• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Rehsa

Oh we've already had the first session held this way. It was lovely, got the classroom kill and everything.

Yeah, he doesn't seem staggerable so much. I was thinking from the perch on the bridge post rather than the rock by the lantern, you could just do enough damage to kill him with black hammer. But maybe it's not possible

It was a good class and helped with the HM run I did later that night, though I forgot about the Thrawl kill through the glass -.- I would like to do it again on my Hunter though sometime

It's been my experience that the Ogre in hardmode isn't staggered by a Sniper the same as on Normal since he is a major. I've seen someone put precision shot after shot from a maxed IB. I've also tried it myself with BH...there's just not enough damage done to kill him or stagger him before he lets off his Guardian shredder void beam, IMO. I've only tried it once with a Sniper and got killed. I'd say if you dont have invis or bubble, it's rockets Ghorn FTW.

I'd love to hear other people's experience when soloing the Ogre.

I dont. I found it impossible. tried sniping. didnt work, put 3 horns into him. could nto get another shot off before I died. . instead when he shows up I use bladdacner super and vanish. then run behind the rock right behind the bridge plate. crouch and wait for another invis.

SpecX

Stuck at work again after a reset. I got ti sign on this morning for 10 mins and get the first CE chest though for the last shards needed to max out my gantlets. Anyone running VOG HM or CE normal tonight around 8-9 PST? I've been delaying doing any raiding without my local friends, but now I need to start getting in these so I can stop missing out on the potential weekly rewards.

Ryck

Thanks for the hand Border!!

Running another NF we have space for one more.

PS4: Ryck007

Edit: full

One more afterward tho!

Dazzler

ran my first LFG raid last night, was pretty fun, carried some low level and new guys through VoG, pretty rewarding talking people through it

EL CUCO

I dont. I found it impossible. tried sniping. didnt work, put 3 horns into him. could nto get another shot off before I died. . instead when he shows up I use bladdacner super and vanish. then run behind the rock right behind the bridge plate. crouch and wait for another invis.

got it.
Last night I must've hit him with 6 Ghorns and it wasn't enough to kill him before he fired at me. It just bought me enough time to pop a bubble and wait for the path to clear.

I think he had about 5-10% health after those rockets. I was tempted to kill him, but I had already died once trying be the Ogre slayer.

KxoZz

So my friend and I tried to do the "superman across the bridge" cheese, but my friend (who was the titan) only got shot up like 5% of the time and then not high enough.
Are we missing something? Is there a trick to this?

dang BB you got me all giddy. I ran off to check my helmets.

My main had infusion on the helm and I didn't even realize it

You need to run the NF any more? I know you were "working" from home today so maybe you already did it. If not, I'll be on around 5:30CST to see how many I can work in before 8pmCST when I have some real-life plans.

That goes for anyone else who wants to roll with me. I want to see what this maxed Fang does in the NF.

thats becuase you dont have a fb

how do you not have a fb? you have everything

actually as far as legendary HC's go, I would put it third
FB
the devil you know (OG Vendor version)
word of crota

My Lash with crowd control/field scout/clown cartridge would like to have a word... perhaps the last word?

... I'll show myself out...

Nuszka

Well, my Crota raid weapon collection is now complete after today, including the new necro exotic.

However it's really starting to bug me that after all this time and effort I still don't have the damn Hawkmoon :/ I just want it so damn bad lol, it's near obsessive now. Hand cannon telemetry waiting, 3 characters with ten 5K bounties each just waiting.... C'mon now!

Still have 3 atheons left for that chance, I'll be putting a group together for it later today if anyone is interested in 3 back to back kills. Probably a few hours from now.

Count me in.

So my friend and I tried to do the "superman across the bridge" cheese, but my friend (who was the titan) only got shot up like 5% of the time and then not high enough.
Are we missing something? Is there a trick to this?

Yes, there is a trick. The propulsion is basically provided by the totem top opening slightly to let the player sink into the middle, then squeezing the player when it closes back up, shooting the player straight up.

1.) Get superman in position on top of the totem
2.) Another player stands on the middle plate for maybe ~2 seconds then jumps off
3.) Make sure that no one is standing on the same totem you are using as a catapult. You want the Annihilator to activate slightly which opens up the totem and lets the player sink into it (like pulling back a sling shot).
4.)The superman should ensure he doesn't get stuck on the totem top itself, and actually falls into it. You can tell it works because your gestures/dancing won't work.
5.) If the middle plate on/off is timed correctly.... ka-boooooom! We have lift off.

Ragarra

You need to run the NF any more? I know you were "working" from home today so maybe you already did it. If not, I'll be on around 5:30CST to see how many I can work in before 8pmCST when I have some real-life plans.

That goes for anyone else who wants to roll with me. I want to see what this maxed Fang does in the NF.

I should be up for at least 2 runs at 530cst/630est.

stb

You will need Radiant Materials to level up your gear so you might as well run both.

Not to mention that you will burn out running Hard Mode only. It's not very fun to be honest. You need to be able to go back to Normal mode so you can remember what a fun raid is like.

Eh. The radmats will come in time. I'm just trying to determine what my most efficient path is to legs/chest and Fang. I'm really not enjoying CE the way I still do VoG. CE seems like a chore; I kind of resent having to play it to hit 32 and get a weapon I'm interested in.

Anyone on Xbox One down for doing Vault of Glass on Hard? Going to start it up in a few. Message: Mr Greencastle if you want an invite. All done.

Mindlog

Just had a few minutes and managed to get a very quick Pit/Bridge solo on my Exo Titan. Didn't hit 32 last week because its armor rolls were terrible. Got boots from the Pit and gloves from the Bridge.

Boots were Int/Dis.
Gloves were pure Int.
Titan Bubble is at 96% cooldown with unapgraded armor and Saint 14 helm or 100% already with Glasshouse.

aK9uMhb.gif

ps Soloing the Pit/Bridge is too easy on a Titan. I was heading for the cliff, but halfway through decided to aim for the unbuilt bridgehead and still landed it and still had enough sword to kill the Gatekeeper even though that was completely unnecessary.

I should be up for at least 2 runs at 530cst/630est.

Awesome. I'll hit you up around then.

Side note: are we going to raid on Friday night? HM Crota? I only need the Word of Crota to complete my collection. I'd also be down for some old school HM VoG. Basically, I just want a shot at an exotic (Horn).

Dave_6

cool, throw me an add, I'll be online from 4.30pst, so we can work it out later

Ok. I should be online around 7 PM CST. My PSN is DaveS78. I have a group I usually do one of each with that I will probably do first if that's ok. Should be done by 8 I would think.

stb, you up for one NF and weekly sometime tonight?

Top Bottom