• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Please. Stop. Just... Please.

dont bother the impact is too low to one-hit people
Nope, Light of the Abyss is incredible in the Crucible.

But keep at it! Your crusade shall pay dividends one day :D

edit: Btw while many things in Destiny are obfuscated and not spelled out clearly, the stat we're talking about for Fusion Rifles is "Charge Rate." Higher=better makes sense :>

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Nope, Light of the Abyss is incredible in the Crucible.

But keep at it! Your crusade shall pay dividends one day :D

You must be catching people with their shields down because it simply can't compare with similar FRs with higher impact.

EL CUCO

I did normal Crota this week already on all three toons, and I haven't gotten any shards or energies at Crota on Hard yet. Although I did get a helmet, a hawkmoon, and a Fang. And Glowhoo.
Our first hard crota clear was my first one this week. I got 3 shards, 2 energies, Glowhoo and a Helm.
0jTxKuX.jpg

Hahaha I remember I did Atheon hard last week after tons of Crota, and when someone died I literally looked up to shoot the over soul -_-. I swear I had nightmares this past weekend that did nothing but say "guardian down".

KJRage

Looking for a hunter who can be sword carrier for HM. Got 5 right now. Everyone has beaten it at least once except one guy who is fairly new to HM.

Edit: Found someone. Feel free to add me though. I have some people from GAF added already.

PSN: The813Legend

Hahaha I remember I did Atheon hard last week after tons of Crota, and when someone died I literally looked up to shoot the over soul -_-. I swear I had nightmares this past weekend that did nothing but say "guardian down".

I killed Crota on Normal last weekend, Forgot I could have picked up the Chalice.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You must be catching people with their shields down because it simply can't compare with similar FRs with higher impact.
...no. I thought you didn't really use them? :p

The area in which Light of the Abyss can't really compete with my favored class of Fusion Rifles, or the exotic pair, is Range. It can oneshot people with ease from full health if they are closer than mid-range, and unlike many others charges fast enough to get a second shot off if you do fail to connect or kill.
Destiny vs Bioshock: Infinite?

What? How? What?
No Earthly Reason

(just named a new Destiny ship, I assume my check is in the mail Bungie)

stb

Boguester's Hard mode lab session tonight at 8:15 Central (subject to change based on the Dr.'s schedule)

1. DrDrizzay101
2. LTWood12-32 Titan(s)
3. SomeBenicillin-32 Warlock
4. Qwell-32 Warlock?
5. Daves78-31 Hunter
6. GKW212-32 Hunter

Alternate: stb (need your psn)

i'll send out chat invites around 8:15. If someone can't make it, I'll post here around then to see if anyone else is up for it.

PSN is berried_treasure

Please send me a PSN message and gaf PM if a slot opens up. I'll probably be in game and don't want to miss it because I wasn't reading the thread.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Just did this while helping some cool gaffers get that Hard Crota kill.

Works Every Time. Made it even easier.

Is that bubble just outside the right door or further out on the right circular plate Crota runs to? The map is a little lacking haha

Z3M0G

Would people prefer that this game had frequently dropping loot with minor differences, rather than working on leveling up each piece of gear?

I feel that the concept of leveling up your gear (something which seemed awesome at first) is ultimately what completely held this game back.

I'd like Destiny 2 to completely change this. Drop gear more often, ever looking for something slightly better than what you currently have. Scrap old stuff for crafting materials perhaps (as opposed to upgrade materials).

Yes... just make it like Diablo.

I know Destiny want's to do it's own thing... but I am level 31 and realized that I am that level because I purchased 4 pieces of gear from vendors and leveled them up. None of it was found. Next level cap I'll be buying 3 more pieces of gear and upgrading my Legendary again, and that'll likely be it.

Sure, getting to 32 is about finding gear... but is it really? It's more about running a specific dungeon and rolling a dice to get a specific item. Not really an exciting loot hunt at all.

This game is 99% all about shopping and upgrading.

yeah sorry about that. meant to respond, but got busy w/ work stuff. looking forward to it! i sent you an FR.

No worries. I'm just trying to get one more HM Crota kill on my alt. I got roped into an LFG game last night and it did not go over well... if I'M the one that has to explain the strategy to everyone, shit is not going to go well.

Mazre

Is that bubble just outside the right door or further out on the right circular plate Crota runs to? The map is a little lacking haha

The placing isn't too important, just be in range of the boomers and shootem a few times to grab their attention, pop bubble when you see shots fired. Dance furiously.

M3Rocket

There are only two enemies in the game that I've noticed cluster bombs being useful for- Devil Walkers and the tank in the Valus Ta'aurc strike. Pretty much need enemies that are really big and have there asses on the ground. Everything else is either too small to be effected by the clusters or hovers above the ground which makes them completely useless. Even Phogoth, for as big and slow as he is, usually will only get hit by maybe 1-2 cb's while the rest just go off around his feet.

Cluster bombs are useful for tightly grouped enemies. If the goal is to max DPS a single target like Phogoth, it doesn't work so well. Use a MG on Phogoth (I use Swarm and can unload 60 rounds with 80% or more hitting the critical spot)--it works better than a Godhorn for me.

M3Rocket

...no. I thought you didn't really use them? :p

The area in which Light of the Abyss can't really compete with my favored class of Fusion Rifles, or the exotic pair, is Range. It can oneshot people with ease from full health if they are closer than mid-range, and unlike many others charges fast enough to get a second shot off if you do fail to connect or kill.

No Earthly Reason

(just named a new Destiny ship, I assume my check is in the mail Bungie)

Yep--Plan C range is silly for a Fusion Rifle. Sometimes, I "feel" like it's got more range than a Fatebringer.

Manp

holy crap!

Roc strikes are the stuff dreams are made of! just got a Suros Regimen, a purple engram which turned into some warlock boots and a couple of blue engrams one of which turned into a void MG18A with field scout. all from one single strike!

this game loves me lately :)

Top Bottom