• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Dave_6

last night when our crew cleared it, we were hanging out in the right ogre room waiting for the ogre. Then the swordbearer ran in and we cracked up, But it made me think for a second how easy it was to get to him from down here. it makes so much sense now. hell the room is basically set up for this strategy.

I still can't believe how quick we destroyed the Ogres LOL. They didn't have a chance. Then I was like "Oh shit!" when the sword bearer ran in the room and I had to jump over him to get out. I'm still hyped about that run we had even though I didn't get one weapon drop (did get the sparrow! Lol). There's always this week though.

I'm ready to do 3x Nightfalls tonight and maybe the weeklies too. All burns will be nice.

I like that it doesn't require the jump away, land on a little rock and jump back part of other strats. I always fail as a sword runner to get away quick enough while landing precise jumps.

//Edit: Plus it puts you right at ground level where all of the ammo is, and through the crystal room twice for orbs that you made during the opening add attack.//

Just so I don't mess it up, I typed it out in a list so I can print it and try tonight. Here it is if anyone wants to do the same.

Crystal Room
-Kill adds
-Exit right to Ogre room
Right Ogre room
-Kill adds
-Wait for Crota to move to right platform
-Kill Swordbearer
-Up steps
On right platform
-Two bubbles (1 distract boomers/1 protect from Crota)
-Rocket Crota
-Sword Crota
Move through Crystal Room to left Ogre room
Left Ogre room
-Kill adds
-Kill Ogre in room
-Kill Ogre outside (moves left to right)
-Kill more adds
-Wait for Crota to move to left platform
-Kill Swordbearer
-Up steps
On left platform
-Rocket Crota
-Sword Crota
Move through Crystal Room to Right Ogre room
Right Ogre room
-Kill adds
-Wait for Crota to move to right platform
-Kill Swordbearer
-Up steps
On right platform
-Rocket Crota
-Sword Crota
Dishes are done.

I watched the video, but why do the ogres come after one sword? I thought you had to kill 2? Looks like a really solid strategy though. The old one was solid, but it's so easy to have a boomer ruin a perfectly good run.

I think Ogre numbers are related to how many ppl are alive in the end, no?

I always thought that was a thing.

Kartik was amazing. When he went up without telling us to DPS crota because his mic was on mute I couldnt hold myself lol

Are those mostly lag related glitches?

Have you guys tried dismantling and forming another fireteam?

This morning was an amazing time. I can't wait until next week!

Palom getting DC'ed was a pretty fitting start to those particular reset raids. Apologies to anyone if I was getting too grumpy, CE HM puts me in such a bad mood nowadays and then we kept scrubbing it up so hard even on the easy phases, combined with the usual laggy glitchy fuckery. We didn't have Kadey's luck, only saw 1 Crux from three clears but oh well.

I'm more than happy to help any other team do HM Crota or w/e but just send a PM because I probably won't be around the OT much. If you see me in VoG by myself with a closed fireteam... I'm just doing the Templar Tango, we need some alone time.

Making some Toasty Fails/Wins gifs will cheer me up... gg everyone !

bvvrNvY.gif
Thus another Guardian Lord will be remember in the history of DestinyGAF.
Dont really care about finishing the nightfalls, weeklies or HM's. But will continue doing the reset raids and playing here and there if the #tTeamTryHard and #TeamEpicSax continues

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Were you ever able to 3-man it?
No :( Came pretty close, especially 4 manning it with 2 titans. They were kind enough to carry me through the Pit and Bridge before bed though.

You guys got it done though I hear? Sorry again I couldn't hop in to help in time.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Kartik really likes bubbles.
Well yeah. Bubbles are a lifesaver.

Kartik was amazing. When he went up without telling us to DPS crota because his mic was on mute I couldnt hold myself lol
That was not a fun experience.

Kartik is Daredevil with the sword lol, I would crap my pants if I had to blind jump on Crota platform trusting the rocket squad would down him in time.
Just have to trust the power of Ballerhorn.

This morning was an amazing time. I can't wait until next week!

Yes :3

phen0m24

Palom getting DC'ed was a pretty fitting start to those particular reset raids. Apologies to anyone if I was getting too grumpy, CE HM puts me in such a bad mood nowadays and then we kept scrubbing it up so hard even on the easy phases, combined with the usual laggy glitchy fuckery. We didn't have Kadey's luck, only saw 1 Crux from three clears but oh well.

I'm more than happy to help any other team do HM Crota or w/e but just send a PM because I probably won't be around the OT much. If you see me in VoG by myself with a closed fireteam... I'm just doing the Templar Tango, we need some alone time.

Oooh now you stop. You love it. Plus team
Fail Scrub
Fun Run always enjoys your calming presence.

We going to try the left right bubble bro strategy? Anyone could do the sword then.

LiK

CE glitches and lag is awful today

Two Words

Anybody on PS4 need to do Nightfalls and Weekly Heroics? I need to do both three times. I'll do it as much as anybody needs if they don't need all 6.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I watched the video, but why do the ogres come after one sword? I thought you had to kill 2? Looks like a really solid strategy though. The old one was solid, but it's so easy to have a boomer ruin a perfectly good run.
It's because they're actually waiting for a cycle to pass and getting the first hit in on what would be the second sword for groups using the more typical strategies.

Normally you hit Crota on Center -> He goes right -> Goes center, and you hit him again -> Goes left -> Ogres -> Goes center -> Goes right -> Goes center, kill

This strat is Crota center -> He goes right, and you hit him -> Goes center -> Goes left, Ogres, and you hit him -> Goes center -> Goes right, kill him

EL CUCO

HM Crota is definitely the most challenging Destiny has ever been...for all the wrong reasons. Last night, the Knight must've gone through the glass 6 times in about 8 or 9 runs. One time BOTH of them went through.

All I can do is laugh now.

It's because they're actually waiting for a cycle to pass and getting the first hit in on what would be the second sword for groups using the more typical strategies.

Normally you hit Crota on Center -> He goes right -> Goes center, and you hit him again -> Goes left -> Ogres -> Goes center -> Goes right -> Goes center, kill

This strat is Crota center -> He goes right, and you hit him -> Goes center -> Goes left, Ogres, and you hit him -> Goes center -> Goes right, kill him

Hum... So Ogres are connected to Crota's movement, not number of SB downed?

I didnt know that.

HM Crota is definitely the most challenging Destiny has ever been...for all the wrong reasons. Last night, the Knight must've gone through the glass 6 times in about 8 or 9 runs. One time BOTH of them went through.

Reminiscent of trying to do flawless VoG before they made it a little less buggy. Challenging for all the wrong reasons

Thus another Guardian Lord will be remember in the history of DestinyGAF.
Dont really care about finishing the nightfalls, weeklies or HM's. But will continue doing the reset raids and playing here and there if the #tTeamTryHard and #TeamEpicSax continues

haha yeah exactly. We can discuss among ourselves what raiding we want to do but we really need to prioritize fun and good vibes. Instead of just HM CE, maybe:

1.) HM CE: Pit and Bridge if people need AR or PR
2.) NM CE: DS and Crota for exotic chances
3.) HM VoG: Gorgons --> Atheon for exotics and fun

It just sucks trying to raid but 4/6ths of the team has to leave before we even finish and 1/6th of the team has to leave due to being a grumpy Gus. Steroyd is the lone survivor...

Gifs will be incoming after I eat (which I know is part of the sour mood). Cheers for the reply Cuco :)

The Ogres are on a timer, not tied to swordbearers or Crota kneels. This strat is a slower pace than what we are used to.

LTWood12

No :( Came pretty close, especially 4 manning it with 2 titans. They were kind enough to carry me through the Pit and Bridge before bed though.

You guys got it done though I hear? Sorry again I couldn't hop in to help in time.

nah we only did it the one time with you. no worries! Thanks for your help!

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

The knight thing is not a glitch IMO. Even when you are camping on that outside ledge the thralls can hit you through the glass.

Four rockets hit Crota. Shield goes down. Crota is still standing. What the fuck
Go back to orbit, that's because of lag.

We got like 4 Crux drops in one clear :lol I think only Bitsurugi didn't get one but that was expected. He has like the worst luck in this game.

I used to think it was silly, but I'm becoming more convinced that somehow drop rates are tied to certain accounts. We love you Steroyd but the guy with literally every possible exotic is the only one to get the Crux...? I know "RNG" and all that but wow.

spyder_ur

Trying to see if I can get a normal raid going with my 32 Titan. Chasing Black Hammer and some shards. Can run sword if needed.

1. Schwagger15 (spyder_ur)
2. grimlock33

LTWood12

I still can't believe how quick we destroyed the Ogres LOL. They didn't have a chance. Then I was like "Oh shit!" when the sword bearer ran in the room and I had to jump over him to get out. I'm still hyped about that run we had even though I didn't get one weapon drop (did get the sparrow! Lol). There's always this week though.

I'm ready to do 3x Nightfalls tonight and maybe the weeklies too. All burns will be nice.

That was hilarious. i was pumped too man. Thanks for joining up! not sure i'll be on at all today, but i'll be rooting from everyone from the sideline.

Top Bottom