• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

It's because they're actually waiting for a cycle to pass and getting the first hit in on what would be the second sword for groups using the more typical strategies.

Normally you hit Crota on Center -> He goes right -> Goes center, and you hit him again -> Goes left -> Ogres -> Goes center -> Goes right -> Goes center, kill

This strat is Crota center -> He goes right, and you hit him -> Goes center -> Goes left, Ogres, and you hit him -> Goes center -> Goes right, kill him
So when is the Hard Mode Crota Sword School? :-D

I can help you with that Gorgon chest, let me know if you want me to head down there now.

Any interest in getting a Crota normal run going?

Thanks for being willing to help me out. I need a few minutes before starting the crota normal run. My fiancee is playing GTAV after I just spent 5 hours grinding Destiny

Oh yeah I forgot you don't have to kill the ogre it's just a time thing. Right. We did that last night with a Titan Bubble too. Titan Bubble wouldn't lasting long enough on it's own but if you stagger and DPS the ogre and then use the titan bubble you have enough time to wait for the bridge to form.

I would like to see the Black Hammer strategy work. I worry that when the Ogre hides behind the rock it messes up the timing of white nail and the Ogre could take you out during re-loads... but it sounds like it could work.

That works on normal. I haven't seen it work on Hard.

FTFY

I thought they all have Infusion?

I got 3 Titan helmets and all 3 did.

spyder_ur

Can I hop in for the Gorgan CP please?

Thanks for being willing to help me out. I need a few minutes before starting the crota normal run. My fiancee is playing GTAV after I just spent 5 hours grinding Destiny

I'm down here now if anyone else wants to hop down. Daryl I can get you later if you need it.

Bored out of my mind on this snow day. Can't get into any raids - slow to the trigger.

First nightfall... Ofc someone other than me gets Hawkmoon...

Buuuut... I did get a disgustingly good shotgun. Judgement with shot package + hammer forged + another range perk + luck in the chamber

B8YNpvLIcAAiVLR.jpg:large

I'm down here now if anyone else wants to hop down. Daryl I can get you later if you need it.

Bored out of my mind on this snow day. Can't get into any raids - slow to the trigger.

Damn I know how that feels. I'm always drifting and hoping to get picked up for raids.

Sounds like a dual-PS4 situation

Suggesting I might need to buy another PS4? Sadly I agree lol, maybe next year it will be easier. We are going to buy a gaming PC and I will probably get PSTV so I can stream to the monitor if she wants to play either on the PS4 or X1 (which is about to get some streaming/screen sharing with Windows 10). So at least next year I will be able to get on one of the consoles or PC while she gets her game on.

Repost starting in 45

Hello all.
Looking to form a group to start at 1130 pst 230 est.

I am looking to run 3 characters through hard mode crotas end up to the Crota boss battle. It should be pretty quick and basically since crota is hit and miss I would rather attempt that after. I am interested in running the first 75 percent of the raid for chances at the pulse rifle, assault rifle and exotic chance. If your only down for one or two runs that is ok also we can find others. Ps4. I have 2 32s (titan ans hunter)and a 31 Sunsinger.

1. Mattiator85
2. Bigmanny287
3. Captscience (2 runs)
4. Jaydee191 (2runs)
5.grimlock33 (3 runs)
6.ty_84

alt

1. Mandrakeuk (someone usually doesn't show so I'll add you.)

No problem, I will be in a nightfall or bounties till then. Just give me a shout if there is room for me.

Rehsa

First NF, Pulse Rifle and Void MG18A which I had already bought, bleh

And VG rank up gave me another set of gloves, been a while since I got a weapon from them. Double bleh

phen0m24

Suggesting I might need to buy another PS4? Sadly I agree lol, maybe next year it will be easier. We are going to buy a gaming PC and I will probably get PSTV so I can stream to the monitor if she wants to play either on the PS4 or X1 (which is about to get some streaming/screen sharing with Windows 10). So at least next year I will be able to get on one of the consoles or PC while she gets her game on.

Man every time my son is playing and I'm relegated to "watching" duty I wish I bought him his own ps4. Co op buddies would be fun. Of course him having to level his gear again = not so fun

Thanks again to my weekly team...I was going numb for awhile towards the end after the 6 Crota raids, Gorgon cp and 3 nightfalls haha

Got everything apart from the hunter's helmet in the raid...still Gjallarhornless, forever will be :(

Namikaze1

Hahah. Probably after the cap is raised and everyone can easily hit 32. For now, we are doing Normal sword school with no chalice and using a strategy that is viable for Hard.
I think that's a better idea. Hard mode will break even the best of players. It's best to get them used to doing normal runs as if it was hard mode to get them prepare for the actual hard mode.

EL CUCO

I assume Black Hammer could definitely get the job done. But you don't have to kill him. I soloed the pit the first time my group made it past the pit on Hard, just by staying very invisible until the bridge was done.

Of course it is. I just use a sniper rifle.
It's been my experience that the Ogre in hardmode isn't staggered by a Sniper the same as on Normal since he is a major. I've seen someone put precision shot after shot from a maxed IB. I've also tried it myself with BH...there's just not enough damage done to kill him or stagger him before he lets off his Guardian shredder void beam, IMO. I've only tried it once with a Sniper and got killed. I'd say if you dont have invis or bubble, it's rockets Ghorn FTW.

I'd love to hear other people's experience when soloing the Ogre.

stb

For Crota's End:

1) if I run Normal mode, the only difference is I have a better chance of getting the stuff that's NOT *only* available in Hard, right? e.g. the best chance of getting armor and special/heavy weapons is in normal mode because there are fewer things in the loot table. Right?

2) I already have Hunger of Crota and Black Hammer. Are Light of the Abyss, Swordbreaker, and Song of Ir Yut worth grinding (doing BOTH normal and HM runs) for?

3) Are people seeing raid armor and raid weapons drop at about the same frequency in both modes?

The bottom line here is that I need legs or a chest to hit 32, I'd like the Fang because I like scouts, and the rest is gravy. I just want to know what I "should" be running to try to get those 2 things.

Deku Tree

It's been my experience that the Ogre in hardmode isn't staggered by a Sniper the same as on Normal since he is a major. I've seen someone put precision shot after shot from a maxed IB. I've also tried it myself with BH...there's just not enough damage done to kill him or stagger him before he lets off his Guardian shredder void beam, IMO. I've only tried it once with a Sniper and got killed. I'd say if you dont have invis or bubble, it's rockets Ghorn FTW.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Well shit!

I just thought it was since all the helmets had it.

Are the other Armour pieces the same? Random perks upon roll?

Yes all the armor pieces seem to have one random perk and the rest seem to be fixed. The random perk for all helmets seems to be from the same pool and one out of six of the possibilities is Infusion.

Group of all stars just beat Hardmode crota in like 7 mins no wipe.

Got 4th Horsemen
New Hardmode Ship
New Speeder
Word of Crota

I am happy RNGsus.

noomi

Well, my Crota raid weapon collection is now complete after today, including the new necro exotic.

However it's really starting to bug me that after all this time and effort I still don't have the damn Hawkmoon :/ I just want it so damn bad lol, it's near obsessive now. Hand cannon telemetry waiting, 3 characters with ten 5K bounties each just waiting.... C'mon now!

Still have 3 atheons left for that chance, I'll be putting a group together for it later today if anyone is interested in 3 back to back kills. Probably a few hours from now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think that's a better idea. Hard mode will break even the best of players. It's best to get them used to doing normal runs as if it was hard mode to get them prepare for the actual hard mode.
Oh we've already had the first session held this way. It was lovely, got the classroom kill and everything.

Yeah, he doesn't seem staggerable so much. I was thinking from the perch on the bridge post rather than the rock by the lantern, you could just do enough damage to kill him with black hammer. But maybe it's not possible

border

For Crota's End:

1) if I run Normal mode, the only difference is I have a better chance of getting the stuff that's NOT *only* available in Hard, right? e.g. the best chance of getting armor and special/heavy weapons is in normal mode because there are fewer things in the loot table. Right?

2) I already have Hunger of Crota and Black Hammer. Are Light of the Abyss, Swordbreaker, and Song of Ir Yut worth grinding (doing BOTH normal and HM runs) for?

You will need Radiant Materials to level up your gear so you might as well run both.

Not to mention that you will burn out running Hard Mode only. It's not very fun to be honest. You need to be able to go back to Normal mode so you can remember what a fun raid is like.

Only items I need from Crota's End to complete the loot table collection:

1. Warlock Helmet
2. Hunter Helmet
3. Bane of the Dark Gods - Hard Mode Ship

That's it! I have all the other weapons, shaders, emblems, ships, sparrows, etc. etc.

My Titan has gotten 3 helmets so far, yet my Hunter and Warlock have yet to have one drop.

Muwahahahaha! I have something Cosmos doesn't have! Win

Rehsa

dang BB you got me all giddy. I ran off to check my helmets.

My main had infusion on the helm and I didn't even realize it

I got my helm first few Normal runs and didn't even realize it had infusion and that wasn't common. I assumed it was as well since both arms and legs had same perks..I feel lucky now that I know about it

Top Bottom