• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Definity

Looking forward to using abyss defiant today on the nightfall. I've not been much of an AR fan but I'm really liking this one so far.

Sullichin

any rocket launcher will trump even the best heavy machine gun.

No way. Machine Guns all the way in PVP. More potential for longer killstreaks. Thunderlord kills in like 3-4 headshots and you get 180 bullets. Of course you can rack up kills with RLs but it doesn't matter if people are grouped together or not with LMGs.

hydruxo

any rocket launcher will trump even the best heavy machine gun.

With rocket launchers you only get 4 rockets or so. With machine guns you get so much bullets that if you conserve them and never die you could go on a 15 kill streak. Especially with Thunderlord.

Mattiator

Repost starting in 45

Hello all.
Looking to form a group to start at 1130 pst 230 est.

I am looking to run 3 characters through hard mode crotas end up to the Crota boss battle. It should be pretty quick and basically since crota is hit and miss I would rather attempt that after. I am interested in running the first 75 percent of the raid for chances at the pulse rifle, assault rifle and exotic chance. If your only down for one or two runs that is ok also we can find others. Ps4. I have 2 32s (titan ans hunter)and a 31 Sunsinger.

1. Mattiator85
2. Bigmanny287
3. Captscience (2 runs)
4. Jaydee191 (2runs)
5.grimlock33 (3 runs)
6.ty_84

alt

1. Mandrakeuk (someone usually doesn't show so I'll add you.)

zewone

No way. Machine Guns all the way in PVP. More potential for longer killstreaks. Thunderlord kills in like 3-4 headshots and you get 180 bullets. Of course you can rack up kills with RLs but it doesn't matter if people are grouped together or not with LMGs.

With rocket launchers you only get 4 rockets or so. With machine guns you get so much bullets that if you conserve them and never die you could go on a 15 kill streak. Especially with Thunderlord.

I'm not talking about what weapon can give me the longer killstreak.

If I see someone with a Thunderlord, my Steel Oracle will make short work of them and their potential killstreak.

It's about getting the kills and a rocket launcher will beat out any HMG 1v1 everytime.

Even if the HMG were to kill me, they won't live long to talk about it because a RL is a fire and forget weapon.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Forgot to say Gjallarhorn. FTFY.
Is it even possible to solo the ogre in the pit without a Horn?
I assume Black Hammer could definitely get the job done. But you don't have to kill him. I soloed the pit the first time my group made it past the pit on Hard, just by staying very invisible until the bridge was done.

Repost starting in 45

Hello all.

I am looking to run 3 characters through hard mode crotas end up to the Crota boss battle. It should be pretty quick and basically since crota is hit and miss I would rather attempt that after. I am interested in running the first 75 percent of the raid for chances at the pulse rifle, assault rifle and exotic chance. If your only down for one or two runs that is ok also we can find others. Ps4. I have 2 32s (titan ans hunter)and a 31 Sunsinger.

1. Mattiator85
2. Bigmanny287
3. Captscience (2 runs)
4. Jaydee191 (2runs)

alt/maby

1. Macello
2. Jinjo

I'm game. Have one Crota kill done but need the first 3/4 on all my guardians. Hunter is only a level 31 however.

Edit: thinking of just looking Crota on normal because I'm still chasing Black Hammer.

Only items I need from Crota's End to complete the loot table collection:

1. Warlock Helmet
2. Hunter Helmet
3. Bane of the Dark Gods - Hard Mode Ship

That's it! I have all the other weapons, shaders, emblems, ships, sparrows, etc. etc.

My Titan has gotten 3 helmets so far, yet my Hunter and Warlock have yet to have one drop.

Deku Tree

I assume Black Hammer could definitely get the job done. But you don't have to kill him. I soloed the pit the first time my group made it past the pit on Hard, just by staying very invisible until the bridge was done.

Oh yeah I forgot you don't have to kill the ogre it's just a time thing. Right. We did that last night with a Titan Bubble too. Titan Bubble wouldn't lasting long enough on it's own but if you stagger and DPS the ogre and then use the titan bubble you have enough time to wait for the bridge to form.

I would like to see the Black Hammer strategy work. I worry that when the Ogre hides behind the rock it messes up the timing of white nail and the Ogre could take you out during re-loads... but it sounds like it could work.

Of course it is. I just use a sniper rifle.

That works on normal. I haven't seen it work on Hard.

Only items I need from Crota's End to complete the loot table collection:

1. Warlock Helmet with infusion
2. Hunter Helmet with infusion
3. Bane of the Dark Gods - Hard Mode Ship
4. Titan Helmet with infusion?

That's it! I have all the other weapons, shaders, emblems, ships, sparrows, etc. etc.

My Titan has gotten 3 helmets so far, yet my Hunter and Warlock have yet to have one drop.

FTFY

zewone

Rocket launchers are awesome but I've never gone on a streak with them like I have with a machine gun. You get a lot more ammo for a machine gun of course

You guys are too focused on kill streaks. Sure it feels awesome to go on a 10+ killstreak with a HMG, but that doesn't happen every time. You are likely to be killed by a rocket or super.

In my opinion, the best way to deal with heavy ammo is to get it out of your opponents hands as soon as you can, not worry about the kill streak.

With my 4 rockets I'll take out anyone else who got heavy ammo. It doesn't matter if I have to use 4 rockets to kill 4 people with heavy. I don't want them getting easy kills with their own heavy.

I'm in it to win, not have the longest streak.

Nothing really good from NF this week, Got Dragon Breath from HM Crota early.

Looking to do:

1 HM CE
1 Normal CE
3 HM Atheon
3 Gorgon Chest

Born2Live

Repost starting in 45

Hello all.

1. Mattiator85
2. Bigmanny287
3. Captscience (2 runs)
4. Jaydee191 (2runs)

alt/maby

1. Macello
2. Jinjo

I'm down for a couple of runs using my Warlock and Titan. PSN is Ty_84.

spyder_ur

Nothing really good from NF this week, Got Dragon Breath from HM Crota early.

Looking to do:

1 HM CE
1 Normal CE
3 HM Atheon
3 Gorgon Chest

I can help you with that Gorgon chest, let me know if you want me to head down there now.

Any interest in getting a Crota normal run going?

B8YLevkIIAAjcUx.jpg:large

Repost starting in 45

Hello all.

1. Mattiator85
2. Bigmanny287
3. Captscience (2 runs)
4. Jaydee191 (2runs)
5.grimlock33 (3 runs)

alt/maby

1. Macello
2. Jinjo

MandrakeUK said he's game as well.

Edit: just saw he posted above.

Top Bottom