• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

I can sit and play this game for hours without a second thought, but I have force myself to play through other games. Been working on Wolfenstein for nearly 2 months now. Only 5 hours in... I love the setting and story, but I can't do more than one 20-30min mission at a time.

I can however Wake the Hive for the 100th time collecintg some stupid bounty for hours on end. WTF.

One Way Ticket also tracks. Found that out last night!

It makes a Hollahorn lock-on sound, at least?
Any legendary rocket launcher can roll in the wild with tracking (except HV) but you can't buy any. Hunger of Crota is the only legendary launcher with guaranteed tracking. You could also reroll the Iron Banner launcher to have tracking, but it did not come with it.

Atkison04

3hro3R6.gif

Actually, we're even a threat to our own teammates (and others of our class)....

EDIT: Forgot I made a .gif of my betrayal.

sgvgix.gif

Lmao at that video man. I don't pvp much, but when i do there is nothing more satisfying than giving someone a Titan knee. However i find myself dying a lot running up to people like an idiot.

patchday

I can sit and play this game for hours without a second thought, but I have force myself to play through other games. Been working on Wolfenstein for nearly 2 months now. Only 5 hours in... I love the setting and story, but I can't do more than one 20-30min mission at a time.

I can however Wake the Hive for the 100th time collecintg some stupid bounty for hours on end. WTF.

Yeah funny how that works. Although I am finding I am much more willing to play other games after I've ran 3x normal Crota and Nightfalls. So by the time the weekend hits I find myself firing up Driveclub and other stuff

Lee

I wish Bungie would look into Cluster Bombs and the like (like HV's perk to split the missles up on detonation). GHorn is in a class of its' own because it's pretty much the only one coded properly (at least in my collection of RLs)

Pretty sure it's working as intended. I don't think they meant for cluster bombs to track..

Wolfpack Rounds: "Rounds fired from this weapon split into tracking cluster missiles upon detonations."

Cluster Bomb: "Rockets create cluster bombs when they detonate."

Hmm. If it's not online already I guess the best way is to have everyone use the same gun and add the shots. I think voc gets about 358 or 400 or so per shot and ice breaker was getting about 2500 crit

Yeah I can snoop around some more, it's mostly just for curiosity's sake right now. But thanks for the info !

I'm interested. What's the idea? Templar is my favorite encounter in the game. Running relic on hard mode, 4 guys up top, a titan or hunter down with you stopping the Templar from teleporting. Running sword on HM Crota is actually a really similar type of rush.

Solo HM Templar using only damage from the relic itself.
Hey, I said it was stupid....

Exactly like you said: using that common 4-5/6'ths cheese strat on HM Templar is very reminiscent of sword running Crota. Except this is actually fun. :)

That's crazy talk. I could barely put Wolfenstein: New Order down. It's such a damned great game, I hope you can focus more time on it. And, to be fair, the first two missions are a little slow.

phen0m24

Any legendary rocket launcher can roll in the wild with tracking (except HV) but you can't buy any. Hunger of Crota is the only legendary launcher with guaranteed tracking. You could also reroll the Iron Banner launcher to have tracking, but it did not come with it.

I got lucky with mine, Tracking +Field Scout.

Also holds 7 Rockets with heavy armor perk

Depends on your roll, I have 3 One Way tickets, none with tracking.

Good point, guys. I couldn't remember if I bought that RL or if it came from a Nightfall. I guess it was just a nice drop then.

PSA: I felt someone needed the gatekeeper Normal, Gorgon HM or Crota HM. I can "get" on whenever in the next ~1.5 hours. I will check the thread every hour or so
currently being a fucking hypocrite
. I will most likely solo VoG HM till the gorgon cp after the reset. So feel free to join me if I am online after the reset for free exotics
shards for me
. Quote me to confirm any interest.

This Service is bought to you by #TeamEpicSax, #TeamFirstTryHard and #TeamBubbleTrain. Glimmer earn will go towards the purchases of Heavy ammo Synthesis for their 12 hours long HM Crota Kill.
692133_o.gif

Update 1, now offering Crota HM checkpoints!
Update 2, Currently open every hour till 4:30 pm EST. Reopens at ~10 pm EST and please confirm if you have 3 characters that want to visit the gorgon HM CP
Update 3, Fully supporting Guardians who want the Crux of Crota
Update 4, I will hang around for the next 15 mins.
Update 5, PS4: iRAWRasaurus please state if you're from GAF, if not I will not accept you. Since I am getting blueberries "FR" in the tower now..

TODAY'S ASTRONOMY PICTURE THEME: CELESTIAL EVENTS

Lunar Eclipse: Blood Moon - October 8, 2014
A full lunar eclipse that occurred this past October.
yt7BsO.jpg

Transit of Venus - June 5, 2012
Occurs every 106 years in pairs that are 4 years apart, this showcases Venus moving across the face of the Sun as seen from Earth.
7D7Ad7.jpg

I don't think anyone is that disillusioned. We know it sucks, but at least it tracks. Puts a nice big explodey target on the swordbearer for the GHorn guys.

Eh, I don't think anyone is saying that HoC is as good as Ghorn. Obviously it's not but for a legendary, it essentially is the next best thing to Gjallarhorn. Hence why it's called a legendary ghorn.

I knew I should have put a "For comedic purposes only" disclaimer on that HoC/HV post. :p HoC is damn good honestly, and not a bad idea for HM Crota to use something like Red Death.

Sometimes my sense of humor doesn't come across very well in the written word... lol.

Lmao at that video man. I don't pvp much, but when i do there is nothing more satisfying than giving someone a Titan knee. However i find myself dying a lot running up to people like an idiot.

Yeah, I pretty much switch to the Exotic Stand Asides so I can sprint for a lot longer. Very satisfying hitting someone while they're in the air!

patchday

Pretty sure it's working as intended. I don't think they meant for cluster bombs to track..

Wolfpack Rounds: "Rounds fired from this weapon split into tracking cluster missiles upon detonations."

Cluster Bomb: "Rockets create cluster bombs when they detonate."

Maybe I just suck or something but when I use my RLs that have Clusters I never notice anything else getting hit but the main target. I'll look at it somemore but cluster bombs have been feeling very useless

I feel dumb for picking Cluster on my IB Rocket Launcher (Raghast Fury).

And I could still run HM with my Warlock
who is a scrubby 31
but what about tomorrow night? I have no idea if the remainder of our crew has run HM yet. Do we dare?

XFrame was last seen in
gasp
the Hinterlands
Scarletham and Hoodbury have engaged radio silence
lunlunqq was last seen soloing Phogoth
because he's good like that

Drizzy and I are like Ross from Friends - "WE WERE ON A BREAK!"
so much for that break

So what about it, Fun Runners? Will the "fun" die if we do HM instead of Normal?

I'm in it for the Fang and shards. Warlock needs 32, and apparently now I need to level everyone to use helmets with Infusion. (ugh)

You know that I'm down if I'm on and you ever need an alt.

Good to be back.
I have like 300 more titan kills in crucible left to get and then all of my classes are done. have all of my weapon kills done. just need Ogre and Hydra rank 3 kills, strike completions rank 3 (can only do regular strikes), raids rank 3 (can only do VoG for it). Have all the ghosts. Then all I need are: rumble wins rank 2 & 3; Skirmish wins rank 3; Salvage wins rank 1, 2, & 3; and i think thats it. I got siege dancers finally by doing dust palace strike without dying. and got the House of Wolves Card by re-rolling my titan and playing the 1st mission* on the reef.

What's the best spot to get your Ogre and Hydra kills?

LTWood12

I'm trying to get in on Ltwood's, too, so we'll see how that all goes.

Ok. I would like to run the HM CE that Ltwood is getting together but if it doesn't happen I'll be glad to run both the VoG and CE with your group.

Boguester's Hard mode lab session tonight at 8:15 Central (subject to change based on the Dr.'s schedule)

1. DrDrizzay101
2. LTWood12-32 Titan(s)
3. SomeBenicillin-32 Warlock
4. Qwell-32 Warlock?
5. Daves78-31 Hunter
6. GKW212-32 Hunter

Alternate: stb (need your psn)

i'll send out chat invites around 8:15. If someone can't make it, I'll post here around then to see if anyone else is up for it.

Lee

Solo HM Templar using only damage from the relic itself.
Hey, I said it was stupid....

Exactly like you said: using that common 4-5/6'ths cheese strat on HM Templar is very reminiscent of sword running Crota. Except this is actually fun. :)

HM Crota while not sword runner: Meh.
HM Crota the first few times: #*($*%Q)Q%)
HM Crota the last three successful runs: Awesome.

I'm personally really enjoying it and can't wait to do it again. As for the Templar with just the Relic, man. I don't know. He's definitely going to enrage, so if you can handle the constant onslaught while cleansing. I imagine you'd need to kills adds > cleanse > super > block teleport > clear adds > super before he teleports? I don't think you'd have time to super twice without stopping the teleport, and melee isn't the way to go...

dB Viper

I love running sword with my BD Hunter in CE Hard. The feeling of accomplishment when you get it done (with a bunch of randoms on LFG, no less) is why I love this game.

Made a lot of friends I would have never met because of that site and these raids.

PSA: I felt someone needed the gatekeeper Normal, Gorgon HM or Crota HM. I can "get" on whenever in the next ~1.5 hours. I will check the thread every hour or so
currently being a fucking hypocrite
. I will most likely solo VoG HM till the gorgon cp after the reset. So feel free to join me if I am online after the reset for free exotics
shards for me
. Quote me to confirm any interest.

This Service is bought to you by #TeamEpicSax, #TeamFirstTryHard and #TeamBubbleTrain. Glimmer earn will go towards the purchases of Heavy ammo Synthesis for their 12 hours long HM Crota Kill.
692133_o.gif

Update 1, now offering Crota HM checkpoints!
Update 2, Currently open every hour till 4:30 pm EST. Reopens at ~10 pm EST and please confirm if you have 3 characters that want to visit the gorgon HM CP
Update 3, Fully supporting Guardians who want the Crux of Crota
Update 4, I will hang around for the next 15 mins.
Update 5, PS4: iRAWRasaurus please state if you're from GAF, if not I will not accept you. Since I am getting blueberries "FR" in the tower now..

I may want to jump on that Gorgon cp on two of my characters.

yt7BsO.jpg

Occurs every 106 years in pairs that are 4 years apart, this showcases Venus moving across the face of the Sun as seen from Earth.
7D7Ad7.jpg

Wow, that Venus one is really cool. The Sun is so fucking huge it blows my mind.

yt7BsO.jpg

7D7Ad7.jpg

Awesome.

Deku Tree

yt7BsO.jpg

7D7Ad7.jpg

Looks pretty cool cosmos. Love the pics. Your PSN makes more sense now.

HM Crota while not sword runner: Meh.
HM Crota the first few times: #*($*%Q)Q%)
HM Crota the last three successful runs: Awesome.

I'm personally really enjoying it and can't wait to do it again. As for the Templar with just the Relic, man. I don't know. He's definitely going to enrage, so if you can handle the constant onslaught while cleansing. I imagine you'd need to kills adds > cleanse > super > block teleport > clear adds > super before he teleports? I don't think you'd have time to super twice without stopping the teleport, and melee isn't the way to go...

Yeah I talk a lot of smack about Crota but people who were in the fire team when we first downed normal mode can confirm my intense exhilaration. But Crota is paint-by-numbers-rinse-and-repeat and solo Templar is a crazy, free-flowing improvisation. Also, it's relatively "new" to me compared to C-bags.

Yeah, it's definitely an endurance test. Once or twice I've made it all the way into enrage and the way the Minotaurs start piling up.... oh man, it's definitely hilarious even if it's just a pipe dream. Even if it's impossible to kill him, it's fun to treat it as a "survival mode" like Gears of War or something. See how long you can last.

That's crazy talk. I could barely put Wolfenstein: New Order down. It's such a damned great game, I hope you can focus more time on it. And, to be fair, the first two missions are a little slow.

I think I am at the end. Got to the U-boat mission. Just having a hard time playing anything else when there are unfinished weekly reset activities left.

Wow, that Venus one is really cool. The Sun is so fucking huge it blows my mind.

Venus would be even smaller than it appears since we are seeing it at its distance between itself and the Sun. So it would be the size of a pen marked dot on this picture of the Sun.

The Sun itself is 99.9% of all the mass in our Solar System.

Looks pretty cool cosmos. Love the pics. Your PSN makes more sense now.

Haha, yeah.

Top Bottom