• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Karl2177

No it's not. DeeJ revealed in a stream that it was not. Apparently it was an accident to mention it because he back tracked and the video is erased.

It's random, but they can add and manipulate if they want to. DeeJ is 100% incorrect about that.

Rubenov

I really hope bungie fixes the black hammer and word of crota one of these days.

Upgraded my Word of Crota through everything except that perk, and it doesn't get the nice orange square around the gun like when you fully upgrade one. I'm OCD about stuff like that, but will deal with it until the perk is fixed or removed.

westtrade

Neo Member
What is your experience with the fight? I get home at the same time and would really love to finally get a kill under my belt, as well. I've Gjallahorn, Saint-14, and plenty of time tonight.

I know all parts of the fight, I just need help from some people who will focus and get the job done. If you are free, we can team up for sure.

GAF XBOX ONE Destiny (& crota hm) list thus far;

- Liquidsnake00 (32 Hunter)
- randomraawr
- dmh33 (32 Warlock x2 [dirty])
- Korosenai
- Tapiozona (32 Hunter)
- purg3 (32 Titan x3)
- Iceman829 (32 Hunter, 32 Warlock, 31 Titan)
- Homeboyd903 (32 Titan x3)
- TacticalFailure (32 Titan, 31 warlock, 31 hunter)
- yLEFTy (32 titan and hunter and 31 warlock)
- Mortalikus (32 Titan)
- Ev0lved1 (31 Titan)

Gt misterthirsty, I mainly piggy back off of icemans killing. Or get lost trying to find the gorgon chest. 2x32 Titans and 31 warlock.

noomi

Upgraded my Word of Crota through everything except that perk, and it doesn't get the nice orange square around the gun like when you fully upgrade one. I'm OCD about stuff like that, but will deal with it until the perk is fixed or removed.

lmfao, I did the same thing, and yes it bothers the shit out of me as well.

Also heard that if you have explosive rounds the ammo refill doesn't work either, shit.

What: HM Crota kill 1-2x, fuck you red bars edition (edit: also we can do a fresh HM run or two, whatever, depending on who needs what)

When: ~3-3:30pm EST (does this work for people?)

Who:

1.) Dickbag MaGoo
2.) Casmith
3.) Steroyd
4.) Darryl
5.) JrMint aka Final Fantasy 4
6.) Yzen, IRawr, ___? depending on who is available when

I didn't realize until trying to make this post that we have 7+ people not even including Mattiator but this is actually a good thing since some people may need to do it sooner and some people later and we need to have alternates to account for you red bar bastards (probably be my red bar this time, I jinxed it).
This seminar presentation is longer then I tho. Won't be back till ~ 3:45 pm est. Go on without if you guys want.

Im on gmt+1. The funny thing is that the game we did before there wasnt any lag, except the one Guy who seemed to get raped by the swordbearer but actually wasnt.

lol yeah YzenUp who is also GMT+1 so go figure. I have no idea what the deal is, so silly.

hydruxo

Yeah it's going to annoy me like crazy but I'm not making that mistake like I did with Black Hammer back before people knew about the Hive perk bug

It's random, but they can add and manipulate if they want to. DeeJ is 100% incorrect about that.

Wasnt the social media campaign a few months ago proof is wasnt random? They were on twitter and facebook polling "what is the most sought after weapon a few days before Xur. For some god awful reason Suros won (love the weapon but come on, horn should of gotten way more response)

Apotheosis Veil is suddenly the best exotic helm for Warlocks in the hard raid. Didn't realize it had health on super AND health from orbs. Ranking it up immediately (along with Red Death for my hunter.)

ocean

Banned
If any Heroic CE runs are starting soon without too much pressure, I'd love to join the first two sections on my 31 Warlock. I can then swap out to my 32 Titan for Deathsinger/Crota so I can help out (already cleared with him but he's my only 32).

I could really use the extra shards and weapon rolls. :)

hydruxo

Forgive my ignorance, but what's wrong with WoC? Just got mine last night and don't want to fully upgrade it if there is an issue.

Hive Disruptor perk messes up the Phantom Gift perk (3 precision shots in rapid succession return 1 round to the mag) when you shoot Hive majors

Same thing happened with Black Hammer and Bungie removed the Hive perk until they could work on a fix

I've only gotten the scout so far, what's the verdict on a maxed Word? Any good for PvE or PvP?

This seminar presentation is longer then I tho. Won't be back till ~ 3:45 pm est. Go on without if you guys want.

Ok, we might fire up a run sooner rather than later if we have 6 people with decent connections ready to go but obviously we'll get you in there ASAP.

Man, this thing where my PS4 keeps ejecting my disc whenever it feels like it is starting to become worrysome.

Normally it does it when the system is in rest mode, so no problem, but the past two days now it's ejected on me while actually playing.

Wasnt the social media campaign a few months ago proof is wasnt random? They were on twitter and facebook polling "what is the most sought after weapon a few days before Xur. For some god awful reason Suros won (love the weapon but come on, horn should of gotten way more response)

How is that proof? It seems like it's just standing marketing trying to keep peoples attention.

blackflag

What: HM Crota kill 1-2x, fuck you red bars edition (edit: also we can do a fresh HM run or two, whatever, depending on who needs what)

When: ~3-3:30pm EST (does this work for people?)

Who:

1.) Dickbag MaGoo
2.) Casmith
3.) Steroyd
4.) Darryl
5.) JrMint aka Final Fantasy 4
6.) Yzen, IRawr, ___? depending on who is available when

I didn't realize until trying to make this post that we have 7+ people not even including Mattiator but this is actually a good thing since some people may need to do it sooner and some people later and we need to have alternates to account for you red bar bastards (probably be my red bar this time, I jinxed it).

Aight I'll be on that looks like 30 min from now.

- randomraawr
- Korosenai
- Tapiozona (32 Hunter)
- purg3 (32 Titan x3)
- Mortalikus (32 Titan)
- Ev0lved1 (31 Titan)
- SimpleCRIPPLE (32 Titan(x2))
- Vince DiCola (32 Warlock, 31 Titan, 31 Hunter)
- Karl2177 (32 Hunter, 31 Titan, 31 Warlock)
- Macjester (31 Hunter, 31 Titan, 30 Warlock -- very soon 31)
- Toejam2501 (32 Warlocks x2, 31 Titan)
- Guitaratomik (Warlock 31 (Titan 31 soon))

Feel free to add everyone to your friend's lists.

thanks for doing that.

Is no land beyond worth it?

Is P & T better?

Yeah, Deathsinger can be done on Normal since the drop is the same I guess.

DS and Shrieker chest definitely don't give double drops, but darkness, bridge and Crota phases definitely do. Haven't bothered grabbing first chest on a HM run but I assume it doesn't give double drops, same as Shrieker chest.

Gonna test it now that's fully upgraded (minus that perk); my initial reaction would be "so-so"

Cool, thanks. That's "The Word" I've heard from other people with it as well.

Apotheosis Veil is suddenly the best exotic helm for Warlocks in the hard raid. Didn't realize it had health on super AND health from orbs. Ranking it up immediately (along with Red Death for my hunter.)

Yeah it's my go to now. Which is funny because I sharded it twice before getting a third and deciding to keep it.

someday

Banned
I like when Dinklebot waits a couple of stages of enemies before he decides "I'll work faster". That only always kills me.
This drives me crazy every time he says it. All I can think is, "Why the hell haven't you been working as fast as possible already?"

blackflag

DS and Shrieker chest definitely don't give double drops, but darkness, bridge and Crota phases definitely do. Haven't bothered grabbing first chest on a HM run but I assume it doesn't give double drops, same as Shrieker chest.

Cool, thanks. That's "The Word" I've heard from other people with it as well.

Well I guess if nothing else it has to at least be better than Epilogue for Void.

LiK

definitely disappointed Deathsinger doesn't give double drops for all those shit Ultra adds you need to deal with afterwards in HM. no one can be revived until next CP.

E92 M3

My first clear was amazing:

Word of Crota
Ice Breaker
Ship
Shader

Followed up with the fang on the next one. Ahhhhh

Doubling up on loot is worth it for Crota ;)

We're just a few weeks away from these weapons being outclassed by standard legendaries again. No real need to bother with them :]

Fatebringer still kicks ass and the Black Hammer will kick ass in House of Wolves raid. No questions.

I really hope bungie fixes the black hammer and word of crota one of these days.

One of these days....

Yes, yesterday I mentioned how that dumb green bar on my BH is annoying me. I truly think they don't like to actually do any difficult developing besides fixing easy things and weapon balances. Maybe I am ignorant, but it feels like that sometimes.

Mindlog

Still need to run my Warlock and Hunter from the start to Deathsinger in Hard Mode Crota's End.

Likely will be looking to do it late tonight, like midnight or so.

You get the double rolls at each section correct? No need to run normal? Same as VOG?
I can run my Titan with you.
I don't know if it's double rolls or not, BUT my Hunter got the Helm after lamps last night @_@.

Wait I'm dumb. let me solo Normal with him real quick.

Man, this thing where my PS4 keeps ejecting my disc whenever it feels like it is starting to become worrysome.

Normally it does it when the system is in rest mode, so no problem, but the past two days now it's ejected on me while actually playing.

This happened to me a few times, although when it was in sleep mode only. I googled and apparently it's a real thing and if it keeps happening you gotta send it to Sony. I started turning off my PS4 and it hasn't happened since.

R0ckman

No shit? Man, what the fuck.

Yeah it was on Ustream, he said he asked (an entity he didn't clearly identify) if Xur would sell the solar warlock gaunlets again. They responded by saying - "Are you asking as a gamer or community manager?"

Actually I found out about this on GAF, saw the stream. Later when the "Is Xur random?" Kept popping up again I went to get the video and it was gone. Then found out that DeeJ claimed he "didn't remember" saying anything about it.

Deku Tree

First of all, awesome idea
Second, they should have gave everyone g-horn after the collasal fuck up with undelivering with hard mode.

Um... I know that's possibly the consensus view in this thread right now... But I'm not sure if Bunige sees it that way TBH. It is hard mode.

I really really don't think it's random, although some elements like heavy synth and exotic engrams may be random-ish. If the DLC Weeks, most desired exotics missing week after week, Bungie employees stating it directly, etc. don't convince people I don't know what will. (edit: also the Twitter poll where Suros won and then was selected as the Xur weapon).

That ol' Icebreaker she ain't what she used to be but was still heavily requested which is why it was featured again (imo of course).

How is that proof? It seems like it's just standing marketing trying to keep peoples attention.

Its not iron clad proof but makes you wonder everyone said Suros and then Xur sold Suros that week

Is there a reason why my buddy keeps getting emails from Bungie that say an unknown benefactor has sent him 1000 vanguard rep?

its happened twice now.

Yeah it was on Ustream, he said he asked (an entity he didn't clearly identify) if Xur would sell the solar warlock gaunlets again. They responded by saying - "Are you asking as a gamer or community manager?"

Actually I found out about this on GAF, saw the stream. Later when the "Is Xur random?" Kept popping up again I went to get the video and it was gone. Then found out that DeeJ claimed he "didn't remember" saying anything about it.

smh.

I do not want to know their logic/reasoning for choosing No Land Beyond or any other repeat for that matter.

- randomraawr
- Korosenai
- Tapiozona (32 Hunter)
- purg3 (32 Titan x3)
- Mortalikus (32 Titan)
- Ev0lved1 (31 Titan)
- SimpleCRIPPLE (32 Titan(x2))
- Vince DiCola (32 Warlock, 31 Titan, 31 Hunter)
- Karl2177 (32 Hunter, 31 Titan, 31 Warlock)
- Macjester (31 Hunter, 31 Titan, 30 Warlock -- very soon 31)
- Toejam2501 (32 Warlocks x2, 31 Titan)
- Guitaratomik (Warlock 31 (Titan 31 soon))

Feel free to add everyone to your friend's lists.

Here is another one for you:

- Natural vV High (32 Hunter, 31 Titan)

I've only gotten the scout so far, what's the verdict on a maxed Word? Any good for PvE or PvP?

Ok, we might fire up a run sooner rather than later if we have 6 people with decent connections ready to go but obviously we'll get you in there ASAP.
It's all good, still got to write a lab report. Frankly still at the point if I want to countine dealing with this grind fest due to the dgaf or move on for now.

hydruxo

I was really hoping Xur would have the Red Death upgrade this weekend. I'll keep using Suros for HM for the time being.

E92 M3

On the Bungie website, Glowhoo shader is supposed to color the gloves and some other parts of the hunter (shoulder blade). In the actual game, only the knee caps, and chest are colored. Glitch?

purg3

slept with Malkin

I'll have mine maxed today, then I can compare between the other hand cannons. I have mine halfway right now, and so far it's okay for PVE.

But I'm not sure if Bunige sees it that way TBH. It is hard mode.

Not the point. HM VoG was plenty hard at the level cap because it relied on mechanical complexity not brute damage scaling. Many teams I play HM VoG with even nowadays wipe runs because they forget certain details of the Atheon encounter.

Crota is a broken fight because of the damage output of a sword runner at the same level as Crota. So instead of making Crota Lv33 in a Lv32 raid they just made the whole HM raid Lv33... which is boring.

I'll have mine maxed today, then I can compare between the other hand cannons.

Right on, thanks. As a void primary (and me a lover of HCs) I'm still hoping it can be a go-to weapon for the time being, even if it's not FBringer 2.0.

Top Bottom