• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Jinjo

I'll post the heavy ammo glitch because that sounds amazing, but the 2 sword no triple down thing isn't new or different than Lv31 normal CE and frankly I wouldn't recommend it to anyone just trying to get the kill. 3 swords are very very easy to come by, and the enrage when low health thing makes it inadvisable to push 2 sword damage that hard for most teams.

Crota Infinite Heavy Ammo Glitch:
1. Equip Ice Breaker.
2. Deplete all primary and heavy ammo
3. Watch every enemy you and your team kill drop heavy ammo
Tip: No Land Beyond is a good weapon for depleting your primary ammo. Not even a troll. Equipping the Corrective Measure LMG from VoG gave me 4 Gjallahorn rockets per heavy ammo drop.

Think of all the heavy ammo packs we save/don't need.

WE NO LONGER NEED YOU XUR, YOU HEAR THAT?! WE'VE BROKEN FREE OF YOUR SHACKLES!

zewone

He wasn't making a statement directly that Xur wasn't random. He was revealing that it was something that could be determined before it arrives. He revealed it by saying that he was asking the people moderating Xur if he would be selling a certain item again that upcoming xursday.

Were these people choosing what he's going to sell or just looking into the future to see what Xur sells?

Xur list isn't random. There was a poll on what was the most popular weapon and it was Suros. Then they gave us Suros. Just like they can increase Xur to stay for longer with PSN was getting hammered.

I don't think any logical person would think Xur is random at this point.

Exactly.

rNilla

definitely disappointed Deathsinger doesn't give double drops for all those shit Ultra adds you need to deal with afterwards in HM. no one can be revived until next CP.

This is the checkpoint that never ends
It just goes on and on my friends
Some Guardians started playing it not knowing what it was
and they'll continue playing it forever just because...

Xur is not random, he has been selling more post-DLC gear lately but the problem is that one of the new Exotic Weapons is fuckin' No Land Beyound.

Dance Machines, Stand Asides, Obsidian Mind are all post-DLC Exotic gear.

all three armor pieces sold last week were Helmets, this week it's all legs but Warlock have no legs so they are repeat Obsidian Mind from last week.

Obsidian Mind is the ONLY good thing Xur has but most Warlocks bought last week.

Stand Asides are disapointing that its color cannot be changed by shaders, I hate Exotic gear that don't change color. Stupid Glasshouse color

zewone

Xur list isn't random. There was a poll on what was the most popular weapon and it was Suros. Then they gave us Suros. Just like they can increase Xur to stay for longer with PSN was getting hammered.

I don't think any logical person would think Xur is random at this point.

This is what I believe but I don't think you can classify that as totally random.

For this week they obviously wanted leg exotics for armor. So they clicked all the leg boxes (excluding Warlocks). Just like when Xur sells all the classes helmets. How is it probable for that to happen.

Helmets have the most likely option to appear as there are more helmets than any other armor piece.

If you don't think Xur is random, I'm guessing you don't think the rest of the games RNG is random either.

Also for people who think Xur is completely random. Why have his items been all DLC items for multiple weeks. The chances of that happening if it was left up to a random number generation is extremely low.

Helmets have the most likely option to appear as there are more helmets than any other armor piece.

If you don't think Xur is random, I'm guessing you don't think the rest of the games RNG is random either.

I think RNG is random. I think Xur has select pool of items that Bungie can control what enters that pool. Which would make Xur selection not "totally random" but "random based on pre-selected items"

Defyler

GAF XBOX ONE Destiny (& crota hm) list thus far;

- Liquidsnake00 (32 Hunter)
- randomraawr
- dmh33 (32 Warlock x2 [dirty])
- Korosenai
- Tapiozona (32 Hunter)
- purg3 (32 Titan x3)
- Iceman829 (32 Hunter, 32 Warlock, 31 Titan)
- Homeboyd903 (32 Titan x3)
- TacticalFailure (32 Titan, 31 warlock, 31 hunter)
- yLEFTy (32 titan and hunter and 31 warlock)
- Mortalikus (32 Titan)
- Ev0lved1 (31 Titan)
- SimpleCRIPPLE (32 Titan(x2))
- Vince DiCola (32 Warlock, 31 Titan, 31 Hunter)
- Karl2177 (32 Hunter, 31 Titan, 31 Warlock)
- Macjester (31 Hunter, 31 Titan, 30 Warlock -- very soon 31)
- Toejam2501 (32 Warlocks x2, 31 Titan)
- Guitaratomik (Warlock 31 (Titan 31 soon))
- NJ Shlice (32 Warlock, 32 Titan, 31 Hunter)
- misterthirsty (32 Titan x2 and 31 warlock)
- rlench (30 Titan)
- justkelson (32 Titan, 31 Hunter (soon to be 32), 31 Warlock)
- Natural vV High (32 Hunter, 31 Titan)

Feel free to add everyone to your friend's lists.

Going to lunch now so feel free to PM me so I don't miss your post to be added.

- Defyler (31 Hunter, 30 Titan)

zewone

I think some items are more heavily weighted than others, which would make it not exactly random. I don't think Phil the intern is choosing to screw you over with No Land Beyond.

I have too many Ballerhorns. I want a Hawkmoon.

the xur being random is worth a discussion as it seems like a fun conspiracy. getting so many of one exotic and none of another is by definition. random.

I also have had 2 Ghorns drop in the last week, before that NONE. I want a hawkmoon too :(

LiK

10 goddamn minutes of you being forced to kill them alone. it should've been on a timer for us.

Xur is not random, he has been selling more post-DLC gear lately but the problem is that one of the new Exotic Weapons is fuckin' No Land Beyound.

Dance Machines, Stand Asides, Obsidian Mind are all post-DLC Exotic gear.

all three armor pieces sold last week were Helmets, this week it's all legs but Warlock have no legs so they are repeat Obsidian Mind from last week.

Obsidian Mind is the ONLY good thing Xur has but most Warlocks bought last week.

Stand Asides are disapointing that its color cannot be changed by shaders, I hate Exotic gear that don't change color. Stupid Glasshouse color

I thought he was selling Starfire Protocol for Warlocks this time.

I think some items are more heavily weighted than others, which would make it not exactly random. I don't think Phil the intern is choosing to screw you over with No Land Beyond.

Definition of random:
proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern:
the random selection of numbers.
Statistics. of or characterizing a process of selection in which each item of a set has an equal probability of being chosen.

-

Xur is not random. He is pre-selected, and those items within are randomized more than likely. But he is not random in the grand scheme of Destiny.

-
It's like I gave you the options to pick a color ball. And in this bag I have six balls: 2 red, 2 blue, or 2 green. And you pick one with your eyes closed. You picked green. I had purple, brown, and orange hidden behind my back so you never had an equal opportunity of receiving those other colors. It is not truly random. You though you had an equal opportunity of getting purple but your probability was 0% because of the conscious decision I made as this game creator.

Jinjo

the xur being random is worth a discussion as it seems like a fun conspiracy. getting so many of one exotic and none of another is by definition. random.

I also have had 2 Ghorns drop in the last week, before that NONE. I want a hawkmoon too :(

They just want to make you believe that. I'm guessing there is an element of randomness but Bungie definitely has the option to intervene as they've shown with Suros
and lack of Gjallarhorn
. The DLC exotics have definitely been overrepresented the past few weeks for it to be random. We've gotten every new DLC exotic already aside from the Arachnid helmet.

It shouldn't even be a discussion though. We literally have/had Deej on video with his voice talking in depth about people at Bungie picking Xur's inventory.

What else is there to discuss?

There's a huge difference between "random" and "some randomization allowed within constraints set by the company." I don't think the "Xur isn't random" team is saying that Bungie hand picks the stash every week. There is randomization involved, but it's still under the control of Bungie (at least that's my opinion).

Right, this is mostly what I'm saying too. But there are also weeks where they intentionally pick things like Suros and all the DLC stuff (maybe the exact DLC items had some randomization but Bungie restricted the possibilities to the DLC pool to encourage people to buy the DLC so they could buy the Xur items).

Yep, you were red barred the entire time and Jupiter was fluctuating. Yesterday and Wednesday Steroyd was the big winner, a day or two before that Death/ruthlessbarbarian was the "lag of the century" award winner.

Hey thanks man, never had that kind of lag in PVE before. Must have carried over from Iron banner.

Jinjo

Deathsinger became as useless as she ever was again. I'm never doing her on hard.

I saw Lik's response to this before I saw what you were referencing. I'm a little dissapointed this wasn't in reference to the Undying Mind strike.

Posting this again separately so I can discuss this better without someone quoting multiple things.

It's like I gave you the options to pick a color ball. And in this bag I have six balls: 2 red, 2 blue, or 2 green. And you pick one with your eyes closed. You picked green. I had purple, brown, and orange hidden behind my back so you never had an equal opportunity of receiving those other colors. It is not truly random. You though you had an equal opportunity of getting purple but your probability was 0% because of the conscious decision I made as this game creator.

I truly think this is what Bungie is doing, is it unethical, immoral? No because this is just a game. But it is not random and you shouldn't fool yourself into thinking that.

ocean

Banned

OK, you actually got me to laugh out loud for a while with this.

Be on in 30 minutes max! If you can hold a spot that'd be awesome.

I've been distracted by posting about Xur-ness but I'm logging on now. If we have enough people to roll now we should be able to do a quick kill or at least establish who the red bar bastards are...

You have a spot reserved when you get on, for sure.

rNilla

I saw Lik's response to this before I saw what you were referencing. I'm a little dissapointed this wasn't in reference to the Undying Mind strike.

Hey, who said it had to be exclusive to one checkpoint? :)

Change "checkpoint" to "grind" and apply to whole game.

Definition of random:
proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern:
the random selection of numbers.
Statistics. of or characterizing a process of selection in which each item of a set has an equal probability of being chosen.

-

Xur is not random. He is pre-selected, and those items within are randomized more than likely. But he is not random in the grand scheme of Destiny.

-

Gjallarhorn will be played by Purple Ball

What's wrong with them?

The Hive Disruptor perk which increases damage to Hive majors is white damage. White Nail and Phantom Gift only proc on crits. Hive Disruptor on both negate the main perks (explosive rounds on Word of Crota does as well). Bungies solution was removing Hive Disruptor for Black Hammer until fixed (no eta on that lol)

Word of Crota is still bugged, don't use explosive rounds or buy Hive Disruptor for it.

ocean

Banned
What's wrong with them?

Both have perks that require consecutive crits. The Hive Disruptor perk deals extra (non crit) damage to Hive Majors, which stops the other perk (which requires consecutive crits) from working.

So if you have a Black Hammer with Hive Disruptor, you get 3 consecutive crits on a Hive Major....and have to reload. The Disruptor damage makes the game believe you didn't get 3 consecutive crits. I believe they disabled Hive Disruptor on BH because of this.

Word of Crota, however, is in the same position except Hive Disruptor hasn't been disabled on it. So if you get it as a drop, don't buy that optional perk until it gets fixed.

Edit: beat :)

joecanada

It's not untrue because you can't get to level 33 even if the Atheon fight was full of 29's you'd still be employing single file through portals, or activate the gates and then run, Gjallarhorn more than making up the level difference DPS'ing Crota versus what now feels like Gjallarhorn being a requirement just to level the playing field.

What about being teleported to a random location or relic glitches or Containment killing you instantly or invincible Oracles then? How do you deal with those? Unless you have multiple ppl with high levels to pick up slack it's a wipe.
Way more ways to wipe in atheon fight.

When we are in How and everyone's 34 the sword glitches will barely matter too

Mindlog

I've been distracted by posting about Xur-ness but I'm logging on now. If we have enough people to roll now we should be able to do a quick kill or at least establish who the red bar bastards are...

You have a spot reserved when you get on, for sure.
If you need one I have a Warlock looking to kill Crota.
I normally Green Bar, Gjallarhorn, Killed him before, will travel.

If you need one I have a Warlock looking to kill Crota.
I normally Green Bar, Gjallarhorn, Killed him before, will travel.

Yeah I think we actually have 1 opening right now since some of the regulars can't get on right now. Hopefully we can bust out a quick kill and then replace people as needed.

We should be able to as long as connections are good. (edit: PSN is DrDrizzay101, not sure if you are on my FL or not but feel free to join my game if you are ready to roll now)

ocean

Banned

OK this is silly but whenever I scroll up and catch a glimpse of this I start laughing again. I think it's really driving me crazy. I've kept this browser tab open for an hour: http://www.birdmanbackstage.com/

It's got the drums from Birdman playing in the background. I hate them and I love them and they make my web browsing sound dramatic and they're making me lose my mind maybe? Haha I blame them for finding your post so funny IRL :p

Top Bottom