• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

patchday

Yep--Plan C range is silly for a Fusion Rifle. Sometimes, I "feel" like it's got more range than a Fatebringer.

Been waiting on Xur to bring a Plan C upgrade path again before I level it up. But man I sure could use a Plan C for the occasional blade dancer that might popup when I dont have a super handy. I hear its great for dispatching those guys

Zocano

Would people prefer that this game had frequently dropping loot with minor differences, rather than working on leveling up each piece of gear?

I feel that the concept of leveling up your gear (something which seemed awesome at first) is ultimately what completely held this game back.

I'd like Destiny 2 to completely change this. Drop gear more often, ever looking for something slightly better than what you currently have. Scrap old stuff for crafting materials perhaps (as opposed to upgrade materials).

Yes... just make it like Diablo.

I know Destiny want's to do it's own thing... but I am level 31 and realized that I am that level because I purchased 4 pieces of gear from vendors and leveled them up. None of it was found. Next level cap I'll be buying 3 more pieces of gear and upgrading my Legendary again, and that'll likely be it.

Sure, getting to 32 is about finding gear... but is it really? It's more about running a specific dungeon and rolling a dice to get a specific item. Not really an exciting loot hunt at all.

This game is 99% all about shopping and upgrading.

Or just do like all MMOs like to do and have guaranteed loot drops that people roll for.

FF14 was good about it but then they fucked it up
like all MMOs do
by letting you easily skip past Allagan and stuff without ever needing to do Turn 1-5 again.

Daemul

The ground pound is such a ridiculous super.

It's called a ground pound but even if you're 30ft in the air you die.

q3ohLtD.gif

Titan master race

Is that bubble just outside the right door or further out on the right circular plate Crota runs to? The map is a little lacking haha

Closer to the plate. Between Crotas spot and the door.
Fire a couple of rounds on the boomers. Once they start shooting you, place the bubble.

They really hate bubbles.

Jinjo

First week of Crota HM:

Three Word of Crota....

Thanks to the guys just now for sticking around. We shall henceforth be named as #TeamLag. Even when we were living half a second in the past, Crota could not best us.

Lee

That is how I feel about shotguns. Fusion rifles take skill.

I always assumed fusion rifles were broken, so I tried to use one. They're no worse than shotguns, and I feel that even with Plan C or Light of the Abyss, it takes more skill and awareness to do well than it does spamming with an invective or found verdict.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
q3ohLtD.gif

Titan master race

No no no stahp. Nobody is salty. I love my titan but he's right. Nobody is surprised when they get killed when standing in the middle of a nova bomb. It's expected because the damage area is obvious. But when you literally pound the ground and you are nowhere near the ground it's illogical. The animation and effects of the super should indicate it's damage so people can play accordingly.

TP-DK

First week of Crota HM:

Three Word of Crota....

Thanks to the guys just now for sticking around. We shall henceforth be named as #TeamLag. Even when we were living half a second in the past, Crota could not best us.

Yeah thanks for the (many) runs. Im so happy I got Word of Crota, especially after spending all my heavy ammo packs. If Xur doesnt sell heavy synth on friday Im gonna cry.

zewone

While shotguns are equally usable by people lacking skill, they don't have the ridiculous range of a FR. If you can show me a video of a shotgun one shotting someone from the distances I posted in the video, I'll retract my statement.

Please tell me the skill a FR takes. It's literally holding down the trigger and aiming with a high probability of one shotting someone even at outrageous distances.

M3Rocket

Been waiting on Xur to bring a Plan C upgrade path again before I level it up. But man I sure could use a Plan C for the occasional blade dancer that might popup when I dont have a super handy. I hear its great for dispatching those guys

The swap perk and the range makes Plan C worthy of the exotic slot. Especially on Arc burns. Just ask any Fallen Captains! ;-)

But I can only imagine how that works against a blade dancer. I'm allergic to crucible. Haven't been in there since the Thorn Bounty well over a month ago.

Lee

Please watch either of those videos that were posted and explain to me how it required any skill.

I guarantee if I took that shot in the second video with a fusion rifle, it would tick for like 12 damage. That was a freak occurrence.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Would people prefer that this game had frequently dropping loot with minor differences, rather than working on leveling up each piece of gear?

I feel that the concept of leveling up your gear (something which seemed awesome at first) is ultimately what completely held this game back.

I'd like Destiny 2 to completely change this. Drop gear more often, ever looking for something slightly better than what you currently have. Scrap old stuff for crafting materials perhaps (as opposed to upgrade materials).

Yes... just make it like Diablo.

I know Destiny want's to do it's own thing... but I am level 31 and realized that I am that level because I purchased 4 pieces of gear from vendors and leveled them up. None of it was found. Next level cap I'll be buying 3 more pieces of gear and upgrading my Legendary again, and that'll likely be it.

Sure, getting to 32 is about finding gear... but is it really? It's more about running a specific dungeon and rolling a dice to get a specific item. Not really an exciting loot hunt at all.

This game is 99% all about shopping and upgrading.
can't speak for anyone else and I'm sure many agree with you, but I don't want this at all. Choosing my most treasured acquisitions to fully upgrade has been a good portion of the draw for me once hitting the endgame. I also don't want to have to rely on random drops to progress at all (re: your vendor comment) like in other games. I think changes to the system should focus more on allowing prized, cherished weapons to remain viable long-term, without invalidating previous investment.

LTWood12

can't speak for anyone else and I'm sure many agree with you, but I don't want this at all. Choosing my most treasured acquisitions to fully upgrading has been a good portion of the draw for me once hitting the endgame. I also don't want to have to rely on random drops to progress at all (re: your vendor comment) like in other games. I think changes to the system should focus more on allowing prized, cherished weapons to remain viable long-term, without invalidating previous investment.

Absolutely this. Upgrading certain weapons builds some loyalty for it, and helps me improve with it. i'm having fun with the weapon i'm using, and not constantly wanting something better to drop (though when it does that's fun too).

I saw you on atleast a few groups over the weekend. no go?

what happened?

Just mistakes here and there. One run I swear we had him, but he had the tiniest bar of health left on last kneel after enrage...you could barely see it @_@. Just need to do this one run so I can go through the pain again tomorrow!

Navy Bean

I always assumed fusion rifles were broken, so I tried to use one. They're no worse than shotguns, and I feel that even with Plan C or Light of the Abyss, it takes more skill and awareness to do well than it does spamming with an invective or found verdict.

Agree and - this a proven fact - 99% of teabagers in PvP run around with shotguns. None of it really bothers me though as PvP is just a glorious mess anyways.

Dave_6

holy crap!

Roc strikes are the stuff dreams are made of! just got a Suros Regimen, a purple engram which turned into some warlock boots and a couple of blue engrams one of which turned into a void MG18A with field scout. all from one single strike!

this game loves me lately :)

Amazing. Among the countless strikes I've ran, I've never seen an exotic drop for me or anyone. I can't recall the last time I saw a legendary drop either.

Shotguns make sense and it's possible to play in a way where you avoid being in that range. (Radar) There is absolutely nothing unexpected or illogical about being wrecked by a shotgun at point blank range. Even up close, many take a headshot to kill a fully shielded opponent. So while it sucks to come around a corner and get blown away, at least it makes sense.

No no no stahp. Nobody is salty. I love my titan but he's right. Nobody is surprised when they get killed when standing in the middle of a nova bomb. It's expected because the damage area is obvious. But when you literally pound the ground and you are nowhere near the ground it's illogical. The animation and effects of the super should indicate it's damage so people can play accordingly.
Yeah, visually it should change. It would help in the perception of fairness.

Letting my cousins play Destiny for me, I'm hoping they can finish most of the grind I need to do so I can be ready for reset. I'm starting to save up 5k bounties on my 2 hunter in case Ballerhorn drops. Does saving up the package you get from doing a public event still get you 5K exp? I might start saving those as well

It takes skill to shoot someone while you're standing a mile away in perfect safety like in that video? lol...I don't use either but if I get killed by a shotgun it's because a guy was able to get in close on me. Fusion rifles are just cheap.

While shotguns are equally usable by people lacking skill, they don't have the ridiculous range of a FR. If you can show me a video of a shotgun one shotting someone from the distances I posted in the video, I'll retract my statement.

Please tell me the skill a FR takes. It's literally holding down the trigger and aiming with a high probability of one shotting someone even at outrageous distances.

If you wanna see some great FR play, check out realkraftyy's twitch sometime. Even I enjoy watching him work.

M3Rocket

Letting my cousins play Destiny for me, I'm hoping they can finish most of the grind I need to do so I can be ready for reset. I'm starting to save up 5k bounties on my 2 hunter in case Ballerhorn drops. Does saving up the package you get from doing a public event still get you 5K exp? I might start saving those as well

Yes it does.

Manp

Amazing. Among the countless strikes I've ran, I've never seen an exotic drop for me or anyone. I can't recall the last time I saw a legendary drop either.

a Roc strike gave me a purple engram that turned into my first Gjallarhorn. i fucking LOVE Roc strikes!

Just mistakes here and there. One run I swear we had him, but he had the tiniest bar of health left on last kneel after enrage...you could barely see it @_@. Just need to do this one run so I can go through the pain again tomorrow!

that happened a few times on our first go at it. we must have been a hair too late or crota just raised too fast. probably the most exhilerating moment of night (with the exception of the actual kill). crota game dem blue balls hard.

I got Hawkmoon and 4th Horseman from Roc Strikes within ~4 hours.

PSA: I felt someone needed the gatekeeper Normal, Gorgon HM or Crota HM. I can "get" on whenever in the next 15 mins
taking a shower
. Next time the checkpoint train leaves is ~10 pm EST. I will most likely solo VoG HM till the gorgon cp after the reset. So feel free to join me if I am online after the reset for free exotics
shards for me
. Quote me to confirm any interest.

This Service is bought to you by #TeamEpicSax, #TeamFirstTryHard, #TeamBubbleTrain and #TeamNamiLongEpicQuestForNecrochasm. Glimmer earn will go towards the purchases of Heavy ammo Synthesis for their 12 hours long HM Crota Kill.

Update 1, now offering Crota HM checkpoints!
Update 2, Currently open every hour till 4:30 pm EST. Reopens at ~10 pm EST and please confirm if you have 3 characters that want to visit the gorgon HM CP
Update 3, Fully supporting Guardians who want the Crux of Crota
Update 4, I will hang around for the next 15 mins.
Update 5, PS4: iRAWRasaurus please state if you're from GAF, if not I will not accept you. Since I am getting blueberries "FR" in the tower now..

Jinjo

Glowhoo looks so cool on Hunter. Since raid boots haven't dropped for that one yet I'm
gonna commit my 32 armor loadout to Radiant Dance Machines next week.

Also, when that feeling of hunger sets in and you remember you skipped dinner 4-5 hours ago because you were raiding in Destiny...

a Roc strike gave me a purple engram that turned into my first Gjallarhorn. i fucking LOVE Roc strikes!

glad it happened for someone. was running a roc on winters run. a dreg dropped a purple engram, it was a heavy. got back to the tower, waited with baited breathe. and.... one way ticket.

to dissapointmentsville

Top Bottom