• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

patchday

HOC is little ghorn, HV is pretty trash. unfortuanlty was my go to rocket launcher for a long time. I am more than happy to have a HOC in my inventory. they are hardly comparable at all.

What I meant was, looking at the stats, it appears Hunger of Crota replaces HV. Idk if HV is any good. I like that it has tracking. But normally I prefer to use my ghorn. Unfortunately I cant always bring it due to 3 different chars and having to hurry to join groups sometimes when I get home

[edit] Whoops, HV doesnt have Tracking it's Tripod. Boy I really havent used that thing much

EL CUCO

If you do Hard CE but not Normal do the normal loot drop bubbles fill in on Bungie.net and in the Mobile App?

It seems like the first week only Primary weapons have been dropping for people in the CE raid on Hard. But I wonder if Secondary weapons will drop from the Hard CE raid after you have done it once. I am still missing the Hunger of Crota and I really want it. I have gotten at least three sometimes four of every other non-Primary CE raid weapon.

Why can't I get the Hunger?
The normal loot bubbles definitely fill in.

That's a good question, about the weapon drops. I noticed the extra gear and shards drop while we were running through the Abyss and Bridge but no special weapon at Crota :/

If you do Hard CE but not Normal do the normal loot drop bubbles fill in on Bungie.net and in the Mobile App?

It seems like the first week only Primary weapons have been dropping for people in the CE raid on Hard. But I wonder if Secondary weapons will drop from the Hard CE raid after you have done it once. I am still missing the Hunger of Crota and I really want it. I have gotten at least three sometimes four of every other non-Primary CE raid weapon.

Why can't I get the Hunger?

Im still missing Light of the Abyss, Hunger, and Black hammer. Ive downed crota at least 18x total on 2, then 3 characters and have gotten 3 swordbreaker and 2 songs..... its infuriating.

Bogeypop

Cømet;149227793 said:
So clear Deathsinger on hard and no reward? Bungie sure know how to fuck folks up the butt.

I think it might just be bugged period if you do anything in Hard Mode first. Did everything in hard except Deathsinger, completed all of Normal and got no loot from her. Even went back and did Bridge + Deathsinger Hard and still got no loot.

Or it could be you have to do Deathsinger on your first hard run or it bugs out and you won't get anything.

Nobody knows about boss HP values? Why have you forsaken me DGAF ;_;

Yup, exactly. It's the raid rocket launcher that people without Ballerhorn mutually agree to lie about how good it is.

Why, it's just like a "Legendary GHorn!" Doesn't even take up your exotic spot!

well add it up, looks like you already did. seems to take off 15,300ish per R2 sword hit. on hard it takes 18 hits.

Lee

must be, becuase someone got it this week, said he ran it 4 times. dont know how its possible to run it more than 3 times and get loot. but I dont know which run he got it in.

I stayed up to run normal CE the night it opened. We got to Crota within an hour and a half, and after an hour of hitting our heads against the wall (6 level 30s) we called it a night. I got back on later that day and helped some friends through, and got all the drops again. I chalked it up to being on during the "reset"/opening of the raid, similar to the double bounty glitch.

So, maybe he did that? Otherwise, he could have deleted a toon and got a new one to 20, then toss gear back on and do it anew as a 32.

patchday

So anyone want to run normal Crota tomorrow x3 to try to get hunger/black hammer?

Yeah I will be down when I get home. I am in Central time zone. So probably won't be home til after 7pm central.

Let me know if that works. Otherwise I'll have to try to find a group when I get on tomorrow night

btw I should be on your FR. sandboxgod

[edit] I already got Black Hammer. Just need HoC! Need another good rocket launcher besides Ghorn

stb

It's been so hard to get a group to run VOG this week. I have a Gatekeepers hard mode CP if interested. And I'm interested in running VOG Hard Mode and Normal Mode Crota.

Added you and Dave_6.

Updated:

(sorry for the quick re-post, I got bottom-of-the-paged)

Anyone want/need to run Hard Mode VoG (whole thing or Oracles -> Atheon if someone has the CP) then Normal Mode CE tonight, any time after 7:30pm Eastern/6:30pm Central?

1) stb (PSN berried_treasure) - both
2) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) - both?
3) Sh0k (PSN Shokleeto) - both
4)
5)
6)
a1)
a2)

Quote and add yourself, please.

If you only want to do one or the other, include that in your response.

I stayed up to run normal CE the night it opened. We got to Crota within an hour and a half, and after an hour of hitting our heads against the wall (6 level 30s) we called it a night. I got back on later that day and helped some friends through, and got all the drops again. I chalked it up to being on during the "reset"/opening of the raid, similar to the double bounty glitch.

So, maybe he did that? Otherwise, he could have deleted a toon and got a new one to 20, then toss gear back on and do it anew as a 32.

ahh, ye olde reset trick. you people and your staying up all night raid parties.

wish i could do it too, ah well. life is good without it

Cømet

Banned
If you did it on Normal, you get nothing. Maybe they'll fix it since it's still registering as a chest drop. Doubt it's top of their list though. ;)

haha yeah, I'm sure they'll get to it as sooooon as they can ;p

I think it might just be bugged period if you do anything in Hard Mode first. Did everything in hard except Deathsinger, completed all of Normal and got no loot from her. Even went back and did Bridge + Deathsinger Hard and still got no loot.

Or it could be you have to do Deathsinger on your first hard run or it bugs out and you won't get anything.

I tell you one thing- my group aren't running Deathsinger HM again! Crota CPs everywhere!

well add it up, looks like you already did. seems to take off 15,300ish per R2 sword hit. on hard it takes 18 hits.

Sorry, I meant total HP for HM Templar. Edited my previous post accordingly.

I know enough about HM Crota for now, don't really care about that ugly mug for the time being. Initially I just wanted to solo HM Templar for fun (it's been done, long time ago) but while practicing it I started considering a much stupider idea but no idea if it's remotely plausible or really worth trying... oh well, thanks for the reply, I'll keep thinking about it for now.

I just shoot them until they go away.

Moooooom!!!!

First they don't respond and now they are picking on me!!! ;_;

GhaleonEB

Can we pass engrams to our alts through the vault? Say, get a legendary engram and pass it to another class, and they decrypt it to their own class?

Mindlog

There is also, um, this one.
And now I just remembered.
I've seen a couple of Guardians die while waiting in the ogre tower from Boomer splash damage.

Yes!

What if as soon as the map starts someone runs to the ogre tower entrance. That person would then:
1. Make orbs
2. Hop on the ogre doors and draw Boomer aggro. Shooting the floor would help.
3. Bonus points if they can kill, aggro or stagger the Swordbearer. Not really necessary since everyone else should be sniping the Swordbearer.
4. Bonus points for Striker Titans since they can blind the Swordbearer in case head shots fail to stagger.
5. With enough DPS one person can go to each tower and make doubly certain Boomers never bother the sword carrier.

It just takes 1 orb for the Sword Carrier to Super on the second kneel. If one orb remains then the sword carrier doesn't have to risk anything running back to 'safety.' They can hide on the ogre doors as well.

4 Heavies + 3 into super cancel should be an easy safe kill before ogres.

ERMint13

Can we pass engrams to our alts through the vault? Say, get a legendary engram and pass it to another class, and they decrypt it to their own class?

Legendary engrams are always a crap shoot. Could be for any character. Decrypting with a certain class doesn't help in that regard.

All blue will decrypt to that character though so it's good for needed materials such as plasteel plating etc.

Nobody knows about Templar HP values? Why have you forsaken me DGAF ;_;

Yup, exactly. It's the raid rocket launcher that people without Ballerhorn mutually agree to lie about how good it is.

Guilty. As. Charged.

Yes. I do this all the time for armor engrams bc my Titan needs platsteel.

Edit: As others have posted, Legendary engrams are still up to RNG.

^ lol Narmer, at least you are honest!

Green and blue engrams decrypt into the class that turned it in at Rahool. Purple and yellow engrams do not.

phen0m24

I ran the sword for a Colonel Crota kill and he assured me that would absolve my sins for once or twice failing to show up to a scheduled Fun Run... but other Fun Run associates may feel differently....

There will be a lot of people trying to finish off Scrota tonight, no worries.

No worries, dr. The fun rans are for fun after all and we appreciate it when you are running the sword. Just make it so much easier. We will have fun no matter what.

And I could still run HM with my Warlock
who is a scrubby 31
but what about tomorrow night? I have no idea if the remainder of our crew has run HM yet. Do we dare?

XFrame was last seen in
gasp
the Hinterlands
Scarletham and Hoodbury have engaged radio silence
lunlunqq was last seen soloing Phogoth
because he's good like that

Drizzy and I are like Ross from Friends - "WE WERE ON A BREAK!"
so much for that break

So what about it, Fun Runners? Will the "fun" die if we do HM instead of Normal?

I'm in it for the Fang and shards. Warlock needs 32, and apparently now I need to level everyone to use helmets with Infusion. (ugh)

Shito

Legendary and higher decrypt to any class, regardless of your character.
And I don't believe that "they are weighted in favour of your current class" rumour: that is not what has happened to me at all. ^^

Sorry, I meant total HP for HM Templar. Edited my previous post accordingly.

I know enough about HM Crota for now, don't really care about that ugly mug for the time being. Initially I just wanted to solo HM Templar for fun (it's been done, long time ago) but while practicing it I started considering a much stupid idea but no idea if it's remotely plausible or really worth trying... oh well, thanks for the reply, I'll keep thinking about it for now.

Moooooom!!!!

First they don't respond and now they are picking on me!!! ;_;

Hmm. If it's not online already I guess the best way is to have everyone use the same gun and add the shots. I think voc gets about 358 or 400 or so per shot and ice breaker was getting about 2500 crit

Yes, and you should! It's actually a fantastic strategy when you create a new character to have your older characters run strikes to rack up a bunch of blue engrams and then store them int he vault. The level of what the engram turns into is based on the character that decrypts it so it will allow you to instantly get a bunch of blues once your new alt is high enough to equip them.

Lee

Initially I just wanted to solo HM Templar for fun (it's been done, long time ago) but while practicing it I started considering a much stupid idea but no idea if it's remotely plausible or really worth trying... oh well, thanks for the reply, I'll keep thinking about it for now.

I'm interested. What's the idea? Templar is my favorite encounter in the game. Running relic on hard mode, 4 guys up top, a titan or hunter down with you stopping the Templar from teleporting. Running sword on HM Crota is actually a really similar type of rush.

I don't think anyone is that disillusioned. We know it sucks, but at least it tracks. Puts a nice big explodey target on the swordbearer for the GHorn guys.

tumblr_inline_mjkctyvgSy1qz4rgp.png

phen0m24

Yes, and you should! It's actually a fantastic strategy when you create a new character to have your older characters run strikes to rack up a bunch of blue engrams and then store them int he vault. The level of what the engram turns into is based on the character that decrypts it so it will allow you to instantly get a bunch of blues once your new alt is high enough to equip them.

I do it when one char is close to rolling over their Cryptarch level. Put a few in the vault from the other.

jaaz

Legendary engrams are always a crap shoot. Could be for any character. Decrypting with a certain class doesn't help in that regard.

I'm not so sure about this. In my experience, there is a higher chance that a legendary armor engram will turn into an armor item for the character that turns in the item to Rahool. That's not to say that there is no chance the item will turn into armor for another class, just that it's more likely it will be armor for the class that turns it in.

I can't prove this without a doubt, but it's my experience based on turning in what's probably close to over 50 legendary engrams since launch.

Jinjo

Does not work for legendaries though. That decrypts to a random class always.

hydruxo

Eh, I don't think anyone is saying that HoC is as good as Ghorn. Obviously it's not but for a legendary, it essentially is the next best thing to Gjallarhorn. Hence why it's called a legendary ghorn.

Lee

I'm not so sure about this. In my experience, there is a higher chance that a legendary armor engram will turn into an armor item for the character that turns in the item to Rahool. That's not to say that there is no chance the item will turn into armor for another class, just that it's more likely it will be armor for the class that turns it in.

I can't prove this without a doubt, but it's my experience based on turning in what's probably close over 50 legendary engrams since launch.

Same in my experience. Much higher chance of being for your class than another.

patchday

I don't think anyone is that disillusioned. We know it sucks, but at least it tracks. Puts a nice big explodey target on the swordbearer for the GHorn guys.

I wish Bungie would look into Cluster Bombs and the like (like HV's perk to split the missles up on detonation). GHorn is in a class of its' own because it's pretty much the only one coded properly (at least in my collection of RLs)

Top Bottom