• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

patchday

No Black hammer or hunger of Crota for me...Ive gotten two Light of the Abyss and two Song of Ir Yut though....

I was thrilled when I got Light of the Abyss but then I looked at the stats and saw that long Charge time.

Will try leveling it up just to unlock perks but no current plan to install radiant energies

So what about it, Fun Runners? Will the "fun" die if we do HM instead of Normal?

Definitely do first two phases HM. For Crota, give HM a shot for ~1 hr max. If he isn't down by then but we are getting close and lag/glitches aren't too bad then maybe we power though.

If nobody is having fun after even 30-45 minutes just bag it and do normal Crota, especially if there are secondary/heavy weapons people still want.

I knew I should have put a "For comedic purposes only" disclaimer on that HoC/HV post. :p HoC is damn good honestly, and not a bad idea for HM Crota to use something like Red Death.

Sometimes my sense of humor doesn't come across very well in the written word... lol.

Lol...knew you were joking. Us non GHorners are just touchy ait the subject.

GRIP

Maybe I just suck or something but when I use my RLs that have Clusters I never notice anything else getting hit but the main target. I'll look at it somemore but cluster bombs have been feeling very useless

I feel dumb for picking Cluster on my IB Rocket Launcher (Raghast Fury).

There are only two enemies in the game that I've noticed cluster bombs being useful for- Devil Walkers and the tank in the Valus Ta'aurc strike. Pretty much need enemies that are really big and have there asses on the ground. Everything else is either too small to be effected by the clusters or hovers above the ground which makes them completely useless. Even Phogoth, for as big and slow as he is, usually will only get hit by maybe 1-2 cb's while the rest just go off around his feet.

2real4tv

I was thrilled when I got Light of the Abyss but then I looked at the stats and saw that long Charge time.

Will try leveling it up just to unlock perks but no current plan to install radiant energies

Probably one of the more useful CE raid weapons I use it all the time....plan c still king though

I'm gonna jump in real quick if tou don't mind? I'm already on your PSN list Langoit

Yep come on in! This Service is bought to you by #TeamEpicSax, #TeamFirstTryHard and #TeamBubbleTrain. And a new sponsor, #TeamNamiLongEpicQuestForNecrochasm.
Last min call, Next time the Gorgon HM, Gatekeeper NM and Crota HM will be departing is in an hour, which will be the last time until ~10 pm EST.

Boguester's Hard mode lab session tonight at 8:15 Central (subject to change based on the Dr.'s schedule)

1. DrDrizzay101
2. LTWood12-32 Titan(s)
3. SomeBenicillin-32 Warlock
4. Qwell-32 Warlock?
5. Daves78-31 Hunter
6. GKW212-32 Hunter

Alternate: stb (need your psn)

i'll send out chat invites around 8:15. If someone can't make it, I'll post here around then to see if anyone else is up for it.

Oh nice. Wasn't sure you had seen my post earlier about getting in on it. I'll be on and ready to roll when you guys are.

THE SUN!

Here is a sneak peek for some of our solar images, we have powerful solar telescopes we can see some amazing sights of.

The Earth was just put in by me through MS Paint for scale. We are only seeing 1/5 of the Sun in his picture too.

EmauiN.png

zewone

http://db.destinytracker.com/inventory/item/2609120349 [Murmur Charge is 25]
http://www.destinydb.com/items/1267147308-light-of-the-abyss#1.cMlJZIn8 [Light of the Abyss is 40]

I prefer really short charge time/high impact times in PvP. Murmur hits harder and charges faster. Taking a quick look at the stats, Murmur appears vastly superior to Light of the Abyss in every way possible

heh, 40 is faster than 25. LotA is almost twice as fast at charging.

The longer the bar on Charge Rate is filled, the faster it charges.

THE SUN!

Here is a sneak peek for some of our solar images, we have powerful solar telescopes we can see some amazing sights of.

The Earth was just put in by me through MS Paint for scale. We are only seeing 1/5 of the Sun in his picture too.

EmauiN.png

Well shit.... And our Sun is one of the smaller stars out there as well.

Deku Tree

The normal loot bubbles definitely fill in.

That's a good question, about the weapon drops. I noticed the extra gear and shards drop while we were running through the Abyss and Bridge but no special weapon at Crota :/

I did normal Crota this week already on all three toons, and I haven't gotten any shards or energies at Crota on Hard yet. Although I did get a helmet, a hawkmoon, and a Fang. And Glowhoo.

M3Rocket

Boguester's Hard mode lab session tonight at 8:15 Central (subject to change based on the Dr.'s schedule)

1. DrDrizzay101
2. LTWood12-32 Titan(s)
4. Qwell-32 Warlock?
5. Daves78-31 Hunter
6. GKW212-32 Hunter

Alternate: stb (need your psn)

i'll send out chat invites around 8:15. If someone can't make it, I'll post here around then to see if anyone else is up for it.

Please add me as alt: Warlock 32 w/Godhorn

LTWood12

I'm trying to get in on Ltwood's, too, so we'll see how that all goes.

Ok. I would like to run the HM CE that Ltwood is getting together but if it doesn't happen I'll be glad to run both the VoG and CE with your group.

Oh nice. Wasn't sure you had seen my post earlier about getting in on it. I'll be on and ready to roll when you guys are.

yeah sorry about that. meant to respond, but got busy w/ work stuff. looking forward to it! i sent you an FR.

I imagine you'd need to kills adds > cleanse > super > block teleport > clear adds > super before he teleports? I don't think you'd have time to super twice without stopping the teleport, and melee isn't the way to go...

Whoops, forgot to include this part in my initial reply, but just taking his shield down with the super does damage to his life bar. You don't need two rapid supers, which, like you said, seems very unlikely. Especially once Mino's start piling up, it's all about evasion and mobility, staying alive, not ever really trying to clear all adds, just enough to keep filling the super very rapidly.

When the super hits him, it gives two hit markers: ~ 4300 and ~2400. It makes the most sense to me that one of them is the shield damage and the other is the HP damage (just like shield break team vs. sword guy on Crota). Obviously very hard to tell which is which, but I was hypothesizing that each super does about <1% total HP meaning his total HP could be similar to Crota in the ~260,000 range. Pure speculation obviously at this early point.

patchday

Uhhh, I think you're looking at it wrong. Light of the Abyss has one of the quickest charge times in the game. Like, scary fast.

Ah the higher the number the quicker it charges? Ah cool. Will have to give Light of the Abyss a spin in Crucible sometime then

Deku Tree

THE SUN!

EmauiN.png

How do your telescopes compare to the ones in Arecibo Observatory?

spyder_ur

What East Coasters are down for a Snow Day Destiny Bonanza? Just saw my work canceled for the day in Boston. Finally, I don't have to sit at work and be jealous hearing about (seemingly) everyone else playing all day.

Carn82

I also like this one:

7936905134_61fa20b066_h.jpg

On August 31, 2012 a long filament of solar material that had been hovering in the sun's atmosphere, the corona, erupted out into space at 4:36 p.m. EDT. The coronal mass ejection, or CME, traveled at over 900 miles per second. The CME did not travel directly toward Earth, but did connect with Earth's magnetic environment, or magnetosphere, causing aurora to appear on the night of Monday, September 3.

The image above includes an image of Earth to show the size of the CME compared to the size of Earth.

Credit: NASA/GSFC/SDO

LTWood12

1. DrDrizzay101
2. LTWood12-32 Titan(s)
4. Qwell-32 Warlock?
5. Daves78-31 Hunter
6. GKW212-32 Hunter

Alternate: stb (need your psn); M3Rocket-32 Warlock

Please add me as alt: Warlock 32 w/Godhorn

Added.

http://www.destinydb.com/items/1267147308-light-of-the-abyss#1.cMlJZIn8 [Light of the Abyss is 40]

I prefer really short charge time/high impact times in PvP. Murmur hits harder and charges faster. Taking a quick look at the stats, Murmur appears vastly superior to Light of the Abyss in every way possible

Light of the Abyss is the superior fusion rifle.

Charge rate is not by time in how it is represented, 25 does not mean 25ms.

Higher is better. So Light of the Abyss has almost double the charge rate staff, making it almost half the charge time.

LiK

THE SUN!

EmauiN.png

SHOOT THE OVERSOUL

M3Rocket

For a fusion rifle, Light of the Abyss is actually is one of the fastest charging--discounting the swap perk of the Plan C.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

Please stop using fusion rifles in PVP. You're part of the problem. :p Thank you.

I'm interested in doing a HM crota (from checkpoint) tonight on xbox 1. I'm a level 32 hunter, but would strongly prefer not to be the swordrunner. I have a maxxed out crota's end and 50+ heavy ammo synths. Message me GT: SeventhGear. Thanks!

Palocca

Ah the higher the number the quicker it charges? Ah cool. Will have to give Light of the Abyss a spin in Crucible sometime then

Haha yeah, higher charge rate = less time between charging and firing. Give it a shot; there were times when I was able to fire off two shots before the guy in front of me had the chance to fire back. I felt bad for him.

Top Bottom