• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

DJ88

Does climping the building spawn the Ogres by itself after dealing with some trash on the other side? No jumping across the bridge or any of these shenanigans? Jumping is easy enough but it's really not safe on the other side... :D
All the videos I've seen of people jumping up the building had them cross the bridge and kill the Ogres from the other side afterwards, which made the climbing pretty pointless if you can just jump over there without climbing to the top anyways...

Nah no need to kill the ogres on their side. We construct the bridge and get one guy across so the adds spawn over threre. He chills and hides next to a small pillar or box that's right next to the bridge so all the ads ignore him. Then we just jump up to the roof and snipe things till the ogres spawn and snipe them as well.

Sounds like a good week. Better turn in as I have a career expo to look into, as well as see if the base's education center has the program I need for my certification on their computers (given that my macbook can't run it cuz medical/military stuff doesn't play nice on apple stuff).

Will try and run stuff though later today, and hopefully get my alt to finally run through a good deal of it too.

KeRaSh

Nah no need to kill the ogres on their side. We construct the bridge and get one guy across so the adds spawn over threre. He chills and hides next to a small pillar or box that's right next to the bridge so all the ads ignore him. Then we just jump up to the roof and snipe things till the ogres spawn and snipe them as well.

Ok, so someone still has to cross the bridge? Do the totems not act up with people still on the starting side or does jumping to the top of the building circumvent that effect?

Jinjo

Ok, so someone still has to cross the bridge? Do the totems not act up with people still on the starting side or does jumping to the top of the building circumvent that effect?

Totems won't flare up as long as the person on the other side stays in the center and doesn't hide off to the sides. It's kinda a cheap tactic by Bungie that as soon as ogres spawn you have to throw yourself in the way of danger otherwise you die by totems anyway. This holds true even when with 6 people, if you hide to far away from the center the totems flare up.

Spiders

Omnigul/Wizards/Boomers will still destroy you with Arc damage. The ogres now too. The only real benefit is that our Ballahorns will quickly burn Omnigul, but going in that room is still going to be a clusterfuck.

Once all the mobs are dead they won't respawn unless Omnigul takes a certain ammount of damage. Just clear all the mobs without damaging her, then enter the room and fire every Gjallarhorn rocket you got. That should kill her before the mobs that will spawn can kill you.

DJ88

Yeah someone still crosses but they just have to hide. And nope, the totems won't act up as long as no one stands on the center plate to start the bridge construction.

Feorax

Thanks for trying there guys. Shame the lag killed us. No idea what was wrong with my mic either.

If anyone needs one for NF or either HM raid, PSN is MattIgoe.

TP-DK

Totems won't flare up as long as the person on the other side stays in the center and doesn't hide off to the sides. It's kinda a cheap tactic by Bungie that as soon as ogres spawn you have to throw yourself in the way of danger otherwise you die by totems anyway. This holds true even when with 6 people, if you hide to far away from the center the totems flare up.

Actually the person doesnt have to be at the center. He can stay at the top of the stairs, begind the rocks on his left side. He just have to jump down every twenty second so they dont turn red.

I've never seen it. Every run that goes past 3 swords gives a 2nd Ogre phase which might as well be Enrage given the damage scaling of those fat fucks.

Our team did 4 sword actually. We just moved out of the oger room onto the ledge after ogers and got lucky with taking down the swordbearer ASAP. We only needed 3 hits on the third sword, then on the 4th sword we killed him.

You guys are right though, if you get a second oger wave you're probably done for.

KeRaSh

Is the hiding place behind that little pillar right next to the bridge considered "center" enough by the game?

Yeah someone still crosses but they just have to hide. And nope, the totems won't act up as long as no one stands on the center plate to start the bridge construction.

Good to know. I will give this a try with my brother. I can just use Radiance as a Sunsinger instead of jumping the building, right?

raindoc

First Nightfall: 10 coins for me 12 coins for a buddy. The gaffer who joined at the end got nothing (were you logged in before reset?)

lupin23rd

Drizzay (and RAWR), cheers for sticking around and trying to help out (again).

Never been a fan of these fights where everyone has to be pretty much perfect. Given the effort put in this week, I'm surprised that it's only just the first week of Hard Mode, so lots of time to get those two weapons (+ black hammer) that are the only things I actually want out of this.

Top Bottom