• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

I got Hawkmoon and 4th Horseman from Roc Strikes within ~4 hours.

PSA: I felt someone needed the gatekeeper Normal, Gorgon HM or Crota HM. I can "get" on whenever in the next 15 mins
taking a shower
. Next time the checkpoint train leaves is ~10 pm EST. I will most likely solo VoG HM till the gorgon cp after the reset. So feel free to join me if I am online after the reset for free exotics
shards for me
. Quote me to confirm any interest.

This Service is bought to you by #TeamEpicSax, #TeamFirstTryHard, #TeamBubbleTrain and #TeamNamiLongEpicQuestForNecrochasm. Glimmer earn will go towards the purchases of Heavy ammo Synthesis for their 12 hours long HM Crota Kill.

Update 1, now offering Crota HM checkpoints!
Update 2, Currently open every hour till 4:30 pm EST. Reopens at ~10 pm EST and please confirm if you have 3 characters that want to visit the gorgon HM CP
Update 3, Fully supporting Guardians who want the Crux of Crota
Update 4, I will hang around for the next 15 mins.
Update 5, PS4: iRAWRasaurus please state if you're from GAF, if not I will not accept you. Since I am getting blueberries "FR" in the tower now..

I want mine with fries please

gunawi

Anybody up for quick Atheon hard before the reset? I have the check point. Will start as soon as we have enough.
1. Gunawi

that happened a few times on our first go at it. we must have been a hair too late or crota just raised too fast. probably the most exhilerating moment of night (with the exception of the actual kill). crota game dem blue balls hard.

Yeah, really sucks when you are like "HOME STRETCH, KILL THAT ASSHOLE!". Then....he stands up and you die.

glad it happened for someone. was running a roc on winters run. a dreg dropped a purple engram, it was a heavy. got back to the tower, waited with baited breathe. and.... one way ticket.

to dissapointmentsville

I'm pretty sure I had a purple heavy turn into ass shards. .

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Just thinking out of my ass here, but perhaps we would see less "almost dead but could n't quite get it" scenarios if the first R2 of an enrage kneel triggered the enrage? Is there enough time for that? (Hit him 7 times one of the pre-orge kneels instead of 6)

M3Rocket

can't speak for anyone else and I'm sure many agree with you, but I don't want this at all. Choosing my most treasured acquisitions to fully upgrade has been a good portion of the draw for me once hitting the endgame. I also don't want to have to rely on random drops to progress at all (re: your vendor comment) like in other games. I think changes to the system should focus more on allowing prized, cherished weapons to remain viable long-term, without invalidating previous investment.

Hear, hear!

The idea of simply acquiring a "Crux of Crota"-like item, or go on a "Weapon Bounty" to upgrade the Fatebringer (to 331 or whatever) would be soooooo welcomed!

Navy Bean

So, I have two L32 Warlocks. Now, against my better judgment, I'm thinking of running a third character in a new class. So, GAF, which should I choose, Hunter or Titan?

zewone

Just thinking out of my ass here, but perhaps we would see less "almost dead but could n't quite get it" scenarios if the first R2 of an enrage kneel triggered the enrage? Is there enough time for that? (Hit him 7 times one of the pre-orge kneels instead of 6)

If you did that wouldn't he enrage on the 3rd hit of the 5th kneel? Which means you might not beat the enrage timer for the 6th kneel?

EDIT: As far as I know it's the 16th hit, which should be the 6th kneel if you get 3 R2s per kneel.

I'm pretty sure I had a purple heavy turn into ass shards. .

im sure his has been mentioned before but engrams should not turn into upgrade materials. can you imagine decoding a blue straight into saphire wire. its gonna be saphire wire anyway but it doesnt decode into it, neither should legendaries.

Thinking about it all they really need to do is get rid of the "consecutive" requirement to fix it. It wouldn't help the Black Hammer as that thing only has three rounds in the mag anyway, and it slightly buffs the Word of Crota as well, cause it's pretty lackluster atm.

Hive disruptor might be worth it for the Word of Crota though depending on how much extra damage a single HC round does versus 3x hive major bonus damage. Most likely your DPS will be higher with the disruptor perk. Explosive rounds is another story though.

I don't know about programming so I don't know how they can fix it, but what I don't understand is how the issue wasn't caught during testing. When you think about the consecutive precision damage perk and the kind of damage hive disruptor outputs, it makes sense why the white nail perk is broken with hive disruptor active. I just don't understand how this was never caught by bungie. They should know how their game works better than anybody.

Bogeypop

a Roc strike gave me a purple engram that turned into my first Gjallarhorn. i fucking LOVE Roc strikes!

Did someone summon me?

yQJLI89.gif

can't speak for anyone else and I'm sure many agree with you, but I don't want this at all. Choosing my most treasured acquisitions to fully upgrade has been a good portion of the draw for me once hitting the endgame. I also don't want to have to rely on random drops to progress at all (re: your vendor comment) like in other games. I think changes to the system should focus more on allowing prized, cherished weapons to remain viable long-term, without invalidating previous investment.

Nailed it.

Just did this while helping some cool gaffers get that Hard Crota kill.

Works Every Time. Made it even easier.

Yeah I can't believe how flawless it was every single time. The "don't shoot anyone before you pick up the sword" thing is hit or miss without invisibros, but this strat works every time.

Also third Word of Crota, thanks smart loot.

if you watch figs kill she use R1 all the way. dont think it makes a differnce. but then again.. shes a master

in order to time it right im pretty sure you need the 3x6 hits to make sure the oversoul doesnt happen by suprise

Jinjo

You mean hit him one less time in one of the pre ogre kneels. That's when the 15th aka the enrage hit is on the final kneel. You do realise you would then have to get 4 R2 smashes of that final kneel right? And therefore have to be even more flawless.

Hitting him 7 times one of the pre ogre swords is definitely good to do, but it's not worth the possibility of getting out late and then die. Don't force it is the message. You would then get the enrage hit on the second smash of the first kneel of the third sword (still following it). Then one more smash that pre-final kneel and you'd only need two more hits on the enrage kneel.

Getting one extra smash in at a down was very helpful when I did it. usually the sword would despawn when he was at a sliver and enraged otherwise :(

First sword, First Down: R2, R2, R2, R2

Second Down: R2, R2, R2

Second Sword, First Down: R2, R2, R2

OGRES

Third Sword, First Down: R2, R2, R2

ENRAGED

Second Down: DEAD

R0ckman

Amazing. Among the countless strikes I've ran, I've never seen an exotic drop for me or anyone. I can't recall the last time I saw a legendary drop either.

This is crazy, most of my "Roc grinds" I've usually seen one exotic drop for someone. Playing for about 1 hour to an hour and a half.

eznark

Banned
No it won't.

Nothing specific to announce at this time, but the mistakes we made with the DLC1 reward economy will not be repeated:

Mistakes like:
  • Vendor gear invalidating the effort of VOG Raiders
  • Upgrading an Exotic reseting its talents

Our philosophy about rewards/loot continue to evolve as we see how players play and react.

We will continue to improve acquisition stories and frequency (My understanding of the perception is that Crota's End drop rates are much improved vs. Vault of Glass: footnote below), lessen the grind and get players to the fun parts of their arsenal faster.

On CE drop rates vs. VOG:
The Forever 29 meme was a killer for us.

We sat down and talked about the rewards for VoG and the rates vs. CE and ended up with the following:
  • increase drop rates globally in CE: we wanted dedicated players to be around 32 or real close by the time Hard mode came out.
  • increase the variability of perks that a given piece can roll.
    the goal here: players would reach 32 easier than 30, but would have more customization and options to build the perfect set (in terms of stats, perks, weapon affinities)
The part where this didn't work as well as we'd hoped is with the Shard economy. Shards are a are a barrier between you and equipping a sweet new piece of gear.

We want fewer barriers to equipping upgrades. The shard economies erect these barriers between players and the new piece of gear they just got.

We're not intending to adjust the shard economy for this Tier -- we don't want to invalidate player effort (again). But removing the barrier between that new drop you're excited to get and actually being able to equip it as a member of your arsenal are something we will do going forward.

Great but when are you coming back to madden

zewone

This is crazy, most of my "Roc grinds" I've usually seen one exotic drop for someone. Playing for about 1 hour to an hour and a half.

I've played a ridiculous amount of strikes and only recently have I seen or been the recipient of any exotics. It feels like they upped the drop rate since TDB.

Getting one extra smash in at a down was very helpful when I did it. usually the sword would despawn when he was at a sliver and enraged otherwise :(

OGRES

ENRAGED

this is the right answer. only thing to add:

after ogres run to crystal. wait for crota to move right then center again before 3rd sword

Very easy to get 4 R2s per shield break w/ Hunter invis as long as lag isn't kooky. I always go for 7 per sword, obviously don't want to do any more than that but it also sets you up for easier timing on the final sword, don't have to be very aggressive and risk some laggy bs killing the run at the last second.

Dave_6

a Roc strike gave me a purple engram that turned into my first Gjallarhorn. i fucking LOVE Roc strikes!

Yup. Countless. Only exotic I've seen was No Land Beyond someone got, but that doesn't even count.

I get better rewards every time I rank up the cryptarch. I just run ROC strikes to build up a stash of materials for my Titan and Warlock cause they're in dear need of them.

M3Rocket

If you did that wouldn't he enrage on the 3rd hit of the 5th kneel? Which means you might not beat the enrage timer for the 6th kneel?

EDIT: As far as I know it's the 16th hit, which should be the 6th kneel if you get 3 R2s per kneel.

The formula (I think from Reddit?) that my clan's swordbearer can atest to is 18xR2's to bring Crota down. Playing safe, with no supers (one super = 2xR2's), that's three swords, six kneels, 3xR2's per kneel. He gets enraged on 5th kneel on either the 14th or 15th R2 strike.

I've played a ridiculous amount of strikes and only recently have I seen or been the recipient of any exotics. It feels like they upped the drop rate since TDB.

Think you might be right. I had never really seen an exotic drop in Tiger, maybe one or two in all of my MANY hours grinding that shit. In the Roc playlist, I've received 3 myself (all dupes of course) and seen a handful drop for others.

OGRES

ENRAGED

Yeah, this seems ideal to me. I can usually get in 4 if I'm R2ing at the very beginning of his kneel animation. Pretty safe if I blink strike.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I got Hawkmoon and 4th Horseman from Roc Strikes within ~4 hours.

PSA: I felt someone needed the gatekeeper Normal, Gorgon HM or Crota HM. I can "get" on whenever in the next 15 mins
taking a shower
. Next time the checkpoint train leaves is ~10 pm EST. I will most likely solo VoG HM till the gorgon cp after the reset. So feel free to join me if I am online after the reset for free exotics
shards for me
. Quote me to confirm any interest.

This Service is bought to you by #TeamEpicSax, #TeamFirstTryHard, #TeamBubbleTrain and #TeamNamiLongEpicQuestForNecrochasm. Glimmer earn will go towards the purchases of Heavy ammo Synthesis for their 12 hours long HM Crota Kill.

Update 1, now offering Crota HM checkpoints!
Update 2, Currently open every hour till 4:30 pm EST. Reopens at ~10 pm EST and please confirm if you have 3 characters that want to visit the gorgon HM CP
Update 3, Fully supporting Guardians who want the Crux of Crota
Update 4, I will hang around for the next 15 mins.
Update 5, PS4: iRAWRasaurus please state if you're from GAF, if not I will not accept you. Since I am getting blueberries "FR" in the tower now..

What about #Team
LesbianBears
???

OGRES

ENRAGED

Is it possible to get 4 hits in with a lock or titan?

Very easy to get 4 R2s per shield break w/ Hunter invis as long as lag isn't kooky. I always go for 7 per sword, obviously don't want to do any more than that but it also sets you up for easier timing on the final sword, don't have to be very aggressive and risk some laggy bs killing the run at the last second.

When he hits health enrage, does his shield go up immediately or can you do 1-2 more R2s before blinking and going in for the final 3 hits?

Is it possible to get 4 hits in with a lock or titan?

I bet you could if you did it on the first kneel. Basically if you see 3 ghorn explosions hit him you can start R2 hits without waiting for his kneel. (Within reason)

Edit: don't forget to hold up on the left analog stick...

patchday

Would people prefer that this game had frequently dropping loot with minor differences, rather than working on leveling up each piece of gear?

I feel that the concept of leveling up your gear (something which seemed awesome at first) is ultimately what completely held this game back.

I'd like Destiny 2 to completely change this. Drop gear more often, ever looking for something slightly better than what you currently have. Scrap old stuff for crafting materials perhaps (as opposed to upgrade materials).

Yes... just make it like Diablo.

I know Destiny want's to do it's own thing... but I am level 31 and realized that I am that level because I purchased 4 pieces of gear from vendors and leveled them up. None of it was found. Next level cap I'll be buying 3 more pieces of gear and upgrading my Legendary again, and that'll likely be it.

Sure, getting to 32 is about finding gear... but is it really? It's more about running a specific dungeon and rolling a dice to get a specific item. Not really an exciting loot hunt at all.

This game is 99% all about shopping and upgrading.

I'd love to go to a Diablo system but let's face it we'd all have nothing to do if they got rid of the Gear XP system (well beyond the other endgame activities). Let's be thankful. In Mass Effect 3 mutliplayer it was even more shitty. RNG decided whether or not you got an upgrade to your equipment. I suppose it's kind of like the Exotic Xur upgrade thing but worse. Going forward I will endeavor to avoid any online RPGs with a similar system. During blues/greens leveling up (pre-20s / pre-endgame) its fun but once you get to legenary+ it begins to take its toll

ERMint13

That is how I feel about shotguns. Fusion rifles take skill.

Exactly...I can't stand shotgun especially if you are a blinking moron and thats all you do.

BTW thanks for the Crota kill last night. If you ever need some guys again just request Welcome again or myself(Brolly1016)

Exactly...I can't stand shotgun especially if you are a blinking moron and thats all you do.

BTW thanks for the Crota kill last night. If you ever need some guys again just request Welcome again or myself(Brolly1016)

I'm tempted to say that blink jump+shotgun morons are worse than FR jerks. But otherwise I disagree. :p

Top Bottom