• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Stillmatic

Making progress on solo HM Crota. Warlocks are the way to go. Use Starfire Protocol with viking funeral and touch of flame. I can reliably get him down now unless the good old horn decides to crap itself and the wolfpack don't show up for the party.

The problem is the damage you are doing with the sword. I can't manage to kill him before the timer enrage goes off and even if I could get him before the problem is you can't kill him once he auto enrages at 15% health. I mean by yourself it takes longer to down him so you die from the Oversoul before you can finish him off. I tried this with a team earlier. We got him low and then I told them to just let me do it myself. I did my thing and downed him but got killed by the Oversoul after I got the first hit in.

I will continue to try and think of things and maybe slayer will prove me wrong once he has his Warlock at 32 but I don't see it happening at all with the level disadvantage.

What are you doing to down him after he enrages? 2 Ghorns, then Grenade, while Grenades is Burning reload Ghorn and unload again? If that's not quick enough, I don't know what would do it. :/

I wonder if 3 Dragon's Breaths and then 2 grenades would get him down (might even take less than that), as that could be quicker without reloading + Dragons Breath's DOT.

Damn hard regardless. :p

Bogeypop

Kadey is supposed to be our 6th but I haven't heard from her yet today.

If she doesn't get back to us soon you're in!

I thought I was your 6th since Kadey said she probably wouldn't make it.
7xIR9ul.png

spyder_ur

Definitely NOT going to jinx us by talking about multiple runs!

We should do multiple runs.

If a spot opens up in those
multiple runs
please let me know. Just really looking for one clear. I'm going to start my snow day drinking exercise though. Ticking timebomb.

Frostburn

Starting a group for HM Crota kill

1. Frostburn
2. therealminime
3. RobDraggoo

Sorry guys looks like no one is interested at the moment.

Ambitious

Well the rapier is shit so of course it's better. I laugh every time people say it's a Fatebringer killer. It's a scout and a scout with only 13 round mag at that. Thanks but no thanks.

No Firefly. :(

But Rapier has a shitty low ammo clip. Fang has two more bullets in its clip but it also has Field Scout which nearly doubles the clip size.

Yeah, the magazine size of the Rapier is bothering me too. The lack of elemental damage is a shame as well, but that's not something to expect from a Vendor weapon anyway.

I have to give Fang a try if I can get it.

M3Rocket

Boguester's Hard mode lab session tonight at 8:15 Central (subject to change based on the Dr.'s schedule)

1. DrDrizzay101
2. LTWood12-32 Titan(s)
3. SomeBenicillin-32 Warlock
4. Qwell-32 Warlock?
5. Daves78-31 Hunter
6. GKW212-32 Hunter

Alternates:

1. berried_treasure
2. m3rocket
3. spyder_ur

See you guys in 30-40 minutes. i'll send out party chat invites a little after 8 central. Can't wait to hear Dave's pep talk.

If everyone shows, maybe us alts could start another "run?"

Well the rapier is shit so of course it's better. I laugh every time people say it's a Fatebringer killer. It's a scout and a scout with only 13 round mag at that. Thanks but no thanks.

Well, for us plebs not blessed to have Fatebringer or Fang, the Rapier is a damn good gun.

LTWood12

Boguester's Hard mode lab session tonight at 8:15 Central (subject to change based on the Dr.'s schedule)

1. DrDrizzay101
2. LTWood12-32 Titan(s)
3. SomeBenicillin-32 Warlock
4. Qwell-32 Warlock?
5. Daves78-31 Hunter
6. GKW212-32 Hunter

Alternates:

1. berried_treasure
2. m3rocket
3. spyder_ur

See you guys in 30-40 minutes. i'll send out party chat invites a little after 8 central. Can't wait to hear Dave's pep talk.

Just waiting on Boguester. Take your time Doc. Alts, everyone is here for now. But if someone drops berried is up first. I may do another run at 10:15 with T-44.

Sullichin

I bought the Rapier because I had nothing else to buy with my marks. I'd use it if I didn't have Badger with firefly. Can't go back to lower impact scouts now, even MIDA doesn't pack enough of a punch per shot really

I bought the Rapier because I had nothing else to buy with my marks. I'd use it if I didn't have Badger with firefly. Can't go back to lower impact scouts now, even MIDA doesn't pack enough of a punch per shot really

Love Mida, but after using a high impact scout, I agree. TTK just isn't quite there.

Dirtbag

I think I've narrowed down the single biggest problem with Crota fight. Its simply the layout of the ground level in relation to the sword carrier. The randomness of that loser getting stuck behind things.. You can run everything perfectly, and his path on the ground can throw it all off. Crap design

Top Bottom