• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

HM Crota is the most joyless fucking encounter design. Win or lose doesn't matter, it's just a drag. Sorry to everyone in that last group, so infuriating to get so close so many times.

Edit: also if anyone is trying to fuck him up before reset I'm down for more Crota runs.

Yes please, haven't done a single hm crota raid this week, would like one crack at it before weekly reset.

If not then I'm up for 3x crota raids after reset.

everyone has to up their game.

That really has nothing to do with it... people focus way too much on the end result when talking about this: i.e. "people are only pissed because they didn't kill him" etc. etc. (edit: counterpart to this is "wooow so cool because we killed him, awesome!")

I've done first try kills that were only fun because of the people I played with and the same is true for no-kill-wipe-a-thons. On his best day, Crota is still a bore: "follow these exact steps over and over." That doesn't mean only some given strat works, that means the timing of all elements is so poorly tuned that I feel like a fucking robot in a straight jacket every run. A robot that is either more stressed or more bored depending on if I'm running sword or not.

I'm not sure if people know what I mean when I talk about "the encounter itself".... (edit: also not sure what you meant by spawn behavior)

Yes please, haven't done a single hm crota raid this week, would like one crack at it before weekly reset.

If not then I'm up for 3x crota raids after reset.

Cool, let's see if there are enough people to fire it up again:

1.) Complainy McBitchathon
2.) DJ Ruthless
3.) Lupin
4.)
5.)
6.)

3 spots available.

ocean

Banned
The Crota fight itself isn't bad (enrage aside, and spawn behaviour), everyone has to up their game. No slacking in the back. Its just the beginning, activating the crystal, fighting the tedious enemies before you can attack Crota again. Why did those enemies have to be 33 also?
I actually don't mind. As long as you have a Blessing of Light bubble in there you should clear that in about a minute or two and come out with full health, plenty of orbs and if you're lucky some ammo drops.

I'm not even saying the encounter is particularly difficult. It's just annoying in a way Atheon isn't. I've done Heroic Crota in a single try with a freshly formed team (based Dhruv at the Sword) and I've been stuck at it for hours. Being under leveled makes it an annoying encounter because it remains mechanically simple but leaves you at the mercy of stuff you don't control like Swordbearer's pathfinding, unpredictable Boomer aggro, Crota getting up at varying speeds or developing night vision to stealth murder you even while invisible. All of this is still true on Normal, but being under leveled takes away the breathing room.

Take Heroic Templar on the other hand. You can have a full team being over leveled and it still requires good coordination. It's challenging but not annoying. There's fewer things happening beyond your control. No matter what level you are, it's still a solid, fun encounter.

Once we hit level 33+, Heroic CE will be exactly the same thing as Normal, minus revives: a 40 minute event to rush through.

Edit: ^ agreed ocean about the starting enemies, they take no time at all.

1.) Pop Blessing bubble. Acolyte chip damage will be absorbed by over shield, no problem
2.) Stun-lock Knights w/ BHam and drop their health super quick.
3.) Finish off Knights w/ supers, orbs all day to refill everyone's supers and/or health

Just wondering has anyone gotten to 4 swords for CE HM?

I've never seen it. Every run that goes past 3 swords gives a 2nd Ogre phase which might as well be Enrage given the damage scaling of those fat fucks.

Steroyd

I've never seen it. Every run that goes past 3 swords gives a 2nd Ogre phase which might as well be Enrage given the damage scaling of those fat fucks.

Why not go in the tower if the 3rd sword doesn't happen, worse that could happen is we get a good angle on the swordbearer... hiding behind that rock.

This just makes the timing more tight, which is a pain due to the stupid glitches, lag and bugs. Some of my scrubbie causal RL friends made it to lvl32 today. They said "cant wait for HM" all I did was laugh, since 1 of them finally learn how to the do the bridge legit, the other still doesnt know it. I cant do Crota HM with them for my own sanity.

Feorax

Cool, let's see if there are enough people to fire it up again:

1.) Complainy McBitchathon
2.) DJ Ruthless
3.) Lupin
4.)
5.)
6.)

3 spots available.

Im up for it if you dont mind a 31 tagging along. I can bring a HoC and Ice Breaker to the party.

PSN: MattIgoe.

DJ88

Anyone have a HM bridge CP? Me and another are trying to do it real quick before reset. Don't need a full party since we can cheese it, just need the checkpoint.

HM Crota is the most joyless fucking encounter design. Win or lose doesn't matter, it's just a drag. Sorry to everyone in that last group, so infuriating to get so close so many times.

Edit: also if anyone is trying to fuck him up before reset I'm down for more Crota runs.

It really is a lame encounter

KeRaSh

Anyone have a HM bridge CP? Me and another are trying to do it real quick before reset. Don't need a full party since we can cheese it, just need the checkpoint.

How are you guys doing it? I can solo it but I'm always looking for optimizations.

Any groups forming for last minute HM Crota kill before reset? 32 Warlock with Godhorn and ammo synths. I have the CP.

Or I could do Atheon Hard with a 32 Titan. I have the GK CP.

I suggest not wasting time trying to farm it. I got mine doing the Eris bounties, which require you to do the fist of crota mission pretty much every day. I got two of them in fact

Lima

We just did it. Second sword disappeared so we had to kill Ogres a second time. No big deal with heavy ammo glitch. His timer enrage is only after 10 minutes so you have more than enough time.

This just makes the timing more tight, which is a pain due to the stupid glitches, lag and bugs. Some of my scrubbie causal RL friends made it to lvl32 today. They said "cant wait for HM" all I did was laugh, since 1 of them finally learn how to the do the bridge legit, the other still doesnt know it. I cant do Crota HM with them for my own sanity.

It's fine. That's what Drizzay's here for
gao gao

y4QrOR.gif

So fun! What an awesome fight because he didn't randomly decide to insta-kill me from immune.

vQlQwb.gif

Damn, really should have stepped up my game so he didn't insta-kill my invisible ass.

Admittedly I should have done the safer play to hit 2 R2s then stealth extra early to avoid this kind of dick-baggery (invis on first gif is clearly earlier)... but.... arggle barrgle. I intentionally picked two Enrage examples to show that he doesn't automatically stand up super quick (2nd gif) because of enrage.

Jinjo

It really is. Spend a good hour and a half yesterday with some gaffers trying to bring him down, but lag was killing us. When we finally did I had to fullfill the promise that I made to my friends to kill him on normal. Spend like two hours in that room last night. I felt dead one the inside after.

Funny thing was, when I was on normal with my friends I was swordbearer and kept forgetting the chalice lol. At one point I died and we just lost the chalice too haha. So then we were like fuck it let's do without. It was the sloppiest run ever, friends kept dying so much (was only their second attempt at crota) but we nearly got him too lol.

@Lupin, Matt, etc.: Join on me whenever you are ready and we can bust his ass up quick.

Everyone will still get "last week's" loot drops as long as we beat him without signing out or changing characters, even if it goes a little past reset.

@Lupin, Matt, etc.: Join on me whenever you are ready and we can bust his ass up quick.

Everyone will still get "last week's" loot drops as long as we beat him without signing out or changing characters, even if it goes a little past reset.

I have a friend who can join too..should be 6 now.

Edit: he's in. We're all in your fireteam, watching your hunter dance over our corpses :p

Good day for me yesterday. Trying to three man the Deathsinger with two randoms for a while, then Jinjo swoops in and we beat it - first time. I get a Hawkmoon. One of the few exotics I didn't have and my most desired weapon. Then log in last night to get my 9 strange coins (aka heavy ammo) and get a legendary engram. Turns into Mask of the Third Man. Level 32 infusion is mine! I'm coming for you, Crota.

We just did it. Second sword disappeared so we had to kill Ogres a second time. No big deal with heavy ammo glitch. His timer enrage is only after 10 minutes so you have more than enough time.

Oh yeah, I always forget about that glitch just because I usually don't bother with it. I don't have anything else to buy with strange coins so I buy 400+ heavy every time Xur has them.

I imagine the sword glitch actually "helps" for getting through the 2nd Ogre wave in time since you don't spend those 30+ seconds actually using that sword. I'm sure you could get through 2nd Ogre wave just fine with a well organized team even without the glitch, but most of the teams I'm trying to help are essentially Gaf PUGs that probably haven't ever played together before.

Shaba-daaaa! Shaba-daba-dabaaaa! No but really..I <3 my rl friends but they will break your back.

lol so true

want to hop in and help out for a quick Scrota'ing?

I have a friend who can join too..should be 6 now.

Edit: he's in. We're all in your fireteam, watching your hunter dance over our corpses :p

haha we only have 5 now it seems... 1 more?

I would wipe so you could respawn but then I'd just have to wipe again once the 6th joins... don't worry I'll be sure to throw some bags your way....

Top Bottom