you have done it once. I am still missing the Hunger of Crota and I really want it. I have gotten at least three sometimes four of every other non-Primary CE raid weapon.

Probably the same reason I can't get swordbreaker.

I can't seem to get Black Hammer. :( Have everything else.

Sullichin

It's the only one that I have! Really want Black Hammer. Too casul @ 31 to hope for the primaries.

Glad HoC dropped because it softens the blow of still not having a Gjallarhorn. It really isn't any better than a legendary RL with a good perk roll. But it's so ugly that it looks cool.

Yes, I only did normal on one character but Hard on all three and all bubbles for CE are filled for all 3 on the app.

For the special/heavy drops, you're going to need to do Normal it seems.

ChatterWhite was the shit. Now it's Glowhoo. Curious about HoW shaders.

Interesting that you can only obtain the shader once now. Makes sense. I probably got like 20 Chatterwhites. Wonder if that makes more room for the other drops since you can only get it once.

So what if you equip Glowhoo on a player that has not done it? will that increase the chances of getting it this week?

must be, becuase someone got it this week, said he ran it 4 times. dont know how its possible to run it more than 3 times and get loot. but I dont know which run he got it in.

HOC is little ghorn, HV is pretty trash. unfortuanlty was my go to rocket launcher for a long time. I am more than happy to have a HOC in my inventory. they are hardly comparable at all.

HoC is better because it has tracking, but the cluster bombs makes them pretty similar. Hezen had tripod at least.

Lemnisc8

Black hammer is on my list. Have the swordbreaker already. Anyone running a normal on ps4 asap? I'm inexperienced as yet though.

Interesting that you can only obtain the shader once now. Makes sense. I probably got like 20 Chatterwhites. Wonder if that makes more room for the other drops since you can only get it once.

yes! and finally I dont have to hear "FUCKING CHATTERWHITE AND SHARDS!" at least once from every raid I participated in.

dB Viper

I know these feels.

I got every primary (except WoC) on my first run in the Hard CE. I've done Normal 3x since release, and have received 7 Ir Yut machine guns, 1 Black Hammer and shards/energies.

Not 1 shotgun, fusion or HoC.

Nobody knows about Templar HP values? Why have you forsaken me DGAF ;_;

Ah so the Hunger of Crota is the new Hezen's Vegence

Yup, exactly. It's the raid rocket launcher that people without Ballerhorn mutually agree to lie about how good it is.

Why, it's just like a "Legendary GHorn!" Doesn't even take up your exotic spot!

Sh0k

(sorry for the quick re-post, I got bottom-of-the-paged)

Anyone want/need to run Hard Mode VoG (whole thing or Oracles -> Atheon if someone has the CP) then Normal Mode CE tonight, any time after 7:30pm Eastern/6:30pm Central?

1) stb (PSN berried_treasure)
2) Sh0k (PSN Shokleeto)
3)
4)
5)
6)
a1)
a2)

Quote and add yourself, please.

If you only want to do one or the other, include that in your response.

It's been so hard to get a group to run VOG this week. I have a Gatekeepers hard mode CP if interested. And I'm interested in running VOG Hard Mode and Normal Mode Crota.

Cømet;149227793 said:
So clear Deathsinger on hard and no reward? Bungie sure know how to fuck folks up the butt.

If you did it on Normal, you get nothing. Maybe they'll fix it since it's still registering as a chest drop. Doubt it's top of their list though. ;)

Top Bottom