• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

was that all from roc strikes today?

That looks like when I pass engrams to other chars, they turn out all the same. Regardless, it blows.
Indeed it was from Roc today. RNG has been terrible lately from Roc strikes. Halfway through I start getting sick of doing it due to the loot being so damn bad every time.

Just give me Hawkmoon damnit

I really need to finish my pocket infinity bounty. This is coming on week 4 and need like 90 nightfall kills left. Or maybe just hoard it until HoW comes out.

Indeed it was from Roc today. RNG has been terrible lately from Roc strikes. Halfway through I start getting sick of doing it due to the loot being so damn bad every time.

Geez, that sucks. That's exactly what my Roc strikes has been ever. Blue engrams and 1 ship.

Bogeypop

was that all from roc strikes today?

That looks like when I pass engrams to other chars, they turn out all the same. Regardless, it blows.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Raise your hands give Sushi your energy so that he might be blessed with a Hawkmoon ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Raise your hands give Sushi your energy so that he might be blessed with a Hawkmoon ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

I have no time to explain what I don't have time to explain

you can has all my ass energy, all 200 something of it!

If you change out armor that gives you a bonus to heavy ammo before you respawn you will not lose ammo. Unless you had ammo over your cap. You will lose that.

This is the heavy ammo glitch.
It takes some getting used to, but it's really important that your primary ammo is 0 and doesn't regenerate before all those Acolytes are killed.
This is what your screen will look like when you do it right. On average those boxes are worth 4 rockets.

I think you need a heavy with surplus to get the most out of this glitch. It's also sort of annoying to do, especially if not everyone on your team is on the same page and people keep rushing to summon Crota or you're wiping all the time. Even using Universal Remote or No Land Beyond it's still really hard to empty your ammo before the gate comes down.

Is it better than using heavy synths, which are stupidly expensive and require glimmer grinding? Yeah, but it's still not ideal. In a perfect world, Hard Mode enemies would be close to this generous with heavy ammo naturally, and the dumb heavy ammo armor glitch wouldn't exist. This is just a stop gap.

Idk, guess ymmv.

When I tried it earlier today I had trouble getting my primary ammo not to refill. How much did you empty the clip?

Both primary and heavy need to be at 0. For practical purposes it's better to use something that has low reserve ammo like the Remote or NLB. All the other rifles have hundreds in the bank so they'll take to long to empty.

You also gotta time it so you don't do it too early (your ammo regens after like 20 seconds), or too late (your teammates kill everything, which means you don't get heavy ammo)

Honestly, if everyone on your team does it I can see it working well but good luck with impatient or uncoordinated groups.

Pimpn Drop Bear

Neo Member
Has anyone experienced rewards from Crotas end not appearing? I was in a lobby with a friend last night, we completed on hard and I noticed her gamer tag followed by "received willbreakers watch" and before I could open my mouth another person said "oh person x got willbreakers watch" so I know I didn't imagine it, however it is not in her inventory, or even the post office or vault. This was about 16 hours ago. Is this a known thing or will it turn up later?

Before the reset I'll need either of the two.

1. CE HM full or Crota CP.
2. CE normal full.

I prefer the first one but I'll take anything at this point.

psn Akademik209

IHaveIce

Banned
Has anyone experienced rewards from Crotas end not appearing? I was in a lobby with a friend last night, we completed on hard and I noticed her gamer tag followed by "received willbreakers watch" and before I could open my mouth another person said "oh person x got willbreakers watch" so I know I didn't imagine it, however it is not in her inventory, or even the post office or vault. This was about 16 hours ago. Is this a known thing or will it turn up later?
Did she have space for it?

Mindlog

When I tried it earlier today I had trouble getting my primary ammo not to refill. How much did you empty the clip?
I've found the trick is to empty it completely just before the room shields go down.
Is it better than using heavy synths, which are stupidly expensive and require glimmer grinding? Yeah, but it's still not ideal. In a perfect world, Hard Mode enemies would be close to this generous with heavy ammo naturally, and the dumb heavy ammo armor glitch wouldn't exist. This is just a stop gap.
Mythoclast is also great at draining primary.
It does depend on a patient team at times. I don't use it to save packs as I still have over 100. The reason I started using this is because it also negates the synth timer. Now I can throw 3 Gjallarhorns at the Swordbearer and still have 4 left for shield breaks. Run inside and I am good to go again. Crota moves every minute and the synth is sometimes just too slow to keep up.

completely. You have to best fast to start the encounter though. You should get it almost empty and then start, by the time the walls drop your primary should be finished. After that use your Icebreaker and watch as the heavy rains.

Pimpn Drop Bear

Neo Member
Did she have space for it?
Yeah she's obsessive compulsive for stuff like that haha only ever carried around one or two things in each slot. I can't work out why it's not showing up normally I'd just assume I was wrong about seeing the text down the bottom but someone else noticed it too so... Dunno.

Who remembers these classics?

X50NPcK.jpg
ifKHufY9g0lDQ.gif

This random lfg'er I did the NF with last night claimed he didn't get his Glowhoo and only shards when he beat Crota on Hard, and it wasn't at the postmaster. Then he said he was mad since everyone else got the primaries and secondaries and told me secondaries did drop for his teammates. So I'm guessing he was either on crank or doing normal... And on crank.

My lil' Titan is nearly all grown up. Have to get folks together later today or some other time this week to put down Urzok so I can get a 33 light gauntlet, and he'll be set for everything. Also half a bubble away from maxing out the Defender subclass.

Then it will be baby Warlock's turn (best subclass to start? Already began Sunsinger but I own Obsidian Mind) and hopefully before HoW releases I'll be Guardian Lord.

LordofPwn

Farming glimmer for heavy synth for reset. Hope to get more than 1 hard Crota kill this coming week. Just need crux and word of Crota then I'll be done with hard Crota for good.

That happened when I got my ballerhorn from a legendary engram, but since I didn't have one to begin with, I had to suck it up and then upgrade with Xur :/

You can upgrade it until you unlock wolfpacks and stop until Xur brings an upgrade, a 275 dmg horn with wolfpacks is still lethal enough.

ERMint13

I have had this happen actually. After the 24 hour reset it'll show up at post master.

I had a Ice breaker show up a day later. Why that happens who knows.....

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
You can upgrade it until you unlock wolfpacks and stop until Xur brings an upgrade, a 275 dmg horn with wolfpacks is still lethal enough.

I was lucky enough to get my gjallahorn on a Wed or Thurs or something, so i just waited a day or two for Xur and got the upgrade.

I've found the trick is to empty it completely just before the room shields go down.

Mythoclast is also great at draining primary.
It does depend on a patient team at times. I don't use it to save packs as I still have over 100. The reason I started using this is because it also negates the synth timer. Now I can throw 3 Gjallarhorns at the Swordbearer and still have 4 left for shield breaks. Run inside and I am good to go again. Crota moves every minute and the synth is sometimes just too slow to keep up.

Yeah, honestly, while I may seem like I'm talking the glitch down, hell nah, it's freaking great. It's just a pain to do repeatedly.

I think if everyone on your team has icebreaker and the patience, everybody should do it. Like you said it allows you to bypass the annoying cooldown + it would help with those teammates who are stingy with rockets, afraid of a bad run or weary of the cooldown.

HM Crota is the most joyless fucking encounter design. Win or lose doesn't matter, it's just a drag. Sorry to everyone in that last group, so infuriating to get so close so many times.

Edit: also if anyone is trying to fuck him up before reset I'm down for more Crota runs.

ocean

Banned
HM Crota is the most joyless fucking encounter design. Win or lose doesn't matter, it's just a drag. Sorry to everyone in that last group, so infuriating to get so close so many times.
Worst part is that, unlike VoG, leveling up will remove the challenge. In 5-6 weeks this'll be the same as running Normal...

They really did an amazing job with the design of the first Raid. Hope the next one takes us back to that level of design quality.

lupin23rd

Edit: also if anyone is trying to fuck him up before reset I'm down for more Crota runs.

All good, we totally would have had him given another run or two. Need to step away for a bit but may try to join a last minute run closer to reset.

DJ88

I know it's a long shot but does anyone have a HM bridge checkpoint? I'd like one last shot at the AR before the reset.

It really is.. Beating him should be fun and thrilling and the only feeling you get is relief that its over.

Very cool you offer continuous help to the community even with such a PITA event. Its appreciated

Worst part is that, unlike VoG, leveling up will remove the challenge. In 5-6 weeks this'll be the same as running Normal...

They really did an amazing job with the design of the first Raid. Hope the next one takes us back to that level of design quality.

The quality difference between VoG and CE is completely baffling to me. Resident Evil 6 was a better "sequel," ha. Like you said with the forced under-leveling, it's not about how "hard" it is or whether you manage to kill him each time or not. It has always been about the encounter designs themselves. VoG has a great spirit of myserious adventure mixed with uneasy menace... it just begs to be explored. CE is just a grimy, grumpy tiresome bore.

giphy.gif

All good, we totally would have had him given another run or two. Need to step away for a bit but may try to join a last minute run closer to reset.

Yeah, it's always tough if I join in on a group that's already been grinding for a while and is sleepy/bored/irritated, haha. I've been there before for sure.

Just rewatched the run where he immediately smacked my invisible ass right before the final shield break. So rage inducing.

It really is.. Beating him should be fun and thrilling and the only feeling you get is relief that its over.

Very cool you offer continuous help to the community even with such a PITA event. Its appreciated

Bolded part hits the nail on the head.

I love DGAF even more than I hate Crota so the overall experience is still lots of fun to me. Hopefully people I play with always understand any frustrations I have are directed towards the encounter and never any team members.

SkylineRKR

The Crota fight itself isn't bad (enrage aside, and spawn behaviour), everyone has to up their game. No slacking in the back. Its just the beginning, activating the crystal, fighting the tedious enemies before you can attack Crota again. Why did those enemies have to be 33 also?

KeRaSh

So I decided to solo the first two phases of Crota HM on my third Warlock for fun.
Turns out something changed or bugged out consistently. A few days ago I was able to sit on the thing next to the bridge and safely snipe the Ogre before he even gets within range to start shooting at me. On both occasions he would get stuck behind a rock right when he spawns for about two seconds and then simply teleports much, much closer which lets him instantly shoot at me.
I asked a friend who also experienced the same thing. Is Bungie able to make such changes on the fly or did we just get very, very unlucky? I was able to outrun the Thralls with Midas Multi Tool and managed to still make it but I don't want to rely on that to do it again...
I also did a few tests jumping on other rocks around the end to avoid Thralls and the Oger. Will probably do some more tests on alternative spots if the old spot keeps failing on me.
I got all the weapons I wanted already so anything from here on out is simply for science.

Top Bottom